worth the risk

Dwale, KY

#41 Apr 9, 2012
Pay attention wrote:
<quoted text>
The China Buffet seems to do fine with food from the grocery stores in town and browns. Don't tell me they order from big companies, I've been right there when Alan was buying food in the store for the restaurant.
Yes he does buy SOME things, like pop, from Walmart. Not everything! He couldn't afford to. Trust me, I have worked in the restaurant industry for over ten years, I do know what I am talking about.
When

Owingsville, KY

#42 Apr 9, 2012
Pay attention wrote:
<quoted text>
The China Buffet seems to do fine with food from the grocery stores in town and browns. Don't tell me they order from big companies, I've been right there when Alan was buying food in the store for the restaurant.
. You need to pay attention it not that our local restaurants but from browns it's what they buy from there. They buy ore cooked frozen food instead if making it from scratch. Browns sells veggie and fruit and meat from there that are resh not already cooked so u just have to warm it and server. But I guess people from Louisa just warm high priced microwave dinners instead of made from scratch.
Open

Owingsville, KY

#43 Apr 12, 2012
Jason wrote:
They are gonna try to open Tuesday. My brother and his wife,(Annie's sister). For the jack asses complaining on here, DON'T GO THERE TO EAT, GO TO WENDY'S OR MCDONALD'S. IDIOTS!! They have spent the last month and a half cleaning up Brady's shit BBQ mess!! Health department is gonna be there to inspect Monday. So try and make it out Tuesday if their plans of opening stay on track. That was for all of the ones not bitching!! I'm sure they would appreciated ur buisness. Thanks all!
Just wondering if they got to open up Tuesday
Nakhash

Georgetown, KY

#44 Apr 12, 2012
I saw a Brown's delivery truck there this afternoon. Because of this, I assume they'll be open by this weekend.
Mama

Dwale, KY

#45 Apr 12, 2012
Down Home Grill will be open starting this Saturday, April 14th. Hours 7am-3pm
Bill

Winchester, KY

#46 Apr 12, 2012
No matter how down home it is...the city out house is just around the corner. The smell will kill you if the food don't
Cook

Bowie, MD

#47 Apr 13, 2012
Are they hiring?
Nakhash

Richmond, KY

#48 Apr 13, 2012
Thank you, Mama. I'll let my family know.
Anymouse

Winchester, KY

#49 Apr 14, 2012
Crap wrote:
I helped clean that place after lisa front porch closed down and it was absolutely nasty there is no way our health department should have let them operate. J Lynn see should be ashamed he let that building get in that shape . We had to take a shovel and scrape the grease off the wall I bet the BBQ place spent 10000 dollars on labor and cleaning supplies just to get that place clean , so if it's the same people that worked there before then there is no way I would step foot back in that place. They should be ashamed thru served food out of that kitchen.
Just to let you know,miss-i-know-everything,we spent three long months,everyday cleaning. Know your facts before you open your mouth.
Anymouse

Winchester, KY

#50 Apr 14, 2012
I REALLY appreciate the judgement. I would know this because i am the owner's son.
Pay Attention

Louisa, KY

#51 Apr 16, 2012
worth the risk wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes he does buy SOME things, like pop, from Walmart. Not everything! He couldn't afford to. Trust me, I have worked in the restaurant industry for over ten years, I do know what I am talking about.
No I'm talking about sausages, and stuff, not for home, he even told me it was for the restaurant.
Pay Attention

Louisa, KY

#52 Apr 16, 2012
When wrote:
<quoted text>. You need to pay attention it not that our local restaurants but from browns it's what they buy from there. They buy ore cooked frozen food instead if making it from scratch. Browns sells veggie and fruit and meat from there that are resh not already cooked so u just have to warm it and server. But I guess people from Louisa just warm high priced microwave dinners instead of made from scratch.
You don't know good cooking, sounds like you have neer cooked a meal in your life. Everyone seasons in their own way and restaurants have to be careful not to over season for the general public. Try cooking all day long for a living and see how many times you have to listen or overhear complaints. Maybe not everything they did was perfect. Not everything from Brown's is a reheat situation, many are totally raw, breads and meat, just ready to be cooked.
Jason

United States

#53 Apr 16, 2012
They did open but it was Saturday before they got everything some inside and was able to open. Has anyone eaten there yet?
Jason

United States

#54 Apr 16, 2012
And btw, I see the guy that runs the Chinese buffet at food city buying all kinda food all the time. Evidently he buys a lot of their food there. I'm sure he prefers most of it, like his produce and the rest of the beef, chicken, pork. As a matter fact I know the owners of the produce company that delivers to them. I guess if people don't know the answer to things they just make it up.
tippy

Sharpsburg, KY

#55 Apr 16, 2012
Jason wrote:
And btw, I see the guy that runs the Chinese buffet at food city buying all kinda food all the time. Evidently he buys a lot of their food there. I'm sure he prefers most of it, like his produce and the rest of the beef, chicken, pork. As a matter fact I know the owners of the produce company that delivers to them. I guess if people don't know the answer to things they just make it up.
did u ever see them buying food with food stamps???
Open

North Salem, IN

#56 Apr 16, 2012
Anyone ate there yet?
Smell

Winchester, KY

#57 Apr 16, 2012
I have no complaints about the resturants that have been there its that stinch from the sewar place that gets me, you can't eat with that smell filtering through the air, they the city needs to do something about that sewage over there.
AGREE

United States

#58 Apr 16, 2012
Smell wrote:
I have no complaints about the resturants that have been there its that stinch from the sewar place that gets me, you can't eat with that smell filtering through the air, they the city needs to do something about that sewage over there.
Ain't nothing like eating next to the shitter!!!!!
John

Louisa, KY

#59 Apr 16, 2012
Do they still have the same wobbly tables and chairs and small portions of food?
ex worker

Staffordsville, KY

#60 Apr 16, 2012
i know i use to work at lisa front porch yrs ago and it was nasty in kitchen and i went in bathroom back in kitchen for workers and a mouse ran under door and i always seen them in kitchen,one day they had one ran out front!I'd say very place that goes in there wont last long...look what happen Brads bbq lmfao

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bobbie sue clay 1 hr Kristen j 77
Kandi Adkins. Anyone know her 6 hr shea shea rat 4
any place hiring? 12 hr john 5
What's going in across from Tractor Supply? 15 hr there ya go 22
Prostitutes by SPEEDWAY (Jul '12) Fri shea hore 58
Carrie ann Hayes Fri ben 3
Valero Fri ashley h 8
More from around the web

Louisa People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE