School/Bad Weather Tomorrow

School/Bad Weather Tomorrow

Posted in the Louisa Forum

Jeani

Louisa, KY

#1 Jan 29, 2013
I am keeping my kids home tomorrow because of the high tornado threat.
well

Denver, CO

#2 Jan 30, 2013
The tornado threat went from high to low so you better be up and packing those lunches!
Vicky

Louisa, KY

#3 Jan 30, 2013
No Thanks. I decide if the weather is good enough for my kids to go to school or not, not somebody who doesn't even have kids. Mine stayed home today.
Parents

Saint Albans, WV

#4 Jan 30, 2013
Vicky wrote:
No Thanks. I decide if the weather is good enough for my kids to go to school or not, not somebody who doesn't even have kids. Mine stayed home today.
Kids are probably safer overall at a school building. They are built more sturdy and have better areas for protection than a normal house does.
Vicky

Louisa, KY

#5 Jan 30, 2013
We have a good basement besides the big scare is having them out on a bus in the afternoon, there is no safe place for them then.
well

Denver, CO

#6 Jan 30, 2013
all is safe....and didn't get anything like they predicted. now for the rain and cold weather again
Big Daddy

Chesterfield, MO

#7 Jan 30, 2013
Can you say KNEE JERK. People are looking for any reason to be scared these days. geeezzz
hummm

Pineville, KY

#8 Jan 30, 2013
Parents wrote:
<quoted text>
Kids are probably safer overall at a school building. They are built more sturdy and have better areas for protection than a normal house does.
not in Lawrence co. schools..more like the ceiling falling in from the water.. from what I have head. or fall over a bucket catching the rain water dripping.
Vicky

Louisa, KY

#9 Jan 30, 2013
You are right about the schools in the county, I can only image how much water leaked in today. As far as Big Daddy goes you take care of your family and the rest of us will take care of yours in our own way.
Just wondering

Paintsville, KY

#10 Jan 30, 2013
So, since school got out early today...does anyone know if there is for sure school tomorrow in Lawrence County??
well

Denver, CO

#11 Jan 30, 2013
I do know the water is up big time so I would say a might probably not. But who knows??
resident

Winchester, KY

#12 Jan 30, 2013
school needs to be cancelled for the rest of the week! there will be rain changing to snow overnight with roads freezing/black ice by morning - and then chance for 1-3 inches of snow thursday night into friday morning.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who will be the next sheriff? 14 hr Anti Mark 22
Leslie Jones - wild woman 16 hr Willie Wipeout 2
Look at it. 17 hr Bright Eyes 8
Meagan Robinson 18 hr Superman 3
Lousia medical clinic front desk worker Sat JEB 8
Shoting in louisa Sat Fedup2017 7
Mary Bryant and Jason Black Fri rightallthetime 1

Louisa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance