Lawrence County Football Hall of Fame

Lawrence County Football Hall of Fame

Posted in the Louisa Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
dawgsfootball

Fort Gay, WV

#1 May 4, 2009
let hear your canadates for the hall of fame. there will be a total of 30 open spots. 15 for the offense and 15 for defense. please list weather its offense or defense for the person you choose. also please note that it is for lchs so you can only go back to 1977.
The Pound

South Point, OH

#2 May 4, 2009
Bulldog (Vanhoose). How many of us can think about LCHS football without thinkin about Bulldog!
huggybus02

United States

#3 May 4, 2009
James Bowens-offense, Richard and David Scarberry-Defense, Jeff Isaac-Offense, Gary Fu-Man Chapman-Defense, John Hay-Offense, Marvin Rose-Offense, Tony Ison-Defense,Doug Castle-Defense, Danny Castle-Offense, Jason Michael-Offense, John Fields-Offense, Windy Lemaster-Offense, Nick Meadows-Offense, Travis Hughes-Offense, Phillip Ratliff-Offense

“t("t)”

Since: Apr 09

Louisa

#4 May 4, 2009
Richard and David are my uncles and so I gotta go for them and Bryan Scarberry XD
Where they at

South Point, OH

#5 May 4, 2009
How many players have gone on to play college ball and where did they go? List em for us.
huggybus02

United States

#6 May 5, 2009
Jason Michael -Western Kentucky, Dantae Wright-Miami of Ohio and Gerad Parker -UK. Jared Hostetter-Tennessee
LCHS

Fort Gay, WV

#7 May 5, 2009
Foster Ferguson defense, Shawn Hughes offense, Tater Mckenzie offense, Blake Preece defense, Mike West of 2001 offense, Jason Michael offense, Dontae Wright offense
LCB

Indianapolis, IN

#8 May 5, 2009
Offense:
Jason Micheal, Dontae Wright, Mike West, Nick Meadows, Lee Abshire, Gerad Parker, Tater McKenzie, Stuart Cook, Travis Hughes, Shawn Hughes, Mike McCreary, Eric Cantrell, Webb Roberts, Jim Bob Micheal, Mark Hamilton, Eddie Butler, Drex Short, Alan Short, Bill McKenzie, JR Cook, James Storts, Brian Short, Travis Phelps, Roger Lyons, Jay Childers, Brandon Coldiron.(you would have to narrow down that group).
Defense:
Phill Ratcliff,Jarred Hosstetter, James Jude, Chris Hamilton, Morgan Cyrus, Blake Preece, Kenny Horn, Jason Sexton, Josh Sexton, Shawn Cordle, Howard Adams, Todd Issac, Fred Dean, Darryell Hensley,Mike Frazier, Kyle Barnette.
Just about every one of those guys either made the all state top 2 teams, all state honorable mention team or played college ball.
Nathan

Walbridge, OH

#9 May 5, 2009
Travis Hughes was a force running the ball his brother Shawn was an all- around athlete..could played anywhere on the field.. He was unreal in baseball but gave it up for football.
lcfan

Clarksville, TN

#10 May 8, 2009
jared hostetter, r u serious?? he was freakin horrible... he was jst there 2 put on the uniform
lol

South Point, OH

#11 May 8, 2009
lcfan wrote:
jared hostetter, r u serious?? he was freakin horrible... he was jst there 2 put on the uniform
i agree. what about josh diamond, larry paul thornsbury, brandon coldiron, and those guys. the 1999 team was the last real team to take the field.
DAWGS94

United States

#12 May 8, 2009
Well someone forgot to mention that Phil Ratliff played for Marshall and was the most successful college player. And I cant believe that no one mentioned Lee Abshire. That team beat Breathit Co. who had been unbeaten for several years. That was the best Lawrence County game I ever watched. Lee Abshire scored in the last seconds on the game with a flee flicker play....it was awesome. I would probably say that there was a record crowd at that game also.
ummm

Salyersville, KY

#13 May 9, 2009
wasnt that a hook and latteral against fleming co. that happened years b4 the breathit game?
dawgsfootball

South Point, OH

#14 May 9, 2009
DAWGS94 wrote:
Well someone forgot to mention that Phil Ratliff played for Marshall and was the most successful college player. And I cant believe that no one mentioned Lee Abshire. That team beat Breathit Co. who had been unbeaten for several years. That was the best Lawrence County game I ever watched. Lee Abshire scored in the last seconds on the game with a flee flicker play....it was awesome. I would probably say that there was a record crowd at that game also.
I think somebody has their years confused. That was in 1997. Gerad Parker, Josh Diamond, Alan Short, and those guys were sophmores. Jason Micheal was a senior and Nick Meadows was a junior. You are really confused cuz Lee Abshire graduated years before.
DAWGS94

United States

#15 May 9, 2009
dawgsfootball wrote:
<quoted text>
I think somebody has their years confused. That was in 1997. Gerad Parker, Josh Diamond, Alan Short, and those guys were sophmores. Jason Micheal was a senior and Nick Meadows was a junior. You are really confused cuz Lee Abshire graduated years before.
Dude...I graduated in 1994...I was there watching the game. I also watched Josh and those boys play breathit co. That was a good game but it doesnt compare to the one in 94. It could have been 93...but Lee Abshire played then.
DAWGS94

United States

#16 May 9, 2009
By the way...Lee graduated with me in 94.
female fooball fan

Clarksville, TN

#17 May 9, 2009
dawgsfootball wrote:
let hear your canadates for the hall of fame. there will be a total of 30 open spots. 15 for the offense and 15 for defense. please list weather its offense or defense for the person you choose. also please note that it is for lchs so you can only go back to 1977.
Why 1977? Need to go back in years the good old days!!!My dad played years ago,people say he was damn good.I will have to see what years he played,he died almost 5 years ago.He would have been 58 this year,so what ever that adds up to.
someone

United States

#18 May 18, 2009
vote for meeeeeeee
louisa

Anderson, SC

#19 May 18, 2009
the class of 08 09 they won undefeated 6&8th grade years ovc 1 turfbowl 1 then had no coaches
Michael West

Salyersville, KY

#20 May 18, 2009
the only people in there now are the cook brothers, alan short jason michaels and phil ratliff

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shane Hackney 6 hr Bitch 3
Arthur Stevens 8 hr hhhmmm 5
Here is the official UNITE task force Lawrence ... (Oct '09) 13 hr dial 7
Dustin powers 18 hr imo 6
Coalfield lumber , Inez Ky Sun bob 2
Lawrence County Sports Sun wondering 3
Big Blue Auto Security Guard Sat gosh 16

Louisa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Louisa Mortgages