Top 5 percent funny

Fort Gay, WV

#41 Sep 3, 2011
Martha MaMa wrote:
Why when Garnett Skaggs and Kay Ison were the testing tag team at Blaine, Blaine was in the top 5 percent of the schools in the state. How'd y'all manage that? Just ask the kids, they're adults now, Here's a hint, Toni Armstrong was their principal, she cheated and got promoted.
This has to be lies Blaine has never been in the top 5 percent of anything except for growing weed.
Martha Mama

Stanford, KY

#42 Sep 3, 2011
Top 5 percent funny wrote:
<quoted text>This has to be lies Blaine has never been in the top 5 percent of anything except for growing weed.
That's my point but they were at one time. Can we say erase and replace boys and girls? Maybe you should look at this answer boys and girls.
Blaine boy

Fort Gay, WV

#43 Sep 3, 2011
Martha Mama wrote:
<quoted text>
That's my point but they were at one time. Can we say erase and replace boys and girls? Maybe you should look at this answer boys and girls.
i live in Blaine and whoever you are i bet i went to school with you because it is the truth those old ladies cheated to get that bonus money. they would do anything to get a dime. they set up yard sales all of the time during school days sue at the drop of a hat. i hope she don't come up here campaigning if my dog looks at her crosseyed she will sue me. i have never trusted them even when i went to church with them no one does. but they can be friendly well one of them can be.
Retire already

Fort Gay, WV

#44 Sep 3, 2011
Blaine boy wrote:
<quoted text>
i live in Blaine and whoever you are i bet i went to school with you because it is the truth those old ladies cheated to get that bonus money. they would do anything to get a dime. they set up yard sales all of the time during school days sue at the drop of a hat. i hope she don't come up here campaigning if my dog looks at her crosseyed she will sue me. i have never trusted them even when i went to church with them no one does. but they can be friendly well one of them can be.
Why are we still talking about these people they should retire already. Those two teachers have to be at least 75 years old and Mrs.Armstrong has to be at least 65 they need to step aside and give somebody with some brains and a heart a chance. Gee Whiz.
concerned

Louisa, KY

#45 Sep 11, 2011
Working Woman wrote:
In my job I'd I had been as dishonest or stupid as Toni Armstrong or Cassandra Webb, I would have been fired, not promoted. Hey, all you whiney teachers, all you need to do is mess up bad enough to get promoted to the central office. Cheat and mishandled money, some day you'll go far.
I know Toni had cheated and messed up pretty bad, but Cassandra Webb. Tell me what you have against her. She is a good hearted woman who loves the kids in this county.
Dawg

Stanford, KY

#46 Sep 11, 2011
Cassandra Webb was brought up on charges before the EPSB for misappropriation of money when she was principal of the high school. Joey Cecil took the bullet for her. Cassandra is now a member of the EPSB as a teacher member, she has not been a teacher for years. It's just the same thing over and over in this county.
Doc Holliday

Stanford, KY

#47 Sep 11, 2011
Lest we forget...

The score of Louisa Elementary School soared to 59.7 in 1996 from 43.2 in 1994, making it one of the state's highest-ranked elementary schools. But in April, the state launched an inquiry after several Louisa teachers alleged some of their colleagues had cheated, including helping pupils with portfolio essays. Student "abilities were not reflective of what their portfolio scores indicated," one of the teachers, Barbara Kitchen, later said in a sworn statement filed with state investigators.

The investigation found that four teachers had violated rules by typing student portfolios, and that the school's former principal, Toni Armstrong, had sent a newsletter to parents last spring asking them to help prepare their children's portfolios. "Your help with editing, revising, or typing this portion of student assessment is greatly appreciated," the newsletter said, according to a state report. Students aren't supposed to receive such aid.

The state also found that someone at the school had copied some essays from student tests. The copies were discovered by a janitor in a classroom the following school year, raising the question of whether they had been used as teaching materials. The school denied such use. Other allegations that teachers had coached students on test questions in advance weren't confirmed by the inquiry.

In July, the state lowered Louisa's test and portfolio scores for the past two years and said it may demand return of $112,037 in reward money. School officials declined to comment. So did Ms. Armstrong, who recently was promoted to oversee curriculum and testing for all of the district's elementary schools.

Screw up bad enough in Lawrence County and you get promoted and your husband gets to be Superintendent. Only in Lawrence County and it looks like the state does not care and never has.
Meagan

United States

#48 Sep 12, 2011
Doc Holliday wrote:
Lest we forget...
The score of Louisa Elementary School soared to 59.7 in 1996 from 43.2 in 1994, making it one of the state's highest-ranked elementary schools. But in April, the state launched an inquiry after several Louisa teachers alleged some of their colleagues had cheated, including helping pupils with portfolio essays. Student "abilities were not reflective of what their portfolio scores indicated," one of the teachers, Barbara Kitchen, later said in a sworn statement filed with state investigators.
The investigation found that four teachers had violated rules by typing student portfolios, and that the school's former principal, Toni Armstrong, had sent a newsletter to parents last spring asking them to help prepare their children's portfolios. "Your help with editing, revising, or typing this portion of student assessment is greatly appreciated," the newsletter said, according to a state report. Students aren't supposed to receive such aid.
The state also found that someone at the school had copied some essays from student tests. The copies were discovered by a janitor in a classroom the following school year, raising the question of whether they had been used as teaching materials. The school denied such use. Other allegations that teachers had coached students on test questions in advance weren't confirmed by the inquiry.
In July, the state lowered Louisa's test and portfolio scores for the past two years and said it may demand return of $112,037 in reward money. School officials declined to comment. So did Ms. Armstrong, who recently was promoted to oversee curriculum and testing for all of the district's elementary schools.
Screw up bad enough in Lawrence County and you get promoted and your husband gets to be Superintendent. Only in Lawrence County and it looks like the state does not care and never has.
I agree with you...only in Lawrence Co.No one has the answer to your last question if they do the cowards wouldn't tell. Not going to mention her name but R.G.W. is the only one to stand up to them, she was a wonderful teacher and caring person SHE cared and stood up for the kids..and PEOPLE that is what it should be about is the KIDS.
Also does the Central Office pay TIM SOUTHERN to do what. take his women friends and their families out to eat at the tax payers expense..WHAT DOES HE DO?????
barney fyffe

Stanford, KY

#49 Sep 12, 2011
Also does the Central Office pay TIM SOUTHERN to do what. take his women friends and their families out to eat at the tax payers expense..WHAT DOES HE DO?????
No. The teacher's association, KEA, pays him to do that. I wonder how they feel about him being party to the classified workers' contract being nullified? Someone should ask KEA how they feel about one of their reps calling a negotiated contract unnecessary just because there is a different butt in the bosses chair. Just read the Levisa Lazer, he reported it and quoted Tim.
Old Bulldog

Louisa, KY

#50 Sep 13, 2011
Disgusted wrote:
Sometimes it just makes you feel better to get things off your chest and if you feel the same way post your concerns on this thread. My family and I are very upset with the way things are done in this county. It seems to me what little time I have been here that there seems to be a total disregard for student and parent rights. What is up with a Superintentdent that wants our kids to walk 10 blocks to catch the bus. I think he is living in the stone age if he thinks our kids are safe on the streets in Louisa. Wake up Mr. Armstrong we have drug users, prostitute houses, child molesters, the list goes on and on in this town, obviously you do not live in town and could care less about our plight. When your contract is up, I am telling my board member that I do not want an out of touch leader leading my children's school. You do not support us therefore I do not support you. Hopefully the board member I will be telling will be one that is not in your back pocket Mr. Armstrong. I am sick of the politics being played in this county at the detriment of our children.
Good luck with a board member that is not in MAA's back pocket. Everyone on the board at the moment is in the same club. They skeemed and lied to get there so they could have "THEIR" way. Which of course everyone MUST realize it the "RIGHT" way.
Old Bulldog

Louisa, KY

#51 Sep 13, 2011
Retire already wrote:
<quoted text>Why are we still talking about these people they should retire already. Those two teachers have to be at least 75 years old and Mrs.Armstrong has to be at least 65 they need to step aside and give somebody with some brains and a heart a chance. Gee Whiz.
Yes, Skaggs is retired, but got on the board because NO ONE else from Blaine wanted to get in the mess the board has become. Ison is ready to retire anytime but remember one taught the other how to do things. Armstrong is already retired from two different jobs, even worked overseas for a while, now working on getting a nother retirement because certain people in the community pushed to get "A different,LOCAL superindent"
Last of LHS

Louisa, KY

#52 Sep 13, 2011
Truth wrote:
I don't know about your local politics, but the way some school districts in other states have done is to only hire people out of the state that are no relationship to anyone in the district. That makes for an efficient and honest way to run things.
Just a thought.
Tried that remember with the previous superindent and he was accused of only hiring his friends. True we have some good teachers from Law. but the good ones from other places are often made to feel unwelcome so they move on to other jobs.
Last of LHS

Louisa, KY

#53 Sep 13, 2011
barney fyffe wrote:
<quoted text>
No. The teacher's association, KEA, pays him to do that. I wonder how they feel about him being party to the classified workers' contract being nullified? Someone should ask KEA how they feel about one of their reps calling a negotiated contract unnecessary just because there is a different butt in the bosses chair. Just read the Levisa Lazer, he reported it and quoted Tim.
I've actually talked to KEA, Southern is part of them in KESPA and the ones that work with him, are not fooled and don't care for him, but as usual the powers that be are not in the loop.
Been around awhile

Louisa, KY

#54 Sep 13, 2011
DawgGoneIt wrote:
The big problem is, the present board would have hired his cheating wife as superintendent if they could have. Since they couldn't they put in her puppet instead. Wake up Lawrence County or just grin and bear it. Elect board members that care about the children not their cheating friends. If you vote for ANY person presently on the board, you are supporting the ridiculous decisions that are being made.
AMEN, you don't how true this is. They are more concerned with it looking good on paper. Yes he walks around the buildings daily, but it's so no one makes him look bad. He's been aound the ed worls so long, he knows how to do it. They are concerned with what reflects on them and paying back those that helped them get where they are. They do repay !!
Been around awhile

Louisa, KY

#55 Sep 13, 2011
give up wrote:
jealousy. ppl need to lay off the current board. they r doing the best they can. they have done a good job.
Sorry, but you don't know what you are talking about. The administration currently is more concerned in making themselves look good. They are meeting the teachers and staff to death. Why should one person be involved in at least 3 hour long meetings a week instead of in the classroom teaching or planning for teaching. If it's not broke dont' fix it to satisfy a board member.
Watching

Louisa, KY

#56 Sep 13, 2011
A mad taxpayer wrote:
I agree with the maker of this thread. There is only one way to improve the Lawrence Co school system and that is to get rid of the people that has been running or I should say ruining it for the past 20 years. It all started and has continued with the 3 Musketeers Michaels, May and now Mike. They were and are all for one, themselves. We will not see improvements until their influences have dried up. I suggest all new board members.
I have been around through all three, and I agree, until certain influences dry up, it won't get better. One told everyone what they wanted to hear, the next didn't know enough about this county to be effective but tried, now this one has head in the clouds and thinks his **** doesn't stink.
funny

Fort Gay, WV

#57 Sep 17, 2011
Watching wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been around through all three, and I agree, until certain influences dry up, it won't get better. One told everyone what they wanted to hear, the next didn't know enough about this county to be effective but tried, now this one has head in the clouds and thinks his **** doesn't stink.
interesting
Upset mom

Fort Gay, WV

#58 Sep 17, 2011
My kids are stressed in this system.
To upset mom

Fort Gay, WV

#59 Sep 21, 2011
Upset mom wrote:
My kids are stressed in this system.
I totally agree with you. My kid is taking a test every two or three days her stomach is in knots and I am ready to send her to ft gay.
why not

Fort Gay, WV

#60 Oct 15, 2011
most of the people that works in the system takes their kids different places. central office workers and one sent hers to paintsville. board members send theirs to flat gap. they should not be paid with lawrence county tax dollars. it is just wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wet Dry Vote....Should Louisa/Lawrence Co go wet? (Nov '10) 2 hr soso 37
Billy Sunday Signs 2 hr Dempsey 10
Repugnicons 3 hr Chubacabra 1
Edgar purdum 5 hr Earl Hatfield 6
does anyone know of a diet dr? 14 hr all about that base 5
Trashy Priscilla Marcum Thu chuck m 2
thinking about moving here Thu mee 1
Louisa Dating
Find my Match

Louisa People Search