It's about time Louisa!!!

It's about time Louisa!!!

Posted in the Louisa Forum

SID

Pasadena, MD

#1 Jul 9, 2007
Finally a Wal-Mart in Louisa! I never thought Iíd live to see the day when those people who have been controlling Louisa for so long would loose control! It really gives me a ray of hope for the people in Louisa and Lawrence County! Because of Jim Booth there will be many, many more business opportunities there! Louisa has a lot of room for gorwth and I hope he runs those people,(and you know who Iím talking about) out of town! He was going to build a Wal-Mart there back in 1998 but those somebodyís stopped him by forcing him to have to pay for all the sanitary, water lines, etc. That stopped him dead in the water! Paintsville and all the other surrounding towns have grown in the past thirty or so years but not Louisa! Sign still says "Louisa Population 2000" is all I can ever remember the sign saying for the over 45 years that I've known. Louisa stayed the same for such a long, long time and all we could do is watch everything grow and prosper around us! Now finally someone with the resources is starting to take advantage of the strategic location for business growth Louisa has always had to offer! I know that Mr. Booth is in it for the money and thatís whatís so great about it! The money he will be making will be generated by the business he has started in Lawrence County! Why someone else didnít try this long ago Iíll never understand although people probably have but were stopped by those in Louisa who didnít want any growth like that in their town. Well now for the reality check! Louisa isnít yours and it never was! Itís the people who live there and itís what they want! Thank you Jim Booth for what ever your motivations are! I hope you make tons of money from this business venture!
colleen

AOL

#2 Sep 26, 2007
yesd,its about time for a walmart in louisa,it has been build across the hill where i was raised! my sister and brother still lives in louisa.the walmart has brought a lot of jobs in louisa.
curious to colleen

United States

#3 Sep 11, 2008
Are you the avon lady?
Stan

Huntington, WV

#4 Sep 18, 2008
I guess that someone from Dayton, OH thinks that putting a branch of the chinese embassy puts Louisa on the map. Actually we have been doing fine here. Many enjoyed travelling to Ashland and making a day of shopping and eating out part of their lifestyle. Louisa is basically a bedroom suburb of the metro tristate. Their are many who commute daily there.
If you would return more often you would find out that the zip code of Louisa includes about 7000 citizens, most opting out of proposed annexation because of higher city taxes. Lawrence county has grown percentage-wise more than surrounding counties.
The reason the project was delayed was because the developer was waiting for state funded utilites to be built along US 23. I am sure it saved him significant funds by waiting a few years and letting his land "settle." The project at the lower end of town encompassing McDonalds and Exxon was funded by the developers themselves. They built the sewage and water lines and then turned those lines over to the city.
Developement of more businesses are coming albeit slowly. Many major chains have looked at the economics of building near Louisa and have traditionally passed, not because of anyone that I know of blocking them, but because our average income levels did not make those developements look rewarding enough to them. The progress of tourism due to the lake and the access of property developed by Mr. Booth has improved these elements. It has taken someone like him, who has the money to do this for things to be done.
I hope that his development does not make a ghost town of such a quaint city. There are fewer businesses downtown and I fear more will expire. Maybe if you would move back here from Dayton, you can help our city grow.
Outta hereCalifornia

Santa Paula, CA

#5 Feb 1, 2009
I am 46 years old.Been going to Louisa since I was a toddler.Finally moved to Louisa in 1977.Moved away in 1980 and joined the military.Good move.Louisa has been and always will be a corrupt pot hole of a town.NOTHING changed except the names on some store fronts.I went to high school with Bobby Joe Workman and drank and smoked marijuana with him AND Garret Roberts.Try and deny it fellas but it is true.Watched the whole Leonard Adams thing go down.Watched Dave Johnson walk for burning your town halfway down,thanks to Dan Jack Combs.I bet Judge Sparks remembers that...he was a prosecutor at the time.Charley Curnutte quite the State Police force because of the corruption.He was a good cop,too.Wanna talk about Ray Williams?Jake Jordan?I could go on and on.Your town IS a cesspoole and no future exists for the young people.Hell,you dont even have a theatre for movies or a bowling alley.You got nothing.I remember when Mrs.Caines closed the movie house downtown.Nothing took its place.Nothing will.Tell me I dont know what Im talking about!
Shelly

Louisa, KY

#6 Feb 1, 2009
Outta hereCalifornia wrote:
I am 46 years old.Been going to Louisa since I was a toddler.Finally moved to Louisa in 1977.Moved away in 1980 and joined the military.Good move.Louisa has been and always will be a corrupt pot hole of a town.NOTHING changed except the names on some store fronts.I went to high school with Bobby Joe Workman and drank and smoked marijuana with him AND Garret Roberts.Try and deny it fellas but it is true.Watched the whole Leonard Adams thing go down.Watched Dave Johnson walk for burning your town halfway down,thanks to Dan Jack Combs.I bet Judge Sparks remembers that...he was a prosecutor at the time.Charley Curnutte quite the State Police force because of the corruption.He was a good cop,too.Wanna talk about Ray Williams?Jake Jordan?I could go on and on.Your town IS a cesspoole and no future exists for the young people.Hell,you dont even have a theatre for movies or a bowling alley.You got nothing.I remember when Mrs.Caines closed the movie house downtown.Nothing took its place.Nothing will.Tell me I dont know what Im talking about!
Good for you...So now leave our town alone...You should have plenty of things to keep you occupied since there is so much to do in CA. But i guess bad mouthing our locals is all you can afford to do since the cost of living is so high over there. And as far as our town being a cess pool...Well I am sure CA. is a much better place to live. Just dont leave the house without you gun. Drugs are everywhere where do you think our little town gets most of their supply. From the bigger cities in CA, FL, and MI... Congrats on your choice....
Left Louisa-Ft Gay

Williston, ND

#7 Feb 1, 2009
Shelly wrote:
<quoted text>
Good for you...So now leave our town alone...You should have plenty of things to keep you occupied since there is so much to do in CA. But i guess bad mouthing our locals is all you can afford to do since the cost of living is so high over there. And as far as our town being a cess pool...Well I am sure CA. is a much better place to live. Just dont leave the house without you gun. Drugs are everywhere where do you think our little town gets most of their supply. From the bigger cities in CA, FL, and MI... Congrats on your choice....
Funny, in your post you didn't have anything good to say about your town. So tell me, what is so good about Louisa? Most people who leave there are glad they've left and I am one of them.
Shelly

Louisa, KY

#8 Feb 1, 2009
Left Louisa-Ft Gay wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny, in your post you didn't have anything good to say about your town. So tell me, what is so good about Louisa? Most people who leave there are glad they've left and I am one of them.
Well I think there is a lot of positive things about our town. Its small so you know just about everyone. This makes it more comfortable to raise children in. It has everything i need to be happy. I do not need bars, malls, or anything like that. We have all we need and if not we can travle 30 min. in any direction to get it. Sure it would be nice to have a little more for the kids but the people with the money have to make that happen..Until then I think we will survive. I mean its not like its a cave up some hollow some where. We have alot more than some towns.
Outta hereCalifornia

Santa Paula, CA

#9 Feb 2, 2009
Like I said Shelly....you proved it.Sure,it would be nice to have something for the kids.That is a quote from your spew hole.I KNOW THE TOWN!You understand?I GREW UP THERE!!!IT HAS NOT CHANGED.It is full of dopeheads,ask Roger "THE NARC" Salyers.He and his cop buddies know alot of them.You are very uninformed when it comes to Louisa and yes..I think you do live in a cave.Now excuse me Im off to DisneyLand,then the drug infested beautiful beach we send all our dope to Louisa from.Enjoy your little town...and do stay!!
To California

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#10 Feb 2, 2009
God forbid Garrett has ever drank or smoked anything - if he hasn't he would be about the only person who hasn't. Half them people you are so concerned with are dead, retired, or don't work here anymore so what does it matter. If you don't like Louisa stay gone - if the people here don't like it then leave - otherwise don't worry about it.
Law Co

Wittensville, KY

#11 Feb 2, 2009
Our little town is getting better and it started when you moved away THANK YOU!!!
Left Louisa-Ft Gay

Williston, ND

#12 Feb 2, 2009
Shelly wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I think there is a lot of positive things about our town. Its small so you know just about everyone. This makes it more comfortable to raise children in. It has everything i need to be happy. I do not need bars, malls, or anything like that. We have all we need and if not we can travle 30 min. in any direction to get it. Sure it would be nice to have a little more for the kids but the people with the money have to make that happen..Until then I think we will survive. I mean its not like its a cave up some hollow some where. We have alot more than some towns.
Thanks for your post Shelly. I like how you described Louisa to me without nasty little comments like some people did on here. I lived in Louisa most my life,I went to school there, and I still have family and friends there. I'm not saying Louisa is all bad, I found things I liked there too, just not alot of reasons to stay there. I left to live my life with someone else and like it better where I am now, and I've lived alot of different places since leaving Louisa. I'm pretty sure I probably went to school with Mr. CA, and alot of his comments are true but some of his opinions are rude. Thank you for being civil when you replied to my post.
Shelly

Louisa, KY

#13 Feb 2, 2009
Left Louisa-Ft Gay wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for your post Shelly. I like how you described Louisa to me without nasty little comments like some people did on here. I lived in Louisa most my life,I went to school there, and I still have family and friends there. I'm not saying Louisa is all bad, I found things I liked there too, just not alot of reasons to stay there. I left to live my life with someone else and like it better where I am now, and I've lived alot of different places since leaving Louisa. I'm pretty sure I probably went to school with Mr. CA, and alot of his comments are true but some of his opinions are rude. Thank you for being civil when you replied to my post.
You are very welcome. Louisa is not for everyone. And sure there is not alot of FUN things for the kids to do. But I found tons of stuff to keep my kids busy that dont envolve a beach, bar or mall. Like Football, baseball, church, 4-h, and volunteering for different organizations. Yes this probably sounds boring at first but if your kids start young they tend to enjoy it alot more than shopping at some mall, or lying on a beach all day...In fact it is much more fulfilling and a lot less materialistic. They also tend to make better grades in school and have more friends. My kids do fine in Louisa. Agian you are welcome..:)
Left Louisa-Ft Gay

Williston, ND

#14 Feb 2, 2009
I know all about Louisa, like I said I lived there for years and was content for a while. Where I live now we don't have malls or beaches and it is a good place to raise kids too. I think it is comparable to Louisa, a little bigger though. I raised some of my kids in the Louisa/Fort Gay area, the rest are being raised here. They range in age from 27 to 3 years old. And trust me, I know all about Louisa, good and bad, been there done that and moved on. One bad thing about Louisa is that it doesn't have good higher paying jobs. It's mostly made up of fast food and gas stations, and now your Super small Walmart. I've been back there twice in the last three months to take care of some business and am very glad to be back home. As long as you can keep your kids free of the drug scene there you will probably do well. If you'd ever like to talk outside of this forum, you can message me on yahoo messenger as blossomrock41230. Funny, I didn't leave all of Louisa behind....lol.
Outta hereCalifornia

Santa Paula, CA

#15 Feb 3, 2009
I found this site by accident....I only checked it out because my Mom lives in Louisa.I wont be posting anymore after this as I have a life!I feel I have made my point extremely well.Hey,Scottstown,Oh..Im glad they are all dead.Isnt that a good start to fixing things?Besides,I cant take all of the errors in spelling and such on this site.A reflection of the school system I suppose.Reply if you wish but I wont be reading it.By the way,how do all you prejudiced bigots like your new President???Take that with your snuff and choke on it!I love it!!!
Law Co

Wittensville, KY

#16 Feb 3, 2009
To OUTTA you are sitting there reading this right now. And by the way we like the President just fine, I think right now good O Kentucky is better off than your sweet California last I saw on the news YOUR BROKE! If you have such a great life why did you even post to start with? To make a comment "glad they are all dead" will come back to haunt you someday. Stay where you are at we sure are glad you left Ky 1 less looser to munch off us here. Have a good day!
sassy

United States

#17 Feb 3, 2009
I find it ironic that Ca. thanks Shellie for being nice but he/she is so cruel and mean. Just shows that you didn`t stick around too long to learn respect as the rest that live here. Drugs is everywhere but people change. You even said you did them. Did you change? Strain at a knat and swallow a camel.
Law Co

Wittensville, KY

#18 Feb 3, 2009
sassy wrote:
I find it ironic that Ca. thanks Shellie for being nice but he/she is so cruel and mean. Just shows that you didn`t stick around too long to learn respect as the rest that live here. Drugs is everywhere but people change. You even said you did them. Did you change? Strain at a knat and swallow a camel.
WELL SAID!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who will be the next sheriff? 6 hr PlentyOFish 30
Shoting in louisa 8 hr Promise 8
Pole Homeschool? (Aug '15) 10 hr Someone 13
Jessica gilliam (Sep '15) Mon Jessica gilliam l... 4
Leslie Jones - wild woman Sun Willie Wipeout 3
Look at it. Aug 19 Bright Eyes 8
Meagan Robinson Aug 19 Superman 3

Louisa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance