WCHS-8 weather team in an snarky, neg...

WCHS-8 weather team in an snarky, negative online feud with WSAZ-3 weather team

Posted in the Louisa Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
problem in TV land

Winchester, KY

#2 Jan 29, 2011
I THINK THAT CHRIS AND THIS OTHER GUY NEEDS TO GET TOGETHER TO SLUG IT OUT!!! MAKE SOME MONEY OFF THIS DUAL!!!
warm wedgie

Charleston, WV

#3 Jan 29, 2011
Chris Bailey is so full of himself! He is the one who insults all of his fellow weather peers. He is a hot mess!
wow

Saint Albans, WV

#4 Jan 29, 2011
I can't find a blog for wchs weather, not like wsaz. Mr. Baily is a showboater and his hype draws viewers. I can't see Tony getting in on this. Bailey loves the praises he gets while he puts down the NWS and other agencies. He really just needs to read the weather. Guys neither of these TV weathermen are making their own forecast. They want you to think they are. What they're doing is interpreting the info from the gov. acgency.
Does Bailey have his own satellite to give him all this data? He not only forecasts on his blog then gives personal comments about the NWS that is not necessary. These NWS men and women are just doing their job. They're not perfect. They're never praised for a perfect forecast but sure do take the grief when they've missed it.
Sam I Am

Saint Albans, WV

#5 Jan 29, 2011
I was just told about this topix. Go getem wchs.
Sam I Am

Saint Albans, WV

#6 Jan 29, 2011
From Bailey's blog:
So I see by some of your comments another station's blog is taking a shot at us? Haha... that's funny. Perhaps they should be more concerned about finding viewers than what we are doing over here. Why are they even reading my blog? I sure don't read any other station's blogs. Some people will do anything for attention... add desperation into the mix and it's never a good thing. We have never talked about another station on this blog.. period. I could honestly care less what they are doing or forecasting as it does not impact what we do.
Amanda

Kinston, NC

#7 Jan 29, 2011
Chris Bailey was so wrong with this past storm! He waaaaay over-hyped it.
Christian Jackson

Saint Albans, WV

#8 Jan 29, 2011
Perhaps Chris should spend less time cultivating viewers and more time getting the forecast right.
Bradford

United States

#9 Jan 29, 2011
I agree this guy gives off a real douchie vibe. See ya later wsaz. Hello wchs.
mary

Saint Albans, WV

#10 Jan 29, 2011
Bradford wrote:
I agree this guy gives off a real douchie vibe. See ya later wsaz. Hello wchs.
Amen brother a real nozzle.
Sam I Am

Saint Albans, WV

#11 Jan 29, 2011
Please tell me where to read these snarky comments about wsaz. I can't find anything written on wchs. No one seems to have a blog.
Sam I Am

Saint Albans, WV

#12 Jan 29, 2011
Chris Bailey's Blog: On a side note... the rude comments will not continue on this blog. We have many children who read this blog on a daily basis and I am going to crack down on those of you who leave nasty and uncalled for remarks. This also goes for those people who come here and log in under several different names just to cause issues. I will be banning people who do this and once you are banned... you will no longer be allowed to comment on any story on wsaz.com . It's your choice my friends.
Can no one question him or differ with his weather. He sure can dish it out for the others. Now to start on WChs is uncalled for.
How can he ban people? Let's get together and ban listening to his rants from 5 to 6pm.
Bring Tony in from the snow. I want Tony back in HTN.
Ya Know

Paintsville, KY

#13 Jan 29, 2011
The weather can change as fast as they post it,hard to say one day they say snow then next it will be rain,I Myself watch more of channel 3 News than any other,I don't think we can blame any of the weather teams for messing up cause the weather will always change,so what they are saying is coming this week may change by then.....Some people need grow up and have some sense.
Sam I Am

Saint Albans, WV

#14 Jan 29, 2011
Ya Know wrote:
The weather can change as fast as they post it,hard to say one day they say snow then next it will be rain,I Myself watch more of channel 3 News than any other,I don't think we can blame any of the weather teams for messing up cause the weather will always change,so what they are saying is coming this week may change by then.....Some people need grow up and have some sense.
Amen to that
Geez

United States

#16 Jan 30, 2011
I agree! Bailey needs to get it together and stop bad mouthing others and over hyping storms. Every storm isn't major! The last major widespread snow was the blizzard of 1996 here in Huntington.
anne

Elkview, WV

#17 Jan 30, 2011
CHRIS BAILEY THREATENS TO BAN SOMEONE FROM ANY COMMENTING ON WSAZ CONTENT? DOES HE HAVE A GOD COMPLEX OR WHAT? Please WSAZ-bring that egomaniac down a notch or two! He is driving me away from your station altogether! Its the weather, people, seriously take back some of his web posting time!
Jason

United States

#18 Jan 30, 2011
For real! He's so annoying to look at too with his double chins. I say get rid of Bailey all together!
where

Salyersville, KY

#19 Jan 30, 2011
Where did WCHS say anything about WSAZ?
goodguy

Elkview, WV

#20 Jan 30, 2011
Chris has BACKED DOWN! Maybe he is catching on! He is only calling for rain on this next BIG EVENT he had previously HYPED! Lets hope his superiors read him the riot act. Here is to hoping it snows like a mother though!
Sam I Am

Saint Albans, WV

#21 Jan 30, 2011
where wrote:
Where did WCHS say anything about WSAZ?
That's what I keep asking but no answers. If anyone can post a link I want to see it in print
St Albans

Saint Albans, WV

#22 Jan 30, 2011
Listen up WSAZ if you're reading this you need to stop it before this affects your ratings. This is not a good was to get viewers. CB turned our family off last year. He is a "primo uomo". One weather repoter should not demand center stage. Keep him just reporting the weather. Thank you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brandon pack 2 hr Connorpack 3
oil well on Irish Creek (Dec '13) 4 hr tanker yanker 24
Keith Penix 9 hr fact 2
Did Bobby Davis really die? (Oct '15) Sat Heartbroken 30
Terri Compton Sat Sid 2
Southern Spoon Restaurant reviews Sat Cathy Sue 85
married men visiting the old car wash on tulsa ... (Jan '10) Feb 18 Yep 68

Louisa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance