medical provider

Chesterfield, MO

#45 May 17, 2012
I want to start out saying I am not a patient or employee of Dr.Edens but I do know him and his practice very well..And he does not deserve this judgement. He odes not get these mothers hooked on drugs and after three years of having to fly 90% of these babies born at TRMC to the NICU somewhere else he started looking for a solution..The best on he could come up with was the suboxone and a lot of us thought you are crazy but now we may have on a month that has to be flown out and most of the time it's not for withdraw symptoms. So I think instead of bashing him or any of these Drs. you really shoulds get the facts straight.. I can tell you there is a lot of Drs. in Louisa that are looked at highly in the community and they are pushing drugs not even caring enough to do pill counts drug testing or anything. Dr.Edens runs a very strick program of weekly visits and random counts and testing not only at your visit each week but the days during the week.. Getting started he may have made a few errors in judgement but those were fixed quickly and I can assure you he is on of the few Drs. that still uphold the hipicratic oath and not just the all mighty dollar. so please get off your high horses and get involved in helping these "junkies" get on the right path because honestly everyone sit back and complains about the epidemic but no one will do anything to help thqe situation or give our children a reason to take a higher road.. Instead of wasting this time and energy downing people for what they do or don't do put it to good use and start a disscusion on how we can stop this and how we can create a better place for our community and most importantly our children....if that's not appealing enough then if there is something you don't like no matter what it is-drinkin-smoking-drugs-unmar ried sex-adaultry etc.. then how bout just don't do it and leave the judging up to god where it belongs
Haha

United States

#46 May 17, 2012
Yea I went by there today and he had a line of nasty prego women outside waiting on there drugs all of that was so gross looking and out there smoking really?? What trash poor poor babies
barbie

Macon, GA

#47 May 20, 2012
if he is such a good man, then why is he going on trial this week at louisa to clear his name???
Someone

United States

#48 May 20, 2012
Ha I seen that. What do you all think of your great doctor now??
Yup

South Point, OH

#49 May 20, 2012
That man has been sued so much I don't know how he still has a office
ann

Winchester, KY

#50 May 20, 2012
barbie wrote:
if he is such a good man, then why is he going on trial this week at louisa to clear his name???
Because he treats some pts that would sue thier own mother for a $1.00
Anonymous

Louisa, KY

#51 May 20, 2012
Excuse me, but, you need to have more info before judging. I am a nurse, never been a junky. I went to Dr. Eden. My "junkie" sister, whom Iam not proud of, went to him at my recommendation. He helped her to have a healthy baby that isn't drug addicted. Then of course she went on with her life and Mom has her baby.
Enabler wrote:
Sounds like a classic enabler to me. Wake up and smell the coffee, most of these doctors start off okay then get greedy, they realize that there are not enough privately insured people here to support them so they start doing the medicade thing and they have to do so many to make anything off that until they pack them in anyway they can. Medicare is a steady payee as well but they pay so little on a office visit that it is not sustaning like medicade(state). Your medicade is younger women and men and they have all the time in the world to set and stand around a doctors office all day for their pills. If these doctors were deprived of the ability to prescribe mood altering/pain pills they would go out of business in two months. Every upper class informed person in lawrence county goes out of town to the doctors, they won't mess with this lot of half wits here, they prey on the ignorant and drug seekers.
who cares

United States

#52 Jun 1, 2012
I'm a patient of his and I think he is a very good doc...he honeStly cares about his patients and the suboxone is a life saver for anyone who has ever been addicitied...what the fuck do u all lknow anyway you all just mad cause you can't get it..you do weekly visits , drug screens every week and counsling... NO body knows shit about anything unless you have been in someone elses shoes ..I know that I have made better of myself and took the right road UNlike your nasty asses who judge someone for getting help its people like you all who fuck up shit for everybody else....bunch of stupid ass bitches get a life ..sad thing is your prob on drugs or someone close to u is and you couldn't get in his program
crazyy

South Point, OH

#53 Jun 2, 2012
To the person who goes by the name of "who cares", you are a pathetic human being. I find anyone that has to take suboxone trash. The reason behind my logic, is no decent or good person would get hooked on drugs to began with. And absolutely one thing that I can not stand, is seeing these pregnant women smoking, and getting suboxone. Seriously, if you're going to do drugs, than use freakin rubber or birth control. Suboxone is dangerous, it can cause still births, miscarriages, and most of the time the baby has to be winged off of it. How could any mother in their right mind want to put an innocent baby through that. I feel sorry for all of the babies that are born to these piece of crap mothers, bless their hearts. To the women out there doing drugs, if you're going to get knocked up, and spread your big nasty legs, use PROTECTION. These nasty women around here don't care about their babies or they would use protection in the first place and prevent getting pregnant. I hope Dr.Edens gets his office shut down and his license revoked. Suboxone is just a drug that is substituted for another drug. Dr. Edens is nasty, and the man has so many lawsuits against him, I would not trust him with my dog, must less my child's life. Look him up on lavisa lazer, or google, look at the charges and law suits against him. He is currently in a lawsuit because he killed a woman. And he also just recently got in trouble for writing himself and his family members pills. Who would want that for their doctor?????????? Scarrrrry if you ask me, he is a joke. Here is one link to the lavisa lazer that talks about the death,
http://www.thelevisalazer.com/index.php... .

http://www.healthgrades.com/media/english/pdf...

Check those links at, and if you go to him, I hope you survive, he is dangerous and knife happy. Plus, he is nasty and probably has all kinds of diseases, eww.

There are also more links, and more cases, I will post those soon.
Seriously, if you care about your child, stay away from this clown.
Well

Fort Gay, WV

#54 Jun 2, 2012
who cares wrote:
I'm a patient of his and I think he is a very good doc...he honeStly cares about his patients and the suboxone is a life saver for anyone who has ever been addicitied...what the fuck do u all lknow anyway you all just mad cause you can't get it..you do weekly visits , drug screens every week and counsling... NO body knows shit about anything unless you have been in someone elses shoes ..I know that I have made better of myself and took the right road UNlike your nasty asses who judge someone for getting help its people like you all who fuck up shit for everybody else....bunch of stupid ass bitches get a life ..sad thing is your prob on drugs or someone close to u is and you couldn't get in his program
You sound like pure trash. Your comment about others being mad because they can't get it just goes to show it is in fact nothing more than a drug to you and you're not taking it for the right reason. Not that I particularly think there is a right reason to take any drug, especially while pregnant.
Leaping lizards

Ashland, KY

#55 Jun 2, 2012
crazyy wrote:
To the person who goes by the name of "who cares", you are a pathetic human being. I find anyone that has to take suboxone trash. The reason behind my logic, is no decent or good person would get hooked on drugs to began with. And absolutely one thing that I can not stand, is seeing these pregnant women smoking, and getting suboxone. Seriously, if you're going to do drugs, than use freakin rubber or birth control. Suboxone is dangerous, it can cause still births, miscarriages, and most of the time the baby has to be winged off of it. How could any mother in their right mind want to put an innocent baby through that. I feel sorry for all of the babies that are born to these piece of crap mothers, bless their hearts. To the women out there doing drugs, if you're going to get knocked up, and spread your big nasty legs, use PROTECTION. These nasty women around here don't care about their babies or they would use protection in the first place and prevent getting pregnant. I hope Dr.Edens gets his office shut down and his license revoked. Suboxone is just a drug that is substituted for another drug. Dr. Edens is nasty, and the man has so many lawsuits against him, I would not trust him with my dog, must less my child's life. Look him up on lavisa lazer, or google, look at the charges and law suits against him. He is currently in a lawsuit because he killed a woman. And he also just recently got in trouble for writing himself and his family members pills. Who would want that for their doctor?????????? Scarrrrry if you ask me, he is a joke. Here is one link to the lavisa lazer that talks about the death,
Check those links at, and if you go to him, I hope you survive, he is dangerous and knife happy. Plus, he is nasty and probably has all kinds of diseases, eww.
Wow you have got a major vendetta against him. Anyone can bring a law suit against another. Your own proof can work against you, in the lavisa lazer it is referring to the plaintiff's claims...that is not a fact...yet. Don't assume that the person suing for funds is telling the truth. That's what court and a jury is for. As far as the other document if you actually read it all and present it as evidence as a fact against him, than pray tell why does the document state that they believe he is a good doctor that just needs a mentor. I don't believe the state would say that if he wasn't. Who knows.....I mean besides you....the "wisest and fairest" of us all. I guess since I actually posted something against you your next step is to call me a druggie or a whore or something similar.*shrug*
kevin

Miamisburg, OH

#57 Jun 2, 2012
crazyy wrote:
OUISA, Ky.(Monday May 21, 2012: 9:43 am)--- Affer being postponed three times in two years, a trial in a wrongful death civil case against Dr. Curtis Edens and Three Rivers Medical Center was declared a mistrial this morning by Circuit Judge John D. Preston.

The case may not be back on the docket until after the first of the year when a new jury pool is selected, according to Lawrence Circuit Clerk Jodie Parsley.

She said the case was postponed for various reasons in December 2011 and February 2012. The mistrial was declared after a member of the jury pool made an inappropriate comment during Voir Dire, Ms. Parsley said.

"I don't believe we have enough jurors in the remainder of the jury pool to seat a jury for the case since we had more than half of those available out here this morning," Parsley said.

"The reason for the election day trial was because that's where it fell on the docket and since it had already been postponed twice, the court obviously wanted to proceed," Parsley said. She said she could not remember a case held on election day.

Was this jury member you?
Wow

United States

#58 Jun 2, 2012
Omg so by reading what Kevin put he got away with muder??
Ummm

Ashland, KY

#59 Jun 2, 2012
Wow wrote:
Could you maybe quote what part of Kevin's post led you to that conclusion. Because I'm not following your train of thought. Looks to me like you are just trying to stir the fire.
barbie

Macon, GA

#60 Jun 2, 2012
i think he needs to get a haircut, put on some nice clothes an grow up a little,how hard is it to look profesnal, instead looking like a rock star come on doc
kevin

Miamisburg, OH

#61 Jun 2, 2012
Wow wrote:
Not murder.

Death by misadventure.
Judas Wife

Prattville, AL

#62 Jun 3, 2012
A physician can have long hair, drink and smoke marijuana. Those aren't the issues. He can have a clean, aseptic smell in his office. I know, it's difficult to keep an environment completely straightened with patients and their families loitering about the facility. I think, it's asinine for the citizens not to question our supposed professionals when the drug problems are so rampant in Louisa and the surrounding areas. He deals with the women; however, he cannot enforce their leaving deadbeat druggy husbands. It seems as if he was negligible in several patients cases. Yet, nobody is perfect. A famous quote," To err is to be human." And a wise man once said, " It only takes one man to put ass in Jackass."
just me

Prestonsburg, KY

#63 Jun 12, 2012
i know all about what is goin on with the trail against dr edens and i still say he is a great doctor all drs make mistakes he has been my dr for 8 years now and i will never even consider going any where else unless i have no other choice he saved my oldest daughters life and if it hadnt been for him seeing it on my ultrasound i probably would have never known that my other baby was sick and would not have been able to get the care she needed he is very compassionate and actually cares about his patients unlike most doctors and he is down to earth he is not snobby and dont act like he is better than everybody else like most people around here you all just need to leave him alone he hasnt done anything to you all for you to talk about him and it isnt his fault nasty people come to see him and stink up the office how do you think he feels having to smell that all day and having to treat those people get a life and stay out of his
whatever

South Point, OH

#64 Jun 13, 2012
just me wrote:
i know all about what is goin on with the trail against dr edens and i still say he is a great doctor all drs make mistakes he has been my dr for 8 years now and i will never even consider going any where else unless i have no other choice he saved my oldest daughters life and if it hadnt been for him seeing it on my ultrasound i probably would have never known that my other baby was sick and would not have been able to get the care she needed he is very compassionate and actually cares about his patients unlike most doctors and he is down to earth he is not snobby and dont act like he is better than everybody else like most people around here you all just need to leave him alone he hasnt done anything to you all for you to talk about him and it isnt his fault nasty people come to see him and stink up the office how do you think he feels having to smell that all day and having to treat those people get a life and stay out of his
Umm first off, it is hard to stay out of the man's life, when he is constantly in the paper for lawsuits. Second, how in the hell is it a mistake that you write yourself and others medication? Lmao, that is no argument dear, he didn't make a mistake, he wrote himself medicine out and he was aware of what he was doing. He isn't a good doctor, he is only in it for the money. There are so many lawsuits and reports against this man that it is almost scary to read. I hope they revoke his medical license and shut that filthy office down. Also, nasty people come to him, because he is a nasty guy. He needs to cut his hair, dress professionally, clean that office up, drop the suboxone clinic, and quit being so damn knife happy. All the man wants to do is unwanted surgery and procedures. When I first moved to the area which was about five years ago, I went to him because I knew nothing about him. I went in to his office and the smell hit me when I walked through the door. The office smelled like crap and there were babies sitting in the floor eating cheerios off of that nasty floor. I seen a pregnant woman rolling up cigarettes and talking about smoking, and how she had tried pot. Once I went to the back, the rooms were nasty, blood was on the floor, it stunk, and he was very unprofessional. I would not take an animal to him, must less trust him with my unborn child's life. To the women who are needing an OB, please stay away from this man. He is nasty and he is far from a good doctor. Don't go to him just because it is convenient, there are far better doctors in Ashland and Huntington. Hopefully his nasty office will get shutdown soon. Google his name, and type in lawsuits against Curtis Edens, you'll be surprised what is out there.
momofthree3

Smoot, WV

#65 Jun 13, 2012
crazyy wrote:
I agree with the most of your feedback however, un-wed preg. in the tri-state is at an epidemic! The reasoning behind this? HUD,FOODSTAMPS,WELFARE CHECK FOR THE BABY,in WV also, welfare will buy or fix your car for up to 1500.( I am not sure of the other state's), gives a FURNITURE VOUCHER ALONG WITH A COMPUTER AND CELL PHONE. Over here I have personally witnessed 5 young women under 23yr. old that purposely got pregnant- and used this as a means of getting a home, food for their dead beat pill head boyfriend's and make the weekly trip to Dr. Edens for the Subox., now- the subox. is adding to their income as they can sell it and also, give to the boyfriend to keep them happy, buy their cigarettes and use WIC to sell or trade. No care or concern is given to the unborn- if it is Dr's or their co-horts, the boyfriends or the evil women for hatching up schemes to make a living from. NEVER before has there been such an epidemic it makes you wonder about the generations to come! Really, MSNBC or TIME should do a documentary on this Shattered displaced new generation, the hard reality is when the welfare fun ends. Oh, did I mention that upon having the babies most are Fostered or Adopted or family members raise the child- after all the Hud puts them in their new home, boyfriend moves in and prospers from the baby drug habit continue's and soon it happens again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Windstream customers of rush, get your free spe... 1 hr JargonMark87 1
Pervert running amuck 2 hr Just Axon 2
trudy harless 2 hr Uknowme 5
Does anyone know Lora Blair 2 hr Looking 3
Brandon pack 19 hr Fact 28
Sabrena at Wendy's Wed Blondie 1
Jocelyn pickard (Mar '16) Mar 27 Username 3

Louisa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance