mr foodcity

Winchester, KY

#21 Oct 8, 2010
noteven wrote:
I will tell you what, you will be doing your shopping at another store. they will shut your store down before it goes union you can bet on that.
I will take that bet!! every time something like this happens people say oh they will shut down the store! If they are that stupid to try and shut it down and lose thousands of dollars then they are even dumber than your statment! they will not shut it down thats just politics boy! no the union will succeed and we will be just fine!
GO DAWGS

Lawrenceburg, KY

#22 Oct 8, 2010
WHAT????!!!
noteven

Logan, WV

#23 Oct 9, 2010
mr foodcity wrote:
<quoted text>I will take that bet!! every time something like this happens people say oh they will shut down the store! If they are that stupid to try and shut it down and lose thousands of dollars then they are even dumber than your statment! they will not shut it down thats just politics boy! no the union will succeed and we will be just fine!
People say a lot of things, for instance you said you take the bet. What will you wager, Have a house, a car lets make this good.They are far from stupid, look around how many places do you see going union today? I'm not saying unions are all bad, but foodcity will not go union, try striking and see how fast they have a replacement for you. There are a lot more people looking for jobs, than jobs looking for people.If you want to advance with foodcity you better swallow your pride and start puckering those lips. KVAT cares nothing about you, They care about the bottom line only.
mr foodcity

Winchester, KY

#24 Oct 9, 2010
noteven wrote:
<quoted text>People say a lot of things, for instance you said you take the bet. What will you wager, Have a house, a car lets make this good.They are far from stupid, look around how many places do you see going union today? I'm not saying unions are all bad, but foodcity will not go union, try striking and see how fast they have a replacement for you. There are a lot more people looking for jobs, than jobs looking for people.If you want to advance with foodcity you better swallow your pride and start puckering those lips. KVAT cares nothing about you, They care about the bottom line only.
Well i work at foodcity for minimum wage so betting my house?? really? my car? I feel you have jilted by some company maybe even foodcity but for sure the union will be a success for us even if by some crazy notion it does not come in, As far as striking and being replaced? you really must not be from around here and you must not know how a union works. Replace us with whom?? we can't get people to work now that have a job? Louisa is very small and not many people to chose from so replacement nah won't happen, Strike? would not come to that! OK lets play your idea for a minute, If every employee strikes who runs the store?? nobody! They would lose so much money in operating cost or maybe they would have to close? either way we win! As far as puckering lips we will leave that to people like you because we don't work that way cause we don't have to but if thats how you have got promoted then kiss on my friend!
noteven

Logan, WV

#25 Oct 9, 2010
mr foodcity wrote:
<quoted text>Well i work at foodcity for minimum wage so betting my house?? really? my car? I feel you have jilted by some company maybe even foodcity but for sure the union will be a success for us even if by some crazy notion it does not come in, As far as striking and being replaced? you really must not be from around here and you must not know how a union works. Replace us with whom?? we can't get people to work now that have a job? Louisa is very small and not many people to chose from so replacement nah won't happen, Strike? would not come to that! OK lets play your idea for a minute, If every employee strikes who runs the store?? nobody! They would lose so much money in operating cost or maybe they would have to close? either way we win! As far as puckering lips we will leave that to people like you because we don't work that way cause we don't have to but if thats how you have got promoted then kiss on my friend!
Jilted by an employer, No not yet and don't see that happening.I have seen a fc store try striking, they simply sent employes from other stores to work until replacements were hired. you are correct louisa is a small town, like most areas that food city operates in that is not by chance but by choice. You say if they close you win, i dont understand that statement.I will freely admit that i have been puckering for a long time, and my only regret is i waited to long to start. I enjoy my job and the perks that go with it, sure some days are tuff but they are far and few between.I am not putting you down, i just think you are misguided. By all means do what you think will best serve your future.
just me

Winchester, KY

#26 Oct 9, 2010
noteven wrote:
<quoted text>Jilted by an employer, No not yet and don't see that happening.I have seen a fc store try striking, they simply sent employes from other stores to work until replacements were hired. you are correct louisa is a small town, like most areas that food city operates in that is not by chance but by choice. You say if they close you win, i dont understand that statement.I will freely admit that i have been puckering for a long time, and my only regret is i waited to long to start. I enjoy my job and the perks that go with it, sure some days are tuff but they are far and few between.I am not putting you down, i just think you are misguided. By all means do what you think will best serve your future.
Wow he admits he sucks ass to get ahead in life what a loser you are! at least these people stand for what they believe in and not kiss every ass in the world!! Man where is you're pride??
not even

Logan, WV

#27 Oct 10, 2010
just me wrote:
<quoted text>Wow he admits he sucks ass to get ahead in life what a loser you are! at least these people stand for what they believe in and not kiss every ass in the world!! Man where is you're pride??
Where is my pride? it's in the bank. Call me a loser if that makes you feel better, it dosent bother me. Kissing ass has provided a very good living for my family and myself, and allowed me to make investments for my retirement years. I Have not had to live payday to payday in a long time. How about you? Bottom line, if you have to work to live your going to kiss ass somewhere along the way, Why not kiss the ass that has a future benifit.
just me

Winchester, KY

#28 Oct 10, 2010
not even wrote:
<quoted text>Where is my pride? it's in the bank. Call me a loser if that makes you feel better, it dosent bother me. Kissing ass has provided a very good living for my family and myself, and allowed me to make investments for my retirement years. I Have not had to live payday to payday in a long time. How about you? Bottom line, if you have to work to live your going to kiss ass somewhere along the way, Why not kiss the ass that has a future benifit.
Your pride is your money?? Wow you are a bigger loser than I could have imagined! I don't say that to make myself feel better it's just the facts, My kids are my pride, my spouse, my family and the way I live and work are my pride, the money they can take away from you but your pride they cannot! You say if you work you have to kiss ass sometimes tells me you are not a good worker so you have had to go another route to keep you job to make up for your lack of ability so instead of applying yourself and educating yourself you took the low road of ass kissing! Some people just want a little better and if the union will do that for these people I say good for them, stand together and let them know you deserve the respect and don't Kiss ass like this guy!
not even

Logan, WV

#29 Oct 10, 2010
just me wrote:
<quoted text> Your pride is your money?? Wow you are a bigger loser than I could have imagined! I don't say that to make myself feel better it's just the facts, My kids are my pride, my spouse, my family and the way I live and work are my pride, the money they can take away from you but your pride they cannot! You say if you work you have to kiss ass sometimes tells me you are not a good worker so you have had to go another route to keep you job to make up for your lack of ability so instead of applying yourself and educating yourself you took the low road of ass kissing! Some people just want a little better and if the union will do that for these people I say good for them, stand together and let them know you deserve the respect and don't Kiss ass like this guy!
First to the original posters, i am sorry that your thread got so far off subject. Now "just me" call me loser, bigger loser whatever. Have you ever stood on a picket line? I have, i reported to the line whenever the union directed and after 121 days the union and company agreed on a deal that left the union richer and 400 hourly workers without a job, replaced by what we called "SCABS" You certainly have the right to form and express an opinion, as do i. My final posting is do what you think is best for you and yours, as i did. Think about what the union and company tell you and research it. And remember nothing is as good or bad as people would have you belive. now lets let this thread go back to it's original intent.
COMMON SENSE

United States

#30 Oct 10, 2010
Doesn't anybody have any?
COMMON SENSE

United States

#31 Oct 10, 2010
Let me spell out the sequence of events for those of you who think you want a union. IF you vote in a union then

1. Union forces company into ridicolously high wages

2. Company has to raise prices to compensate

3. Higher prices force customers to Wal-mart

4. Lost sales causes company to lose money

5. Lost money means company is in the red

6. Company decides to close the doors.

If you vote a union in, then not only will you be losing jobs, but you'll also lose a grocery store to shop at. When that happens, and Wal-mart has no competition in this town you'll also be paying more for your groceries at Wal-mart. This is not an opinion. It's all based on good smart business common sense.
COMMON SENSE

United States

#32 Oct 10, 2010
It's hard enough to compete against the largest retailer in the world as it is now. A vote for the union is a vote against keeping your Louisa Food City in business.
mr foodcity

Winchester, KY

#33 Oct 23, 2010
I will never understand the management at Foodcity! Yes they could make our job's alot better but do they?? No, now that we have a chance for a little help from an organized team they get mad start writing people up for stuff that is bull, have meetings every week! Adam is a wimp, kevin is a wimp and every manager all the way to the top are so wimpy they all need to be fired!! I am going to talk to all employees and tell them to vote union and don't let these wimps scare you they are all talk!!
firefight

Hazard, KY

#34 Oct 24, 2010
mr foodcity wrote:
I will never understand the management at Foodcity! Yes they could make our job's alot better but do they?? No, now that we have a chance for a little help from an organized team they get mad start writing people up for stuff that is bull, have meetings every week! Adam is a wimp, kevin is a wimp and every manager all the way to the top are so wimpy they all need to be fired!! I am going to talk to all employees and tell them to vote union and don't let these wimps scare you they are all talk!!
Louisa Foodcity struggles everyday to come up with a black bottom line, and recently it has not happened that often, putting a bigger number on the cost of labor would be enough to make KVAT HQ consider that it would be cheaper to close doors than to stay open and lose money everyday, but I don't believe KVAT has given up on it just yet.

The trouble makers wanting to go union are not having much luck, specially in bringing a lot of employees to their side, many of those trouble makers are in it for themselves and no one else, that makes a difference in bringing people in on it. Not that many will risk losing their job when there aren't enough voices wanting to go union.

Be happy that you've got a job watch what you do about going union or not, KVAT has never been closer than now to pull the plug on the Louisa store.
mr foodcity

Winchester, KY

#35 Oct 24, 2010
firefight wrote:
<quoted text>
Louisa Foodcity struggles everyday to come up with a black bottom line, and recently it has not happened that often, putting a bigger number on the cost of labor would be enough to make KVAT HQ consider that it would be cheaper to close doors than to stay open and lose money everyday, but I don't believe KVAT has given up on it just yet.
The trouble makers wanting to go union are not having much luck, specially in bringing a lot of employees to their side, many of those trouble makers are in it for themselves and no one else, that makes a difference in bringing people in on it. Not that many will risk losing their job when there aren't enough voices wanting to go union.
Be happy that you've got a job watch what you do about going union or not, KVAT has never been closer than now to pull the plug on the Louisa store.
Troublemakers?? because we want sick days, personal days and seniority rights and maybe a descent raise we are troublemakers? They will not close the doors and they better watch WHO they try to make trouble for and as far as not having enough people for it I guess you are not very well informed. There are laws to protect people so if your trying to scare somebody go some where else because we will not be scared!
GoUnion

Salyersville, KY

#36 Oct 27, 2010
Some of us just want an electric pallet jack and not have to see Kevin's crack anymore!
kevin

Winchester, KY

#37 Oct 27, 2010
I have the perfect solution for kevin.....crack spackle...look it up on you tube! sat. nite live did this little info. lol lol
Just Saying

Winchester, KY

#38 Oct 27, 2010
GoUnion wrote:
Some of us just want an electric pallet jack and not have to see Kevin's crack anymore!
Aw! You know you like to see Kevin's "CRACK"
kevin

Winchester, KY

#39 Oct 27, 2010
fcemployee

Louisa, KY

#40 Oct 27, 2010
Warning--OFF ToPIC

Generally, I like my job. The hours suck, the co-workers (generally) are useless and the management (overall) are bitchy. Not all of them. All the bad mouthing about Adam is obviously coming from people who do not have balls enough to talk to him themselves. Anytime I have had to go to him with problems or questions he has always been helpful and seems to show genuine concern.
Now there are other managers that are absolutely awful.
The "head cashier" is an obviously menopausal crazy b***h. She has favorites that are absolutely useless as workers; it makes a person wonder what they are holding over her head to keep their jobs.
I really do not know or have any problems with any of the other department managers, so really can not complain about them.
As for the F.E.M.s, maybe if the HC would actually listen to them when they have a genuine problem with their subordinates (people not working, leaving their work area, texing etc) they would be more productive. But when they have to go behind their workers and redo the work\cleaning when it was supposed to be done already they have to put off the work they are supposed to be doing. But because the HC shows no concern when they report these employees that are not doing their job they loose all credibility in the eyes in their workers. Hence no one does their job and people keep goofing off because they know they will not get in trouble.

Iíll complain more latter. Now my hands are tired.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brandon pack 1 hr Yep 2
Troy and katelyn back on jail 4 hr Sad 2
Salaries 10 hr Nail Eater 2
The Outpost 14 hr Badge bunny 3
Glen & Heather Fluty 14 hr Sheldon 6
Dr. Light @ Louisa (Jul '14) 18 hr Jobo 15
nosey two faced worthless bitch (Jun '12) 19 hr Cheryl Vanhoose 2

Louisa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Louisa Mortgages