First Prev
of 5
Next Last
misty

AOL

#1 Sep 28, 2010
i keep hearing that union leaders, are talking to foodcity assoicates to make their store here in louisa a union? why are they doing that for
james

AOL

#2 Sep 28, 2010
im hearing the same thing
just me

Winchester, KY

#3 Sep 28, 2010
misty wrote:
i keep hearing that union leaders, are talking to foodcity assoicates to make their store here in louisa a union? why are they doing that for
Probably cause the management treats its employee's unfairly with low pay and no seniority acknowledement, been that way for years so if it is true then I hope the union comes in it will benefit everybody!
employee

Winchester, KY

#4 Sep 28, 2010
well i for one hope its true cause we could really use some help! A union would be so good for us it would help me and all my co workers!
FYI

Prestonsburg, KY

#5 Sep 28, 2010
Unions have destroyed our country, look around you, high wages for worthless employees that look to the union to protect them from doing a days work in order to keep their jobs, don't you watch news, if so you seen last week the auto makers in Michegan dopeing and drinking on lunch break on our tax dollars that bailed their sorry butts out and really looked like they were concerned about their jobs, thats wy american made products are so sorry. Pay your high union dues, so some big shot can live in the lap of luxury and watch your company leave town, thats what happens here everytime or can't you remember those that left. Unions were at oetime good for the working men and women, that is not the case now they are the worst thing for men, look at our miners, that should tell you something about unionization, be glad you have a job and work and take care of it. If Foodcity goes union i don't buy there anymore the prices will go up and walmart will be the best deal here.
Lol

Bronx, NY

#6 Sep 29, 2010
FYI! U are a dumba$$! Unions haven't destroyed this country, republicans have u douche! Those guys that got thrown in jail they work, so it was their tax dollars too u fool! I have worked both union and non union jobs, both are great, but I'll stay union and u just stay stupid okay!
Get A Grip

United States

#7 Sep 29, 2010
FYI wrote:
Unions have destroyed our country, look around you, high wages for worthless employees that look to the union to protect them from doing a days work in order to keep their jobs, don't you watch news, if so you seen last week the auto makers in Michegan dopeing and drinking on lunch break on our tax dollars that bailed their sorry butts out and really looked like they were concerned about their jobs, thats wy american made products are so sorry. Pay your high union dues, so some big shot can live in the lap of luxury and watch your company leave town, thats what happens here everytime or can't you remember those that left. Unions were at oetime good for the working men and women, that is not the case now they are the worst thing for men, look at our miners, that should tell you something about unionization, be glad you have a job and work and take care of it. If Foodcity goes union i don't buy there anymore the prices will go up and walmart will be the best deal here.
Whether you like it or not, unions are why you make what you do. They have fought for better wages. You probably don't shop at Food City anyway, doubt they would miss you. The American people are putting themselves out of work by buying foreign made items instead we ALL should have been rebelling. Proud to be Union!
employee

Winchester, KY

#8 Sep 30, 2010
well big wigs came down and told us we did not need a union!! To bad they were never concerned about our needs till this comes up I for one hope the union succeeds!
wake up

Salyersville, KY

#9 Oct 1, 2010
if the union came to foodcity half the people there would lose thier jobs,cause union is full time work, also your not going to make big money like these other union jobs like the mines and steel workers,what money they did give you they would take back in union dues an fees,wake up, the store is doing just fine the way it is now,so think before you speak,union is not a good thing for foodcity,if you like the people you work with dont push the union,keep it going the way it is, for the sake of your job an others that need it,an for the ones that doesnt get raises or moved up work harder, thats what it takes, just cant say well i work here i need a raise and moved up,hard work is what gets you places not union,most employees there dont even know what the union is all they here is more money, reserch it before you make a bigmistake
employee

Winchester, KY

#10 Oct 1, 2010
wake up wrote:
if the union came to foodcity half the people there would lose thier jobs,cause union is full time work, also your not going to make big money like these other union jobs like the mines and steel workers,what money they did give you they would take back in union dues an fees,wake up, the store is doing just fine the way it is now,so think before you speak,union is not a good thing for foodcity,if you like the people you work with dont push the union,keep it going the way it is, for the sake of your job an others that need it,an for the ones that doesnt get raises or moved up work harder, thats what it takes, just cant say well i work here i need a raise and moved up,hard work is what gets you places not union,most employees there dont even know what the union is all they here is more money, reserch it before you make a bigmistake
Its not all about pay raises, their is insurance, sick days, and personal days and seniority recognition! none of which we have now, and your right we won't get $16 an hour but we make barely over minimum wage now and some people have been there since it opened! So $9 or $10 an hour with better benefits and health care, yes I will pay dues of $20 a month to get that so maybe you need to research it because I myself unlike people like you always check things out and we have some of the best workers around and they deserve to get their respect!!
FYI

United States

#11 Oct 1, 2010
FYI wrote:
Finish the story - the employees were suspended!!! By the way, are you Baptist? Some of them seem to believe in implied lies, or telling half the truth. Notice I said, Some! There are some wonderful Baptist that don't believe this way.
friend

Flatgap, KY

#12 Oct 1, 2010
wake up wrote:
now this is funny, hard work doesnt move you up at food city, ass kissing moves you up, having family that works for the company moves you up, if you have went to all different forms of managment, from store to corporate, and still havent got anything done what else can you do but union?(you cant quit cause jobs are pretty slim,)
union man

Salyersville, KY

#13 Oct 2, 2010
God bless the union.
mr foodcity

Winchester, KY

#14 Oct 8, 2010
bring on the union!! we need some help bad! I think management is scared cause they had two meetings so far which included a film!! what a great help it would be!! If you are a foodcity employee and read this please vote yes for the union! We need help so the management will have to give us what we deserve! just think the average wage for a cashier in store like this is $$12.00 an hour we get $7.50, plus we have no sick days or personal days either, the union will help get all this so vote YES!!!!!!!
Entitled

Staunton, VA

#15 Oct 8, 2010
That's right! Make those bastards pay! Bringing in jobs and FORCING people to work for $7.50. Teach them a lesson.
mr foodcity

Winchester, KY

#16 Oct 8, 2010
Entitled wrote:
That's right! Make those bastards pay! Bringing in jobs and FORCING people to work for $7.50. Teach them a lesson.
glad you agree!!!!!!!!!!
funny monkey

Winchester, KY

#17 Oct 8, 2010
I haven,t seen a cashier there worth 7.50 hr. They are all lazy and not very friendly at all. It makes them mad if you come thru their line and they have to stop their conversation with other workers that are all gathered around.
glow worm

Huntington, WV

#18 Oct 8, 2010
Be prepared when a union comes into a place best friends turn against each other and so many unkind words are said and it is never the same. im not against unions for sure, the sacrifices of union men many years ago have got us where we are today.
Lol

Newark, NJ

#19 Oct 8, 2010
I could not have said it better. The part I liked best was when you said you researched it. If others would they wouldn't be so negative. Some people really should be glad they don't put their names on here, cause that would really make them look stupid. Y'all have a good one. Union til I die!!!!!!
employee wrote:
<quoted text> Its not all about pay raises, their is insurance, sick days, and personal days and seniority recognition! none of which we have now, and your right we won't get $16 an hour but we make barely over minimum wage now and some people have been there since it opened! So $9 or $10 an hour with better benefits and health care, yes I will pay dues of $20 a month to get that so maybe you need to research it because I myself unlike people like you always check things out and we have some of the best workers around and they deserve to get their respect!!
noteven

Williamson, WV

#20 Oct 8, 2010
I will tell you what, you will be doing your shopping at another store. they will shut your store down before it goes union you can bet on that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone else think that Brooke Isaac is a c?nt 3 hr June Bug 6
LPD cincy an officers 3 hr East side 5
Lawrence County Fair 9 hr cottoncandy 2
LPD made cinncinat topix 10 hr Transcontinental... 3
Joann chapman collins the biggest money hungry... 19 hr Oldfriend 14
Tony Stepp arrested 23 hr jason r 9
Why do fat girls go to the tanning bed? (Feb '11) Thu TheCure 59
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Louisa Mortgages