wreck motercycle v car
I Sure Hope

Clay City, KY

#21 Jun 18, 2009
come on wrote:
Do you think she intentionally set out on that day to kill someone! Have you not ever been tired while driving- it's called an accident for a reason you idiot! I have no idea who this woman is but I am sure that she is suffering enough with what happened. I'm sure if it were you that caused an accident you wouldn't be screaming murder! Why don't you THINK a little before you post something so ignorant!
Hey you!! kiss my ass! And don't call me an idiot because damn you I am not one,, you sound like you might be one. And hell no I want<<< and have never driven on the wrong side of the road and if I was that damn sleepy I would have pulled over But guess WHAT!! to late, some one died because of it, and in my opinion it is MURDER!!!Its called an accident foe a reason????? What was the reason, stupid<<<
lol

Pine Ridge, KY

#22 Jun 18, 2009
My God. You are too ridiculous to even acknowledge! lol- One day I hope you don't have to experience what this woman must be going through but if for some reason you do I hope you remember and don't feel bad when people call you a murderer! Whoever posted before you was absolutely correct you are an idiot.
from Virginia

Charlottesville, VA

#23 Jun 18, 2009
Sherry wrote:
<quoted text>
I subscribe to the Big Sandy News and this is what the article said:
06/17/2009 - LOUISA A motorcyclist from Virginia died in a head-on collision along Rt. 1 in Louisa Saturday afternoon.
Michael Wayne Spence, 54, a brother and a friend, each on separate motorcycles, were travelling along Rt. 1 in a "staggered position" in the northbound lane when they encountered a vehicle coming toward them from the opposite direction in their lane, according to Lawrence County Sheriff's Deputy Chuck Jackson.
"The Lawrence County operator, a female, Veronica Douglas, 42, was travelling southbound in the northbound lane in a four-door Dodge passenger vehicle," Jackson said. "The female has no recollection of the crash and said it was possible that she fell asleep. The victim (Spence) was in the lead, and when his motorcycle was hit, it repelled the motorcycle he was riding backward to his friend, who was on the second motorcycle and injured his leg. His brother was on the third motorcycle and was able to stop. He left a long skid mark."
Jackson said Douglas alleges that she had gotten up early to go flea marketing to buy things for resale and that she was on her way back from Grayson.
"The car caught fire after it came to its final rest in the creek," Jackson said. "The incident is still under investigation."
Others assisting at the scene included Lawrence County Sheriff Garrett Roberts, Fallsburg Rescue and Stat 7 from Webbville, which offered mutual aid.
I also checked CourtNet and as of today, no charges have been filed against Veronica Douglas. Hope this helps some.
Thank you Sherry. Any information helps. It just helps to have information. Our hearts are so heavy. His death has left behind so many sad family members, wife, 3 children, 5 grandchildren, mother and 5 siblings, many neices, nephews,and friends. I can hardly take it in.
VrgniA24319

Wytheville, VA

#24 Jun 18, 2009
Does anyone know how I could gain access to pictures of the accident? Someone told me that there were several of them on the internet and I haven't had any luck.
Thanks.
fireman1772000

United States

#25 Jun 18, 2009
yes sir you can possibly go on to the local web newspaper here they usually have it on there and it is www.thelevisalazer.com ,sorry for your loss.
Sherry

United States

#26 Jun 19, 2009
VrgniA24319 wrote:
Does anyone know how I could gain access to pictures of the accident? Someone told me that there were several of them on the internet and I haven't had any luck.
Thanks.
E-mail me with your address and I will go online and copy and send what I can find to you. [email protected]
Sherry

United States

#27 Jun 19, 2009
from Virginia wrote:
<quoted text> Thank you Sherry. Any information helps. It just helps to have information. Our hearts are so heavy. His death has left behind so many sad family members, wife, 3 children, 5 grandchildren, mother and 5 siblings, many neices, nephews,and friends. I can hardly take it in.
My heart breaks for you. If I can be of any help to you at all, please let me know. [email protected]
from Virginia24319

Charlottesville, VA

#28 Jun 21, 2009
Sherry wrote:
<quoted text>
My heart breaks for you. If I can be of any help to you at all, please let me know. [email protected]
Sherry: I sent you an email. Any information you could provide would be greatly appreciated.
Curious

Bardstown, KY

#29 Jun 21, 2009
Has anyone heard anything about if criminal charges are indeed going to be filed?
JustCurious

Ft Mitchell, KY

#30 Jun 21, 2009
VrgniA24319 wrote:
Thanks.
I would try the police department that did the investigation. I don't know if they are allowed to give you the info. you want and need. I am so sorry for your loss. May God bless you and yours.
Virginia Girl

Norfolk, VA

#31 Jun 22, 2009
To 'from Virginia' Please know that there are many people praying for you and your family. I knew your brother and he was such a blessing! It was always good to see him! And he always made you feel like he was glad to see you too! He will truly be missed by many! May God help you, comfort you, and give you peace and the strength to get through this.
ande

Corbin, KY

#32 Jun 25, 2009
where was it? and when?
Mikes daughter

United States

#33 Jun 27, 2009
I Sure Hope wrote:
<quoted text>Hey you!! kiss my ass! And don't call me an idiot because damn you I am not one,, you sound like you might be one. And hell no I want<<< and have never driven on the wrong side of the road and if I was that damn sleepy I would have pulled over But guess WHAT!! to late, some one died because of it, and in my opinion it is MURDER!!!Its called an accident foe a reason????? What was the reason, stupid<<<
I am sick after reading this quote. This was not an accident in the middle of the day especially to someone under the influence of something. HOW SELFISH ARE YOU? Taking my father's life!!!!!!!!!! I will be at the trial ready to make sure this murderer is put behind bars. A beautiful life has been taken from us and to show no remorse makes it even worse!
Mikes daughter

United States

#34 Jun 27, 2009
VrgniA24319 wrote:
Thanks.
Who are you and what right do you have to request photos without asking anyone in the family? It's not right!
try to understand

Pine Ridge, KY

#35 Jun 30, 2009
First let me start by saying how sorry I am for the loss of your father. No words can ever ease that kind of pain- and let me also say I don't know either of the people involved in this tragic accident but I just wanted to try to explain something... I am a mother of 2 and I work full time. Every morning I get up at 4am and by the time I am finished with all that I have to do it is sometimes midnight before I get to bed- there have been times that I have been so physically exhausted I wasn't sure I could even make it home- so yes, it does happen, we are only human. From what I have read in the paper there is nothing that says this woman was under the influence of anything- it was simply a horrible accident that should have never happened. It doesn't make her a murderer. I know thats not what you want to hear but I assure you I am certain this woman had no intentions of killing someone on this terrible day. Its understandable to be angry- your father and family member was taken from you way to soon but I'm sure this woman is suffering her own pain as well. Once again, I am so sorry for your loss and I pray that somehow you will find peace...
Mikes daughter

United States

#36 Jul 1, 2009
Unfortunately your explanation means nothing. 1. I am a mother of 3. He was a father of 3 and a Grandfather to 5. If I'm physically exhausted I stay home and sleep it off. I work full time too and my father worked harder than that. The paper does not say she was under the influence, but isn't it funny how it ends as she doesn't recall what happened? A DUI is under investigation!!! He spent the night before home with his 2 daughters and 5 grandchildren and left us the next morning promising to be back and I find it funny he wasn't the one on the wrong side of the road. YOU HAVE NO IDEA OF MINE OR OUR PAIN...so if you know her, please pass the word! We'll be at her trial!
Mikes daughter

United States

#37 Jul 1, 2009
Mikes daughter wrote:
Unfortunately your explanation means nothing. 1. I am a mother of 3. He was a father of 3 and a Grandfather to 5. If I'm physically exhausted I stay home and sleep it off. I work full time too and my father worked harder than that. The paper does not say she was under the influence, but isn't it funny how it ends as she doesn't recall what happened? A DUI is under investigation!!! He spent the night before home with his wife, 2 daughters, and 5 grandchildren and left us the next morning promising to be back and I find it funny he wasn't the one on the wrong side of the road. YOU HAVE NO IDEA OF MINE OR OUR PAIN...so if you know her, please pass the word! We'll be at her trial!
Oh and now that I think of it, you may be the one that had lended her the vehicle....because for some reason she was not driving her own vehicle nor had insurance (I'm sure with her past records she couldn't even get a policy). So are you now paying the price of her mistake?
sorry

Harrodsburg, KY

#38 Jul 2, 2009
i don't know how things work in VA but I can tell ya if you expect anything criminal to happen to this woman in good ole Lawrence Co you are wishful thinkin. Nothing ever changes here- and unfortunately people who do wrong seem to get away with it every single day. I'm sorry about your dad, I can't imagine how you feel but the truth is is was a terrible accident.
Friend

Roanoke, VA

#39 Jul 2, 2009
I am completely disgusted by the fact people on this site are taking up for the woman who killed my friends father. I woke up at 3 am with a text from one of my closest friends telling me she saw her father off and now he's gone and how would she get over this. Can you imagine how she feels? Can you imagine how her stepmom, her uncles and aunts and her children and the rest of her family feels. Put yourself in their shoes. Imagine saying good bye to some you love with all your heart and then finding out a few hours later they are GONE. This woman deserves whatever jailtime she is sentenced to. Someone who has NO car, NO insurance and NO sleep "supposedly" and with enough legal OR illegal substances in their system should NOT be behind the wheel of a car.
silentparticipan t

Houston, TX

#40 Jul 8, 2009
I have read all those concerns. My thoughts and prayers go to all who are involved. This is a very tragic accident. The woman involved had taken vicodin that day. Maybe now she will open her eyes and see all the lives she has ruined through out her life. For some it takes a tragic accident before eyes are opened.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
James wrecks 7 min Hunter 5
Who will be the next sheriff? 12 hr Masterofpuppets 84
Brandon pack Sat Josh 17
Cutting hair without licsense (Apr '11) Sat Betty 62
feltners need to go Sat Stroller 5
Fluffles~! FLUFFles~~!! FLUFFLES!! Sat Stroller 2
Why wont anyone run against mike hogan and stop... Fri Just tell it like... 9

Louisa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance