wreck motercycle v car

Posted in the Louisa Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
hillbilly

Staffordsville, KY

#1 Jun 13, 2009
does anyone know about this? its bad there was atleast one fatality, it was on rt1
Geraldine

Louisa, KY

#2 Jun 13, 2009
anyone hear who this was that wrecked? still no news
blueeyes09

Lowmansville, KY

#3 Jun 13, 2009
um, the motorcycles were out of west virgina. it did kill ONE of the riders, the car was on the wrong side of the road and two of the motorcycles hit it.
where

Salyersville, KY

#4 Jun 13, 2009
where did this happen?
hillbilly

Staffordsville, KY

#5 Jun 13, 2009
it happened on RT1 in webville area
hillbilly

Staffordsville, KY

#6 Jun 14, 2009
I found out about it, there was an idiot driving on the wrong side of the road in a curve, hit two motorcycle head on killing one rider and severly injuring another, what a shame they should look at him with a microscope to see what in the world made him be on the wrong side of the road, and something else something this tragic and its not on any news, I bet if it was in wv thats all you would hear about!!!!!
Whypost wronginfo

Fort Gay, WV

#7 Jun 14, 2009
there was a crash on rt. 1, it was a female driver not a male, it did not severly injur the other biker, criminal charges are being filed, the bikers were coming from Va. going to Michigan road was shut down for 3 1/2 hours so the sheriffs deputy could get all his information and measurements. this place is a bad place to get information, why do people get here and put stuff they know is not true?
thank God

Louisa, KY

#8 Jun 14, 2009
I heard it was a drunk driver, don't know if that's true or not; I was at my brother's house around 12pm when we seen all the motorcycles go by there were probably 25 riding together; it was about 25 minutes later when we heard the sirens from the fire emergency vehicles. I left his house aroung 430pm when I got to the part of Rt 1 where it happened they told me the road would be closed at least another 2 hours. He wouldn't give me alot of details stated it was a really bad wreck...I pray for all those involved...it must have been bad to have the road closed for so long...my brother seen a toll truck carrying the motorcycle and car through later on and said it looked like they were burnt up...terrible accident; Rt 1 is a very curvy road; you have to be defenisver driver on those roads; I've come through many nights on Rt 1 looking at both sides of the road to make sure I don't see deer. Again terrible accident..
hillbilly

Staffordsville, KY

#9 Jun 14, 2009
Whypost wronginfo wrote:
there was a crash on rt. 1, it was a female driver not a male, it did not severly injur the other biker, criminal charges are being filed, the bikers were coming from Va. going to Michigan road was shut down for 3 1/2 hours so the sheriffs deputy could get all his information and measurements. this place is a bad place to get information, why do people get here and put stuff they know is not true?
WERE ELSE can we get it? no news is reporting on it seams as if we are in a jungle that no reporters will go, like i said if it was in wv it woulda been on ever channel
I KNOW

Staffordsville, KY

#10 Jun 14, 2009
GO GET YA A SCANNER TO HEAR EVERYTHING GOIN ON!!!LOL
hillbilly

Salyersville, KY

#11 Jun 15, 2009
I KNOW wrote:
GO GET YA A SCANNER TO HEAR EVERYTHING GOIN ON!!!LOL
I guiess I could join my local V.F.D. JUST TO GET A SCANNER, cause I sure dont have the money for one
hillbilly

Salyersville, KY

#12 Jun 15, 2009
thats probly what everyone round here joins for anyways
from Virginia

Charlottesville, VA

#13 Jun 17, 2009
Could someone give me more information about the Crash on saturday. It was my brother who was killed. Does anyone know about the other driver and is it true about criminal charges and if so what are the nature of the charges.
Sherry

United States

#14 Jun 17, 2009
from Virginia wrote:
Could someone give me more information about the Crash on saturday. It was my brother who was killed. Does anyone know about the other driver and is it true about criminal charges and if so what are the nature of the charges.
I am sorry for your loss. You can go online at bigsandynews.com . There is an article in today's newspaper that might be of some help to you.
Virginia

United States

#15 Jun 17, 2009
I just came from the funeral of Michael Spence who was killed in this wreck. We can't read this article without subscribing to that paper. Was anything in that article?
hillbilly

Salyersville, KY

#16 Jun 17, 2009
just says that she couldnt rember what happened and she may have fell asleep, there still investigating
from Virginia

Charlottesville, VA

#17 Jun 17, 2009
I will continue to check this website for a few days. The big SandyNews is sending me a paper. But any accurate news that anyone has, I would appreciate hearing it. Does anyone know the lady?
Sherry

United States

#18 Jun 18, 2009
from Virginia wrote:
I will continue to check this website for a few days. The big SandyNews is sending me a paper. But any accurate news that anyone has, I would appreciate hearing it. Does anyone know the lady?
I subscribe to the Big Sandy News and this is what the article said:

06/17/2009 - LOUISA A motorcyclist from Virginia died in a head-on collision along Rt. 1 in Louisa Saturday afternoon.

Michael Wayne Spence, 54, a brother and a friend, each on separate motorcycles, were travelling along Rt. 1 in a "staggered position" in the northbound lane when they encountered a vehicle coming toward them from the opposite direction in their lane, according to Lawrence County Sheriff's Deputy Chuck Jackson.

"The Lawrence County operator, a female, Veronica Douglas, 42, was travelling southbound in the northbound lane in a four-door Dodge passenger vehicle," Jackson said. "The female has no recollection of the crash and said it was possible that she fell asleep. The victim (Spence) was in the lead, and when his motorcycle was hit, it repelled the motorcycle he was riding backward to his friend, who was on the second motorcycle and injured his leg. His brother was on the third motorcycle and was able to stop. He left a long skid mark."

Jackson said Douglas alleges that she had gotten up early to go flea marketing to buy things for resale and that she was on her way back from Grayson.

"The car caught fire after it came to its final rest in the creek," Jackson said. "The incident is still under investigation."

Others assisting at the scene included Lawrence County Sheriff Garrett Roberts, Fallsburg Rescue and Stat 7 from Webbville, which offered mutual aid.

I also checked CourtNet and as of today, no charges have been filed against Veronica Douglas. Hope this helps some.
I Sure Hope

Georgetown, KY

#19 Jun 18, 2009
If that crazy woman was on the damn side of the road I hope they get her for murder,if she was that sleepy them she should not have been behind the wheel.Grayson! flea market! makes no since...
come on

Inez, KY

#20 Jun 18, 2009
Do you think she intentionally set out on that day to kill someone! Have you not ever been tired while driving- it's called an accident for a reason you idiot! I have no idea who this woman is but I am sure that she is suffering enough with what happened. I'm sure if it were you that caused an accident you wouldn't be screaming murder! Why don't you THINK a little before you post something so ignorant!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hep-C@HappyMart 1 hr Smile 31
rdy to buy beer in louisa 13 hr ya hear 16
jessica gilliam Fri NotFromKY 12
Anyone know the Maynard's? (May '10) Fri Sherry 20
Chris bracket Fri curious 3
Yard Sale Fri Cardinal 1
what do we know about larry wilbur on 1690 Fri Someone who knows 3
More from around the web

Louisa People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE