Be Not Ye Therefore Partakers With Them

Be Not Ye Therefore Partakers With Them

Posted in the Louisa Forum

DisciplesOfJesus

San Antonio, TX

#1 Nov 7, 2012
Ephesians, Chapter 5
3: But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints;
4: Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.
5: For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.
6: Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.
7: Be not ye therefore partakers with them.

Are you ready to walk away from your life and all your possessions and become a disciple of the Lord Jesus the Christ?

Are you tired of the wrath of God being upon you ?

I am looking for anyone who is willing to try to become a disciple of the Lord Jesus the Christ.

And to forsake all they have and their life and obey all the commandments of the Lord Jesus the Christ.

To live for God and God only every day all day long, day after day.

And to become born again, baptized by the Spirit of the Lord to be lead by the Spirit to

be Holy unto the Lord in word and deed.

Are you ready to become a disciple of the Lord

Jesus the Christ?

If you need any help you can correspond with me at

[email protected]
Already Am

Winchester, KY

#2 Nov 7, 2012
In response to Desciples of Jesus, I am and have been for over thirty years. I don't like the jest of this and have a troubled spirit about it. First of all it sounds like a cult advertisment to me. Get rid of all you have ( live off the government huh) Walk away from your life, why? Jesus walks with me, leads, guides and directs me in all rieghousness, if he tells me to leave then I go not before. My sheep know my voice and another they will not hear, sound familiar to you? that means I know him, his guideance and his spirit and i am not going to be led by you or anyone but him. Ye need that no man teach you, the Holy Ghost will lead, guide and direct you in all rieghousness, so you see i know his voice, his spirit and his word as well and I don't know if you are seeking a following or possessions or the feeling of power, but you have tapped into the wrong area to recruit deciples. We may be hill folk here as some would describe us but we never have been stupid or man followers.
goddwellswithin

Paintsville, KY

#3 Nov 8, 2012
The disciples drank wine and tarried alnight long...We're all sinners, our works are as filthy rags, how many times was the King James Version revised before he did it in the 1500's...God is within, that being said, he gave us 10 commandments to keep, try and keep them no matter who you are or where you came from, but don't be self righteous, or mean to your fellow man, treat other's as you would have them treat you, and believe and know there is a God, he was manifest in the flesh and died for our sins, I KNOW it, but if your sheep loses one of it's flock on SUNDAY, you don't sit because it's Sun., you go get your lost sheep, in other words, God's greatest gift to us is LOVE, right behind that is common sense, you KNOW when your doing right or wrong naturally, that is also a gift from God. Earn your possesions by the sweat of your brow, and don't put them before your love of God, that means you can work and be successful and still go to heaven, God wants us all to be happy, just don't put ANYTHING before him, it's that simple for you who do not know, everyone past,present, and future will be judged by him...Love one another as you would love yourself...God Bless, and remember even the people who live in the jungle and haven't heard the word "Jesus", they will still be judged by him, read what Paul tells you, look up Billy Graham on youtube preaching about people in the jungles of this world or the American Indian they NEVER heard the word Jesus or God, but they will be judged, look it up, then open your KJB and you'll see that is exactly what Paul said, and remember GOD taught Paul...
Wow

United States

#4 Nov 8, 2012
How can y'all sit there and preach about and man who isn't real? Science has proven it time and time again and still y'all shut your eyes and close your ears. Dinosaurs were real, there's life on other planets, and you know Mary wasn't a virgin. I could tell you the stove is hot and you wouldn't believe me unless you touched it, yet you will take in every word a book some men made up says without one single piece of evidence (that can't be proven by science).
goddwellswithin

Paintsville, KY

#5 Nov 8, 2012
Wow wrote:
How can y'all sit there and preach about and man who isn't real? Science has proven it time and time again and still y'all shut your eyes and close your ears. Dinosaurs were real, there's life on other planets, and you know Mary wasn't a virgin. I could tell you the stove is hot and you wouldn't believe me unless you touched it, yet you will take in every word a book some men made up says without one single piece of evidence (that can't be proven by science).
Science NEVER has proved God is or isn't real...Also science CAN'T explain MIRACLES that happen everyday all around the world in homes and hospitals, so EXPLAIN that with your CARNAL knowledge, explain the miracles that science can't explain, and you can't say science has or hasn't proved anything, they're MIRACLES everyday that CAN'T be explained...You need to wake up...God Bless you, but science don't cover miracles...That's GODS job...Thank You
Wow

United States

#6 Nov 9, 2012
I'm just asking how can you all preach some book that has been proven time and time again to be wrong. And could you please give me an example of one if your God's miracles? Is it easier for you to believe someone else is actually pulling the stings to your life?
Question: someone harms a small child. The person goes to jail and the kid is left with brain injuries. This happens everyday. people say "don't worry God will give him what he has coming to him" or "it's Gods plan" my question -- how can you believe in something that can be so heartless as to let a small child be harmed? If it was in Gods plan, than why would the abuser go to jail?-- that one I'm trying to ask that if we put every good thing on God how come not the bad? Why is it that mans fault and not gods?(Don't get me wrong here i absolutely believe anyone that could harm a child should be put to death) Why/How could God create a human and have his life plan to be to grow up and harm a child. How could he create a child and have the plan for them to be harmed?(This is just a situation I've read recently. Just giving it at an example)
I just do not understand how people can believe in something so heartless and cruel. How is it easier to believe God gave you a miracle than to believe it wasn't? Not saying whatever it was (whatever that may be- you lived through cancer, made it safe from a car wreak etc) wasn't incredible but why thank God for it? I would love to believe there was a heaven l, but everything about the Bible seems to be a STORY that was made up to comfort the living about dying or about someone who's passed. Why can't people live their life to be good people without having to be threatened with going to hell? Why is it the people who don't believe in the Bible are seen as bad devil loving people?
The Truth

United States

#7 Nov 9, 2012
Wow wrote:
How can y'all sit there and preach about and man who isn't real? Science has proven it time and time again and still y'all shut your eyes and close your ears. Dinosaurs were real, there's life on other planets, and you know Mary wasn't a virgin. I could tell you the stove is hot and you wouldn't believe me unless you touched it, yet you will take in every word a book some men made up says without one single piece of evidence (that can't be proven by science).
Let me give you a little information there.First of all science has never proven that God doesnt exist. Science cannot prove that God doesnt exist.They have tried many many times and have failed each and every time. You go to any school or any place that has a scientist and ask them and they will tell you the same thing. I can prove this to you. There isnt away on this here without showing you. But believe me, i can prove to you that everything in the Bible is true. And for your own sake, i hope you wise up and figure out that there is a God and without him you would not be here today. I dont know were or who you got your information from but you have been totally misguided. You was informed of some wrong information.So you need to go have a talk with someone face to face so you can get accurate input about it. Im sure youll figure out that you are wrong to say such a thing.
wake up person

Winchester, KY

#8 Nov 9, 2012
goddwellswithin wrote:
<quoted text>Science NEVER has proved God is or isn't real...Also science CAN'T explain MIRACLES that happen everyday all around the world in homes and hospitals, so EXPLAIN that with your CARNAL knowledge, explain the miracles that science can't explain, and you can't say science has or hasn't proved anything, they're MIRACLES everyday that CAN'T be explained...You need to wake up...God Bless you, but science don't cover miracles...That's GODS job...Thank You
Just like the miracle of hurrican sandy destroying all those people's homes.

Just like the miracle of the ice storm we had that almost wiped west liberty off the map and lots of houses in our area, not to mention the dents all over everybody's cars.

Or the miracle of having so many billions of people in this planet starving because they don't have enough to eat.

Yeah... What a wonderful god... not.
real truth

United States

#9 Nov 9, 2012
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>Let me give you a little information there.First of all science has never proven that God doesnt exist. Science cannot prove that God doesnt exist.They have tried many many times and have failed each and every time. You go to any school or any place that has a scientist and ask them and they will tell you the same thing. I can prove this to you. There isnt away on this here without showing you. But believe me, i can prove to you that everything in the Bible is true. And for your own sake, i hope you wise up and figure out that there is a God and without him you would not be here today. I dont know were or who you got your information from but you have been totally misguided. You was informed of some wrong information.So you need to go have a talk with someone face to face so you can get accurate input about it. Im sure youll figure out that you are wrong to say such a thing.
The most ironic thing about your comment is that the computer and its software that you use are designed by atheists.

Scientists have also never proven that there isn't a rainbow pooping unicorn, but you better wise up for your sake because boy is it coming to town and just like the god you speak of this one can tell if you've been naughty or nice.
Already Am

Winchester, KY

#10 Nov 9, 2012
My, my, my, they are just out there waiting to crawl out from under every rock aren't they. You don't see God or touch him or smell him, you can feel his presence, you can't see the wind either but you can feel it and see it's effects on things. This is a BY FAITH thing, thats what makes it so special, it is by faith, you must have the faith to believe God and trust him and serve him and he is not into proving himself to me, you or anyone else, we are all given the same information, nothing hidden from one and given to another, it is equal treatment for all and every man, woman and child is given that same measure of faith to believe or reject, no the devil believed and trimbled so where does that leave those like you that rejects God and his son Jesus ? So sad but there is no unbelievers in HELL> Seek faith to believe and be saved.
Wow

United States

#11 Nov 9, 2012
And here come the judge mental "Christians"
goddwellswithin

Paintsville, KY

#12 Nov 9, 2012
WOW your truely blind, our CARNAL knowledge is like dial-up, while God has highspeed. Your right though treat people as you would have them treat you...Sounds like your doing GODS work and you don't even realize it...Science can't explain everything, especially miracles...When your child gets sick or hurt, you'll find God, because most likely, these words will come from your mouth,"Oh God please help my baby, I'm powerless in my flesh, but you God can make a MIRACLE happen and save my baby...Remember mourn at birth and rejoice in death, see our CARNAL knowledge don't understand that, and it's NEVER easy to lose a loved one...My dad was shot and killed and died in my hands, but you know what I told him over and over as I was looking into his scared dying eyes was pray dad pray, that's all I knew to say...I still believe and know there is a God and ALL of you will see him...Believe...
goddwellswithin

Paintsville, KY

#13 Nov 9, 2012
Also judge by the fruit they bare, if I see you stealing then I can call and judge you as a theif...Judge NOT less ye' be JUDGED, so keep that in mind before you cast your stones...
Wow

Springfield, NJ

#14 Nov 9, 2012
One, I never once judged anyone. I was replying to Already Am's statement. Using your own logic, it is not your place to say who is and who isn't in he'll, or to even use that as a "threat".
Two, where in the world did you read that, Goddwellswithin?

James 4:12
There is only one lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbor?

Since you won't listen to my words, why not listen to yours?

I am simply asking questions and no one can or is willing to answer them.
Why is it that so many people get so upset when someone questions their belief? It is not your job to answer me or any question anyone has. But why get so upset to a potential threat to your way of thinking? Why not jut say this is what you believe and why (if you want) but why get so heated?
Another question I my hundred I've already asked but won't eat an answer to- why is it that your God is the "right and only" God. there's so many different religions, how is it that yours is right and they're wrong? How is it they think the same about you? WHAT IF you are wron and you believe in the wrong God? Are you going to hell? And if you say no- why would I go to hell for not believing and you not go for believing in the wrong one?
not so wrong

Winchester, KY

#15 Nov 9, 2012
Wow wrote:
One, I never once judged anyone. I was replying to Already Am's statement. Using your own logic, it is not your place to say who is and who isn't in he'll, or to even use that as a "threat".
Two, where in the world did you read that, Goddwellswithin?
James 4:12
There is only one lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbor?
Since you won't listen to my words, why not listen to yours?
I am simply asking questions and no one can or is willing to answer them.
Why is it that so many people get so upset when someone questions their belief? It is not your job to answer me or any question anyone has. But why get so upset to a potential threat to your way of thinking? Why not jut say this is what you believe and why (if you want) but why get so heated?
Another question I my hundred I've already asked but won't eat an answer to- why is it that your God is the "right and only" God. there's so many different religions, how is it that yours is right and they're wrong? How is it they think the same about you? WHAT IF you are wron and you believe in the wrong God? Are you going to hell? And if you say no- why would I go to hell for not believing and you not go for believing in the wrong one?
You already know what she will say, that hers is the only one, and she knows this for a fact of course it has nothing to do with it being crammed down her throat ever since she was a baby and not be able to think for herself, and of course she is right when EVERYONE ELSE AROUND THE WORLD is wrong for believing in what she calls "false gods"
Wow

Springfield, NJ

#16 Nov 9, 2012
Also, I meant add (to the judging statement) you are not supposed to judge and label me a thief is you see me stealing. But, to offer your hand in guidance and offer your help. If someone stole a gallon of milk to feed their small because they had no other way to do so. Would you stand there and label that person a thief or would you offer to buy them the gallon? I don't know about you but I'd buy the person a gallon then ask if I could help in any other way. Whether it be giving them a few dollars to do some work for me or giving them a number to a shelter. Seems to me standing there and labeling someone a thief when you have no idea of their situation if worse than the person stealing. But you know, this is my unGodly opinion.
Drop It

Winchester, KY

#17 Nov 9, 2012
You don't like religion, then drop it quit lashing out against it and move on. Christian people by their very life style condemn you of yours, they don't have to say anything to you, just the fact that you know they don't approve of your life style irritates you and makes you feel they think they are better than you in some way. About stealing, one of the commandments says not to steal, it didn't say unless your baby needs milk or give any loop holes to pop through, it said don't steal period, no excuse. About judging, everyone is so hung up on that, what they are actually hung up on is someone dissaproving of what they are doing. If you will know them by their fruits then it's simple, if they are doing bad things surely you can tell the difference in that and what is right. You don't walk over to a lemon tree to pick apples do you, so you know that tree by the fruit it bears. Christians are not perfect people but just people that are born again and living the best they can and making mistakes everyday of their lives but going on and looking for the time when they will be perfect in another land called heaven where nothing that will defile that city can enter in, if you live like the devil here don't expect to be there. Don't you reconize that the reason all this troubles you so much is that the spirit of God is troubling you and you need to be saved or if you already think you are then search out the old pathways and when you find them walk there in, thats what Jesus said about it.
it would be good

Winchester, KY

#18 Nov 10, 2012
Drop It wrote:
You don't like religion, then drop it quit lashing out against it and move on. Christian people by their very life style condemn you of yours, they don't have to say anything to you, just the fact that you know they don't approve of your life style irritates you and makes you feel they think they are better than you in some way. About stealing, one of the commandments says not to steal, it didn't say unless your baby needs milk or give any loop holes to pop through, it said don't steal period, no excuse. About judging, everyone is so hung up on that, what they are actually hung up on is someone dissaproving of what they are doing. If you will know them by their fruits then it's simple, if they are doing bad things surely you can tell the difference in that and what is right. You don't walk over to a lemon tree to pick apples do you, so you know that tree by the fruit it bears. Christians are not perfect people but just people that are born again and living the best they can and making mistakes everyday of their lives but going on and looking for the time when they will be perfect in another land called heaven where nothing that will defile that city can enter in, if you live like the devil here don't expect to be there. Don't you reconize that the reason all this troubles you so much is that the spirit of God is troubling you and you need to be saved or if you already think you are then search out the old pathways and when you find them walk there in, thats what Jesus said about it.
The point is Christians are hypocrites who will pick and choose what suits them from the book that they preach everyone else should live by.

Nobody goes after christians to aggravate them about the way they live, but so called christians will come onto others to aggravate them for their way of living, they/you are the ones who don't drop it.
kelustu

Winchester, KY

#19 Nov 11, 2012
There are certain things about religion that we criticize that are largely because we are outsiders looking in. Part of religion requires a suspension of skepticism, but this kind of thing is honestly ridiculous, even if you attempt to view it from their point of view. You cannot believe that God is an all powerful being who directly intervenes in touchdown passes and whether or not you get an A on your test, but that he has no interest in deciding the leader of the supposed moral arbiter of the world. I honestly could not care less what you believe in, and couldn't care less if these people want to believe in contradictory things, but the logic is just astonishing. Every single Republican presidential candidate claimed that God had told them to run for and become President. Every. Single. One. And they all lost to Mitt Romney, who lost to Barack Obama. Either God doesn't exist, God is the biggest troll in existence, or he doesn't get involved in matters of politics. You cannot keep having it all 3 ways.
goddwellswithin

Paintsville, KY

#20 Nov 11, 2012
There's NOT 3 ways, God intervenes when GOD needs to, our flesh and CARNAL knowledge has NOTHING to do with your THINKING, so keep thinking, but once in a while start FEELING, that FEELING is God, God and Satan dwell within us all, it's your choice, but as far as completely understanding God and his decisions, your ignorant to think you can. God is everywhere. Quit judging and try to feel something good, those chill bumps you get or that great feeling a church goer gets Sun. morning, all of these things come from God, it's a PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP, so stop thinking that God has to hit you in the head with a sledge hammer to prove he's real...People you've got to believe in something, especially those with kids, usually having kids will change a mans beliefs, because when one of your babies get hurt or sick, I promise you, you'll call out to GOD...Please believe in something REAL, you'll find God in the deepest darkest recesses in your mind, at your lowest he'll be there, because he is within you, also if you don't believe, start looking around either on your PC or your community and you'll find miracles everywhere that your SCIENCE or CARNAL knowledge can't explain...Also for you judgemental people, WE ALL FALL SHORT OF THE GLORY OF GOD...He loves us all, he has more love for you than your father or mother, he gave you love, it's his greatest gift to us...As you grow older alot will change about how you feel about this ol' world and the eternal world you'll live in after you leave this flesh behind. God gives you every single heartbeat, also don't blaspheme, you'll NEVER be forgiven, don't deny him, when you know he is real...For those of you that don't know, you'll see him one day either here or there, but this life on this earth, is NOTHING compared to eternity, be good to your fellow man, and get a copy of the 10 commandments, whether your religious or not, they're laws to go by to be a good man or woman and there is only 10, that shouldn't be that hard...Common sense will allow you to understand God if you allow it to, in other words most of us know right from wrong, God gave that natural thought to all of us, so use it...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Krystal Branham 1 hr Meeeee 5
what do you think of alyssa carroll (Mar '09) 1 hr She is a nasty hoe 8
Alan short 1 hr Just a thought 5
Yard Sale 4 hr Sept 2 - 3 1
Lori sparks info 5 hr Jeff 1
Audrey Horn 5 hr Tyler 68
Who bought all that land? 8 hr Filly 7

Louisa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Louisa Mortgages