Read Story.

There are 10 comments on the Ashland Times-Gazette story from Jul 19, 2007, titled Read Story.. In it, Ashland Times-Gazette reports that:

An appeals court has upheld the conviction of a woman who furnished her son with a shotgun used in a fatal shooting.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ashland Times-Gazette.

Orrville, OH

#1 Oct 12, 2007
It wasn't Sean's fault. It was an accident.
brokenhearted judy

United States

#2 Oct 19, 2007
Slater needs to be executed A.S.A.P. Sean should be incarcerated for the rest of his life.

Canton, OH

#3 Oct 23, 2007
Accident, that could have been prevented if she was a responsible mom!!! My mother lives down the road from where this shooting took place. That woman was told to remove the guns from the house weeks before this happened because her son was shooting at vehicles on the road!!!!! This came straight from the mouth of a Ranger!!! She did not comply and see what happened? I hope she lives a life of hell for being responsible for what her son done, she could have prevented this tragedy........ people like her should not be able to reproduce!

Orrville, OH

#4 Oct 24, 2007
brokenhearted judy wrote:
Slater needs to be executed A.S.A.P. Sean should be incarcerated for the rest of his life.
I'm not saying that what Sean did is excusable. It's a hard situation and everyone in it was victimized. Sean didn't know that the gun was loaded and, trust me, he feels very guilty and wishes everyday that he could reverse what happened.

Orrville, OH

#5 Nov 29, 2007
You freakin' people don't get it. It wasn't Sean's fault. He's not a murderer, he's a very nice guy. Sure he might have a few quirks, but who doesn't. And besides whether he did it or not it doesn't effect you.
Perrysville Man

Auburn Hills, MI

#6 Jan 6, 2008
I find it very disturbing that some people would think that it is not Seans fault that the accident happened. First and foremost if you are going to pick up a gun you had better see if it is loaded. Second everything we do in life effects someone else in some way or another. The best that we can hope for is to effect people in a possitive way. The mother is wrong for handing the means to do the crime to her son and the Sean is guilty for not being responsible enough to see this coming.

“always keep an open mind”

Since: Jan 08

#7 Jan 6, 2008
Sorry, in this case the Mother is as guilty as the son. May she spend every day of her sentence with no chance of an early parole.

United States

#8 Jan 28, 2008
meea you seem to think you what what you are talking about where in fact everyone else whos left a comment has it right you dont sean is a killer and his complete idiot of a mother both should have gotten years from this. this mother allowed her son access to the firearm and mind altering herbs alcohol and many other things. this mother should have gotten her child put in foster she doesnt deserve to be a mother. she gave all the ingredients to him for a tragedy. she is sickning and so is he. he new right from wrong at 12 you know not to point a gun ever at anyone. he should of gotten more than 90 days he should of gotten years and so should she. this family is sick undeserving of any happiness. the family left without a son has the life sentence

Since: Feb 08

Danville, Ohio

#9 Feb 21, 2008

Medina, OH

#10 Mar 18, 2008
you are all wrong. & yes i do know what i'm talking about.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Loudonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
camping Jul '16 TreeHuggingMom 2
its all about who knows what (Apr '16) Jun '16 Mister Blister 2
News Danville police officer found dead, suspect in ... (Jan '16) Jan '16 politico insider 3
News Sheriff: Ohio police officer found dead; suspec... (Jan '16) Jan '16 They cannot kill ... 1
News Lunsford pleads guilty to one charge, two charg... (Jan '16) Jan '16 enon 1
Rentals (Aug '15) Aug '15 Lily89 1
camper (May '15) May '15 who cares 1

Loudonville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Loudonville Mortgages