Ericcantorisanid iot

Nitro, WV

#164 Sep 3, 2012
Eric Cantor says Labor Day should honor job creators, not workers. Well, Eric, since I got a paid day off today, I will honor labor unions for making that possible. All you non billionaires out there should join me, and dump elitists like Cantor.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#165 Sep 3, 2012
capitalversuslabor wrote:
<quoted text>
there's no arguing that. I appreciate every paycheck I ever got. I agree that business investors deserve good return on their investment. But I don't buy the repub argument that they built it without help, and deserve all the credit. They stand on the shoulders of what was already here, and the people, rich and poor, who created it. Didn't I just read about 750 people who died digging through a mountain back in the 30s, to create a power plant? When a rich man turns on the lights, does he give credit to anyone but himself?
Well said...and from that work should come decent wages to match the profits made, not some CEO making tens of millions of dollars a year while workers make $7.25 per hour.
Earl

Charlottesville, VA

#166 Sep 3, 2012
Cookie_Parker wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said...and from that work should come decent wages to match the profits made, not some CEO making tens of millions of dollars a year while workers make $7.25 per hour.
$7.25 an hour must be a Wv thing. That is IQ pay. The higher your IQ the more you make.

Since: Oct 11

Winfield, WV

#167 Sep 3, 2012
"So if somebody wants to build a coal-powered plant, they can. It's just that it will bankrupt them because they’re going to be charged a huge sum for all that greenhouse gas that's being emitted." -Barack Hussein Obama

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#168 Sep 3, 2012
I am all the way for Romney, look at it this way how much worse can it get, plus his vice pres. is at least something to look at for four yrs! I say we took one dictator down (Bin-Laden) it is time to take down another (Obama)!! Hell they all lie you just vote for the one that lies the best! Somehow America became mentally ignorant 4 yrs ago, smartin up Demos vote Republican this year and get the dictator out of our white house, we need a American and I mean a real one!!
Bill Houston

Midlothian, TX

#169 Sep 3, 2012
Freddy wrote:
I'm voting for Romney. America can't stand another 4 years of that loser we have now.
How has the President touched your life in such a negative way? You seem to have some personal experience to share.
Earl

Charlottesville, VA

#170 Sep 3, 2012
Bill Houston wrote:
<quoted text>How has the President touched your life in such a negative way? You seem to have some personal experience to share.
He is not good at sharing. Why would you think he wants to share?????

Location hidden

#171 Sep 4, 2012
sempron wrote:
"So if somebody wants to build a coal-powered plant, they can. It's just that it will bankrupt them because they’re going to be charged a huge sum for all that greenhouse gas that's being emitted." -Barack Hussein Obama
Republican spin doctors at their finest during the 2008 campaigns...FOX lies once again.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story...

The quote comes from a January 2008 interview with the San Francisco Chronicle; the Obama campaign says the quote is being "wildly" taken out of context, that in the full interview Obama praises coal and says that the idea of eliminating coal is "an illusion."

"The line they pulled out is in the context of cap and trade program," says an Obama spokesperson. "The point Obama is making is that we need to transition from coal burning power plants built with old technology to plants built with advanced technologies -- and that is exactly the action that will be incentivized under a cap and trade program."

Is it being taken unfairly out of context? You be the judge. Here's the entirety of Obama's remarks:

"I voted against the Clear Skies Bill. In fact, I was the deciding vote -- despite the fact that I'm a coal state and that half my state thought that I had thoroughly betrayed them. Because I think clean air is critical and global warming is critical.

"But this notion of no coal, I think, is an illusion. Because the fact of the matter is, is that right now we are getting a lot of our energy from coal. And China is building a coal-powered plant once a week. So what we have to do then is figure out how can we use coal without emitting greenhouse gases and carbon. And how can we sequester that carbon and capture it. If we can't, then we're gonna still be working on alternatives.

"But ... let me sort of describe my overall policy. What I've said is that we would put a cap and trade policy in place that is as aggressive if not more aggressive than anyone out there. I was the first call for 100 percent auction on the cap and trade system. Which means that every unit of carbon or greenhouse gases that was emitted would be charged to the polluter. That will create a market in which whatever technologies are out there that are being presented, whatever power plants are being built, they would have to meet the rigors of that market and the ratcheted-down caps that are imposed every year.

"So if somebody wants to build a coal-powered plant, they can. It's just that it will bankrupt them because they're going to be charged a huge sum for all that greenhouse gas that's being emitted. That will also generate billions of dollars that we can invest in solar, wind, biodiesel, and other alternative energy approaches. The only thing that I've said with respect to coal -- I haven't been some coal booster. What I have said is that for us to take coal off the table as an ideological matter, as opposed to saying if technology allows us to use coal in a clean way, we should pursue it, that I think is the right approach. The same with respect to nuclear. Right now, we don't know how to store nuclear waste wisely and we don't know how to deal with some of the safety issues that remain. And so it's wildly expensive to pursue nuclear energy. But I tell you what, if we could figure out how to store it safely, then I think most of us would say that might be a pretty good deal.

----------

How do you rate your morality and integrity when you willingly post lies and deceptions?

Location hidden

#172 Sep 4, 2012
Beautiful_Disaster421 wrote:
I am all the way for Romney, look at it this way how much worse can it get, plus his vice pres. is at least something to look at for four yrs! I say we took one dictator down (Bin-Laden) it is time to take down another (Obama)!! Hell they all lie you just vote for the one that lies the best! Somehow America became mentally ignorant 4 yrs ago, smartin up Demos vote Republican this year and get the dictator out of our white house, we need a American and I mean a real one!!
Wow....what words. Now, show us all your REASONS for voting for Romney...quote his agenda and how he will create jobs, provide health care to all the Mountaineers suffering cancers from the coal sludge and how the President is a dictator...show us...with links and information and facts. Otherwise, you're nothing more than a sock trying to support Jay's arguments. ;)
nemesis

Charleston, WV

#173 Sep 4, 2012
Vote for old Mitt, he's the same man that owns part of the Factory in Illinois that is laying off 170 workers and shipping the equipment to China. This company makes auto sensors, and they're even making the employees teach the Chinese how to run the equipment before it is boxed up and moved. This crap is what got us where we are, and if you expect any relief under Mitt, you must be smoking the good stuff.

San Angelo, TX

#174 Sep 4, 2012
I don't understand why we would get rid of a president who has nothing but a good track record so far for one who hates any none upperclass white males.

Winfield, WV

#175 Sep 4, 2012
ENEMY_ wrote:
I don't understand why we would get rid of a president who has nothing but a good track record so far for one who hates any none upperclass white males.
Unemployment is up...particularly among blacks. Gas prices up. Average household income down. Food prices up. Borders still not secure. Debt is at astronomical levels.

It's kinda like things were during the Bush years, only worse.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#176 Sep 4, 2012
Cookie_Parker wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow....what words. Now, show us all your REASONS for voting for Romney...quote his agenda and how he will create jobs, provide health care to all the Mountaineers suffering cancers from the coal sludge and how the President is a dictator...show us...with links and information and facts. Otherwise, you're nothing more than a sock trying to support Jay's arguments. ;)
Umm idk who Jay is but you want links?? I tell you what do the research on your own I am not your personal assistant, you must not have seen where I said I vote for whoever lies the best, they are all liers and will say whatever it is you want to hear just as Obama did 4 yrs ago and ppl voted him in, yet he has done nothing but disrespect america and put us in a hole that will take yrs to come out of!!

Since: Sep 11

Charleston, WV

#177 Sep 4, 2012
ENEMY_ wrote:
He has a horrible track record. A net jobs loss for the first time in American history and you people still take up for the guy. LOL wow!

Since: Sep 11

Charleston, WV

#178 Sep 4, 2012
Even Jimmy Carter didn't lose jobs. Come on folks!

Location hidden

#179 Sep 4, 2012
Beautiful_Disaster421 wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm idk who Jay is but you want links?? I tell you what do the research on your own I am not your personal assistant, you must not have seen where I said I vote for whoever lies the best, they are all liers and will say whatever it is you want to hear just as Obama did 4 yrs ago and ppl voted him in, yet he has done nothing but disrespect america and put us in a hole that will take yrs to come out of!!
YOu created the lies...so I guess that's what you're sticking to, huh? You just told a big fat wad of lies you can't back up....I don't believe in telling lies, that why I put the truth and back it up with links.

Here you have it folks, a republican liar, keeping up the unethical and immoral positions of lying that Romney and Ryan have started and stated they will continue to do. If you want the lowest of the low in ethics, then by all means, be a republican. No moral character here...just a lie spreader.

Location hidden

#180 Sep 4, 2012
Louda wrote:
<quoted text>
He has a horrible track record. A net jobs loss for the first time in American history and you people still take up for the guy. LOL wow!
Actually, the republicans have the record, with Bush losing over 2.3 million jobs in his first 5 years.

Republican have slashed programs which means slashed jobs in the Congress...and the tea party governors have slashed tens of thousands of jobs in the state and with teachers as well.

Then there's the republcian refusal to generate jobs.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/19/politics/senate...

Senate Republicans on Thursday blocked the No.1 item on the president's congressional "to-do-list," refusing to allow a vote on a bill that would give tax breaks for companies that "insource" jobs to the U.S. from overseas while eliminating tax deductions for companies that move jobs abroad.

In voting against the bill, Republicans raised both substantive and procedural problems with the measure.

The bill fell four votes short of the 60 needed to bring it to debate, with 42 voting against it. Four GOP senators -- Scott Brown of Massachusetts, Susan Collins and Olympia Snowe of Maine and Dean Heller of Nevada -- voted in favor of the bill.

----------

Republicans STILL fighting to remove more jobs from our nation...they are the jobbywhackers....they are the anti-American workers party.

Location hidden

#181 Sep 4, 2012
Louda wrote:
Even Jimmy Carter didn't lose jobs. Come on folks!
But Reagan did and so did Bush...the republicans in the Congress now are blocking every effort to create jobs and they are proud of the fact they are doing it...because it is more important to them to make the PResident a one term president, than to help the American economy, worker and family.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Which_president_of_...

Or put another way: From 1980 to the end of the Bush 43 administration, all three Republican presidents combined produced, over a period of 20 years, two million fewer jobs than Bill Clinton managed to eke out in eight. Kennedy and Johnson managed to produce 50 percent more jobs in four years than the Bushes did in twelve.(In Bush 43's first term he produced ten thousand jobs.) And as for Carter...the Republicans portray him as a president who could do nothing right, but in his four years he managed to produce nearly as many jobs as Reagan did in his second term--10.3m for Carter, 10.8m for Reagan. Even Eisenhower, one of the few Republican presidents I happen to like, was no good at job creation. His 3.5 million jobs created over eight years were far fewer than the 5.5 million Democrat Harry Truman produced in four. In percentage of increase, Eisenhower's record is similar to Reagan's first term.
Translation: Republicans really don't do this "job creation" thing very well.
If you want to go at it by percent of increase, the president with the best job creation rate in the last 40 years is the last guy you'd ever expect: Jimmy Carter, at 3.1 percent. He beat everyone on the list.

----------

People who give out false information should really be careful there's not someone on the forum who recognizes the dull lies of the right wing.
Mark

Chesapeake, VA

#182 Sep 4, 2012
Owe-Bama wrote:
OMG
Speaking of HOOD" Owe-Bama takes our money and gives it to his peeps in Da Hood! This nation made a horrible mistake 4 years ago.
Speak for yourself! I'm part of this Nation and I didn't make a mistake, cause I dam sure didn't vote for him.
Jan

San Angelo, TX

#183 Sep 4, 2012
I'm voting for Romney.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Loudendale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pls help ? 19 min Heart patient 4
Josh Holbert back in court 23 min 3-eyedCrow 1
Amanda freeman 28 min in the know how 3
Cara Burgess??? She gets around dont she? (Apr '15) 54 min in the know how 8
Kanawha Electric Cuts Pay & hours 1 hr Jimmy 149
hundreds of Sanders delegates walkout convention 2 hr wow 1
Saw where Zach Harless was indicted for B&E Gra... 2 hr Alvin 1

Loudendale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance