PNM breaks ground on county solar plant

PNM breaks ground on county solar plant

There are 8 comments on the The Deming Headlight story from Apr 21, 2011, titled PNM breaks ground on county solar plant. In it, The Deming Headlight reports that:

This image shows potential for generating power via photovoltaic solar arrays. The darker the red, the better potential for generating power.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Deming Headlight.

No No

United States

#1 Apr 22, 2011
That is great news, our electrical rates will finally be going down.
monmorqback

Mcconnelsville, OH

#4 Apr 23, 2011
No No wrote:
That is great news, our electrical rates will finally be going down.
Yes, goody, goody! You are so right! Gone will be the fuel rate adjustments and at last back to reasonable, bargain rate electricity. I will now start shopping for my all electric car with an extra long cord!
I Understand

United States

#5 Apr 23, 2011
I think I know where all this is going to be on Hwy.11, I pass it on my way to town and it's a very large graded field. All I hope is they put a very big high fence around all of this with razor wire on the top, plus a security guard. This may become a big playground for taggers and the home boyz, just hope they protect what they're about to put in very, very well.
Want 2 understand

Los Lunas, NM

#6 Apr 23, 2011
Please help me understand why the article states there will be no permanent jobs. Everyone knows green energy is going to create many, many new jobs.
No No

United States

#7 Apr 23, 2011
Just a guess here, but once the panels are up, maybe they'd take an occasional cleaning with a rag and Windex, but then again that would be a part time job wouldn't it ? Maybe call PNM and ask them.
Tommy Rot

United States

#8 Apr 24, 2011
22.5 percent unemployment, people not eating, drug abuse, and apparently, corruption in the county. But yet Luna County scores a wind energy farm, and now a county solar plant, neither of which will benefit, economically, any large segment of the population. But somebody is benefiting. CHA-CHING!
all the pretty lights

Santa Fe, NM

#9 Apr 24, 2011
Tommy Rot wrote:
22.5 percent unemployment, people not eating, drug abuse, and apparently, corruption in the county. But yet Luna County scores a wind energy farm, and now a county solar plant, neither of which will benefit, economically, any large segment of the population. But somebody is benefiting. CHA-CHING!
Luna County leardership motto ''I have friends I have not even used yet!''
solar wind

United States

#10 Apr 25, 2011
I love it when people comment on things that they don't even understand. You all need to stick to chemistry aka making meth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Los Lunas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Child molester sentenced 33 years later (Dec '11) Jul 5 Justice 3
News Two arrested after officer-involved shooting Fr... Jun 26 The truth 1
News New Mexico clinics close up, disappear with pat... Jun '16 Good Luck 18
Paul Marez Apr '16 Hmmm 1
bfpd Apr '16 Enough 911 1
trafic in main st Apr '16 Enough 2
News Residents voice concern over new probation, par... Apr '16 jcperea 2

Los Lunas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance