Charge upgraded to murder for beating suspect

A Los Lunas teenager faces a murder charge for a brutal beating. Police say they will upgrade charges against Steven Ayers, 16, to first degree murder. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
yeahright

Fort Worth, TX

#1 Aug 31, 2009
Man he looks tough..What about the other prisoners! Are they safe?

Since: Apr 09

Albuquerque, NM

#3 Aug 31, 2009
There is a lack of facts in this story. What was the reasoning for this punk to beat an old man to death? You might think KOB would ask that question, no wait, KOB reporters cut and paste their stories and NEVER go outside into the real world. Hope the punk does life, as in, 30 years flat time with no good time plus any extraneous charges that can be brought up.

cgg

“Here's looking at you”

Since: Mar 09

Albuquerque, NM

#4 Aug 31, 2009
Such a young age to throw your life away, Steven. Grab the spoon and tongs--you are in charge of tossing salads at the pen.
What

Albuquerque, NM

#5 Aug 31, 2009
Eltorro wrote:
There is a lack of facts in this story. What was the reasoning for this punk to beat an old man to death? You might think KOB would ask that question
What the hell does it matter what his "reasoning" was??? The end result is exactly the same.

“Talk is Cheap”

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#6 Aug 31, 2009
"tough boy?" no, actually a punk! A 51 y/0 victim most likely was caught off guard and bushwacked!!!!
davesam55

Korea

#7 Aug 31, 2009
Bamboo is used in alot of construction this way for a reason - it's strength - withoout breaking and for an idea. Bamboo is one of the strongest building materials. Bamboo's tensile strength is "28000" per square inch versus "23000 for steel." - This was a Very Very brutal beating and now accountablity must follow -Does fall into to age grouping for youthful offender being tried as an adult criminal and childrens code.
scholar

Albuquerque, NM

#8 Aug 31, 2009
well that's stickin it to the man...
Hello

Thoreau, NM

#9 Aug 31, 2009
Hello? KOB? Is this all I get to this story? What provocted this kid?

What kind of stupid news reporting is this?
moe

United States

#10 Aug 31, 2009
where the hell did this white trash get a bamboo stick ?
Lived here once

Bernalillo, NM

#11 Aug 31, 2009
I remember the days that children played around Valencia County...Kids could just be kids, now this place is breeding murderers. What has this world come to? Makes me sick!!!!!!!
yoyo

Albuquerque, NM

#12 Aug 31, 2009
why was a 16 y/o beating on a 51 y/o?
The other Dave

Albuquerque, NM

#13 Aug 31, 2009
davesam55 wrote:
Bamboo is used in alot of construction this way for a reason - it's strength - withoout breaking and for an idea. Bamboo is one of the strongest building materials. Bamboo's tensile strength is "28000" per square inch versus "23000 for steel."
Don't believe everything you read on the Web.

In the grain direction, bamboo has a breaking strength in tension (pulling) of around 15,000 pounds per square inch (psi), and it varies depending on the specific plant and the direction it's being loaded (it's comparatively much weaker in bending, for instance). The most commonly used structural steel in construction is A36, which has a breaking strength of 58,000 to 80,000 psi (strength depends somewhat on the cross-sectional shape, because the steps used to shape the steel affect its strength), and many high-strength steels are well above 100,000 psi. It's worth mentioning the fact that the steel is quite predictable and is the same for all samples and all load directions.

None of this has any bearing on the case at hand of the kid beating the man to death, except as a good example of why you shouldn't treat what you read online (even on KOB's site!) as hard facts.
davesam55

Korea

#14 Aug 31, 2009
The other Dave wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't believe everything you read on the Web.
In the grain direction, bamboo has a breaking strength in tension (pulling) of around 15,000 pounds per square inch (psi), and it varies depending on the specific plant and the direction it's being loaded (it's comparatively much weaker in bending, for instance). The most commonly used structural steel in construction is A36, which has a breaking strength of 58,000 to 80,000 psi (strength depends somewhat on the cross-sectional shape, because the steps used to shape the steel affect its strength), and many high-strength steels are well above 100,000 psi. It's worth mentioning the fact that the steel is quite predictable and is the same for all samples and all load directions.
None of this has any bearing on the case at hand of the kid beating the man to death, except as a good example of why you shouldn't treat what you read online (even on KOB's site!) as hard facts.
----------
This was put out for information only.(The damage done to this fellow speaks for itself as far as strength)...I would not want to be on the receiving end is all I'll say. You can ask the Korean National Police how they feel about bamboo used during demonstrations this way - I have seen the results of getting hit first hand (Very bad Indeed)...
cactus jim

Albuquerque, NM

#15 Sep 1, 2009
too bad the death penalty was done away with in this state by the do gooders .this punk deserves death by caning.
just wonderiing

United States

#16 Sep 1, 2009
cactus jim wrote:
too bad the death penalty was done away with in this state by the do gooders .this punk deserves death by caning.
i agree with the cactus on this one. CANE the lousy bast...turd until he croaks. oh wait i'm sure he had a lousy upbringing and he'll come out of the pen a rehabilitated criminal....NOT
Silas

Albuquerque, NM

#17 Sep 1, 2009
Yep - beat him to the death in front of the camera's.....popcorn...peanuts ....
Hal

Santa Rosa, NM

#18 Sep 1, 2009
Silas wrote:
Yep - beat him to the death in front of the camera's.....popcorn...peanuts ....
Move to Northern Pakistan where the Taliban regularly does this type of thing. You'll fit right in. One more uncivilized cretin in their group.

“we're back!”

Since: Aug 09

around the corner

#19 Sep 1, 2009
Is it racially motivated? DON'T MATTER, he has some time to think about it. When he finishes his sentence, that'll be the time to decide if he has learned anything, God speed.

“we're back!”

Since: Aug 09

around the corner

#20 Sep 1, 2009
I would say the kid was provoked by the old man's smarts. The kiddoe was hopelessly seeing himself as he gets old but, going back to racially motive, that man didn't deserve to live. He gets the bamboo stick from the old man's Korean war experience, and uses it on the older fragile man. A few kicks, a few punches to finish. Two lives ended.
WorkingStiff

Albuquerque, NM

#21 Sep 1, 2009
davesam55 wrote:
<quoted text>
----------
This was put out for information only.(The damage done to this fellow speaks for itself as far as strength)...I would not want to be on the receiving end is all I'll say. You can ask the Korean National Police how they feel about bamboo used during demonstrations this way - I have seen the results of getting hit first hand (Very bad Indeed)...
Sounds like you got bamboozled.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Los Lunas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Main Street Muscle & Fitness Center (Apr '14) Fri Customer 10
Los Lunas homes showing foundation problems (Jan '08) Oct 4 jra709 183
NM utility works on 3 new solar power centers Sep '14 Solarman 9
250 manufacturing jobs coming to Los Lunas Aug '14 John Ingram 1
missing girl (Jan '12) Aug '14 sidali guerine 3
Sheriff is Dirty handed in Valencia County (Apr '09) Jun '14 Schmuckrivera 104
Sheriff elections 2014 May '14 Rmorales32 1
Los Lunas Dating
Find my Match

Los Lunas Jobs