NM police officer shoots, kills man (4:13 p.m.)

A Los Lunas police officer has shot and killed a man after officers responded to a domestic violence call Tuesday afternoon. Full Story
John Thomas

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Mar 29, 2011
SWEET!!!!!
LC Today

Las Cruces, NM

#2 Mar 29, 2011
One less moron on this planet.
jesus

Las Cruces, NM

#3 Mar 29, 2011
Thank goodness the officer is okay and can go home to his family. Many forget the officer is the victim of an attempted murder and aggravated assault, I pray he is okay.
blue

Farmington, NM

#4 Mar 29, 2011
Can't ask for a better sight picture

“Irony, metaphor, film @ eleven”

Since: Feb 08

Old Mesilla/New Las Cruces

#5 Mar 29, 2011
Cops go to the target range and practice hitting
what they aim at.

Silly rabbits make pretty big targets.

Funerals are always cheaper than trials and jails.

The rabbit asked for it and he got it.
If dead was "it", he sure got it.
Annoyed

Albuquerque, NM

#6 Mar 29, 2011
Good!! the officer goes home!!!
Free to all who cross

Las Cruces, NM

#7 Mar 29, 2011
God bless this police officer for "doing the do" and making life better for all of us! I hope he gets the backup and support he will need dealing with what he did to make all of our lives better! You are a true hero! Thank you for making our lives safer! I am so proud of people like this that step up to the plate and rid society of such horrible scum! AWESOME! May God be with you!
citizen

United States

#8 Mar 29, 2011
AN EYE FOR AN EYE, A TOOTH FOR A TOOTH, YOU SHOOT A BULLET AT ME, I'LL SHOOT YOU TWO.
Good shot officer. Sounds like total self defense to me.
Dave

Nashville, TN

#9 Mar 30, 2011
This is a no win situation for everyone. The officer has to deal with the emotions associated with this incident. The woman has to deal with the results, she may very well have loved him and could have been dependent on his income to survive. If this goes the way most situations do in our state, the family will sue the police and anyone else they can think of and get a settlement paid for by the tax payers.
Duh

Albuquerque, NM

#10 Mar 30, 2011
Dave wrote:
This is a no win situation for everyone. The officer has to deal with the emotions associated with this incident. The woman has to deal with the results, she may very well have loved him and could have been dependent on his income to survive. If this goes the way most situations do in our state, the family will sue the police and anyone else they can think of and get a settlement paid for by the tax payers.
Settlement? for what?

oh I forgot the mentality of the the mother (family) my mijito didn't do anything wrong.

Don't worry about the woman, she'll find another a..hole to beat her a..
for its a sure cinch that its what the woman is accustomed too.

And the officer (thumbs up to you) are trained to kill and defend themselves. Good job.
Dave

United States

#11 Mar 31, 2011
Duh wrote:
<quoted text>
Settlement? for what?
oh I forgot the mentality of the the mother (family) my mijito didn't do anything wrong.
Don't worry about the woman, she'll find another a..hole to beat her a..
for its a sure cinch that its what the woman is accustomed too.
And the officer (thumbs up to you) are trained to kill and defend themselves. Good job.
I don't beleive for one minute the officer did anything wrong. Our state has a history of settling these types of suits out of court even though the office was in the right. If they do get sued, they need to stand their ground.
ftw

Tucumcari, NM

#12 Jul 15, 2011
its ok for them to shoot to kill anybody but wen the books r turned its wrong there no better them we r just that they hide behind there badge punks

“Irony, metaphor, film @ eleven”

Since: Feb 08

Old Mesilla/New Las Cruces

#13 Jul 15, 2011
ftw wrote:
its ok for them to shoot to kill anybody but wen the books r turned its wrong there no better them we r just that they hide behind there badge punks
U no speekle inglech?
suv

Grantsville, UT

#14 Mar 9, 2013
Good cop bad cop?
suv

Grantsville, UT

#15 Mar 9, 2013
ain't you walls

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Los Lunas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NM utility works on 3 new solar power centers Sep 6 Solarman 9
250 manufacturing jobs coming to Los Lunas Aug 29 John Ingram 1
Review: Main Street Muscle & Fitness Center Aug '14 Nikki 5
missing girl (Jan '12) Aug '14 sidali guerine 3
Sheriff is Dirty handed in Valencia County (Apr '09) Jun '14 Schmuckrivera 104
Sheriff elections 2014 May '14 Rmorales32 1
NM Republican Martinez claims NM governor's seat (Nov '10) May '14 kyle richards 232
•••
•••

Los Lunas Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Los Lunas People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Los Lunas News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Los Lunas
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••