Escape locks down Los Lunas prison

Escape locks down Los Lunas prison

There are 34 comments on the KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico story from Apr 8, 2008, titled Escape locks down Los Lunas prison. In it, KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico reports that:

The residents of the Central New Mexico Correctional Facility were locked down in the cells Tuesday after a prisoner walked away from the prison Tuesday morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
CHRONIC

Albuquerque, NM

#23 Mar 15, 2011
Shyt... I got convicted in Albuquerque, When I was locked up in Los Lunas LvL2 I knew so many guards I partied with on the streets. I had Bobs Burgers, LotaBurger, Sonic, Allsup's chimi'z and not to mention some chronic... I kept my source on the low low can't trust any1 in prison to keep their mouth shut... This guard is still doing an awsome job @ C.N.M.C.F

Since: Dec 10

Albuquerque

#24 Mar 15, 2011
Until the rich pay their fair share in taxes again, we'll have an underfunded correctional system, and lots of people who need to be locked up but not enough room for them.

If only Eisenhower were still President. During his administration the wealthy paid a percentage of their income about 4 times higher than they do now, and the crime rate was a fraction of what it is now. People did bad things and they almost always went to prison.
Former employee

El Paso, TX

#25 Apr 20, 2011
I worked there and depending on his custody level meaning minimum through maximum it could be very easy or very hard to just walk out. If he was a minimum restrict inmate its very easy to get up and go not much in his way bad news for him when he gets caught he is looking at a lot more time and no more cushy minimum security
Gina

Albuquerque, NM

#26 Sep 25, 2011
Why should the immates be locked down for other inmates problems

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#27 Sep 25, 2011
Maybe they should lock down the prison before someone escapes.

In other words keep the doors locked, it is a prison, right?

If we lock our doors to our homes what is wrong with those hired to run prisons and control the prisoners making sure that all doors are locked?
monica medina

Atlanta, TX

#28 Aug 6, 2013
Hi im lookin for my bby carlos fr carlsbad county jail please get at ur babygirl monica lotz love
valerie

Roswell, NM

#29 Jan 10, 2016
Los lunas prison needs severe attention ,inmates are being abused
valerie

Roswell, NM

#30 Jan 10, 2016
They have air conditioners on won't turn off,it is winter.and food given too them my dog wouldn't eat
melanie

Albuquerque, NM

#31 Jan 10, 2016
valerie wrote:
They have air conditioners on won't turn off,it is winter.and food given too them my dog wouldn't eat
Can't do the time, don't do the crime. Your lucky you're not in an open air cage where you belong, criminal scumbag.
Marie

United States

#32 Jan 10, 2016
CHRONIC wrote:
Shyt... I got convicted in Albuquerque, When I was locked up in Los Lunas LvL2 I knew so many guards I partied with on the streets. I had Bobs Burgers, LotaBurger, Sonic, Allsup's chimi'z and not to mention some chronic... I kept my source on the low low can't trust any1 in prison to keep their mouth shut... This guard is still doing an awsome job @ C.N.M.C.F
WHAT? Holy Mother Mary, this is a joke, right? I live close to the prison.
Susan L

United States

#33 Jan 10, 2016
Former employee wrote:
I worked there and depending on his custody level meaning minimum through maximum it could be very easy or very hard to just walk out. If he was a minimum restrict inmate its very easy to get up and go not much in his way bad news for him when he gets caught he is looking at a lot more time and no more cushy minimum security
How long you live in NM? The judge will slap his hand & make him promise to never ever do it again. Boys will be boys.
Donald N

United States

#34 Jan 10, 2016
Susan L wrote:
<quoted text>
How long you live in NM? The judge will slap his hand & make him promise to never ever do it again. Boys will be boys.
The Governor better take immediate action to improve our prisons before something happens instead of hosting Xmas parties & luncheons.
Jeffi

United States

#35 Jan 11, 2016
CallousOneToo wrote:
>>> "The prison will stay on lockdown while authorities attempt to determine how Romero managed to walk away."
He walked away because there wasn't enough security? So therefore he could. And then opted to use feet & legs.
Pretty much a no-brainer.
What a joke, just walked out? Place is prison riot ready to happen!
Peter R

United States

#36 Jan 11, 2016
Jeffi wrote:
<quoted text>
What a joke, just walked out? Place is prison riot ready to happen!
Everyone in Los Lunas carries a gun in case this occurs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Los Lunas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Child molester sentenced 33 years later (Dec '11) Apr 29 Hmmm 2
Paul Marez Apr 29 Hmmm 1
bfpd Apr '16 Enough 911 1
trafic in main st Apr '16 Enough 2
News Residents voice concern over new probation, par... Apr '16 jcperea 2
hovering sound in the night sky. Apr '16 xlizz 1
News Los Lunas homes showing foundation problems (Jan '08) Apr '16 Lomar 194
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Los Lunas Mortgages