Los Gatos Police To Make 'Major Annou...

Los Gatos Police To Make 'Major Announcement' In Achilli Killing

There are 54 comments on the NBC 11 San Francisco Bay Area story from Mar 31, 2008, titled Los Gatos Police To Make 'Major Announcement' In Achilli Killing. In it, NBC 11 San Francisco Bay Area reports that:

The Los Gatos/Monte Sereno Police Department will hold a news conference Monday at 3 p.m. to announce "major developments" in the Mark Achilli murder investigation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 11 San Francisco Bay Area.

Free Paul Garcia

United States

#22 Apr 3, 2008
Paul Garcia is honestly what I believe to be innocent. After the court's decision to postpone the hearing till Friday, April 4th, due to lack of evidence, I am shocked that the justice system is still keeping Paul in custody. From what I've heard, Mark Achilli wasn't exactly a stand up gentleman.(I have heard about this from people like my father, who was a technition for 7 up bottling company, and who became acquainted with more than just one person who dropped the Achilli name with an upset tone) I am in no way condoning the actions of whomever shot him down, but I am just trying to point out that many people apparently had it out for him. Even his family and friends mentioned in interviews that during the last few weeks of his life they were constantly looking over their shoulders. That, in a way, shows that he wasn't an "all around good guy". At the same time, I think that the police force in a way jumped the gun in accusing Paul Garcia. All of the allegations that have been made toward him are just what I consider to be an "easy out". They are just twisted rumors that paint a pretty picture. These rumors have no cold hard facts to support them. The police and FBI need to lay off the dough nuts and work a little bit harder in my opinion. Perhaps if they actually focused, than they would be able to gather real evidence and find the real murderer of Mark Achilli. Paul is a handsome, intelligent young man whom has his whole life ahead of him. Why would anything/anyone be able to sway his life decisions? It is just a shame that in this scene, of the play that is our lives, he had to be cast as the monster, when in reality he is just another hardworking, loving cast member. And what truly disappoints me is that even if Paul is proven to be not guilty, his as if his whole reputation will be tainted. It reminds me of the book "the Scarlet Letter". I am just saddened that Paul and his family are having to deal with this situation.
Skeptic

United States

#23 Apr 3, 2008
The police are more interested in a conviction, than whether they got the right guy. If they can pin it on someone they will.
Christina

Moorestown, NJ

#24 Apr 3, 2008
Just wanted to let NBC11 know that you put the wrong face for the Garcia suspect. In the report with Vicky Nguyen, you guys sat that the main suspect is Garcia, but NBC11 put the wrong picture up. NBC 11 ended up putting a picture of Daniel Chaidez, who is also said to be involved. I think that a correction should be made since he is not the main suspect
Christina

Moorestown, NJ

#25 Apr 3, 2008
Yes... I know they put the wrong face as the main suspect... thats messed up because if Daniel didn't do anything that involving, they are putting his face all over making it seem like the baddest of the group!!!! Just goes to show how much Media get their fact "right." I hope NBC11 Makes a correction and lets their audience know who is the main suspect.....
Concerned Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
1.The NBC reporter, Vicky Nguyen, got there late and did not get her facts right.
2.She picked the brownest guy in the line up.
Paul Garcia is a well known and respected member of the community. A Bellermine and San Jose State graduate. Ask around many people will tell you Paul Garcia was an upright citizen and the last person anyone would think would do such a thing.
Los Gatos Police....You got the wrong guy.
Innocent

Courtland, CA

#26 Apr 3, 2008
Free Paul Garcia wrote:
Paul Garcia is honestly what I believe to be innocent. After the court's decision to postpone the hearing till Friday, April 4th, due to lack of evidence, I am shocked that the justice system is still keeping Paul in custody. From what I've heard, Mark Achilli wasn't exactly a stand up gentleman.(I have heard about this from people like my father, who was a technition for 7 up bottling company, and who became acquainted with more than just one person who dropped the Achilli name with an upset tone) I am in no way condoning the actions of whomever shot him down, but I am just trying to point out that many people apparently had it out for him. Even his family and friends mentioned in interviews that during the last few weeks of his life they were constantly looking over their shoulders. That, in a way, shows that he wasn't an "all around good guy". At the same time, I think that the police force in a way jumped the gun in accusing Paul Garcia. All of the allegations that have been made toward him are just what I consider to be an "easy out". They are just twisted rumors that paint a pretty picture. These rumors have no cold hard facts to support them. The police and FBI need to lay off the dough nuts and work a little bit harder in my opinion. Perhaps if they actually focused, than they would be able to gather real evidence and find the real murderer of Mark Achilli. Paul is a handsome, intelligent young man whom has his whole life ahead of him. Why would anything/anyone be able to sway his life decisions? It is just a shame that in this scene, of the play that is our lives, he had to be cast as the monster, when in reality he is just another hardworking, loving cast member. And what truly disappoints me is that even if Paul is proven to be not guilty, his as if his whole reputation will be tainted. It reminds me of the book "the Scarlet Letter". I am just saddened that Paul and his family are having to deal with this situation.
Thank you for your insightful opinion. Paul is innocent and I can say this because I know him. Everyone that has said anything negative about him doesn't know him.
I think that in order to put the los gatos community at ease the police did scurry to find someone to put this horrible crime on. The very sad thing is that they put it on an innocent person that doesn't deserve any of this.
aal

San Jose, CA

#27 Apr 4, 2008
how does that sound fishy? people buy bars all the time... does that make any ill harm done to the previous owner come from the new owner?
SRo wrote:
"He 'bought' two bars within the past year from the victim....." That sounds a little fishy to me......
aal

San Jose, CA

#28 Apr 4, 2008
he also owned multiple homes from years of hard work, as well as a successful real estate company.. you should take ur mexican lingo and go back to whatever dump speaks that before you say such untrue/hurtful things.
Chema wrote:
Hey, a high school coach buys 2 bars . Come on esea, you know the fedia came from drugs. These vatos were dirty, all of them. I hope they hang the putos. God rest your soul Mark.
all guilty

San Jose, CA

#29 Apr 7, 2008
those guys are ALL guilty, just wait and see.
Innocent

Courtland, CA

#30 Apr 7, 2008
all guilty wrote:
those guys are ALL guilty, just wait and see.
Paul Garcia is innocent. They have nothing...you wait and see.
vanessa

Fremont, CA

#31 Apr 18, 2008
The man that you call "Paul Garcia" shown on the video is not Paul Garcia.
Professor Pat

Los Altos, CA

#32 Apr 21, 2008
Innocent wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your insightful opinion. Paul is innocent and I can say this because I know him. Everyone that has said anything negative about him doesn't know him.
I think that in order to put the los gatos community at ease the police did scurry to find someone to put this horrible crime on. The very sad thing is that they put it on an innocent person that doesn't deserve any of this.
now evidence is coming forth that shows pauly puto shelled out 10 grand to eliminate his business/romantic rival. What a cold-blooded sociopath--to him a life ain't even worth the value of 2006 chevy cavalier...i hope they impose the death penalty although i think i read somewhere that that option is not on the table...
MACK

Athens, GA

#33 May 21, 2008
How dare you say that Mark "wasn't a stand up guy"
You have a lot of nerve saying that about someone who was just murdered.
PAUL IS GUILTY!
Neighbor

United States

#34 Jun 18, 2008
All of you who are accusing people of killing or having involvement with the death of Mark Achilli, should not be speaking because you do not know these people directly. I understand we all want justice, what happened to Achilli was unfortunate, but i think we can all say at time we have not been a great person. Everyone makes mistake that doesnt deserve death. I have known Paul for 27 years, i have lived across from him my whole life. Paul may have been involved in a scandalous love affair BUT he was making amends with his fiance. He had the bars why would he need to kill the guy ???? Makes no sense. I am so tired of people saying he should die, its just not right. I watch his mother grieving because now she has lost her son that is INNOCENT. I agree LG police were in a rush to get someone. The court date have been drug on and on due to lack of evidence but for whatever reason he remains in custody.

Why is no one looking at the girlfriend???? If she was so devistated by Achilli's death why was she out 2 days later drinking at the clubs in LG with her mom? Or what about Achilli's wife. The were separated, not legally divorced and not living in the same house and Achilli was seeing this little girl, wasnt his wife a little jealous? I am not trying to accuse anyone but having watched the police tear apart Paul's home on multiple occasions just sickens me and then to canvas our neighborhood interviewing neighbors, i am not sure what they expected to find but 90% of the neighborhood has been there since 1980 we all have grown up together.

I truly hope the police find the right guy. And please lets all be mature and stop calling people names, imagine being in his position. Paul is not a sociopath, in fact he is the most laid back calm guy i know. He is very successful for his age and it was not achieved illegally, it was due to hard work and determination.
Professor Pat

Los Altos, CA

#35 Jun 30, 2008
Neighbor wrote:
All of you who are accusing people of killing or having involvement with the death of Mark Achilli, should not be speaking because you do not know these people directly. I understand we all want justice, what happened to Achilli was unfortunate, but i think we can all say at time we have not been a great person. Everyone makes mistake that doesnt deserve death. I have known Paul for 27 years, i have lived across from him my whole life. Paul may have been involved in a scandalous love affair BUT he was making amends with his fiance. He had the bars why would he need to kill the guy ???? Makes no sense. I am so tired of people saying he should die, its just not right. I watch his mother grieving because now she has lost her son that is INNOCENT. I agree LG police were in a rush to get someone. The court date have been drug on and on due to lack of evidence but for whatever reason he remains in custody.
Why is no one looking at the girlfriend???? If she was so devistated by Achilli's death why was she out 2 days later drinking at the clubs in LG with her mom? Or what about Achilli's wife. The were separated, not legally divorced and not living in the same house and Achilli was seeing this little girl, wasnt his wife a little jealous? I am not trying to accuse anyone but having watched the police tear apart Paul's home on multiple occasions just sickens me and then to canvas our neighborhood interviewing neighbors, i am not sure what they expected to find but 90% of the neighborhood has been there since 1980 we all have grown up together.
I truly hope the police find the right guy. And please lets all be mature and stop calling people names, imagine being in his position. Paul is not a sociopath, in fact he is the most laid back calm guy i know. He is very successful for his age and it was not achieved illegally, it was due to hard work and determination.
You are living in the land of denial...this is a slam dunk case...Paul is going down big time...the cops have established a strong paper trail linking him to the killing of Mark. Add in eyewitness testimony, as well as the participants' in the murder turning state's evidence pointing the finger at Paul and any juror with half a brain is gonna find him guilty, guilty, guilty.
Bob

Union City, CA

#36 Dec 16, 2008
I am willing to keep an open mind through this case, but if Paul is really this innocent, completely disconnected character, then why are the Chaidez brothers and the shooter connecting Paul as the ordering and financing the murder. The Chaidez brother are claiming to make the calls setting up the murder under Paul's orders, then getting the financing from Paul. If we cut Paul out of the picture then where did the Chaidez brothers get the funds to pay the shooter? Furthermore, if we claim that it was the "girlfriend" or "wife" or Achilli, that would imply that the Chaidez brothers are covering for this female figure by pinning it on Paul. Could be true, however I argue that what is stopping the brother from turning in whoever ran the show because they have nothing to loose; they are already going to the joint so it is only plausible that they are being truthful by turning in Paul.
Unless one of you Paul supporters can provide some sort of non bullshit argument on how Paul is innocent the Jury is going to see Paul as guilty. This argument based on spec that "Paul is a nice guy if you know him, he would never do this" just doesn't hold up. If this was turned around and it was the girlfriend convicted there would be a whole other stream of posts about how she is a great person if you know her, revealing that no one really knows anyone. We can't just label someone innocent when all evidence points at that person, just because we lived next to them for 20 years.
PaulDidIt

San Jose, CA

#37 Dec 30, 2008
They DON'T have the wrong guy. Paul Garcia thought he was above the law, he was jaded by his so called "status". In fact he was not as successful as one migh think. He was overextended in his finances, he lived well beyond his means and the killing of Mark would solve two of his problems, so he thought. He would "get the girl" and he would have some breathing room for a large promissary note due to Mark for the bar purchases. You ought to get your head out of the sand and realize that LGPD DOES have the right guy and he's gonna go down big time at the Big "Q". Sad part is he may never see the gas chamber as he's #644 on the list to have a reservation. California will let him live comfortably in his cell with a tv and 3 square meals a day until his time comes, and hopefully it does, sooner than later. While I feel sorry for the family and the brothers because their livliehoods have been compromised, I'm not sorry for Paul, he is getting what he deserves. Wake up people and see he has everyone snowed, big time. Well, except that DA that is!
PaulDidIt

San Jose, CA

#38 Dec 30, 2008
Professor Pat you need to go back to school and get a degree in logic sir. The fact that you lived next door to Mr. Garcia has NO bearing on his innocence. Someone lived next door to Scott Peterson for years too, does that make him innocent, I don't think so! Paul Garcia was once a fairly well respected man of the community and football coach. That does not exclude him from murder. It is unfortunate that you cannot see the facts, let me take a few moments to expound (big word) on them for you:
1. Garcia bought two bars from Mark that had two sets of books. Supposedly the bars were very successful. If that's the case why would Mark and his partner sell the bars? Because they just wanted to be nice? I happen to know that Mountain Charley's was indeed in financial trouble, could not pay it's vendors, was on COD with numerous liquor companies and was basically not living up to the claims of being profitable by it's previous owners. This combined with the "girlfriend" situation between Tessa, Mark and Paul was too much for Paul to handle. He was losing huge amounts of money, couldn't hold onto the girl he wanted and lost it.
LGPD did a great job as is the DA and Paul WILL be convicted, there are too many "coincidences" to think that there won't be a conviction unless something dramatic comes to light.
You're living in a dreamworld and really should look at this entire case objectively, not just because Paul Garcia was your neighbor. Good cops go bad, judges go bad, even US Presidents go bad, don't think that your good friend Paul Garcia didn't go bad, because he did, and he will pay the price in time.
PaulDidIt

San Jose, CA

#39 Dec 30, 2008
Has that "crack" pipe worn out yet! What murder trial are you watching, I'm assuming that you have some to your senses since you wrote your "blurb" that he's innocent. Not even close he's as guilty as Scott Peterson even more so because there are so many witnesses that will contribute to the trial talking about his brazen personality and pompus outlook that he'll never be convicted because he's such a good guy. What baffles me is that all of you folks have fallen into his mezermizing trance and are drinking his "cool-aid".
Get real people, he's the centerpiece of this trial, he's orchestrated it all but did none of the dirty work, keeping his hands clean of blood but there is blood on his conscience for sure.
The DA will get a conviction, there is little doubt. I just hope his family can move on, they on the other hand are very nice people and certainly don't deserve this, he has ruined the family business and many other lives in his path of destruction. I'm sure Paul regrets his decision to creat a murder for hire scheme, his attempt to be a "soprano" didn't pan out. He should have stuck to trying to make his businesses work instead of concentrating on Tessa Donnelly. Bad decisions in life sometimes have devastating outcomes.
correction Pauldidit

Vallejo, CA

#40 Jan 4, 2009
that professor you are talking about thinks paul did it too. The neighbor is a different poster.
Dumb and Dumber

San Jose, CA

#41 Mar 7, 2009
Dear Mr Neighbor,I hope you have been following the case and now can see just how innocent your respected neighbor Paul Garcia is. You won't have to worry now because he is behind bars, but if you knew what we all know now about Paul Garcia I bet you would have locked your doors a little tighter and slept with one eye opened knowing that a sociopath lived next door to you. And as far as your look at the wife theory shame on you. She's probably gone through more pain than any of us will ever comprehend. Perhaps your misguided compassion should have been saved for the real victims involved. Yes, I mean the families.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Los Gatos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump Hermaphrodite Proof Seized. 1 hr Nate 5
Andy Capp's Tavern 1972-1975 (Nov '12) 18 hr Emiliedsm 15
Are you bored and horny text me !! (Nov '14) Sun bolton budt crudd 7
News Saratoga proposes firearm safety ordinance May 19 WTF 2
Trump Goes into maggot state May 16 Bone Spurs Buttal... 5
News Business owners fed up with recent vandalism-spree (Sep '14) May 3 Well Well 11
stolen harley 77 shovelhead thursday hwy 17 Dec '17 Toopy1 1

Los Gatos Jobs

Personal Finance

Los Gatos Mortgages