3 die, 5 seriously injured in wreck o...

3 die, 5 seriously injured in wreck on 152

There are 7 comments on the The Modesto Bee story from Apr 7, 2007, titled 3 die, 5 seriously injured in wreck on 152. In it, The Modesto Bee reports that:

Three people from Madera died, and five others suffered major injuries, in an accident Friday on Highway 152 west of Pacheco Pass. via The Modesto Bee

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Modesto Bee.

Justice

Fresno, CA

#1 Apr 8, 2007
What a shame that 3 people had to die for some kid's impatience.
GRETCHEN DODDS

Hollister, CA

#2 Apr 9, 2007
MY HUSBAND AND I SAT IN TRAFFIC COMPLETLY STOPPED FOR TWO HOURS WE WERE TRAVELING EAST ON OUR WAY TO PARADISE , CALIFORNIA TO BE WITH FAMILY FOR EASTER , I AM SO VERY SORRY TO THE FAMILIES OF THE DECEASED AND THE INJURED MY THOUGHTS HAVE BEEN WITH YOU YOU ALL SCINCE THAT EVENING AT 6:00 PM I AM ALSO SICKENED THAT THE OTHER DRIVER CAUSED SO MUCH LOSS AND DEVESTATION AND WALKED AWAY WITH OUT A SCRATCH ALL TO GET NOWHERE A LITTLE FASTER
A witness

United States

#3 Apr 10, 2007
Don't believe everything you read! The people in the suburban had been drinking, speeding and had a hard time keeping it in their lane. The Suburban moved to the right lane, when the Honda started to pass the suburban came over on the Honda. The Honda went into the center divide, lost control and came back into the Suburban. There were beer cans everywhere. It seems the only people in a hurry to get to the party were the ones drinking and NOT wearing seat belts. I witnessed it and was on the scene.
GRETCHEN DODDS

Hollister, CA

#4 Apr 10, 2007
FIRST OF ALL I AM FROM MORGAN HILL, I AM RESPONDING TO THE COMMENT OF THE WITNESS, YOU ARE SOOO VERY RIGHT , ALCOHOL AND NO SEAT BELTS DO NOT MAKE SENSE I WAS UNAWARE OF THIS CAUSE THE NEWS PAPER DID NOT REPORT ANY OF THIS, I ONLY POSTED CAUSE THE REPORTS SAID MUCH DIFFERENT, IT WAS HONDA DRIVERS FAULT JUST TO PASS SUBURBAN, ANYHOW PEOPLE DIED AND I FEEL BAD.
Justice

Palo Alto, CA

#5 Apr 11, 2007
A witness wrote:
Don't believe everything you read! The people in the suburban had been drinking, speeding and had a hard time keeping it in their lane. The Suburban moved to the right lane, when the Honda started to pass the suburban came over on the Honda. The Honda went into the center divide, lost control and came back into the Suburban. There were beer cans everywhere. It seems the only people in a hurry to get to the party were the ones drinking and NOT wearing seat belts. I witnessed it and was on the scene.
Did you give your statement to the police? If it is as you say, you should testify on behalf of the driver of the Honda, otherwise he will certainly do jail/prison time. Not one of the 19 news reports mentioned alcohol as a potential contributer to the accident. Usually the media would jump all over this. If the driver of the Suburban was drinking it will be public knowledge shortly since I'm sure he gave blood at the hospital during treatment for his injuries. If the passengers were drinking or not wearing seatbelts, it may be poor judgement (and illegal in California) but, it would be hard to prove that either directly contributed to the accident. On the otherhand, it will be hard to prove that the driver of the Honda did not directly contribute to the cause of the accident. When I drove by the accident there were no beer cans, just body bags.
ozzie

Antioch, CA

#6 Apr 13, 2007
My prayers are going to the family in the suburban...but, why are people so neglagable either on I-5 or 152....so much momentum built on I-5 that it comntinous on 152?!...whats the hurry?? I gone here at least once a week and i'm from the bay area...lemme tell you folks are nuts in the bay...you have to be more defensive and observant..so, why is it that soon you in more open not so populated roads do people drive way too fast and most of all tailgaters are notorious....this isn't sears point...when driving this fast it feels like you don't give a care for yourself of others on the road...we all wanna get home...right!?...so, lets all get home in one piece or another...hope someone listens!!!

Since: Apr 07

San Francisco, CA

#7 Apr 20, 2007
Why is there nothing being done to make this highway safer??? My Aunt was killed in March on this highway as well. only 24 hours later, in almost the same spot, someone else lost their life as well. How many more deaths is it going to take for someone to see that something needs to be done. I am sure others feel the same way as i do. So now i ask of everyone to voice their feels too. We need to contact our county and state legislators to seriously look at making this highway safer. Please either go to their website and email our elected officials. My one voice may not do much, but together we can have our voices stand out. Make a stand for what you want.

US Senator Barbara Boxer
email: http://boxer.senate.gov/contact/email/policy ....

US Senator Diane Feinstein
email: http://feinstein.senate.gov/email.html

U.S. Congressman Rep. Dennis Cardoza 2222 M Street Suite 305, Merced, CA 95340
email: http://www.house.gov/cardoza/contact.shtml

California Senator Jeff Denham, 1640 N St., Suite 210, Merced, CA 95340
email: http://republican.sen.ca.gov/web/12/

California Assemblywoman Cathleen Galgiani, 806 West 18th Street, Merced, CA 95340
email: http://democrats.assembly.ca.gov/members/a17/

County Board of Supervisors 2222 M Street, Merced, CA 95340 District Five Jerry O'Banion -

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Los Banos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What happened to Lindsey Gilmore Wed Lbc209 1
Josh Allen (Dec '16) Aug '17 Steamboat 4
Do you know Mike who owns the LampLighter Apts ... (Nov '16) Jul '17 StillAliveHere 25
News Mom of dead teen chooses forgiveness over anger (Mar '07) Jul '17 Joe paioni 7
delhi secret sex (Feb '15) May '17 Bella Esmail Moor... 2
How have you been treated by Dos Palos Police? (Oct '06) Apr '17 Just sayin 52
Nagy Edrisse Vs Marriott Int. (Jan '11) Mar '17 kopikat 7

Los Banos Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Los Banos Mortgages