Culver City police officer shoots una...

Culver City police officer shoots unarmed man to death

There are 37 comments on the LA Daily News story from Nov 9, 2008, titled Culver City police officer shoots unarmed man to death. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

A Culver City police officer shot and killed an unarmed man who had his hand in his waistband during a traffic stop Saturday, authorities said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
magicman32

Keller, TX

#1 Nov 9, 2008
GOOD!!! One less piece of trash on the streets!!
kaylin

Riverside, CA

#3 Nov 11, 2008
thats fucked up..it doesnt matter about the race
kaylin

Riverside, CA

#4 Nov 11, 2008
its doesnt matter on race...it pure fucked up
White Girl

Santa Ana, CA

#5 Nov 11, 2008
Oh yeah...these guys sound like outstanding citizens....I hope the cop is ok...screw the dirtbags...roll around pointing a gun at people cause your a ganster...die/ get arrested like one.
JUSTICE

Cypress, CA

#6 Nov 16, 2008
FIRST OFF PEOPLE SHOULD NOT JUDGE BECAUSE THEY DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO! THAT DOES NOT GIVE THE RIGHT TO SOME PIECE OF CRAP COP TO COME AND TAKE SOMEONES LIFE AWAY AND HOW DO PEOPLE NOW IF IT WAS A GANGESTER?(WHITE GIRL )WHERE YOU THERE BECAUSE IF YOU WHERE I WOULD LIKE A WORD WITH YOU.
NOW YOU (MAGICMAN32)WHO AND WHAT ARE YOU ARE YOU LIKE A PEDIFILE UNDER COVER. YOU ARE THE DAM PICE OF TRASH
OK LAST BUT NOT LEAST MR (GORGE WARMONGR) HA NOW YOU MUST BE A WHITE PIECE OF CRAP NOW HUH ARNT YOU GO HOME TO YOUR MOTHERS LIKE A GOOD LITTLE FREAK OF NATURE!!!!!!!!!!THANK YOU ILL BE HERE ALL WEEK HA
MR JEW

Cypress, CA

#7 Nov 16, 2008
FIRST OF ALL SOME OF YOU LITTLE PIGGIES SMELL LIKE BACON NO MATTER WHERE YOU GUYS ARE AT I CAN SMELL ONE A MILE AWAY.. SO LISTEN HERE LITTLE PIGGY YOU GUYS THINK YOU ARE SO RUFF WITH BAGGES AND A BLUE UNIFORM BUT YOU GUYS ARE THE BIGEST GANG THERE IS, WHEN THE RANPART SCANDAL CRACKED OPEN PEOLPE GOT A TASTE OF WHAT SOME OF US GO THROUGH IN COMMUNTYS WHERE COPS DO WHAT EVER THEY WANT. WHEN SOMEONE FROM YOUR FAMILY GETS KILED FEEL FREE TO CONTACT US AT OCTOBER 22ND COALTION TO STOP LITTLE PIGGYS FROM KILLING INNOCENT PEOPLE. YOU CAN FIND US IN THE WEB OR CALL 1800NOBRUTALITY POLICE BRUTALITY IS REAL DO YOU GUYS REMEBER MAY THE FIRST IN MACARTHER PARK I'M GLAD THAT SOMEREPORTERS GOT THERE ASS KICKED THAT DAY IT TOOK THAT FOR THESE COWARD REPORTERS TO REALLY HAVE GUTS TO BRING IT TO LIFE TO THE PUBLIC. BUT DOES IT HAVE TO GO THERE IN ORDER FOR PEOPLE TO SEE THAT. I LIVE NOT TO FAR FROM THIS CROOKIT AS RAMPART DIVISION WHERE EVERYTHING YOU SAY IS MISQUOTED AND USED AGAINST YOU. SOME COPS ARE NUT CASES THEIR STRESSED OUT AND HAVE NO PROPER TRAINING THEIR COWARDS WITH GUNS WITH A LICENSE TO KILL. BUT, WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND SO REMEMBER WHEN SOMEONE FROM YOUR HAPPY LITTLE FAMILY GETS KILLED, AND THEY WASH THEIRE HANDS YOUR TONE WILL CHANGE! MR. GREEDY JEW...
The Judge

United States

#9 Nov 16, 2008
Where did you get the idea we don't have the right to judge? Of course we do. Judging is the correct thing to do.

We use the facts given to us, our common sense and make a judgement. If you don't like it, tell us some different facts or make your best argument.
JUSTICE

Irvine, CA

#10 Nov 19, 2008
The Judge wrote:
Where did you get the idea we don't have the right to judge? Of course we do. Judging is the correct thing to do.
We use the facts given to us, our common sense and make a judgement. If you don't like it, tell us some different facts or make your best argument.
FIRST OF ALL IF A COP FEARS FOR HIS LIFE, YOU SHOOT ONCE OR TWICE. NOT NINE TIMES!!! TO ME THAT,
IWS SHOOTING TO KILL! ESPECIALLY IF HE WAS UNARMED!
JUSTICE

Irvine, CA

#11 Nov 19, 2008
magicman32 wrote:
GOOD!!! One less piece of trash on the streets!!
WOULD LOVE TO HEAR YOU SAY THAT WHEN YOU LOOSE ONE YOU CARE ABOUT!!!
JUSTICE

Irvine, CA

#12 Nov 19, 2008
George Warmonger wrote:
And their race was??????????
THE RACE DOES NOT MATTER! WE ALL HAVE THE RIGHT TO LIVE!
CJH

West Hollywood, CA

#13 Nov 19, 2008
It was after midnight. There are things you dont do late at night if you are pulled over. Rights? Sure you have rights. IF you live through it.
JUSTICE

Irvine, CA

#14 Nov 19, 2008
White Girl wrote:
Oh yeah...these guys sound like outstanding citizens....I hope the cop is ok...screw the dirtbags...roll around pointing a gun at people cause your a ganster...die/ get arrested like one.
FOR YOUR INFO. HE WAS A GOOD CITIZEN! A DIRTBAG COP THAT SHOOTS NINE TIMES IS NOT SCARED FOR HIS LIFE, HIS ILL MIND IS SHOOTING TO KILL! HE WILL ONE DAY HAVE HIS OWN JUDGMENT DAY! KARMA IS A MOTHER!
JUSTICE

Irvine, CA

#15 Nov 19, 2008
CJH wrote:
It was after midnight. There are things you dont do late at night if you are pulled over. Rights? Sure you have rights. IF you live through it.
CORRECTION IT WAS BEFORE MIDNIGHT, THAT SHOULD TELL YOU HOW THEY DON'T ALWAYS GIVE THE RIGHT INFO. THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THEY GO TRIGGER HAPPY! UNFORTUNATE FOR ALL OF US!
Sick of Southern CA

Montgomery, AL

#16 Nov 19, 2008
I'm for the cop. How stupid do you have to be to be putting your hands in your waistband during a traffic stop?!! Have your hands out on the steering wheel. Don't give the cop an excuse to shoot you. They have a hard enough job as it is stopping and pulling over losers like this guy anyway!!
David

Los Angeles, CA

#17 Nov 21, 2008
I know for a fact that some police will quietly ask a person for their ID. When a person reaches for their wallet, they get shot. The police has witnesses that he " WAS IN FEAR OF HIS LIFE". And now you have the old boy's Justice.--- I read that the movie SHIELD was partly based on the Culver City police!...Hello justice department, Where are you?????????
Dave

Los Angeles, CA

#18 Jan 28, 2009
Quietly he said " show my your id". Nobody else heard. The man starts to pull out his wallet and..... classic old fashioned justice. What kind of police are you?
Karl

Los Angeles, CA

#19 Jan 28, 2009
What was the name of the officer. Did you know that at one time the Culver City Police dept was running a private security company out of the police department. There is an article hidden somewhere where Harvey Bailey took the original call to protect the Masque. Isn't Harvey Bailey the guy that was accused of having his wife murdered 14 years earlier? Wasn't Harvey Bailey the watch commander turned lenient ???? Get my drift!!! See Culver City Confidential magazine article on chief Cook parts 1,2 and 3. Then make a comment to me...What was the name of the shooter???? Did you notice that anything bad on the Culver City local government or police that is published on the internet dissapears. And every Civil Rights activist gets killed in his/her driveway??????????
Christopher Keys

Chino Hills, CA

#20 Feb 13, 2009
The Culver City police...
obviouisly not all of them,seem to be less than professional officers,who,with a badge,gun and and a little bit of power,seem to think that they are above the rights of American Citizens!I was stopped,myself...with a lame excuse that I was blocking the sidewalk,(complete lie!),and then told by some wanna-be cowboy,joke of a cop,who I will spare the embaressment of naming,that if He found a needle,he would stick it in my eye!!I wonder..is that in the Culver City Police manual?I wonder if they really want that kind of reputation nationally?I have thought about a civil suit..but I,m not one to pull out the big guns(My family,s attorneys),unless I have to.But a word of caution to the Culver City PD.Respect people and do your job professionally,because those people you police,are your sons,daughters,mothers and fathers too!
pro Obama

Astana, Kazakhstan

#21 Feb 14, 2009
F*cking pigs, shooting and killing innocent citizens, we must rally at the LAPD headquarters tomorrow

AirCavRocks

“If You Ain't Cav , You Ain't..”

Since: Dec 08

Hymalaya Mountains in India

#22 Feb 14, 2009
Typical Obamazombie.

When the cops say take your hand out of that waistband they mean exactly that.

Every time I get pulled over by the cops for any reason my hands are in plain site and do not move.

Just a little common sense.

Thinning the herd.
pro Obama wrote:
F*cking pigs, shooting and killing innocent citizens, we must rally at the LAPD headquarters tomorrow

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Los Angeles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
rip Hugh Hefner 9 min Playboy fanatic 4
News Immigrants in U.S. under DACA wary of returning... 33 min What tacos 16
Hey 15 hr Raydot 5
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Thu Raydot 21,288
Hello: Do You Need Help? Thu Laura 1
Interpol Agents illegally harass writers with S... Oct 18 Paulo soccer 1
Weinerstein Oct 18 Raydot 10

Los Angeles Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Los Angeles Mortgages