Long Beach worries about port railyar...

Long Beach worries about port railyard must be addressed: Opinion

There are 2 comments on the LA Daily News story from May 9, 2013, titled Long Beach worries about port railyard must be addressed: Opinion. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

The Los Angeles City Council has given the go-ahead to a railyard project at the Port of L.A. even though much remains to be done to ease the concerns of the West Long Beach community next to the proposed facility.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

Bob Lewis

Long Beach, CA

#1 May 9, 2013
LA's dem dictatorship is more powerful then LB's dem dictatorship. Guess their union bosses decided health issues in LB was no big deal.
Ronald

Bellflower, CA

#2 May 9, 2013
Bob Lewis wrote:
LA's dem dictatorship is more powerful then LB's dem dictatorship. Guess their union bosses decided health issues in LB was no big deal.
Bob Lewis.

Because Long Beach is downwind to carcinogenic residue from port and refinery activity - not to mention being surrounded by one of the most heavily traveled roadway systems in the entire world - the city has some of the most polluted air in the nation.

I am often amused when I see trendy "see and be seen" Long Beachers sitting in revolutionary Council approved "parklets" that have been built out into the roadway by politically connected Big Coffee Moguls, while they drink overpriced coffee that is served by underpaid taxpayer subsidized "baristers".

On the one hand, these "hip trend setters" flee in terror from the very thought of revolutionary Government promoted "secondhand smoke" myth. Yet they are perfectly happy sitting in the roadway breathing deadly secondhand motor vehicle fumes that are made even more potent after combining with the soot of vehicle tires that permeates the entirety of the city.

Ronald

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Los Angeles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 7 hr Zeke the Pinhead 20,201
Rev. Dr. Trevor Smith 7 hr Concerned 8
News L.A., Glendale seek injunction against Toonervi... (Nov '08) 9 hr CarToonerville 127
News Diversity highlighted at L.A. Asian Pacific Fil... Mon SeanOsorioLee 2
Hillary Clinton refuses to protect American com... May 1 Dan Ganasz 2
News Prince, R.I.P.: How I Managed to Survive My Enc... May 1 Akinyi 5
hillary protects u.s. companies overseas Apr 30 landlord_2 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Los Angeles Mortgages