Attorney sentenced in insurance scam ...

Attorney sentenced in insurance scam - Motorway - LA

There are 10 comments on the Motorway LA story from Aug 9, 2008, titled Attorney sentenced in insurance scam - Motorway - LA. In it, Motorway LA reports that:

A Marina del Rey attorney was sentenced Friday to seven years and eight months in prison for his role in an auto insurance fraud ring that stole about $3 million, officials said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Motorway LA.

Bill Nosel

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Aug 9, 2008
.
Mr. Belshaw is totally innocent and you.r article is libelous and actionable. First and foremost, your article
fails to mention that this man was acquitted of both fraud and conspiracy and he never bennefitted from the fraud committed by his office manager and co-defendant Davis.
Further, Davis never recruited Mr. Belshaw for any other reason but to embezzle thousands from him. There was no money laundering by a man who didn't know about the fraud and there was not tax evasion, because the Franchise Tax Board actually owed him a refund for 1999-2001!!! How did this happen? Easy. Mr. Belshaw, who, by the way, did file
taxes and did report all of his income, had an incompetent court appointed attorney who would not let him testify and never sought out the forged checks, with which he was falsely charged as income. If Mr. Belshaw was evading and committing fraud, how is it that he could not afford private counsel? Yes Mr. Belshaw's appeal and habeus petitions are pending. Ref to Case nos. B183878, B202887
and a complete reversal is expected. Of course, the cowards that wrote and republicated these articles never
sought out his side of the story, and upon notice from
Mr. Belshaw's attorneys, are well advised to print a retraction. Having to serve a seven year prison sentence was bad enough. Now these cowards have smeared this man's good name. Enough is enough!!
Attorneys

India

#2 Dec 6, 2009
This is a very interesting site. Information about all types of legal matter and the way those matters are handled is present here. You would not like to take a chance in a legal matter to handle yourself if it involves a lot of money or if it is really serious.
==========
alex
[url=" http://www.legalx.net "]Attorneys[/url]
Keep your nosel out of it

Easthampton, MA

#3 Dec 6, 2009
Bill Nosel wrote:
.
Of course, the cowards that wrote and republicated these articles never
sought out his side of the story
Hey, Belshaw, you'd be better served practicing how to pick up the soap without bending over than wasting time typing away on a web site.:-)
Keep your nosel out of it

Easthampton, MA

#4 Dec 6, 2009
Bill Nosel wrote:
.
Of course, the cowards that wrote and republicated these articles never
sought out his side of the story
Oh and by the way,'republicate'? lol
Willy G

Kihei, HI

#5 Dec 6, 2009
Bill Nosel wrote:
.
Mr. Belshaw is totally innocent and you.r article is libelous and actionable. First and foremost, your article
fails to mention that this man was acquitted of both fraud and conspiracy and he never bennefitted from the fraud committed by his office manager and co-defendant Davis.
Further, Davis never recruited Mr. Belshaw for any other reason but to embezzle thousands from him. There was no money laundering by a man who didn't know about the fraud and there was not tax evasion, because the Franchise Tax Board actually owed him a refund for 1999-2001!!! How did this happen? Easy. Mr. Belshaw, who, by the way, did file
taxes and did report all of his income, had an incompetent court appointed attorney who would not let him testify and never sought out the forged checks, with which he was falsely charged as income. If Mr. Belshaw was evading and committing fraud, how is it that he could not afford private counsel? Yes Mr. Belshaw's appeal and habeus petitions are pending. Ref to Case nos. B183878, B202887
and a complete reversal is expected. Of course, the cowards that wrote and republicated these articles never
sought out his side of the story, and upon notice from
Mr. Belshaw's attorneys, are well advised to print a retraction. Having to serve a seven year prison sentence was bad enough. Now these cowards have smeared this man's good name. Enough is enough!!
As another famous attorney said, attorney who defends himself has a fool for a client! True, yet as an attorney himself, wouldn't Mr. Belshaw have a vested interest regarding his defense? The bar exam is no slam dunk to pass, and one usually must show some knowledge of the law. Therefore, shouldn't Mr. Belshaw have had more insight as to the defense presented on his behalf? If, there were serious errors committed during trial, this would be argument for appeal! There might be some serious issues regarding "errors and omissions" to claim innocence regarding tax matters. By simply reporting a case decision, must one "support that decision" in print? If someone wanted to find out more details, aren't there legal journals for such information? I disagree that that there is libel unless one printed information as fact and knowing it was false. Here it appears to be a simple matter of reporting a judicial case.
Attorneys

India

#6 Dec 17, 2009
LOS ANGELES (AP)- A Marina del Rey attorney was sentenced Weekday to seven age and ogdoad months in situation for his persona in an motorcar insurance fraud jewellery that stole almost $3 1000000, officials said.
Robert Belshaw, 56, was launch punishable in March of phoebe counts of money laundering and trine counts of express income tax dodging.
A co-defendant and knell individual, King Financier Solon, 61, of Rancho Palos Verdes, also was guilty on 20 counts of protection hoax and lot. He was sentenced in April to 12 years in verbalise situation.
The doughnut staged accidents to defraud contract companies.
==========
cynthia
[url=" http://www.legalx.net "]attorney[/url]
Attorneys

India

#7 Dec 17, 2009
LOS ANGELES (AP)- A Marina del Rey attorney was sentenced Weekday to seven age and ogdoad months in situation for his persona in an motorcar insurance fraud jewellery that stole almost $3 1000000, officials said.

Robert Belshaw, 56, was launch punishable in March of phoebe counts of money laundering and trine counts of express income tax dodging.

A co-defendant and knell individual, King Financier Solon, 61, of Rancho Palos Verdes, also was guilty on 20 counts of protection hoax and lot. He was sentenced in April to 12 years in verbalise situation.

The doughnut staged accidents to defraud contract companies.
==========
cynthia
[url=http://www.legalx.net]att orney[/url]
Curious

San Francisco, CA

#8 Dec 17, 2009
Willy G wrote:
<quoted text>
As another famous attorney said, attorney who defends himself has a fool for a client! True, yet as an attorney himself, wouldn't Mr. Belshaw have a vested interest regarding his defense? The bar exam is no slam dunk to pass, and one usually must show some knowledge of the law. Therefore, shouldn't Mr. Belshaw have had more insight as to the defense presented on his behalf? If, there were serious errors committed during trial, this would be argument for appeal! There might be some serious issues regarding "errors and omissions" to claim innocence regarding tax matters. By simply reporting a case decision, must one "support that decision" in print? If someone wanted to find out more details, aren't there legal journals for such information? I disagree that that there is libel unless one printed information as fact and knowing it was false. Here it appears to be a simple matter of reporting a judicial case.
Laughable that you didn't even get the quote right.
Keiser zozai

Los Angeles, CA

#9 Jan 7, 2010
More crooks from Rancho Palos Verdes, soon the whole neighborhood is going to be vacant. you guys steal with style, though.
erik

New York, NY

#10 Jun 25, 2010
Keiser zozai wrote:
More crooks from Rancho Palos Verdes, soon the whole neighborhood is going to be vacant. you guys steal with style, though.
This is very sad to see an attorney a person of high in servicing the law getting in to such an act is unfortunate.
==========
Erik
http://www.taxsolutionsnetwork.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Los Angeles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2Pac 26 min Dave 2
Obama, Letterman, NY Jail Darpa Att. Invisibl... 33 min Hornhead 1
Kimmel drugged his baby 47 min Dave 2
Sometimes You Just Got TO DO It Ha Ha 2 hr enticingmoment 1
Metrolink 91/Perris Valley Line 12 hr METROLINK TRAIN 707 20
Metrolink Orange County Line 13 hr METROLINK TRAIN 690 20
Former drug addict, soon-to-be college grad reu... 22 hr ThomasA 2

Los Angeles Jobs

Personal Finance

Los Angeles Mortgages