anonymous california

Hillsboro, OH

#600 Aug 23, 2012
lastoutlaw wrote:
<quoted text>No. But since Biden plans on crashing the convention; perhaps it's nature's (Or God's, or Buddah's or what have you) way of saying 'America Has Suffered Enough! Let My People GO!'
Yup. A hurricane sent by Karma to take out Joe Biden. Allah's message to Obama?
A sign of the end days? For him? A sign of deliverance for America?
What if what I were saying was real? Wouldn't that be something?
They say there are no atheists in foxholes. There aren't any in hurricanes either. The entire Godless Socialist Liberal movement gains religion real quick when their lives are in danger.
It's funny, really. Tragic to the innocents. Poetic justice to the guilty.
Perhaps Al Gore ought to be there to witness it. More proof of Global Warming; er -'Climate Change'. He can gain information first hand; practice being a scientist for real for once instead of parroting the words of those on his payroll.
After all, true science involves true dedication and a willingness and devotion to immerse oneself into the beliefs they support.
Just ask Madame Curie.
Oh, we can't.
Died of radiation poisoning. Not pretty.
But a death for her science.
Please, let Al 'The Bore' Gore follow in her noble (NOBEL) footsteps. Earn that prize that he was given. Sacrifice for the cause.
Done.
Perhaps I should quickly clarify and then I can make a fool of myself. LOL! I meant "502 Bad Gateway" announcement showed on the Topix screen. And by "60" and "account" I meant # of users on this Forum.

When I came on earlier it was 600 plus. Wonder who will get the #666? I keep thinking I might be "IT". But whenever I come on I am a different #. Came close one time I think. 777???!!!

You know what it COULD be with the RISE in numbers incident? The Dems (and Repubs who see you as their competition) are frantically logging on and off trying to read all your wit and prose and get a feel for your political philosophy. WHY? Because they got word that you were nominated for President by that poster AC who started that controversial thread questioning Obama's birthplace and challenged the President to come clean about it so that it would not jeopardize his re-election campaign efforts. And then HE DID, didn't he? They want to decipher and pick apart all your posts so that they can prepare a counter-strike in their speeches and debate tactics. Boy, are they worried. They know you have chosen hot blond bombshell Ann Coulter, who doesn't falter in her bold comments unlike a certain recent female VP nominee, as your VP selection. They are scared because they know it will mark the beginning of a new American dynasty. The Office of the CO-PRESIDENCY. For you have stated that your Administration will be of one shared by Ann and yourself. Equal in all your decisions and ations. A team. But then you had to go and give it to me. Yes. You handed me the nomination the other day because I finally got my own computer in action. Not used -- like the old Dell. Not borrowed -- like use of relatives. MINE. And you said that you and Ann would announce it at the Convention. Now this may explain the fluctuation in numbers. The fall back to the 100 range before the push back toward the 1,000 range. Maybe I jinxed it! I see no other way out of this but to hand the 'torch of nomination' to Stan and Kyle to even out this whole numbers deal. For only he can save Florida and the Convention next week with his swiped semi-government bootlegged WEATHER MACHINE! He can cause the Hurricane to miracuously turn back just moments before it hits and then the world will view him as a savior. I LOOK and SEE no other way out of this.

I never knew Veep Biden was going to crash it. Hope he isn't referring to computers.

I know how to get Al Gore there. Someone send him an anouncement that ManBearPig is on the loose in Florida. Excelsior!

We may need Joe Plummer there too. Put him in charge of Hurricane Cleanup duty.

Hey, isn't the BERMUDA TRIANGLE offshore of Florida???!!!
anonymous california

Hillsboro, OH

#601 Aug 23, 2012
How do you feel about the FREEMASONRY?

Are you members?

I was thinking about joining it someday. But I don't know all that much about it.

I have heard that all one has to have is a belief in God or a Higher Power and believe in doing good things in the world. I think they have to dress a certain way in their meetings or gatherings. Like wear white gloves. Sounds kind of ritualistic. I don't know if I would like that part. But a club is a club.

One main thing that intrigues me about Freemasons is that so many of the U.S. Presidents and Founding Fathers of our country were Freemasons. George Washington, Benjamin Franklin, Franklin Roosevelt, Harry Truman, Gerald Ford. Probaly a lot more too. And so many celeberties. Like actor John Wayne.

I read in a Google search that President Obama is one. Then another one said he is not. So, I don't know if he is or if he isn't.

Anyone got any thoughts?
Stan and Kyle

United States

#602 Aug 25, 2012
Small hurricanes are fun. It is so neat to hit the beach and then go out during the eye of the hurricane.
anonymous california

Hillsboro, OH

#603 Aug 25, 2012
I highly recommend to anyone with computer issues or just seeking a better understanding of computers to skim through this thread and pick out the computer tech advice by lastoutlaw and Stan and Kyle. It really is a wealth of knowledge that can get you started out right. Key important computer things like Restoring and Reinstalling the Operating System, System Restore, Automatic Updates, Security Protection, etc. You won't be sorry you checked it out. It's really benefited me.
anonymous california

Hillsboro, OH

#604 Aug 25, 2012
Stan and Kyle wrote:
Small hurricanes are fun. It is so neat to hit the beach and then go out during the eye of the hurricane.
The ultimate daredevil! I should've expected that much out of you. Being the storm chaser that you are.

Obama could really use you on his team. It's a little late right now. But if he does get a 2nd term, you could be appointed a special cabinet position created just for you ... maybe the "Office Of Weatherosoly"? It could work in conjunction with the Deptartment Of Homeland Security, the C.I.A., and the Department Of Transportation. They could fill you in on the secret weather machine projects. Who knows? Now or in the future, weather machines may be used in warfare. Then your office could work with the Department Of Defense, The Pentagon, and the Secretary Of State (Hillary Clinton). Wow! You'd have one of the most important positions in government ever. They may even have to rewrite the order of who is next in line if something was to happen to the Prez and add your position to it. You know, the list that says if something was to happen that would cause the President not to be able to do his job, then next in line is the Vice-President, then next I think is the leader of the House Of Representatives. lastoutlaw would know the list.
Stan and Kyle

United States

#605 Aug 25, 2012
Wow you nailed it. Obammy is using the HARP machine to disrupt the RNC party with this hurricane stuff. How low will he go.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#606 Aug 25, 2012
anonymous california wrote:
<quoted text>
The ultimate daredevil! I should've expected that much out of you. Being the storm chaser that you are.
Obama could really use you on his team. It's a little late right now. But if he does get a 2nd term, you could be appointed a special cabinet position created just for you ... maybe the "Office Of Weatherosoly"? It could work in conjunction with the Deptartment Of Homeland Security, the C.I.A., and the Department Of Transportation. They could fill you in on the secret weather machine projects. Who knows? Now or in the future, weather machines may be used in warfare. Then your office could work with the Department Of Defense, The Pentagon, and the Secretary Of State (Hillary Clinton). Wow! You'd have one of the most important positions in government ever. They may even have to rewrite the order of who is next in line if something was to happen to the Prez and add your position to it. You know, the list that says if something was to happen that would cause the President not to be able to do his job, then next in line is the Vice-President, then next I think is the leader of the House Of Representatives. lastoutlaw would know the list.
I thought the most important position in government ever was an accolade (during the Clinton Administration, that was code for 'chubby intern', during the Obama Administration it's Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid - interchangably) on their knees before the President in the Oval Office.
Or under the desk.
Or ON the desk.
So long as it was in
The Oval Office.
An accolade.
Code name for 'chubby intern'.(Ann clued me in to that one). Or Senile Senate Majority Leader. Or Senile House Minority Leader.
anonymous california

Hillsboro, OH

#607 Aug 25, 2012
A trip, over some posts, down memory lane (guess we should be careful where we step -- ew, what was that?)...

1.)
Excerpt from Post #346 July 2, 2011:
lastoutlaw wrote:
<quoted text>Yea, the reinstall disc. I looked for one with this; nobody told me that they no longer do that. I've gotta make my own. Tonight, probably.
lastoutlaw, were you ever to make those reinstall (recovery) discs?

2.)
Excerpt from Post #110 May 14, 2011:
lastoutlaw wrote:
<quoted text>re-install. This should be done periodically anyway; I usually do it yearly (when I have time
lastoutlaw, have you ever had to do the "dump and reload" with the Gateway yet?
How about you, Stan and Kyle, with yours (whatever the name of it is)?

3.)
Excerpt from Post #38 May 10, 2011:
lastoutlaw wrote:
<quoted text>I use Spyware Doctor for viruses and malware (and spyware); it seems to work far better than the McAfee or Norton that I used to use. Switched to that whan a particularly nasty virus got my system and the latest Norton (I always automatic upgrade) failed to clear it.
lastoutlaw, do you still use Spyware Doctor?
Was wondering if you stuck with it and paid the yearly license renewal fee.
It used to be on Walmart's website but I can't find it there anymore.
Is it still out there?

4.)
Excerpt from Post #454 July 13, 2011:
lastoutlaw wrote:
<quoted text>Microsoft has a fairly decent firewall - but their virus protection doesn't protect.
You talk about them having a "okay" Firewall but say that their virus protection (assuming you mean the 'Security Essentials' and 'Defender' programs) doesn't protect.
You made this post after you got your new PC with Windows 7.
You are referring to the Firewall in Windows 7, aren't you? Because the one in XP and Vista does not protect.
They are both written entirely to the Registry and it is the Registry that a hacker takes apart to bring down the Firewall. They say 7 has a good Firewall.
I agree with you on the lack of protection in their virus products.
My relative's computer last year had Windows 7 Firewall and Microsoft Security Essentials but neither kept out the notorious Malware Protection attack.

CONTINUED IN MY NEXT POST (due to 4,000 character limit)...
anonymous california

Hillsboro, OH

#608 Aug 25, 2012
CONTINUED FROM MY LAST POST (due to 4,000 character limit)...

A trip, over some posts, down memory lane (guess we should be careful where we step -- ew, what was that?)...

5.)
Excerpt from Post #454 July 13, 2011:
lastoutlaw wrote:
<quoted text> a secondary virus protection to support the primary is a good thing to have - if one doesn't get it the other should. McAfee is okay. I used to use Norton, but too many things got past it. Install two virus protection softwares and make sure they also check for adware and malware.
Excerpt from Post #456 July 13, 2011:
lastoutlaw wrote:
<quoted text>I have the PC Tools 'Spyware Doctor' currently running on my new computer. It was also on the old one. The second program on the old one was something from Pareto Logic - But I forget exactly what it was. It did scan and deal with spyware, but it also was a registry repair program, malware, anti-virus - all sorts of things. I haven't gotten around to putting it on the new one; but on the old computer both programs were active and complimentary to each other. I never had one conflict with the other.
Back in my Windows 98 days, I ran both Norton and McAfee. Though they both warned about having a different anti-virus software running at the same time would pose a conflict, they did not. Both worked together, one would take care of what the other might miss.
So - two for two. It's worked for me. It may not work for everybody.
I never had a virus or malware or adware while running two programs. I did have SOME issues when running one or the other alone.
Give it some thought, decide for yourself. You can always unintall one of 'em. Again - I'd avoid 'free'. Some are superb, some are not. But how do you know without trying them out, and you might regret that. Talk to somebody who knows computers - preferably a web designer. They usually know their stuff. Or a hacker; one you trust.
Otherwise - shell out the money, consider it an investment.
Do you still feel the best protection is to have 2 security products going live at the same time? Even if they both cover virus, spyware, malware, adware, and firewall?
Did you ever put the Pareto Logic program on the Gateway PC?
And do you remember the name?

6.)
Excerpt from Post #338:
lastoutlaw wrote:
<quoted text>Windows 7 Home Premium. No more XP. I've heard good things about it. We shall see.
Do you like 7 better than XP?

7.)
Excerpt from Post #345 July 2 ,2011:
lastoutlaw wrote:
<quoted text>I've made several topix posts using the new machine. Any of my posts that do not have the potential for an avatar is my home computer. This particular post is from my work computer. See the difference?
So, you still do give the new machine the priviledge of going on Topix?
Does the new one handle the Topix experience much better than your old one?
I've noticed, with mine, that the Topix screen looks absolutely beautiful.
Although mine is not as high up as yours.
YOURS -- 6 GB (gigabyte) of memory, 1.5 TB (terabyte) Hard Drive. You probaly have multiple processors.
I may be more like the Soap Box Derby car and you may be more like the NASCAR race car.
S&K will probaly enjoy that reference of the cars.

Well, there's you something to keep you busy for a few.
Might think of one or two more later.
anonymous california

Hillsboro, OH

#609 Aug 25, 2012
So ...

How did I do that?
You probaly can do it up better with the quotes.
But this is how I did it.

Some advice. Or confession???!!! Doing this in Notepad. I click 'reply' to the post. Then I can 'copy' or 'cut' the reply quote. Then paste it in Notepad. Delete parts to get the excerpt. Copy it. Paste it into the 'post comment box'. Or kinda do some of the same within the 'post comment box'. And type my additions to it. Click the 'Post Comment' and we have contact.

There probaly is a easier way to 'splice' the quotes. If someone knows, please tell us. The old post from last year by 'Rose' on how to reply to multiple quote replies and place them into one comment post was very helpful. Thanks again,'Rose'. She's a big Obama supporter, by the way. YES YOU CAN ... really post it up on Topix. Looks like he has a strong chance to get that 2nd term.
anonymous california

Hillsboro, OH

#610 Aug 25, 2012
I have Microsoft Office Starter 2010. BUT it is the 'limited' reduced-functionality version. NOT the full 2010 Office version. They sell that separately and not at a cheap cost. So, it's got Word. But not fully.

I think I have 'Wordpad'. But I haven't tried it yet. I loved using Notepad in the old used Dell [imaginary tear in eye]. So, Notepad has a soft spot in my heart.

I have read about a few other full complete 'Office' type suites that are available FREE online. And that they have similar full complete versions to Microsoft Word.

Word is something I really WANT and NEED for writing. Maybe the limited version will be good enough. I think full complete Microsoft Word is also sold separately.

I know outlaw has posted that he likes Corel. How about you, S&K?

I can't understand why Microsoft decided to go the low route with placing limited versions of their stuff in Windows 7. Maybe I'm not understanding something here. lastoutlaw said that there may have been a lawsuit about WORD being someone else's creation. If that is what is causing the 'Starter Version' fiasco, then maybe Microsoft (Bill Gates, you got your ears on?-- LOL) should create another version of Word OR maybe come up with another Word Processing program that does the job of Word and give it a different name (perhaps a synonym of "word"). I don't know. Just still a little 'ticked' over it, I guess. Oh, well.

WORD TO YA!!!
anonymous california

Hillsboro, OH

#611 Aug 25, 2012
Stan and Kyle wrote:
Wow you nailed it. Obammy is using the HARP machine to disrupt the RNC party with this hurricane stuff. How low will he go.
There have ONLY been 2 impeachments in American history. ONLY 1 removal. President Andrew Johnson (Abraham Lincoln's Vice-President) was impeached AND removed. President Bill Clinton was only impeached. There may have been a 3rd but President Nixon resigned before they could impeach him. lastoutlaw would know if there were more Presidential resignations. They didn't have the courage to carry it through.

Maybe Al Gore was focusing the Weather Machine heat on a certain intern. No, he wouldn't so that. Why would he want to discredit the man he was Vice-President to. It's not like he was going to run himself in 2000. Conspiracy?

If Obama REALLY did it and it got leaked, that would be the ultimate impeachment, removal, and prison term for being a traitor to America.

In all serious though ... Florida has just issued a State of Emergency. ISACC. Last I heard it was a tropical storm building to the size of Texas and could turn into a hurricane. If something that big hit. And what if it has strength to a Category as big as Katrina that swept through New Orleans in 2005? They HAVE to postpone the Republican National Convention. Not worth putting innocent lives at stake.

I believe in U-TURNS. Picture the latest political ad: Mitt Romney standing on the shore in Florida, facing the Atlantic Ocean, dressed like Moses (Charleton Heston) in "The Ten Commandments" movie and repeating the scene where he (Moses) holds up the staff and the Red Sea parts. Only in this one, Tropical Storm or Hurricane "Isacc" (hmmmmm, notice the Biblical name here and Romney's Mormon faith) turns back and goes the other way. Holy Moses! This would definitely bring new mwaning to the "Book Of Mormon". LET MY PEOPLE GO ... to the Convention!!!
anonymous california

Hillsboro, OH

#612 Aug 25, 2012
lastoutlaw wrote:
<quoted text>I thought the most important position in government ever was an accolade (during the Clinton Administration, that was code for 'chubby intern', during the Obama Administration it's Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid - interchangably) on their knees before the President in the Oval Office.
Or under the desk.
Or ON the desk.
So long as it was in
The Oval Office.
An accolade.
Code name for 'chubby intern'.(Ann clued me in to that one). Or Senile Senate Majority Leader. Or Senile House Minority Leader.
S&K asked how low he (Obama) could go.
I don't know if he can do the Limbo.
Maybe, he can do the Hokey Pokey though.

"Obammy". Who came up with that one? Reminds me of your "Brobama". Those could be "good" Green profile avatar names. Some may think they are offensive. I see it both ways. They can be viewed as an honor to the President. Hey, would "Hussy" work? Hussein. No pun intended. Okay, maybe a little. How's "Barack Attack"? Or "Baa Baa Barack"? I was thinking "Baa Baa Black Sheep" but that may be viewed the wrong way by hyper-sensitive polittical correct people and I don't want any prejudice stuff at play with my comments.

Speaking of dancing, check this out:



Romney, you better get your groove on. ;-)
anonymous california

Hillsboro, OH

#613 Aug 25, 2012
Of course, none of them can dance it up like this guy:

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#614 Aug 25, 2012
anonymous california wrote:
<quoted text>
There have ONLY been 2 impeachments in American history. ONLY 1 removal. President Andrew Johnson (Abraham Lincoln's Vice-President) was impeached AND removed. President Bill Clinton was only impeached. There may have been a 3rd but President Nixon resigned before they could impeach him. lastoutlaw would know if there were more Presidential resignations. They didn't have the courage to carry it through.
In all serious though ... Florida has just issued a State of Emergency. ISACC. Last I heard it was a tropical storm building to the size of Texas and could turn into a hurricane. If something that big hit. And what if it has strength to a Category as big as Katrina that swept through New Orleans in 2005? They HAVE to postpone the Republican National Convention. Not worth putting innocent lives at stake.
Johnson wasn't removed. He was acquitted by one vote in the Senate.
I notice that 'Say It Ain't So Joe' decided to skip crashing the Republican Convention next week - probably because he isn't brave enough to go to hurricane country. The GOP - brave souls. They know the country is in so much danger that risk to themselves is secondary to the risks to the country if Obama wins a second term. So they're meeting, formally announcing Romney / Ryan as their choice for President and then working over how to make certain that the pro-American patriots win this time (as opposed to the anti-American traitors 4 years ago).
Highly doubtful Obama will win a 2nd term. He's pandering to all the small special interest groups (gays, minorities, Wall Street Executives, Hollywood Airheads, illegals) and ignoring the majority who actually have to support themselves in this country - the Middle Class. You know, the ones who pay the taxes that support the Welfare Frauds and illegals who are exempt from having their vehicles impounded if they're caught driving drunk without a license? The ones who will vote for Obama, even though legally they aren't permitted to vote because they aren't citizens (or even legal residents) but - because of voter ID laws, there's no way to PROVE they are ineligible to vote. And just like 4 years ago, the Obama supporters (defined as 'New Black Panthers') will be out in force to enforce the Liberal will that everybody has a right to vote; so long as they vote Democrat. Especially the illegals. After all, Obama paid for those votes with YOU tax dollars. They have to vote to show their gratitude.
That was then. It could be now. But those who were promised jobs (especially the college students who voted overwhelmingly for Obama in 2008, an end to foreclosures and a restoration of prosperity and respect for America realize they were lied to by the Oafrah Winfrey contingent and they're as bad off - if not worse off - than they were 4 years ago. Heck, he didn't even close Guantanamo or bring our troops home from the Middle East like he promised. Guantanamo is still open for business - and the troops in Iraq? He sent them to Afghanistan. Where they still remain.
He kept no promises. He did only two things in the 4 years he was in office. Rather, make that 3.
He forced Obamacare - unread and unwanted by a vast majority of the public (STILL unwanted by them). His first two years.
He spent the next two years campaigning for another 4 years.
And lastly, he has divided America deeper than ever - deeper even than it was at the height of the Civil War; 1861 (actually, go back to December of 1860 when South Carolina ceded) to 1865.
Not even Lincoln could do that.
Is Romney better? Yes; if better means 'Better Than Obama'. BTO. NOT the Canadian Group headed by Randy Bachman; formerly of The Guess Who.
Imagine being the most hated person on the planet; hated as much as Stalin, Hitler and Mao. Pretty shameful company. But Obama enjoys it. Communist, Fascist, Totalitarian. His kind of crowd. Which is why hes running again. Power. Glory. Control.
anonymous california

Hillsboro, OH

#615 Aug 25, 2012
lastoutlaw wrote:
<quoted text>Johnson wasn't removed. He was acquitted by one vote in the Senate.
I notice that 'Say It Ain't So Joe' decided to skip crashing the Republican Convention next week - probably because he isn't brave enough to go to hurricane country. The GOP - brave souls. They know the country is in so much danger that risk to themselves is secondary to the risks to the country if Obama wins a second term. So they're meeting, formally announcing Romney / Ryan as their choice for President and then working over how to make certain that the pro-American patriots win this time (as opposed to the anti-American traitors 4 years ago).
Highly doubtful Obama will win a 2nd term. He's pandering to all the small special interest groups (gays, minorities, Wall Street Executives, Hollywood Airheads, illegals) and ignoring the majority who actually have to support themselves in this country - the Middle Class. You know, the ones who pay the taxes that support the Welfare Frauds and illegals who are exempt from having their vehicles impounded if they're caught driving drunk without a license? The ones who will vote for Obama, even though legally they aren't permitted to vote because they aren't citizens (or even legal residents) but - because of voter ID laws, there's no way to PROVE they are ineligible to vote. And just like 4 years ago, the Obama supporters (defined as 'New Black Panthers') will be out in force to enforce the Liberal will that everybody has a right to vote; so long as they vote Democrat. Especially the illegals. After all, Obama paid for those votes with YOU tax dollars. They have to vote to show their gratitude.
That was then. It could be now. But those who were promised jobs (especially the college students who voted overwhelmingly for Obama in 2008, an end to foreclosures and a restoration of prosperity and respect for America realize they were lied to by the Oafrah Winfrey contingent and they're as bad off - if not worse off - than they were 4 years ago. Heck, he didn't even close Guantanamo or bring our troops home from the Middle East like he promised. Guantanamo is still open for business - and the troops in Iraq? He sent them to Afghanistan. Where they still remain.
He kept no promises. He did only two things in the 4 years he was in office. Rather, make that 3.
He forced Obamacare - unread and unwanted by a vast majority of the public (STILL unwanted by them). His first two years.
He spent the next two years campaigning for another 4 years.
And lastly, he has divided America deeper than ever - deeper even than it was at the height of the Civil War; 1861 (actually, go back to December of 1860 when South Carolina ceded) to 1865.
Not even Lincoln could do that.
Is Romney better? Yes; if better means 'Better Than Obama'. BTO. NOT the Canadian Group headed by Randy Bachman; formerly of The Guess Who.
Imagine being the most hated person on the planet; hated as much as Stalin, Hitler and Mao. Pretty shameful company. But Obama enjoys it. Communist, Fascist, Totalitarian. His kind of crowd. Which is why hes running again. Power. Glory. Control.
Where did this 'GUY' go?



I remember watching him do this in 2004.

He came out of nowhere like a hurricane.

We didn't know who he was.

I really thought he could be THE ONE that could bring us all together.

I just don't see this guy in 2012.

Where did this 'GUY' go?

Are you still there, sir?

If this guy could show up, maybe he could win in 2012.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#616 Aug 25, 2012
anonymous california wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did this 'GUY' go?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =eWynt87PaJ0XX
I remember watching him do this in 2004.
He came out of nowhere like a hurricane.
We didn't know who he was.
I really thought he could be THE ONE that could bring us all together.
I just don't see this guy in 2012.
Where did this 'GUY' go?
Are you still there, sir?
If this guy could show up, maybe he could win in 2012.
Notice all the teleprompters?
Move 'forward'(his latest slogan) 8 years - to today.
Same as it ever was.
Phony.
anonymous california

Hillsboro, OH

#617 Aug 25, 2012
lastoutlaw wrote:
<quoted text>Notice all the teleprompters?
Move 'forward'(his latest slogan) 8 years - to today.
Same as it ever was.
Phony.
I confess.

I never voted for Senator Obama and Senator Biden in 2008 for President and Vice-President.

But unlike some on Topix, I don't hate him. I'm not prejudice. He won. I respect the Office of the Presidency. I gave him a chance.

I remember his opponet Senator John McCain (and who could forget his running 'mate' Governor Sarah Palin) putting out a Presidential Campaign commercial that said Obama may be the next Moses but he isn't ready to lead. In other words, he was still too young and not ready to be Presidential material. Deja Vu. It may be to the Romney-Ryan Campaign's benefit to put out a Presidential Campaign commercial saying something to the effect that he wasn't ready then and he's still not ready now. Remember The Monkees big 1980s comeback and their song "That Was Then, This Is Now"? That could play inthe background of that commercial.

I can't believe the rejection of McCain in 2008. He ran before in 2000 but G.W. Bush got the nomination. He (McCain) was Presidential material. Experienced. Years in politics. War Hero. Shot down over Vietnam and held as a POW (Prisoner Of War). A patriot. I can remember people making fun of him on TV because he said he could not use a computer. They said how can he be President if he doesn't type on a keyboard or know how to use a computer. And then the truth came out. He couldn 't type or use a computer because they tortured his hands in Vietnam and broke his bones in many places. He was offered the chance to get out of being a POW but he said that he wouldn't leave his fellow soldiers. A true patriot that loves his country.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#618 Aug 25, 2012
anonymous california wrote:
<quoted text>
I confess.
I never voted for Senator Obama and Senator Biden in 2008 for President and Vice-President.
But unlike some on Topix, I don't hate him. I'm not prejudice. He won. I respect the Office of the Presidency. I gave him a chance.
I remember his opponet Senator John McCain (and who could forget his running 'mate' Governor Sarah Palin) putting out a Presidential Campaign commercial that said Obama may be the next Moses but he isn't ready to lead. In other words, he was still too young and not ready to be Presidential material. Deja Vu. It may be to the Romney-Ryan Campaign's benefit to put out a Presidential Campaign commercial saying something to the effect that he wasn't ready then and he's still not ready now. Remember The Monkees big 1980s comeback and their song "That Was Then, This Is Now"? That could play inthe background of that commercial.
I can't believe the rejection of McCain in 2008. He ran before in 2000 but G.W. Bush got the nomination. He (McCain) was Presidential material. Experienced. Years in politics. War Hero. Shot down over Vietnam and held as a POW (Prisoner Of War). A patriot. I can remember people making fun of him on TV because he said he could not use a computer. They said how can he be President if he doesn't type on a keyboard or know how to use a computer. And then the truth came out. He couldn 't type or use a computer because they tortured his hands in Vietnam and broke his bones in many places. He was offered the chance to get out of being a POW but he said that he wouldn't leave his fellow soldiers. A true patriot that loves his country.
As opposed to the current occupant of the Executive Mansion who wants to stand down our military to Jimmy Carter levels.
We all know how well THAT turned out. Defective ordinance (he sent in barely trained operatives in ill-maintained helicopters to try and re-take the embassy. The copters broke down in the desert. The team barely escaped Iran in retreat). Defective training (see last claim). No leadership.
Barack Hussein Obama. James Earl Carter.
Close your eyes. NOW can you tell that there's really no difference?
anonymous california

Hillsboro, OH

#619 Aug 26, 2012
lastoutlaw wrote:
<quoted text>As opposed to the current occupant of the Executive Mansion who wants to stand down our military to Jimmy Carter levels.
We all know how well THAT turned out. Defective ordinance (he sent in barely trained operatives in ill-maintained helicopters to try and re-take the embassy. The copters broke down in the desert. The team barely escaped Iran in retreat). Defective training (see last claim). No leadership.
Barack Hussein Obama. James Earl Carter.
Close your eyes. NOW can you tell that there's really no difference?
But let's not forget.
And how could we such a national tragedy as 9-11.
That it was President B.H. Obama that DID get the world's most wanted criminal mastermind OSAMA BIN LADEN.
Of course, credit the soldiers who actually carried out the mission firsthand.
But it was BHO that gave the command.
Who knows?
Maybe it was just by chance that it happened under Obama's watch. We all know, to his credit, that it was President George W. Bush that laid the groundwork and tried to get him throughout his 2 terms.
Too bad he didn't.
And too bad that he (Bush) didn't find the WMD (Weapons Of Mass Destruction) that we all know Saddam Hussein DID have but was smart enough to hide them away or ship them off somewhere.
Maybe Syria?
Or maybe it was that Obama put the FOCUS on getting HIM and not diverting attention and troops to another Middle East area.
As Bill Clinton said, he (Saddam Hussein) was beat down as a leader and was slowly fading away as a powerhouse dictator.
Like gums and no teeth when trying to chow down on a tasty piece of pork chop as I'm sure Bill has done many a time.
But there was the possibility that he (Hussein, Saddam) would pass it to one of his sons and he could have been even more notoriousily b.i.g. and the world certainly didn't need that.
So, Bush Jr. did what he needed to do.
The casualties are sad.
But an Iraq democracy does now serve as an example of freedom throughout a Middle East that seems hungry for more of the same. Freedom fries.
Freedom pork chops too.
The toppled statue of Saddam said it all.
And the ink-stained fingers of those who voted for the first time under a democracy.
Now whoever gets it, the Presidency in 2012, is going to have to worry about a nuclear empowered Iran.
Talk about a WMD issue.
And the urgrency of Israel's fear or need to drop the b.o.m.b. on Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's head.
And Barack Obama did promise in his 2008 Presidential Campaign to bring the troops home.
Ohio Democrat Dennis Kucinich promised in 2008 to bring them ALL home if he became the Prez and I believe he would've kept his word.

I have a brother-in-law that said something to the effect that if there are advanced space aliens out there they probaly won't reveal their existence to our planet because we can't even get along as a human race.
In other words, how could we handle the presence of other beings in outer space if we can't get along with the ones -- different colors and races -- that we SEE right now.
Perhaps, truer words have never been spoken.
I don't wanna sound like playing the race card here.
But there is a great thing about Obama being President.
It DID promote race relations.
The human race's relations.
For we are all really all one big race stuck in a ball, called Earth, going around and around when it comes down to it.
White, Black, Brown, Red, Yellow.
Whatever color.
Greys and Greens on Topix. ;-)
We're all in this together.
STUCK on Earth.
No escape ... yet.
Rodney King.
Controvesial figure, I know.
But he WAS right when he said, "Can't we all just get along?"
And WHY can't we?
I believe Martin Luther King, Jr. would have been a great President.
And who knows?
If he had not been 'assasinated' then maybe he would've eventually RAN for President and maybe even won.
But no.
Due to some idiot with a gun, we had to wait what (about 40 years) for "The Dream" to come true, if only partially, in a young idealistic Hawaiian.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Los Angeles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gary Robbins Threatens SCWXA Meteorologist Kevi... (Aug '09) 9 hr OneForAll 65
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Sun Bently 19,559
Dodgers GM lies Dec 19 wondring 3
Los Angeles commercial demolition services (Jul '08) Dec 18 Paul Bear 2
Review: MI Windows and Doors (Apr '09) Dec 18 KGR 110
Rename Griffith Park to Villaraigosa Park? Dec 17 La Merced Dude 6
Do you use self storage? (Feb '11) Dec 16 Go Blue Forever 31

Los Angeles News Video

Los Angeles Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Los Angeles People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Los Angeles News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Los Angeles

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:08 am PST