Cops probe Turkish flag scrawl on Armenian church as hate crime...

Full story: LA Daily News 51
Glendale police are asking for the public's help to find the person or people responsible for spray painting graffiti of a Turkish flag on the wall of an Armenian church. Full Story
Minx

Glendale, CA

#26 Feb 20, 2008
I find it ridiculous that someone is bored enough to come here and make idiotic statements such as 'I would have donated money'. We all know you're likely the same person and you've got nothing better to do because you've got a personal bias against Armenians. Not all Armenians are angels,thats true and yes, there are even some Armenians that I dislike as an Armenian. But to undermine the suffering of one and a half million people and to claim that you would reward such bigoted actions makes you a ridiculously poor excuse for a human being. It's quite heartless, really. Simply put, you're a disgusting piece of shit.

As for the people complaining about Armenians in Glendale.. the same ones that claim to 'care about America', well maybe you should consider all of the values that our great vets fought for in this country. Every time a tyrannical government rose to power; a government that challenged the principles of truth, freedom, and justice, our brave men and women fought them and won. Now the issue lies with us. If you want say that 'the facts are disputed' because that's ridiculously false (the only fact disputing has been done by the Turkish government), then you have the freedom in this country to do so. But please don't let Turkey rape this country's integrity because they're too self-conscious to admit the dark actions of their past. They use people like you to bring the U.S to its knees. We've pretty much built their entire Army and economy and this is what they do to us in return? If you want Turkey to slap us around whenever we want then I'm sure they'd love to have you bigoted non-Armenians on their side pioneering Turkish propaganda. As an American, I'm obligated to stand up for the truth, and I pity those Americans who know the facts, but try to convince themselves otherwise just because they don't like Armenians. I don't care what you think about Armenians because it's probably some misrepresented opinion. Cry me a river, you saw an Armenian drive above the speed limit now you're justifying genocide and hate crimes. Idiots.
ARMAND WAGNER

United States

#28 Feb 21, 2008
Bologna Flag wrote:
PS: Take a look at articles in this week's and last week's Daily News and see how many fraud and drug arrests are from folks of Armenian decent.
Here's one from today:
Credit card skimmers arrested in two gas station heists...Armenians
Yeah, a real great group of people...I shed zero tears.
Coming from an un-assimilibal covert Turk like you it's no thing.
ARMAND WAGNER

United States

#29 Feb 21, 2008
Currents wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm educated in world history, and I don't see any problem with INS's statement. Perhaps you should offer correction if you see a misake. Otherwise, your words are empty rhetoric and baseless ad hominem attack.
The fact is, this supposed "genocide" happened a century back in history and there is a lot of debate as to what actually happened. I also agree with INS that immigrants need to get over old conflicts that do nothing but divide people. If you want to fight over old history -- go back to your old country and do it there.
There's no debate,only a lot of Turkish denial,Turk!
ARMAND WAGNER

United States

#30 Feb 21, 2008
GO currents wrote:
I completely agree. We don't want YOU here...
Cave-Tatar
ARMAND WAGNER

United States

#31 Feb 21, 2008
INS wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll pit my education against yours any day of the week, princess. I know what went down in 1915, and as I said, you need to get over what happened to your great grandmother. Nobody cares what happened to Armenians nearly 100 years ago and the facts are disputed. Were you alive back then? LOL
The other commenter is right on, go back to your own country if you want argue about old political conflicts in history. You especially should leave since you have such a low opinion of Americans. My impression is that your native kids back home need an "educated" person like you.*smirk*
Hey Denier!
Taner Akcam a Turkish historian accept the Genocide,why are you trying to kill him?

“The objective was to get rid of all Armenians”
http://www.topix.com/forum/world/armenia/T8OL...
ARMAND WAGNER

United States

#32 Feb 21, 2008
Disgusted wrote:
Bigot? Nope, just fed up with the rampant disregard for our laws here in the US and how Armenians pay us back for our hospitality by fraudlent scams and violent activities.
I could care less about what color their skin is, I'm just being real about the problem and pointing out that it looks like I'm not alone in not wanting them here.
I have freedom of speech and can say what I want, hateful to you or not.
I spent 3 tours in Iraq and have earned that right.
What great thing have Armenians done for America?
Don't hide
Why are you ashamed of your roots TurkoTatar?
You denier.
NOW

Chesterfield, MO

#33 Feb 21, 2008
If the Armenians controlled Hollywood, we would all accept the pogrom as fact!
XXX

Pasadena, CA

#35 Feb 21, 2008
Disgusted wrote:
No one cares about Armenia. Trust me. We all want you in jail or deported anyway. Long live the Turk painting flag bandit!!!
What makes you think we care to know what you care for or what you want??? lol... You guys made your point on several occasions in different forums...You hate armenians... we get it,but do we care??!!! I could hardly care for some low class, uneducated moron's opinion. Haters like you are like a dust on our shoulders we just brush it off and move on.

I hope people who are responsible for painting on the wall of an armenian church will get caught and get the punishment they deserve.
NOW

Chesterfield, MO

#40 Feb 22, 2008
DO they want reparations?
Marianna

Los Angeles, CA

#41 Feb 23, 2008
We are not angry, we are trying to correct the errors of history towards human race.

We have been vocal because we don't want errors of this magnitude or of any other to re-occur. But unfortunately it still has....look at Darfur. Our voices and our actions are hope to other genocide survivors, that we still exist!

A talk is a talk, but we are trying to walk the talk and it's hard. If we don't, who will? We are peaceful, loving people who will endure the opposition through our believe in Lord Jesus Christ!
Marianna

Los Angeles, CA

#42 Feb 23, 2008
Remember all... what we call USA now, was the home of the Native American Indians.

We all have immigrated to US, we all have brought our traditions, customs, history, etc with us and chosen to live with one another. This beautiful mix is what we call the melting pot and it has become the culture of America.

We all have the power to choose to see what we want, the good or the bad. I feel sorry for those who reject everything and everyone who doesn't please them, that's the easy way out. It's much harder to reach your arm and help the person in front of you, than to use hurtful words.

What I choose to do this moment will affect at least one person. Hence I choose love and not hate. Turkish people are beautiful people, Armenians people are beautiful, Americans are beautiful people(don't matter if you're Black, Asian, White, Mexican, etc..).

We are who we choose to be our words have power! So love each other and one another no matter where you or your ancestor is from.
Those People Are Swine

Downey, CA

#43 Feb 29, 2008
These beasts come over here, as someone stated, and bring their old tribal conflicts with them.

As someone else stated, Armenians are heavily involved in fraud and other crimes.

I'm also sick of their arrogant "pride" in how allegedly successful they are. Don't hand me that sh!t. I don't know how many times I've been in the 99 Cent Store and some Armenian is in there paying with food stamps. I've seen that repeatedly. Then he or she drives off in a Mercedes, belching diesel smoke.

Kick the Armenian fraudsters out of the country and back to Eurasia where they belong!
Cry Me A River

Downey, CA

#44 Feb 29, 2008
Marianna--that is the most daft bunch of PC nonsense I've ever heard.

"Native Americans" spoke of people who were here before they. In fact I think they killed them off (typical).

Ultimately, everyone is from somewhere else.

And quit your lame attempts at apologizing for these filthy lumpenprole Mestizos who come over here.

What's sad is the thinly-disguised anti-White-Anglo hatred most of you have, and how it comes out during discussions such as this. You despise Whitey and the only way that "White Amerikkka" can be torn down is through third-world immigration, especially the illegal kind.

Yeah, that's it--pack as many non-whites as well as the dregs of Eastern Europe in here as possible...then the evil so-called Anglos will be in a minority and you can get revenge on us for the 300 years of oppression that all 'people of color' have suffered. Aww...you poor little things with your Escalades and your BMWs and your "bling".

I don't care if you're White...you're a self-hating White.

Since: Feb 08

Lake Havasu City, AZ

#45 Feb 29, 2008
Lake Havasu's permanent residents are 82% white and the other 18% mind their own business and don't cause any trouble. Anyone spray painting flags of ANY kind on the side of a building would get their asses kicked, first by the locals, then by the cops/county sheriffs.
Randy, kudos to you for jumping thru hoops of fire in CA to get a CCW permit-ain't easy to get in L.A. county especially. I carry in AZ......the real USA starts on the east bank of the Colorado River!
Zulu Warrier

Los Angeles, CA

#46 Mar 1, 2008
Judy wrote:
I'm 62 years old and have lived in Glendale all my life.
I must say that although the spraypainting of the Armenian Church is irreprehensible, I can understand why it may have happened.
Since I've lived here all my life, I have seen all the changes in the community and how some classes of immigrants are percieved.
We only know what we experience. It seems that most people on this forum have experienced what most of us who are native to the US have seen.
Armenians have a reputation for fraud and organized crime. Is that not a true statement?
I have experienced, not only firsthand, but thru family and friends the wreckless driving, violence and scams being pulled by what seems to be a race of mobsters who don't abide by their adopted country's laws.
It's a shame what happened to the church, however...I sympathize with the spray painter.
Sounds like the American people are REALLY getting fed up.
Amen to that! Well said!
Zulu Warrier

Los Angeles, CA

#47 Mar 1, 2008
Mark in Havasu wrote:
Lake Havasu's permanent residents are 82% white and the other 18% mind their own business and don't cause any trouble. Anyone spray painting flags of ANY kind on the side of a building would get their asses kicked, first by the locals, then by the cops/county sheriffs.
Randy, kudos to you for jumping thru hoops of fire in CA to get a CCW permit-ain't easy to get in L.A. county especially. I carry in AZ......the real USA starts on the east bank of the Colorado River!
Amen to that, too!
White America

Pasadena, CA

#48 Mar 2, 2008
Cry Me A River wrote:
Marianna--that is the most daft bunch of PC nonsense I've ever heard.
"Native Americans" spoke of people who were here before they. In fact I think they killed them off (typical).
Ultimately, everyone is from somewhere else.
And quit your lame attempts at apologizing for these filthy lumpenprole Mestizos who come over here.
What's sad is the thinly-disguised anti-White-Anglo hatred most of you have, and how it comes out during discussions such as this. You despise Whitey and the only way that "White Amerikkka" can be torn down is through third-world immigration, especially the illegal kind.
Yeah, that's it--pack as many non-whites as well as the dregs of Eastern Europe in here as possible...then the evil so-called Anglos will be in a minority and you can get revenge on us for the 300 years of oppression that all 'people of color' have suffered. Aww...you poor little things with your Escalades and your BMWs and your "bling".
I don't care if you're White...you're a self-hating White.
LoL, you poor little oppressed anglo saxon what are you 12?? Cause what you wrote lacks logic and doesn't make any sense. People of color wanting to opress you, self-hating whites, tearing down the "white america"??? haha, what the helll have you been smoking on??? Let me remind you that armenians are white caucasian, but we don't define ourselves by the color of our skin, but rather by our ethnicity and our culture. We are not here to punish you or blame you for what you have done to blacks, or any immigrant group that first set foot to this country such as the Irish, Italians, Jews, Japanese, Russians, etc...hasn't it always been the same lame excuse? Blame it all on the immigrants. and Do not confuse immigration with illegal immigration. People who choose to live here in this country have every right to live and pursue their dreams and ambitions as much as anyone else does. That's what's so great about this country. And if you my sore loser who was born and raised here does not have half of what someone who came to this country 4 or 5 years ago has, should consider keeping himself busy with more important things such as educating himself and finding a decent job, rather than sitting on the couch and hating on the others...although, i can see why it would make you feel a little better about yourself...
The Fartoonian Brothers

Los Angeles, CA

#50 Mar 2, 2008
An orphaned baby skunk was wandering lost in the woods. He came upon a wise man, meditating. "Oh wise man, please tell me what I am," said the baby skunk. The wise man inspected the baby skunk, then replied. "Well, you are not black, but you are not white, you are covered with hair and you smell really bad. I know! YOU'RE ARMENIAN!!
Reform Government

Glendale, CA

#52 Mar 9, 2008
The Fartoonian Brothers wrote:
An orphaned baby skunk was wandering lost in the woods. He came upon a wise man, meditating. "Oh wise man, please tell me what I am," said the baby skunk. The wise man inspected the baby skunk, then replied. "Well, you are not black, but you are not white, you are covered with hair and you smell really bad. I know! YOU'RE ARMENIAN!!
LMAO! ROLF!
nnm

Riverside, CA

#53 Mar 9, 2008
I think everyone just needs to realize no matter what kind of church it was wether it be an armenian church, catholic church or christian church, it was morally wrong to deface and defile a church period. plain and simple it was an inappropriate act done by an immature person

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Los Angeles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 1 hr ForkBelly 7,962
Has Gaga Lost the Gays? 1 hr Eaddae 23
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 2 hr 3 peas an pod 200,984
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 2 hr Chuck 19,243
D-Day of the B-Horror Movies 3 hr hsktommox 3
Lindsay Lohan's Words For The Person Who Leaked... 3 hr fancy 12
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 6 hr Flaggstaff 5,083
•••

Los Angeles News Video

•••
•••

Los Angeles Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Los Angeles People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Los Angeles News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Los Angeles
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••