Costco store announced for Woodland Hills

Full story: LA Daily News 21
A $50 million Costco will be the anchor tenant at The Village at Westfield Topanga, a mixed-use project planned for Victory Boulevard and Topanga Canyon Boulevard in Woodland Hills, officials said Tuesday. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Charlie

San Diego, CA

#1 Aug 17, 2010
Will the existing costco at Roscoe and Canoga close as a result of this new Costco? If so, will the jobs that will be lost offset the 300 jobs created for a net gain of zero?

“America & LEGAL Americans 1st”

Since: Aug 08

Chatsworth

#2 Aug 17, 2010
Charlie wrote:
Will the existing costco at Roscoe and Canoga close as a result of this new Costco? If so, will the jobs that will be lost offset the 300 jobs created for a net gain of zero?
Probably.
old timer

San Francisco, CA

#3 Aug 17, 2010
Maybe they will add another McDonalds and Starbucks. Can't have enough of those either.
Chrystal

Northridge, CA

#4 Aug 17, 2010
I think I'll vomit if I ever hear the word "upscale" again.

Oh well, I suppose it is better than "ghetto" or "slum"
Chrystal

Northridge, CA

#5 Aug 17, 2010
I hope the one on Roscoe does close; that area is a disgusting human-vermin infested pit! extremely dangerous with LOTS of crime.
Bill Need

Huntington Beach, CA

#6 Aug 17, 2010
A Costco store is a BAD idea for that area. Keep the Canoga Park location instead. There is going to be too much street traffic for a high-traffic store like that in an already busy location. There should be a small park with a fountain along other well thought-out stores for that location. It's a unique prime spot that will be ruined with poorly planned retail anchors...
Alice

Canoga Park, CA

#8 Aug 17, 2010
I was so excited when I saw the heading of this article. We've got to wait 2 years though :( I hate the Costco on Canoga, but I hope they keep it open too so the new one doesn't get too busy. The employees at that one are horrible. It is about time they put one along the 101.

“bamboo forest and an iced tea”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#9 Aug 17, 2010
costco is now just another corner store like 7/11 they are everywhere but high paying aerospace are gone...
haha

United States

#10 Aug 17, 2010
HAHA! Enjoy your valley!
old eyes

Ridgecrest, CA

#11 Aug 17, 2010
picture time for tony, i hope he rides his bike...

“America & LEGAL Americans 1st”

Since: Aug 08

Chatsworth

#12 Aug 17, 2010
old eyes wrote:
picture time for tony, i hope he rides his bike...
in traffic.
CULT LEADER

Chino, CA

#13 Aug 17, 2010
redpandabear wrote:
costco is now just another corner store like 7/11 they are everywhere but high paying aerospace are gone...
I remember growing up in So cal and their were many well paying jobs in
aerospace for anyone who was willing to work. It appears our city leaders have no vision or concept of real living wage jobs. I like Costco, but these jobs really can't support a family or buy a home. This really is a joke, to bad the laughs on us.
Peace be with you.
HAHA

United States

#14 Aug 17, 2010
^^^^^^^^like.
Please Help Them

South Gate, CA

#15 Aug 17, 2010
Now that gays have established that they are just as good as anyone else and have gained or are about to gain every right that everyone else has, it's time to help the next deserving minority: Folks who like to eat by shoving food up their keister. It might not seem natural to you and me, and it may help spread disease, but laws should be passed to protect these folks so they're not discriminated against, so they can proudly drop their trousers and partake of the free samples at Costco.
NutMeg

Los Angeles, CA

#16 Aug 18, 2010
You people really pay money just to get to go INTO Costco?
Real LIfe in LA

Oak Park, CA

#17 Aug 18, 2010
Did they do the traffic studies? Close Costco on Roscoe and move it to the Warner Center? Great....if you have been to Costco on Roscoe, NOBODY speaks english and it is a dump compared to other Costcos. You guys just turned the wonderful warner center into a slum and a traffic nightmare. It will not increase business for the mall.....Costco is a one stop shop. Just wait for the holidays, and rush hour traffic. I will not be dining in the area or going that way. There will be more congestion and more trash in warner center than ever before. Hey Zine, did you ask your constituents? I hear the Neighborhood council is pissed.

I will still go out to Westlake to shop. A much better store, and people speak english.

As per the 24 car gas station.....traffic nightmare.

Another step to turning the valley into a bigger garbage can.

“Be the change you want to see!”

Since: Dec 08

Albuquerque, NM

#18 Aug 18, 2010
Great!!

A couple more Wal-Marts and a few $.99 Stores would be great, too!

Just leave enough room for the roach coaches to park.....
seriously

Delta, AL

#19 Aug 18, 2010
I want to see Costco HQ in warner center---Not another unnecessary retail store. We need real jobs with real money. If these 300 jobs are so great, I suggest the elected try to live on a Costco wage.

Thanks City for your lack of vision.
BADIDEA

Simi Valley, CA

#21 Aug 18, 2010
The wages from Costco are great...for those who dont have careers, family, and are homeowners. However, a Costco in WH is a Horrible IDEA! The Traffic with the Mall and then Costco during the Holidays..EWWW!!! Why dont they build something nice like the COMMONS in Calabasas. Something that will attract folks with 'Upscale' standards. Not another Costco full of punk ass kids providing horrible customer service and crashing the shopping carts into the cars! I mean how many Costcos does this Valley need...we already have FOUR (Burbank, Van Nuys, Northridge, & Canoga)..WTF!
Singh

Los Angeles, CA

#22 Mar 25, 2014
Charlie wrote:
No. Charlie it will not be closed. Instead it will be made to A business center for retailers only. And all the jobs will be transferred to the new costco.
And I know this because the store manager is my close friend.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Los Angeles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How To Cope With Sleep Difficulties During Preg... (Sep '10) 10 min Hirtnvy 3
Violinist is hitting all the right notes (Oct '10) 23 min bayto neto 3
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 1 hr AZHIGHAZIAM 15,992
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 2 hr snootgrass 200,935
An Afternoon in WeHo With a Gay Russian Teen Se... 5 hr Professor Jumper 7
Baby Boy Bitten By Pit Bull In Pacoima (Jun '08) 5 hr naomiWayne 24
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 6 hr WARRIOR 19,203
•••

Excessive Heat Warning for Los Angeles County was issued at September 15 at 7:14PM PDT

•••

Los Angeles News Video

•••
Los Angeles Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Los Angeles Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••