Duarte doctor arrested for alleged drug dealing

Full story: Pasadena Star-News

Federal drug agents Tuesday arrested a Duarte physician accused in a criminal complaint of essentially using his practice as a drug-dealing operation.

Comments (Page 39)

Showing posts 761 - 780 of1,168
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
sandy

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2009

Judged:

negri wrote:
Thank you Addicted Patient for those words. The Real Truth will never understand that he/she is socially inept to agree to all the charges to Daniel healy ...What is a man if he is not a thief who openly charges as much as he can for the goods he sells?? This was quoted by Gandhi Mahatma I'm no sure about..
Addicted please take care!!
Enough quote's already
The Real Story

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2009

Judged:

Addicted Patient wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you weren't going to respond to Negri anymore?
Addict behavior, also known as Insanity, is described as doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result... although you really know you are gonna get the same result! The Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous (p.37) defines Insanity as "lack of proportion, of the ability to think straight.
So basically, by saying you are going to ignore Negri, or NOT reply/comment but doing it anyway is addict behavior. You enjoy the drama it creates. You want to feel better than by putting Negri down.
Looks like we found some common ground, we both have some addiction going on. It does run in families ya know.
Well, I'm glad that you're reading your "Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous", however, I would not use it as a reliable source of the definition of "addiction" or "insanity". Obviously, it was written with a certain demographic in mind, namely, addicts - who typically have trouble understanding complex ideas (no offense).

The term "addiction" is used in many contexts to describe an obsession, compulsion, or excessive psychological dependence (Wikipedia)

Traditionally, insanity or madness is the behavior whereby a person flouts societal norms and may become a danger to themselves and others (Wikipedia)

So, if you were suggesting that I am an addict or that I am insane, you were clearly mistaken.

Secondly, I don't know why you think that I am attacking Negri. If anything, she is not only attempting to offend me, she is the one attempting to put me down. Unfortunately for her, I have self-respect and self-esteem and can defend myself, so I am not easily offended. Naturally, because I can defend myself and my statements articulately, it appears as if I am attacking her. I'm not the one trying to start drama here. Those that are making up stories (that are unrelated to the current legal situation) are the ones starting unnecessary drama.
The Real Story

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2009

Judged:

backing the badge wrote:
the "mansion "house was not that long ago.
Again, "backing the badge" you have no idea what you're talking about. Dr. Healy lived in the "mansion house" that you're referring to almost 10 years ago, which I would consider to be a long time ago.
The Real Story

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2009

Judged:

backing the badge wrote:
hanging out of cars and suv,s drinking etoh under age .dont even try to make healys kids out to be saints.....
Hilarious. Really. This case isn't about "Healy's kids" regardless of what you're trying to insinuate. "Hanging out of cars and SUVs"? "Drinking EtOH under age"? Please. No one ever said anything about Dr. Healy's kids being saints. So, I'm assuming that you know them? I'd also venture to guess that you were probably a "friend"? Otherwise, I don't see HOW you could possibly make up a story like that and WHY you would. Obviously you have a motive for throwing out a comment like that on this thread. What is it? Trying to avoid taking responsibility for your own actions?
The Real Story

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2009

Judged:

Addicted Patient wrote:
<quoted text>
While Narcotic medications were indeed stolen from Healy's office at home in Bradbury Gates, I have never heard ANY confirmation as to who it was, his own family, their friends or some random criminal. I was not there, I do not know. I don't think anyone is asking for Sainthood here.
Furthermore, no one EVER said ANYTHING about medications "indeed" being stolen from Dr. Healy's office "at home" in "Bradbury Gates". Where did this "story" come from?

You never heard "ANY confirmation" as to "who it was"?? Where did you hear "confirmation" that it even happened? Or are you just propagating a lie?
The Real Story

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2009

Judged:

Addicted Patient wrote:
<quoted text>Think hard on that one...
Here's the thing. I know that Dr. Healy is the doctor and as such, he is responsible LEGALLY (not necessarily personally) for everything that happens in his office. He will be held responsible for his staff, his patients and himself regardless of who committed the offense (criminal/civil/ethical).
My issues are concerning the policies and practices that were utilized by the DEA and MPD to investigate, arrest and CRIMINALLY prosecute a medical professional in the context of his/her medical practice.
For example, IF the DEA or MPD suspected that some of Dr. Healy's "patients" were drug dealers, WHY didn't they approach or contact Dr. Healy right away? WHY did they wait? WHY didn't they warn Dr. Healy that his purchases of prescription medications were extraordinary? WHY didn't they just revoke his DEA license?
To me, it seems like the DEA and MPD WANTED to watch "patients" continue to take advantage of Dr. Healy and may have even ENCOURAGED it. It appears as if the DEA is TARGETING doctors (judging by their new "diversion" policies and list of doctors that they prosecuted on their website), which is not only alarming but also carries with it enormous implications for the entire healthcare community - including primary care, private practice, underserved medicine and pain management as well as for society in terms of patient-physician trust, healthcare accessibility and the increasing rates of substance abuse.
The only explanation (that I can fathom for this behavior by the DEA) is that they are looking for ways to fund their "self-funded" prescription drug diversion program. Apparently the DEA's typical drug dealers/junkies don't have the funds to make the drug diversion program profitable, nor do they have the funds to foot the enormous legal fees that are involved in defending themselves. I believe that the DEA is unfairly targeting doctors (who provide a social benefit in the form of healthcare accessibility and resources) without justification and that their drug diversion policies are fundamentally flawed and inherently corrupt. I also believe that before the federal government launches their witch-hunt to combat substance abuse, they should think about the social consequences and implications.
To get back to your question, I've already thought "hard" about EVERYTHING. I suppose that my reaction to the verdict(s) would be dependent on the charge. If I feel that Dr. Healy was personally (not necessarily by legal default) at fault, I would agree that he should be held accountable. Being held accountable, however, does NOT imply that he should be incarcerated. IF, for example, he was found to be negligent or reckless in his prescribing practices (which is an ethical offense, not a criminal offense), the Medical Board and DEA have the power to fine him and restrict/revoke his DEA license. I feel like this would be a more appropriate punishment considering that with a restricted DEA license, the threat of public "harm" would be minimized and a healthcare resource would not be lost (a social liability rather than a social benefit). IF, however, he is found guilty for an offense that he did NOT commit and incarcerated as a result, I would definitely NOT be okay with this. For example, if his "patients" were deceiving/manipulating him AND he is held responsible for diversion of THEIR medication, I would consider this ruling ethically unjust and legally unacceptable.
backing the badge

Azusa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2009

Judged:

truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not questioning if your story is true or not, but if you knew he wasn't a doctor WHY would you let him cut you? HELLO, the first thing I would have done is go for the door and call the CA MED BOARD. Did you? Did you report it to the medical board? Or did you go back for a refill of medication for the pain?
at that point i was told he was a doctor by healy and office workers!!!!!!!!!!you have no idea what i.ve been through so back off and get a clue!!!!11
negri

Azusa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2009

Judged:

This is for you Real Story: I don't think you know what self-respect means when you don't have respect for others, all people should be respected as the basically perfect human beings they are... Your little capacity to showed your true dignity or self-respect under pressure is not admirable...I dont think you have the mental condition or willingness to acept what Daniel healy has done, becuase you instantly become offended..You sound to me a selfish, anger, unhappy, disillusioned, bitter and disappointed person that lives in denial....I have integrity and understand the concept of enough and for all I know I have enough with you...I don't want to exercise bad jugdgment in others area of your life, because it is only for God to do that.. Please learn to be a little humble..You have not gone to deep in the core of my heart to be able to ridicule me, it will take more than those poor word you say about me and for I'm a worthy and wise person of respect, because I respect other people and their choices and who cares what you think of me and you should examine yourself daily.If you find faults, you should correct them.When you find none, you should try even harder..

To you: DasveedAnja, bye bye..ciao..adios, sayonara,don't bother to answer, for I will be blind to your posts
backing the badge

Azusa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2009

Judged:

to the true /fake story if you want to talk >>>>>> then try with me not NEGRI leave her the hell alone . i see that you try to attack peple that you see as weak well try ME!!!!!!!!!!
negri

Azusa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2009

Judged:

Thanks Backing the badge is nice to see that you read my post, but let me tell you, in no way I'm weak, what I'm is self-respect and have respect for others..The real story try hard, but is unable to do so..Backing the badge, you forget about the real she is no worth she is a human being that deserve pity.She try to drown her sorrows unable to do it try to attack everyone.

Backing the badge take care and have a nice weekend...see you next week
The Real Story

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2009

Judged:

backing the badge wrote:
to the true /fake story if you want to talk >>>>>> then try with me not NEGRI leave her the hell alone . i see that you try to attack peple that you see as weak well try ME!!!!!!!!!!
Um... here's an idea, how about you read my last few posts before you start getting all defensive. I said that it "appears" that I am attacking Negri because I can defend myself articulately. SHE, however, is the one who is constantly trying to offend me.

Furthermore, I have attempted to "talk" to you in previous posts, but you continue to propagate fallacious stories and consistently fail to back them up with any substantial facts. So, if YOU want to "talk" to ME, start with some legitimate facts and take personal responsibility for your actions.
The Real Story

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2009

Judged:

backing the badge wrote:
also, to 'THE REAL FAKE TRUTH' you werent there when he walked in on alvaro rosales cutting me with a blade when he wasn,t lisenced or medically trained to do so !!!yet he praised dr rosales as "dr healy" called him for his job.DR DANIEL HEALY CALLED HIM AND REFFERED TO ROSALES AS A DOCTOR A DOCTORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. GET A CLUEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!
What? First of all, what is the context of this alleged attack? Why were you in the clinic in the first place? Why would Rosales have a razor? Was he cutting something off you for some reason? Without context this ridiculous story appears to be unrelated and is detracting from the current issue. What are you TRYING to say?

Secondly, if you KNEW he wasn't a license physician (in California), then why wouldn't you question him "cutting [you] with a blade"? Like truth said, HELLO!. Again, what is the context of this supposed attack? and what part did you play in all of it?
truth

La Puente, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2009

Judged:

backing the badge wrote:
<quoted text>at that point i was told he was a doctor by healy and office workers!!!!!!!!!!you have no idea what i.ve been through so back off and get a clue!!!!11
Back off what, get a clue what? Why get so defensive over an inquiry and I even said I was inquiring.. I simply asked a question, it only took an answer. Yet here you are, attacking others for their posts yet mine was a simple question, talk about having issues. Then if you (were made to believe) he was a doctor, and he was cutting you, when you found out that he was only a PA what did you do? Did you submit a complaint with the CA Medical Board? Did you know exactly what training he has had? PA's have the training, PA's depending on the medical need, can do simple incisions, was he removing a wart or a mole, did you have an abscess that needed draining? Because PA's do have that training, even an RN under the direction of a MD can drain an abscess. Aren't we all on here to give insight on our reasons for being at the clinic, aren't we all on here to get more information on this case?
diving in

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2009

Judged:

truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Ridiculous!
It was meant to be ridiculous, stupid!!! but no more than your cohorts question and answer session she had with herself.
backing the badge

Azusa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2009

Judged:

rosales is an M.A not a P.A get it right @that time !!!!!!!!!! so no he wasnt aloud to cut me!!!!!!!!!!and yes there is much more that i will only tell certain persons and thats not YOU!!!!!!!!!!
backing the badge

Azusa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2009

Judged:

and by the way TRUTH you have done nothing but attack people with legitamate concerns and things that have happened. so dont try to act so inocent! you attack when it suits you and agree when it dosn,t.
backing the badge

Azusa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2009

Judged:

i,m sorry that would be illigitmate :my bad".
backing the badge

Azusa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2009

Judged:

HAS ANYBODY BEEN ABLE TO FIND AN P.A (PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT) LISENCE NUMBER ON HIM ?????????? ALVARO ROSALES??????????
backing the badge

Azusa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2009

Judged:

HAS ANYONE BEEN ABLE TO FIND A M.A. LICENCE FOR ALVARO ROSALES??????????
backing the badge

Azusa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2009

Judged:

that would be medical assistant?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 761 - 780 of1,168
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

15 Users are viewing the Los Angeles Forum right now

Search the Los Angeles Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Cops and Courts: July 22, 2014: Fair Avenue flo... 3 hr ANON 1
Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 4 hr Left Hook 2,249
Is this Lindsay Lohan's last shot? (Aug '13) 4 hr Big mike 10
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 6 hr Samuel 18,561
Cut Above Casting the Most Abusive Casting Serv... (Dec '12) 7 hr Lisa Marquis - the owner 7
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 10 hr puh leez 200,312
How the Civil Rights Act of 1964 changed America 11 hr Abdurratln 148
•••
•••

Los Angeles News Video

•••
Los Angeles Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Los Angeles Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000