14-Year-Old Killed In NoHo Drive-By S...

14-Year-Old Killed In NoHo Drive-By Shooting

There are 34 comments on the KCBS-TV Los Angeles story from Jan 11, 2009, titled 14-Year-Old Killed In NoHo Drive-By Shooting. In it, KCBS-TV Los Angeles reports that:

Jan 11, 2009 8:07 am US/Pacific Baudelio Guadalupe Jara, of North Hollywood, was shot about 2:30 p.m. Saturday in the 7200 block of Vineland Avenue in Sun Valley, near the west end of the airport, according to ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KCBS-TV Los Angeles.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Patty

Pinehurst, NC

#1 Jan 12, 2009
It is sad that these such incidens happen in the community, but what is more sad, is the limited media coverage on such incidents that happen in lower SES communities.

I have been looking all over the televison chanels for the past 3 days for coverage on this 4 year old shooting, and I am disappointed that with such news and past serious news, unless such news occurs in Beverly Hills, or other affluent communities there is little to no media coverage for interested nearby residents.

Disappointed about poor media coverage in Sun Valley
diana

San Diego, CA

#2 Jan 13, 2009
it is true if this boy lived in beverly hills the news coverage would have been more open and police would probably have the suspect in custody
Mick

Garden Grove, CA

#4 Jan 19, 2009
Crazy, I live literally down the street from where this happened...
GangMembersAreCo wards

San Jose, CA

#5 Jan 19, 2009
How sad that this so ubiquitous. Another gutless move by an ideology of cowardice. It is a shame that the law prevents decent people from fighting back the way it should be fought.
mary

Lytle Creek, CA

#6 Jan 19, 2009
so true
SOL VALLERO

San Diego, CA

#7 Jan 25, 2009
IF ANYTHING 187 2 THEM FOOS DAT SHOT DA LIL HOMEBOY SPARKS
amy

Bethel Island, CA

#8 Mar 4, 2009
baudelio was my friend i love him very much..please anybody with information please come forward his family and i are very upset about this.he will be missed..i wish the poice woud do more to stop this kind of stuff..R.I.P sparx i love you baby boy
china SV VBS DKS CLIK

Chino, CA

#9 Apr 13, 2009
R.I.P to the lil homie baudy..he didnt deserve this he had his whole life ahead of himm..187 on them sukkas who ended ur life..u best beleive.
Meow

Lomita, CA

#10 Apr 13, 2009
What was he doing out so late? He was only 14....sad but that's what happens when you associate yourself with little gangsters....
TRUBLZ

Los Angeles, CA

#11 Apr 27, 2009
DAWM MAN DIS WAS MY LIL HOMIE...I MISS HIM SO MUCH .. WHO EVER DID DIS TO HIM WILL PAY...I AIINT RESTIN TILL THEY DIE
DA HOMEGURL

Los Angeles, CA

#12 Apr 27, 2009
R.I.P MY LIL HOMIE SPARX..WE WILL ALWAYS MISS U N U WILL ALWAYS BE IN OUR CORAZONES...
ALWAYZ REMEMBERED BUT NEVER 4GOTTEN
Pony

Bristol, TN

#14 Apr 27, 2009
TRUBLZ wrote:
DAWM MAN DIS WAS MY LIL HOMIE...I MISS HIM SO MUCH .. WHO EVER DID DIS TO HIM WILL PAY...I AIINT RESTIN TILL THEY DIE
You know this never fails, some dumb ass wanna be gangster/gang butt buddy has to come up and start with their gang slang. I knew if I read down the page I would see some dumb ass trying to be a gang butt buddy. What a bunch of losers. Look trublz you keep looking and they will put your dumb ass 6 feet under also with your buddy.
Pony

Bristol, TN

#15 Apr 27, 2009
Was the 14 year old a gang member also? If he was then they are doing us a favor by killing themselves off which makes me very happy so we can save out bullets for the real stupid gang butt buddies. If he was not a gang member then God rest his soul.
concerned

Riverside, CA

#16 Apr 28, 2009
Meow wrote:
What was he doing out so late? He was only 14....sad but that's what happens when you associate yourself with little gangsters....
Last time I looked, 2pm was the AFTERNOON, am I wrong in reading the paper it did say 2PM NOT AM right?
what now kids can't walk the street in the afternoon?
Meow

Lomita, CA

#17 Apr 28, 2009
concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
Last time I looked, 2pm was the AFTERNOON, am I wrong in reading the paper it did say 2PM NOT AM right?
what now kids can't walk the street in the afternoon?
You're right....I read it wrong.

I'll change my reply.... kids who associate themselves with gangsters, taggers, or anything of that nature shouldn't be walking the streets...at anytime.
concerned

Riverside, CA

#18 Apr 28, 2009
Yes, I agree with you meow...If you are acting like a gangbanger or tagger and you walk the street at anytime of day or night you are just a moving target for others that are into the same thing. there is no respect for human life anymore. sorry if my last comment sounded harsh, I thought you were being sarcastic like some of the people that come on here to talk crap about people, no matter what happened or what time it was, to them it not about someone who got shot and killed, it's about the color of the skin and if he was not doing something bad, so what, he would be doing something bad later in life so they praise the person who did it for getting rid of another bad kid. again sorry for sounding rude.
Meow

Lomita, CA

#19 Apr 28, 2009
concerned wrote:
Yes, I agree with you meow...If you are acting like a gangbanger or tagger and you walk the street at anytime of day or night you are just a moving target for others that are into the same thing. there is no respect for human life anymore. sorry if my last comment sounded harsh, I thought you were being sarcastic like some of the people that come on here to talk crap about people, no matter what happened or what time it was, to them it not about someone who got shot and killed, it's about the color of the skin and if he was not doing something bad, so what, he would be doing something bad later in life so they praise the person who did it for getting rid of another bad kid. again sorry for sounding rude.
No problem....it's just sad that his "homies" won't even use this as a valuable lesson.
esa clumsy

Los Angeles, CA

#21 May 8, 2009
Meow wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem....it's just sad that his "homies" won't even use this as a valuable lesson.
naeh i dont agree with u stop disrespecting
rest in peace the homie sparks..
Meow

La Crescenta, CA

#22 May 8, 2009
esa clumsy wrote:
<quoted text>
Right...cuz calling him by his gangsta nickname is not disrespecting.

Hope you grow up, quit making an ass out of yourself and the rest of the hispanic community, get an education and become a respectful productive part of society. Do something with yourself, your homies will do nothing good for you.
concerned

Riverside, CA

#23 May 9, 2009
esa clumsy wrote:
<quoted text>
Eh Esa, yo tengo respeto for all human life.
I think what Meow was trying to say is that seeing your compaƱero Sparks get dropped by other bangers for no reason is sad and that his friends should learn a lesson from it and do something with their life. Esa, young bangers don't live to be old bangers, I don't know how old you are or if you have kids but as a chica you should have more emotions as you are going to have or have children and you are going love them as la mama de Sparks did, you are not going to want to see them die for a gang name.
Mija, all I am saying is "think".
I know living in that town you have to deal with a lot, back in my day the only gang there was Klump St. I know it has evolved into MANY, MANY gangs from every street in the San Fernando Valley and you have to watch your back constantly and a gang may be your only answer right now but think for a second, how is it going to be for your familia if you get killed? NO MOTHER should have to lay their child to rest from banging and suffer the pain and loss of her child for the rest of her life. it makes no sense to die for a street or name.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Los Angeles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 6 hr 440 not fed 20,693
New York is the city that never moves. 10 hr Joan 1
1K Carrier Jobs Trump saves Thu Trump 4 Clinton 0 4
News 'Not My President': Protesters Rail Against Don... Nov 30 Just Sayin 164
News Carson McCullers Center announces 2016 writing ... Nov 30 Will Dockery 1
News L.A., Glendale seek injunction against Toonervi... (Nov '08) Nov 29 SSCV 131
Women smokers? Nov 29 Rebecca 1

Los Angeles Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Los Angeles Mortgages