Research slim on goji berry

Research slim on goji berry

There are 37 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Research slim on goji berry. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

The small red berry doesn't look like a powerhouse. Indeed, this dried Chinese berry resembles a weak cousin to the cranberry.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Orlando, FL

#25 Nov 3, 2007
ok, i am glad the fruit does help but dr oz and oprah should clearly state what the scientific research say about the claims. why doesn't oprah and dr. oz go after one of the number one killers-exposure to second hand smoke. that would be a benefit to society. and why does dr. oz wear his scrubs on oprah (that is the oprah show). he is really annoying and so is oprah when they get on their soapbox and tell everyone they are the experts and here is the only way to live. the fruit may help but there are thousands of things that do-i feel much better about myself with an increase in self esteem and energy after getting my nipples pierced. i also took up jogging and have a place to keep the housekey when i jog. now that is a story. i might try to fruit but i don't think it will be that fountain of youth.

Orlando, FL

#26 Nov 4, 2007
ok, here is the deal-Mr. oz or oprah or her millions of supporters will provide scientific references demonstrating clinical efficacy or the berries. It they do this I will shut up. If not, then they need to shut up. It is mandatory in the medical field that any practitioner back up what he or she is doing with medical evidence. So either post the science and show you are correct or don't post and let us wonder if what you are saying is hot air out your arse.
About Time

Pompano Beach, FL

#27 Nov 5, 2007
Here we go. Everyone and their gardener who sell goji juice in the pyramid plan are coming out of the woodwork to sign all the readers up.

Orlando, FL

#28 Nov 6, 2007
Not as hot as a pepper, may be as effective as carrots in preserving eyesight.
Gloom and Doom

Silver Spring, MD

#29 Nov 6, 2007
May I say this is a big crock of shitith. Hype, hype, hype, tout, tout, tout. The only thing this junk will make you do is pee. They are out to get your $. Snake oil at the very least. Out and out economic fraud at the most.

The other day I saw someone running around the office saying "Ginko, Ginko, I really need my Ginko, Can't think without by Ginko, where's my Ginko. Just another poor fool who gave his money away for nothing.

The dietary supplement industry cannot survive without all this hype and tout. The know damn well their products do absolutely nothing for you.

They have been around for quite some time now and I don't see people throwing away their canes or getting healed or cured of anything.

What a bunch of bologna. Save your hard earned money. Don't spend it on this crap. Get your children some insurance.
Interested Observer

Bristol, CT

#30 Nov 6, 2007
I ate gogi berries for 95 years and now I am impotent.
miracle berry for mommy

#31 Nov 9, 2007
I just rubbed it on my buttocks to see what happends.

United States

#32 Mar 1, 2008
help! i can't find goji juice over the counter. any suggestions?
noni sucker

United States

#34 Apr 28, 2008
wow this is quite a forum. you guys all need to get lives... I must too if I'm reading this crap.
miracle berry

Dalkeith, UK

#35 Jun 18, 2008
I found miracle berry pills here

Sanford, FL

#36 Jun 18, 2008
My Dad tried to get me into golf at a very early age. Try as I may, I just didn't have the speed, agility, or coordination to swing a golf club. Along came my Mom with these Goji berries and after a few months of having them in my oatmeal, I was actually able to hit a golf ball.
I grew up eating the berries everyday and eventually went on to make a decent living as a professional golfer.

Wigan, UK

#37 Jun 20, 2008
there is a company that sells miraculin tablets. Claims to be the first company worldwide to sell English packaged Miracle Fruit products worlddwide. And the first UK seller of the tablets in England.

Ljubljana, Slovenia

#38 Aug 2, 2008
Hi all, got mine from together with a list of foods and recipes. Rhubarb and Apricots are my favorite!

Grand Rapids, MI

#39 Mar 16, 2010
save the rainforest ... eat a goji berry !

San Diego, CA

#40 Jun 1, 2013
Goji berry diet pills - I received the order and it was on time and the pills work great.
Florida is a Sinkhole

Spring, TX

#41 Aug 13, 2013
Goji is old news. Now it is green coffee bean extract. Starbuck's has jumped on the bandwagon and is wildly promoting products with green coffee bean extract in them.

You don't hear much about acai anymore either. All fads fizzle out.

I just take my gummy vitamins, guzzle some water and call it a day.

Spring, TX

#42 Aug 26, 2013
p.s the water, vitamins and deleting sugar and white flour is the way to go. Other than occasional ice cream, I try to avoid white flour. Also, if you eat out, for a salad with lean grilled protein and maybe some tomatoes/avocados. Your waistline will thank u. Fads come and go. Eating healthy will never steer you wrong.

I didn't realize how much wait I had lost because my pants were only somewhat looser. The weight is coming off from the upper body. Go figure.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Los Angeles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why I am voting for Hillary Clinton. 13 hr Earl 15
Trump 13 hr Earl 5
TRUMP wins debate 13 hr Earl 4
We Now Have 4 Million Ineligible and Dead Voter... 14 hr Earl 3
News LAPD chief Charlie Beck defends 2 fatal weekend... 14 hr Nostril A Broke 4
Fake Pennies Placed By Bank Worth $1,000 Each Fri Susan 1
rams Thu bobby bare 1

Los Angeles Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance