El Segundo man killed in crash is identified

Full story: Daily Breeze

An El Segundo man killed in a motorcycle crash near Los Angeles International Airport was identified Friday as 20-year-old Daniel Swiggum.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of55
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jul 08

Torrance, Ca

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2008

R.I.P
RIP DSWIGGUM

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2008

Judged:

MrEd wrote:
What a waste! He more then likely was inexspiranced at riding a 2 wheeler.Being from El Segundo he should have known that part of Imperial Hwy. is trouble with Sepulveda merge coming in on the right and the 105 ending almost in the same place.R.I.P. young man.
How dare you speak of a life as a waste!! You did not know this young man and you never will! He was my bestfriend and it disgusts me to think someone would take time out of their day to hypothetically speak on something/someone they have no idea about. Your opinion isn't even worth two cents.
RIP Daniel John Swiggum
ely concepcion

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2008

hey i love and i will miss you a whole lot
NEIGHBOR

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2008

Judged:

RIP DSWIGGUM wrote:
<quoted text>
How dare you speak of a life as a waste!! You did not know this young man and you never will! He was my bestfriend and it disgusts me to think someone would take time out of their day to hypothetically speak on something/someone they have no idea about. Your opinion isn't even worth two cents.
RIP Daniel John Swiggum
The commenter was not being disrespectful in stating what a waste. He was stating that the young mans life was cut short...a sad event and waste of the future. I think your grief is overshadowing your ability to rationalize. Greve as you will, but tread lightly.
I give up

Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2008

What a shame, even experience cycle riders are in constant danger

“Airborne mama on a oneway trip”

Since: Apr 08

Littlerock, Ca

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2008

I give up wrote:
What a shame, even experience cycle riders are in constant danger
Yes they are. And as gas prices go up more and more motorcycles will be on the road and more people will get killed. So please people be alert and watch out for these guys. Even if some do stupid shyte it's not like hitting a guy in a car doing stupid shyte.
Alonse

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2008

..god bless to young man just being a young man. Out thoughts are with is friends and family.
annomus

Torrance, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2008

R.I.P Daniel this is sad :[ we love you!
really

Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2008

Judged:

RIP DSWIGGUM wrote:
<quoted text>
RIP Daniel John Swiggum
Hold up there, friend. I am pretty sure he meant that Daniel's death was a waste. It is tragic to have a life cut so short. That's all the guy meant.
solae

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2008

daniel john swiggum was a wonderful friend and classmate..we are all going to miss him so very much.
RIP Daniel

La Puente, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2008

Judged:

First I just wanted to say RIP Daniel...and sorry for the loss to his family!!!
Second, I don't understand why people have to be rude and write inappropriate comments. If you don't have anything nice to say/write..please don't leave anything. The family is going through a tough time right now & there doesn't need to be comments that are not supportive on here!
HumanFactor

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2008

Vic wrote:
Slow Down, oops to late
Hey Vic -arent you a funny guy. Probably the sort of fellow that got pushed around the playground by others, and has never done anything real fun to live life to the fullest, ohhh and take risks. Just something that young men do. Seems the biggest risk your willing to take is posting here from a completely different state. loser.

God bless you Daniel. I didnt know you but I know what it was like to be a young man and enjoy everything life has to offer. As you were doing when this tragedy occured.
really

Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2008

Vic wrote:
Slow Down, oops to late
Was this really needed or do you just enjoy being cruel?
morgan

Carson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2008

rip buddy
Larry Altman

La Puente, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2008

To Daniel Swiggum's friends and family:

Try to ignore some of the insensitivity that has shown up here.....

If you would like to offer comments about your friend and family member, I invite you to write something at the bottom of the entry on Daniel's death on our Daily Breeze crime blog.(It wasn't a crime, but I posted what happened there as breaking news.) I have control over what comments appear, so disrespectful ones do not make it through. You can access the blog at http://www.insidesocal.com/crime&courts/2... or email me at larry.altman@dailybreeze.com
motorcycle rider

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2008

well it goes to show you.... that motorcycling should be done with caution.... and experience is key( he was going 65mph).... hopefully new riders will learn that speed isnt everything.... life is more important
Spank

Killeen, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2008

I took the motorcycle safety course with Daniel and my Dad. Daniel scored higher than me on the last test. My Dad blew us both out of the water. They are both gone now. I know that in heaven they are both looking down on our families as they cruise to the "Sturgis in Heaven" Rallies. This was my second brother and best friend. If you knew him, you probably thought he was invincible because of his character. Together we had more memories than I can even begin to write about. I love you brother.
-Spank.
Georgia

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2008

Judged:

wasn't he racing. he should have known better
really

Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2008

Georgia wrote:
wasn't he racing. he should have known better
Should you ever be involved in a fatal car wreck, do you think people with no knowledge of the actual incident should accuse you of racing and comment that you should have known better?
Nancy Peters

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2008

Enough already with the comments!!! None of you are his parents and what you are commenting here is out of line for them to read your ignorant words! Not one of you was there; not one of you knows what happened; not one of you has the right to second guess the incident. A young life was lost and he is being mourned by his family and friends and they, NOT ANY OF YOU, are the only ones with the right to comment on his life, his actions, his experience, his death. Keep your ignorant and rude opinions to yourself. DO NOT PUBLISH THEM HERE WHERE HIS PARENTS CAN READ THEM AND BE INSULTED BY ALL OF YOU. Their son was a handsome, kind-hearted, loving, compassionate young adult who brought joy and love to all who knew him. Have respect for his family and respect for the loss of his young life.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of55
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

38 Users are viewing the Los Angeles Forum right now

Search the Los Angeles Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 18 min Samuel 17,739
'Hiccup girl' charged with murder in Florida (Oct '10) 25 min Kate Carraway 1,823
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 33 min Ronald 4,554
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 1 hr OMFG 199,084
Services Provided By Gene Choe 1 hr GENE W CHOE CA STATE BAR 1
How can I get that girl in 9 days? 6 hr Melissa Merenbouty 3
Think You're A Britney Fan, Bitch? Take The Quiz 6 hr Melissa Merenbouty 6
•••
•••

Los Angeles News Video

•••
Los Angeles Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Los Angeles Jobs