8 Great Dive Bars in Los Angeles

8 Great Dive Bars in Los Angeles

There are 2 comments on the Serious Eats story from Aug 26, 2013, titled 8 Great Dive Bars in Los Angeles. In it, Serious Eats reports that:

Dive bars are a Los Angeles staple. Thanks to the city's unending urban sprawl, every neighborhood has its own dark, slightly sticky haunt.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Serious Eats.

Charlie Beck

Hazleton, PA

#1 Aug 26, 2013
One time as an undercover officer I discovered a drink called a "flaming alley cat" and it was shocking.

You fill a shot glass with high proof white liquor. You light it ablaze and drop the burning shot into a typical bar skanks gash, which exstinguishes the fire. You quickly start to suckle the drink from her snizz.

Mind you this was back when women still had some fur on their love ditch. The distinct smell of singed hair gave the drink it's signature aroma.

“..A little kingdom...”

Since: Aug 14

Location hidden

#5 Aug 24, 2014

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Los Angeles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police aware of Mongols' presence (Oct '08) 2 hr uncool gay hair 193
kelly r still wears wed dress 2 hr kelly contract 3
striker duface 2 hr uncool gay hair 1
News Thousands set for May Day march through downtow... 4 hr tomin cali 7
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 5 hr DrugsRNotUS 20,182
demonstrators help me decide 10 hr lex 1
Don't vote for Hillary Clinton, she is satani... 15 hr Alison DC 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Los Angeles Mortgages