3 Dead In Eagle Rock Car Crash

3 Dead In Eagle Rock Car Crash

There are 20 comments on the CBS 2 - KCAL 9 story from Aug 28, 2008, titled 3 Dead In Eagle Rock Car Crash. In it, CBS 2 - KCAL 9 reports that:

Authorities say three people were killed and two others critically injured when their vehicle ran into a tree in northeast Los Angeles.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS 2 - KCAL 9.

Mommyof2

North Hollywood, CA

#1 Aug 28, 2008
Well I personally live in Eagle Rock off Colorado Blvd., and this was just a matter of time, there are always car speeding down Colorado Blvd. Sadly this time there are 3 dead. I heard in the news that 19yr old in the other car is going to be charged with murder, and though I believe he is somewhat responsible, are we forgetting that the pregnant 20yr old and minor childred was racing in her own car and pushing her own pedal. Do we really think 19yr old should be held responsible for the pregnant womans actions. I truly dont believe so.
benjamin

United States

#2 Aug 28, 2008
i think that each person should be held liable and the 19 year old should NOT be liable for the womens ations
Blonde

Dodge Center, MN

#3 Aug 28, 2008
If the pregnant woman would have survived she would have been charged too. The only reason the 19 year old driver is being charged is because he survived. I feel horrible for the families of these people. The poor 12 year old girl and unborn baby didn't want to race. How sad. I hope that others learn a valuable lesson from this tragedy and if they want to race... do it on a TRACK, not on the STREET.
marsha

Yuma, AZ

#4 Aug 28, 2008
i love eagle rock...and these streets r bcoming less safe...
chicano

Dana Point, CA

#5 Aug 28, 2008
mas put...
Rayne

Wildomar, CA

#6 Aug 28, 2008
I live only two blocks away from where it happened and I heard the crash. When me and my brother went to go see what happened, it was the worst car crash I had ever seen. The victims were 19 year old pregnant Crystin Cordova, her sister 16 year old Toni Cordova, and a family friend 19 year old Jason Hernandez. The two that lived were the 15 year old brother Andrew Cordova and Crystin's husband Carlos Campos. I know it seems as though the pregnant woman is at blame because she was racing, but police are starting to think it was road rage. But the creepy thing about this, is that the billboard right above the accident is for a movie called "Death Race."
Steven

Roseville, CA

#7 Aug 28, 2008
Don't get so quick to jump on the street race theory! Seems more like road rage to me.

Regardless, it was an accident that shouldn't have been.

My prayers go out to the families at loss.
jemmvli

Los Angeles, CA

#8 Aug 29, 2008
These kids are my neighbors grandkids. I saw them grow up. The pregnant girl and her sister are dead. Her brother is criticly injured in the hospital with missing limbs. Yeah there was bad judgement in regards to the driving. But over all lets pray for the suffering families that are left with the loss. I happen to know all the family incl. the mother/father of these kids and believe it's not a pretty sight. Let's not be so quick to pass judgement. Law of man is sometimes harsh as far as the survivor of the other car and my sympathy goes towards his family also. It's a long rocky road ahead and I pray for the suffering people left behind. Peace.
ASHLEY AND DYLON CHEEK

Lancaster, CA

#9 Aug 30, 2008
OMG IM SHOCKED!!!!!I STILL CANT BEILEVE MY FRIEND TONY IS DEAED IT REALLY HURTS ME INSIDE CAUSE SHE WAS SOO SWEET AND SHE WAS ALWAYS HAPPY AND SHE WAS VERY LOVABLE WITH VERYONE IT WAS AMAZING WELL I LOVE HER AND SHE WILL ALWAYS BE MISSED AND WHO EVER CAUSED IT ALL PLEASE CNFESS TO IT THATS NOT RIGHT YOU KILL ALL THESE PEOPLE!!!!!
gaby

North Hollywood, CA

#10 Aug 31, 2008
it makes me very sad to know that my friend die and that her boyfriend carlos is in the hospital she was very sweet person and very cool she was very down to earth and her boyfriend was too we when to skool togethere and it sad that she didnt live to have her baby she was very happy that her lil boy was going to make them a family..if you could please help the family that would be very nice..there having a car wash right now in melrose and helitrope please help them... R.I.P cristyn and the baby... we will always remember you... R.I.P to your brother and sister and your friend...
alexfig182

Los Angeles, CA

#11 Sep 1, 2008
Im sorry to be the only one to point out the fact that several people we're ejected from the vehicle, makes you wonder if they had seatbelts on at all.

It sucks that some other driver is being charged with murder because people died. The young pregnant woman should have been a mature enough person to keep off the gas and not want to floor it just because someone passes her.

Who knows what really happened but all I'm saying is that theres always someone at fault when theres an accident but not always should they be helf liable it was not the other guys intention to kill anyone just like when someone falls asleep at the wheel.

SEATBELTS, I think atleast a few of us here on the boards have had their life saved by the seatbelt.
APRIL

United States

#12 Sep 1, 2008
I HATE THE FACT MA LOVELY FRIEND CRISTYN HAD TO LEAVE SO SOON... SHE WAS SO HAPPY THAT HER BABY WAS GONA COMPLETE HER AND MA FRIEND ALSO HER HUSBAND CARLOS!!!
U WILL ALWAYS BE MISSED!!
AND TAHNXZ TO EVERYONE WHO CAME TO TEH CAR WASH AND DONATED MONEY TO HER AND HER SISTER TONI MARIE AND ANDREW!
WE RAISED A LIL OVER 1,000 DOLLARS FOR THE MOM..
U GUYS WILL BE MISSED.. LOVE U N MISS U SO MUCH CRISTYN! REST IN PARADISE!
izzy

Los Angeles, CA

#13 Sep 4, 2008
I read every once comments and no one seems to care that a mom and dad lost all of there kids racing road rage dose it really matter no one was there to really say if it was roadrage or not racing I really don't think so but again we should all just pray for the parents of tv victims that God may give them the streath to get over this un thinkable accident!!!! I think that the real pain will be with the parents to live the rest of there lives with such lost!!!!! My advise to parents no 16,17 or 19 year old should be driving a sport car or any new car sedan sport suv buy them an old car to get them from point A to Z safe all these little kids driving mercedes bmw hondas nissan what ever brand no need!!! For them to be drivng such cars! It's like buying them a new shine gun to azure that they will kill them selfs!!! Get smart parents out there with teenagers you can help prevent accidents like this one no need for a 19 year old pregnant to die a 2 year old come on just babies!!! It's sad and last I belive that the other young boy should be held responsable him and his parents as well for not giving him the proper tools of how to be a smart driver 3 min of roadrage changed many lives! So yeah him and his parents should pay for the deaths of those kids if
It would have been the other way then the 19 year old female would be
Held to Blame !!!!!! SO PLEASE BE SMART WHEN YOUR OUT BUYING A GAR FOR YOUR KIDS!!!'!'! AND KIDS THERE IS NO SHAMR IN LIVING SO JUST LET THE OTHER DRIVER BE MAD PULL OVER CALL THE COPS DRIVE TO THE NEARST FIRESTATION GAS STATION A PUBLIC PLACE!!!!!!! Much love and respect to all who live in the most woundedfull Place to live In LA EAGLE ROCK
EagleRockSTUDENT

Mount Wilson, CA

#14 Sep 5, 2008
How sad...They were going to be the class of 2009...T^T Eagle Rock High just lost one of it's birds from the nest. Rest in Peace and thier parents just got home from vacation...
sweety

Alhambra, CA

#15 Sep 9, 2008
god bless the parents of the cordova kids.
tony

La Mirada, CA

#16 Sep 10, 2008
it seems some people here might have some over-imaginative theory of what happened.(alexfig182,mommyof2, benjamin,blonde,marsha)Don't judge what you are not a witness to.If you weren't there why would you say it's street racing or anything else,your just making things worst by putting negative thoughts in peoples heads about the people involve in the accident,when in reality we don't even know what really happen.so think before you say something,you have a brain use it.sorry if it seems harsh,but some coments are better left unsaid.Leave the theory and fact for the real investigators.Instead give your prayers to all the family's lost.that said,a moment of silence for those who died.may god be with you.
Pony

Maryville, TN

#17 Sep 10, 2008
ASHLEY AND DYLON CHEEK wrote:
OMG IM SHOCKED!!!!!I STILL CANT BEILEVE MY FRIEND TONY IS DEAED IT REALLY HURTS ME INSIDE CAUSE SHE WAS SOO SWEET AND SHE WAS ALWAYS HAPPY AND SHE WAS VERY LOVABLE WITH VERYONE IT WAS AMAZING WELL I LOVE HER AND SHE WILL ALWAYS BE MISSED AND WHO EVER CAUSED IT ALL PLEASE CNFESS TO IT THATS NOT RIGHT YOU KILL ALL THESE PEOPLE!!!!!
The stupid girl driving killed these people.
Tony

Chicago, IL

#18 Sep 10, 2008
Sad
ANONOMOUS

Palmdale, CA

#20 Sep 29, 2008
The message above is for PONY.
chuck

Carson, CA

#22 Mar 9, 2010
I STILL CANT GET OVER THIS!!! I DK Y BUT IT ALWAYS COMES TO MY HEAD AND IM ALWAYS READING THE STORY. ITS SO SAD TO THINK SHE DIDNT GET TO RAISE HER KID. AND POOR CARLOS HE LOST HIS FAMILY TOO. NO ONE THINKS OF CARLOS. IM SOO SORRY CARLOS THIS HAPPENED TO U. U ARE SO KIND AND I LOVE U MY FRIEND. N TO ALL THOSE DUMB PEOPLE, DONT JUDGE!!!!! U WERE NOT THERE TO SEE WHAT HAPPENED MAN. SO KEEP UR MOUTH SHUT

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Los Angeles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Michael Jackson Patented Anti-Gravity Shoes In ... 6 min Jane 1
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 12 hr annie puzzo 20,482
News Hillary Clinton is exploring the outer limits o... 17 hr He Named Me Black... 1
‘Hillary Hospital’ Signs Welcome Hillary Clinto... Wed Paris 2
19 f for daddies Aug 20 Gjomgmf 4
Chris Powell Editor of the JI investigated for ... Aug 20 Herc213 1
News Naked Trump Statues Around USA Aug 20 Mjr64 1

Los Angeles Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Los Angeles Mortgages