Judge Manuel Real is not mentally com...

Judge Manuel Real is not mentally competent to serve

Posted in the Los Angeles Forum

Manuel Real

Chicago, IL

#1 Nov 15, 2013
JUDGE MANUEL REAL IS NOT MENTALLY COMPETENT TO SERVE AS JUDGE.

11.14.13 - LOS ANGELES - The census around most of the legal community in Los Angeles is U.S. District Court Judge Manuel Real, age 90, is no longer mentally fit to serve as Judge.

"He is a travesty and an ongoing joke to the justice system," says one attorney. "I directly blame the House Judiciary Subcommittee for letting this man continue to put on a robe."

Judge Real fought against his impeachment in 2006 with the House Judiciary Subcommittee and it was barely dropped.

"The only reason this guy continues sitting on an important bench is the race card," another lawyer chimed in. "But c'mon, there are a million other Hispanic lawyers who could easily do the job. Fire Manuel Real. Get rid of this guy or I pray he drops dead soon."

As a journalist, I didn't want to believe the horrendous negative comments on Judge Manuel Real, until I saw firsthand two weeks ago just how horrible Judge Manuel Real is. He literally does no arguments. I thought,'What's the purpose of even showing up?' Every single case, he starts with: "Anything to add?" Then he reads the judgment from a paper that his little law clerks drew up.

He doesn't even look the attorneys in the eyes. And when they ask a simple question, it's like he doesn't even understand what the attorneys requested or the case.

One attorney sighed outside the courtroom. "Judge Real is a disgrace to the bench, a disgrace to the judicial system, and a disgrace to every American citizen. He must be fired immediately."

More comments on Manuel Real from other attorneys can be found here:
http://www.therobingroom.com/Judge.aspx...

Mark Jenkins
Commentary
Breaking

Fullerton, CA

#2 Nov 16, 2013
At age 90, I wonder why he doesn't retire and give someone else a chance to work. Unemployment is high.
Lawyer for Justice

Los Angeles, CA

#3 Nov 18, 2013
I agree with the all the comments I'm hearing. The only way Manuel Real will quit the bench is his death. This man is barely alive. He doesn't even listen to the lawyers. Where are the supervising judges? Why is this old, senile man still on the bench?

Worst federal judge in American History. A complete disgrace.
lela Thompson

United States

#4 Nov 19, 2013
Think . Peoples are . Alive or die . We . Feed them . Just . I feel bad . You Not help people our world .not cool . . . Important ..
Adam M

San Diego, CA

#5 Nov 29, 2013
I agree with everyone - Judge Manuel Real is not fit to hold office and must be impeached. We must oust the Congressmen who allow this cadaver to continue to sit on the bench and rule on important cases.

The dirty secret EVERY lawyer knows is Manuel Real is mentally 'not there' and borderline senile.

There must be more outrage in the halls of every court over Mr. Real and his vile law clerks. Total OUTRAGE.

I know several people who are getting another round of petitions to impeach this horrible man. My prayer is Manuel Real dies soon and goes to his final destination down below.
Seth - Partner

Buffalo, NY

#6 Dec 14, 2013
..........As a partner/lawyer, I won't engage in bashing Mr. Real.

However, he is not fit to be a judge on any circuit.

It's no secret that his law clerks do all the work and he merely recites what they write. There is a big danger here that people seeking justice will be unduly deprived if Mr. Real refuses to quit or is not impeached..........
Law Clerks of Manuel Real

Orlando, FL

#7 Dec 23, 2013
Dear Law Clerks of Manuel Real,

You didn't win.

We know you write all of Judge Manuel Real's decisions.

But you know what? You made us more determined to fight. You made us more determined to win in other ways.

So a big thank you. You lit a fire in us like nothing could have. We will reach millions with our work and you can go back to your 1-bed apartment and sulk. You will never shut us down. We will even leave the country that your minority group took over if we have to - you will never shut us down.

As for Judge Manuel Real....I sincerely believe he will die of a heart attack in 2014. Good riddance to this evil man.
Rachel Merkler

Indianapolis, IN

#8 Dec 23, 2013
True or not, at least use your names . But you do and will not. Cowards, praying for a man to die. You are vile, each that did so.
Evo Gonzalez

United States

#9 Feb 9, 2014
No, you're vile Rachel. There is no Rachel Merkler in Indianopolis, IN - I looked it up on my Intellus account.

You're probably one of Manuel Real's law clerks. As a Hispanic leader, I'm ashamed of Manuel Real - he is a disgrace to the bench, an embarrassment to the bar, and a travesty to justice....
Dubinlaw

Los Angeles, CA

#10 Jan 18, 2015
Judge Real is a mentally ill individual who although ruining many lives, and in fact a large part of my life in the 1990s as written up in the American Bar Association Journal in 2008, I have no bad feelings toward him. How can you feel anything but sorry for a mentally disturbed individual? I blame those Congressmen and especially those other Members of the California Bar and those California Federal Judges who did nothing and looked the other way for so many decades. They are the ones who should be castigated for tolerating such a mentally disturbed individual who as a Federal Judge has unfairly wrecked so many lives. Shame on the entire California Bar and the entire California Federal Judiciary for perpetuating this well known DISGRACE. It is never too late. Remove this sick individual now. Stop him from ruining more lives. And correct the pathetic institutional anti-democratic deification of life tenure that has protected him for so many years. Protecting him does not protect the legal system. Protecting him continues to breed justifiable disrespect for the legal system and all of us as attorneys. Gary Dubin
disgusted

Tarzana, CA

#11 Jun 10, 2015
The whole system is corrupt and M. Real is just the most outstanding evidence of that corruption and rot that makes the judicial system what it is. I can't give my name because I have a case before him and he, along with most of those black robed political appointees on the federal bench, is vindictive. I don't understand why the 9th Circuit has done nothing to get rid of him. I don't understand how the other judges of the Central District of California can remain so silent, It's like there is some kind of family relationship between the judges that makes them protect each other. It's really disgusting.
And Justice For All

Los Angeles, CA

#12 Monday Aug 31
I'm telling all of the partners at the LA law firms not to hire Mr. Real's law clerks. It's the only way for justice. His evil clerks do all his work.

Mr. Real is 92 years old. And the sole reason he's still on the bench is because he's Latino/Hispanic. The son of a grape-picker, you'll have to pry his dead hands from the bench before he gives up his $155,000 a year salary.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Los Angeles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ripple Effect Management Adds Two More Managers... 9 min Ripple Effect Man... 1
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 8 hr Chris 20,107
occupy leader hires soundgarden for police offi... Tue los angles occupy... 1
head of los angles occuppy leader is also a pol... Tue bomb sqaud leader 1
Resolution to Move On From the Hate Crimes in L... Tue Patricia_McGurk 1
News Collecting fire trucks becomes career for Joe O... (Jul '09) Tue concerned citizen 14
10/325 watson norco's 4 sale Los Angeles, Pasad... (Jul '09) Tue Morris 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Los Angeles Mortgages