California seeks to ban free, single-use carryout bags in retail

Jun 5, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Chain Store Age

New York City The California State Assembly on Wednesday narrowly approved a bill would make California the first state in the nation to ban single-use plastic and paper bags from being handed out free of charge at supermarkets, drug stores, convenience stores and liquor stores.

Comments
4,401 - 4,420 of 4,895 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
Do I want a bag

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2013

Yeah...DOUBLE BAG IT
Spandex

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2013

The spandex bag numbers are #5156
Bags

Fremont, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

Michaela Mihailova wrote:
The banning of single use paper bags from being given out for free is a definitely a step in the right direction.
Probably not.
Given that it is assumed that most people use over 130 bags each year, it is essential that everyone starts making changes to be more environmentally conscious.
No, I only use 127.
This new law is going is the first step in making California and plastic-bag-free state.
Then I'm moving.
Single cell

Glendora, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

Judged:

Single cell carry out bags, you say?
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

The children often remind me that food fads have been a part of American culture, even from before the time when the nation was established. I explain to the kiddies that these food fads have usually not caused much damage because most of those fads have been short-lived. I tell them, though, that now that looney revolutionary Government social activists have used Governmental despotism to get in on the act, no one knows how much damage might be done.

By virtue of Long Beach being home to one of the most radical of the State's unbelievably expensive taxpayer funded California indoctrination camps - the so-called Government universities - it is only natural to expect Long Beach to be the center of revolutionary political activism. For example, the revolutionary activists hate worker *("middle")* class women and men who are forced to suffer the cost of paying for their destructive anti-social behavior. It was there that the now worldwide war against ordinary overtaxed women and men who partake in the simple worker *("middle")* class pleasure of enjoying an occasional tobacco product began.

Now, the revolutionaries have acted to increase "the bottom line" of their Big-Food donor pals by criminalizing competitive little *(non union)* grocers who provide the simple convenience of providing their customers with plastic grocery bags to carry their Government controlled groceries to their overtaxed humble homes.

No one knows what the revolutionary ruling class *(druggies)**(now in power)* will do next to harass the majority of overtaxed and underrepresented Americans - simple God fearing Americans who ask nothing more of revolutionary Government than to be left alone.

Ronald
Select

Glendora, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Judged:

Checks, lights and crosses?
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Select wrote:
Checks, lights and crosses?
Select.

Exactly. We can rail all we want about the degenerate ruling revolutionary class *(perverts)*,*(now in power)* but if the minority of Californians who pay taxes fail to effectively address the matter of the unbelievably expensive taxpayer funded revolutionary California Government university system all those efforts will come to naught. It's time to close 'em down.

Ronald
Carry on

Glendora, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Judged:

Is that anything like a carry on?
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Carry on wrote:
Is that anything like a carry on?
Carry on.

Like most others who read this thread, I believe you are entitled to express your opinion. Even so, I do not believe you should find it necessary to use thinly disguised code words to express your deep seated feelings of racism and homophobia. Can't we join together and agree to raise the level of the debate? The Africans and our Homosexual friends are just how God made them. Get over it.
Skeet Packers

Glendora, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Judged:

Skeet packers are at it
true

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2014

Test
Unionized

Glendora, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

Judged:

Skeet packers are now unionized, so watch out.
Kimberly

Moreno Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2014

Judged:

When is the Kimberly is driving to Moreno Valley, California?
Extinct

Glendora, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2014

I though the single cell organisms were extinct?
privategirl678

Soledad, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2014

Great idea
Extinct

Glendora, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2014

People under the influence of a single brain cell

I though the single cell organisms were extinct?
true

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2014

Test
Extinct

Glendora, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2014

Was this another Jim Jones single cell brain tests?
jim

Yorba Linda, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2014

tired wrote:
Why dont retailers use biodegradeable bags?
They are illegal in California. Go figure.
jim

Yorba Linda, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2014

Judged:

Make my dog doodoo bags illegal and I will treat my 2 trash cans as exactly the same, only different colors.
I'll just put the crap in old cereal boxes and such and toss it in the green trash can... Or the black one ..... who cares.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Los Angeles News Video

•••
•••

Los Angeles Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Los Angeles People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE