Sierra Madre, CA

#8011 Apr 28, 2014
Don't worry it ain't going to effect me, I'll buy my way out of it? And keep on

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#8013 Apr 29, 2014
Chassitie wrote:
Don't worry it ain't going to effect me, I'll buy my way out of it? And keep on
Time to leave CA, Toyota and many companies are. Only the crack heads will be left in san dimas. LOL
Got yeah shorty

Sierra Madre, CA

#8014 Apr 29, 2014
Today, the Supreme Court ruled in favor of EPA's Cross-State Air Pollution Rule, which EDF has been tirelessly defending. The rule tightens limits on certain forms of air pollution that power plants in 28 states in the East and Midwest are allowed to emit.

Air pollution from these plants drifts across state borders, contributing to dangerous—and sometimes lethal—levels of smog pollution in downwind states.

After 3 years of waiting, today’s ruling means this life-saving rule can now go into effect. Each year, this rule will:
•Save up to 34,000 lives
•Prevent 400,000 asthma attacks
•Avoid 1.8 million sick days
•Provide benefits of $120-$280 billion

Thank you for your commitment and support during this long fight—we simply could not rise to these challenges without you.
Atomic Bomb Mexico

Long Beach, CA

#8017 Apr 29, 2014
Once again we see how more Mexicans in California are messing up the state and the country. Expect to see more jobs lost from companies like Boeing, Toyota, Northrup, etc. because these companies are leaving the mexican-torn California for better states to hire better equipped job clientele. Mexico is no better than Afghanistan and Iraq. The violence just keeps on coming. Already, Disneyland is ghetto because of the delinquent and low-class mexican immigrants from the 80s, 90s, and 2000s. There is more trash on the ground in Disneyland than all of Disney World in Florida.
Speaks 8017 bigot

Sierra Madre, CA

#8018 Apr 30, 2014
Once more another Dona's Sterling want t be bigot speaks up/
Speaks 8017 bigot

Sierra Madre, CA

#8019 Apr 30, 2014
Once more another Donald Sterling want ta be bigot speaks up
Koch itch

Sierra Madre, CA

#8024 Apr 30, 2014
In 1990, as bipartisan support rose for a cap-and-trade plan to harness markets and solve the acid rain disaster, the Koch Brothers poured their money into a front group—the "Concerned Citizens for the Environment"—with the goal of derailing this much-needed solution.

The group—without any citizen membership—produced studies insisting that acid rain was a myth (sound familiar?). They lobbied for deregulation of corporations, insisting that was the true way to protect the environment.

They lost. Our plan to reduce acid rain was put into action, affecting even the Kochs' heavy-emitting refineries and factories. And it was a massive success.

We cut sulfur dioxide emissions in half, at a fraction of the expected costs. By 2000, scientists were documenting decreased sulfates in Adirondack lakes, improved visibility in national parks and widespread benefits to human health. The Economist called it "the greatest green success story of the past decade."
Coal is King

Paducah, KY

#8025 Apr 30, 2014
In the end coal will prevail. Whether the nation that takes advantage of it is the USA or China or India remains to be seen.

The nation that chooses coal will be an economic powerhouse. The nation that does not will sink to Third World poverty.
Koch itch

Sierra Madre, CA

#8026 Apr 30, 2014
That koch itch is like the republican crabs.
sampson

Beaumont, CA

#8027 Apr 30, 2014
In the meantime, Mary Nicols and the board at the AQMD decided to change the horse in midstream with California truckers. Anyone with 4 or more trucks, had to comply with purchasing costly new equipment or retrofit the old. The board decided to allow small fleets to keep polluting the air dispute their own ruling over 6 years ago. Now, how can the fleets that abide by the rules compete with fleets that get a pass? If you make rules, enforce them! Now you'll see even more companies go out of business because of this.

Got yeah shorty wrote:
Today, the Supreme Court ruled in favor of EPA's Cross-State Air Pollution Rule, which EDF has been tirelessly defending. The rule tightens limits on certain forms of air pollution that power plants in 28 states in the East and Midwest are allowed to emit.
Air pollution from these plants drifts across state borders, contributing to dangerous—and sometimes lethal—levels of smog pollution in downwind states.
After 3 years of waiting, today’s ruling means this life-saving rule can now go into effect. Each year, this rule will:
•Save up to 34,000 lives
•Prevent 400,000 asthma attacks
•Avoid 1.8 million sick days
•Provide benefits of $120-$280 billion
Thank you for your commitment and support during this long fight—we simply could not rise to these challenges without you.
Rockys world

Sierra Madre, CA

#8028 Apr 30, 2014
Just like the stooges with the phony props made of rubber.
Get Right or Get Left

Yuba City, CA

#8029 May 1, 2014
Coal is King wrote:
In the end coal will prevail. Whether the nation that takes advantage of it is the USA or China or India remains to be seen.
The nation that chooses coal will be an economic powerhouse. The nation that does not will sink to Third World poverty.
China to pass US as top economic superpower by 2016
http://rt.com/usa/china-us-economic-economy-3...

CHINA & INDIA ARE BUILDING 4 NEW COAL POWER PLANTS – EVERY WEEK
The New York Times
Global demand for coal is expected to grow to 8.9 billion tons by 2016 from 7.9 billion tons this year. China is expected to add about 160 new coal-fired plants to the 620 operating now, within four years. During that period, India will add more than 46 plants.

Liberalism is stupidity on steroids!
While the rest of the world laughs at us, liberalism drags the USA DOWN!!!
Flattners

Sierra Madre, CA

#8030 May 1, 2014
May 01, 2014
Time to get of the old fart.
The House returns from recess this week and behind the scenes, a number of conservatives are scheming to oust Speaker John Boehner.
River Boat Pilot

Gilbertsville, KY

#8031 May 2, 2014
Get Right or Get Left wrote:
<quoted text>
China to pass US as top economic superpower by 2016
http://rt.com/usa/china-us-economic-economy-3...
CHINA & INDIA ARE BUILDING 4 NEW COAL POWER PLANTS – EVERY WEEK
The New York Times
Global demand for coal is expected to grow to 8.9 billion tons by 2016 from 7.9 billion tons this year. China is expected to add about 160 new coal-fired plants to the 620 operating now, within four years. During that period, India will add more than 46 plants.
Liberalism is stupidity on steroids!
While the rest of the world laughs at us, liberalism drags the USA DOWN!!!
Exactly my point.

But it is crazy environmentalism that has become a kind of nature worship religion, not "liberalism" in the dictionary definition of that word that is the problem.

Even if burning coal is contributing to global climate change, and I concede that it might be, it makes no sense for the U.S.A. to cripple our economy while China, India, and other Third World nations steam full speed ahead with coal.
O fee

Sierra Madre, CA

#8032 May 2, 2014
May 02, 2014
Time to get of the old fart.
The House returns from recess this week and behind the scenes, a number of conservatives are scheming to oust Speaker John Boehner.
O fee

Sierra Madre, CA

#8033 May 2, 2014
May 02, 2014
Time to get rid of the old fart.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#8034 May 2, 2014
O fee wrote:
May 02, 2014
Time to get rid of the old fart.
The House returns from recess this week and behind the scenes, a number of conservatives are scheming to oust Obama.
Save your farts, it's not that easy getting rid of Government workers. But I agree, Obama needs to go, he should resign. ow you have Russia threatening the astronauts and the space station over the sanctions, just as you'd expect.

Did anyone think Putin would play softball with Obama?

You've got this gang of college girls in the White House, using sanctions to try to keep Russian for encroaching on its surrounding territories.

So Russian replied, in effect: "You are passengers on our rockets to the International Space Station. Keep this up and maybe you should try to get there on your own, since you don't have rockets any more, thanks to Obama."

The Russian deputy minister said, "Sanctions are always a boomerang that come back and painfully hit those who launch them."

You know what?

The same thing could be said about Donald Sterling, the Clippers owner, and his fines and banishment.

Just wait and see what happens.
River Boat Pilot

Princeton, KY

#8035 May 2, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Save your farts, it's not that easy getting rid of Government workers. But I agree, Obama needs to go, he should resign. ow you have Russia threatening the astronauts and the space station over the sanctions, just as you'd expect.
Did anyone think Putin would play softball with Obama?
You've got this gang of college girls in the White House, using sanctions to try to keep Russian for encroaching on its surrounding territories.
So Russian replied, in effect: "You are passengers on our rockets to the International Space Station. Keep this up and maybe you should try to get there on your own, since you don't have rockets any more, thanks to Obama."
The Russian deputy minister said, "Sanctions are always a boomerang that come back and painfully hit those who launch them."
You know what?
The same thing could be said about Donald Sterling, the Clippers owner, and his fines and banishment.
Just wait and see what happens.
I'm not certain I understand where you are coming from in this tirade, or what you think the U.S.A. should be doing in the Ukraine situation.

Me. I say stay the hell out of it.

Back almost 200 years ago the U.S.A. stuck up a "No Trespassing" sign on the Western Hemisphere called the Monroe Doctrine. It said that the New World was our sphere of influence and the Europeans powers should keep out. They pretty much honored it too.

Ukraine is Russia's front yard. It was part of Russia for more than 1,000 years before 1991. It is in Russia's sphere of influence. If the U.S. expects Russia or any other nation to respect the Monroe Doctrine, then we have to respect Russia's sphere of influence in Ukraine.

Think of it this way too. Suppose the Hispanic element in Texas was to take Texas out of the Union the way Ukraine was taken out of Russia in 1991. Then suppose the Anglo element there decided that they wanted to remain Americans. Would the U.S. tolerate any foreign power, Russia, China, or anybody else interfering in it? I don't think so.
Hover times

Sierra Madre, CA

#8036 May 2, 2014
You'll need hover craft to navigate the dried up rivers.
Coal is King

Hopkinsville, KY

#8039 May 3, 2014
Hover times wrote:
You'll need hover craft to navigate the dried up rivers.
The Global Warming hysterics' propaganda says that Florida, the Gulf Coast, and the Sacramento Valley will be under the coastal sea, so it will be a trade out. There'll even be some fine ocean front property in Arizona to hear them tell it (I'm wondering where the beach will be. That desert sells cheap now, but when the oceans rise... Money to be made by the investor who buys now. Almost as sure a bet as stock in Solyndra was.) That's a lot of new navigable water - not to mention some mighty fine fishing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Los Angeles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 4 hr True blue 19,387
WARNING ALERT!: Ebola hits NYC: CrossFit Solace... 7 hr ALERT 1
Hollywood is Mutilating Women in the War on Women 8 hr Tnhellbilly69 4
Los Angeles upholstery cleaning and repair (Jun '08) 11 hr Jerry Boggs 4
LA Earthquake Prediction November 2014 16 hr Rainbows 3
Voto Latino: African Americans and Latinos Unit... (Mar '12) Thu lmer 942
Teaching men to shop for groceries Thu koni b 2

Beach Hazards Statement for Los Angeles County was issued at October 24 at 8:52PM PDT

Los Angeles News Video

Los Angeles Dating
Find my Match

Los Angeles Jobs

Los Angeles People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Los Angeles News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Los Angeles

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]