Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201878 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Mikey

Long Beach, CA

#217694 Sep 22, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Such a rather bizarre fascination with sniffing butts.
<quoted text>
Yes it is..You're the one mentioning all the time.
So much for "tolerance and diversity".
<quoted text>
You get exactly what you give..so don't go crying when YOU don't get any tolerance. I'm surprised you even know the word 'diversity', too bad you don't know what it means or it's value.
Repressing what....do tell? Like you don't know moron..you're not even worth the time.
<quoted text>
Nice talk....not very gay, as in happy. Poly pride, all part of "marriage equality".
Thank you..Ah, I see you're another 'poly' greedy sexist pig to boot. you've had enough attention for the day POS

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#217695 Sep 22, 2013
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you..Ah, I see you're another 'poly' greedy sexist pig to boot. you've had enough attention for the day POS
".....'poly' greedy sexist pig..."? This from sexist woman hater.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#217696 Sep 22, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you far righters love hitler so much and want the USA to be Nazi fascist?
Actually it seems like you far left liberals are the ones that act like your beloved hitler. On March 23, 1933, the German
Parliment met to consider passing a bill that Adolf Hitler had created called the Enabling Act. It was officially called the 'Law for Removing the Distress of the People and the Reich.' Why were the
German people in such distress? Because their government was in utter chaos, and the German
leaders wanted to reassure the people that everything would be ok. The only fly in the ointment
was that the Nazis had, behind the scenes, caused the distress themselves by creating the crisis, so that they could step in and solve it. Today, Barack Obama is changing times and laws in America, giving himself unprecedented power
never before seen. His ObamaCare bill. now the law of the land, empowers him to create his own
private army, forces citizens to abide by unconstitutional laws, and will use the IRS in much the same
way that Hitler used his brown shirts to make people get in line behind his policies. Many Americans
will awake to late to the fact that Obama has subverted the United States Constitution, and stolen
our precious liberties and freedoms. That's why Obama's followers are encouraged and taught to
follow and have faith in Obama the man, and not in our God or in our country. This is exactly the
ploy that Hitler used to great and terrible effect in Nazi Germany.

Sound familiar?
OBAMA

Elk Grove, CA

#217697 Sep 22, 2013
Both Hitler and Obama wrote ghost-written autobiographies prior to the start of theri run for political office. Hitler wrote Mein Kampf (My Struggle), and Obama wrote Dreams Of My Father. Both men then wrote a second book talking about their goals
for German and America. Hitler wrote A New World Order, and Obama wrote The Audacity of Hope.
•
Both Hitler and Obama originally had last names that were changed later in life. Hitler used to be Schickelbruber, and Obama's last name was Soetoro.
•

Both Hitler and Obama hid their real identies. Hiter had a Jewish ancestry, and Obama
a Muslim one. But unlike Hitler, Obama flaunted his Muslim roots in his start as a politician in order to defuse the inevitable firestorm. His ploy of "hiding in plain sight" worked very well.
•
Both Hitler and Obama's supporters followed them blindly, and without question
•
Both Hitler and Obama used political power and coercion to conceal and hide their birth certificates from coming to public view. Hitler made his disappear, and Obama is unwilling and unable to produce his long-form birth certificate.
•

Both Hitler and Obama advocate using young people as a driving force to create an "army" of youth dedicated to their Ideals. Hitler had his Hitler Youth, and Obama his
Obama Youth Brigade.
•
Both Hitler and Obama were known for their tremendous oratorical skills
•
Both Hitler and Obama received Messianic comparisons, and both men had songs of adoration written about them and for them.
•
Like Hitler, Obama rules in direct disregard to the will and wishes of the people.

Elk Grove, CA

#217698 Sep 22, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
All you posted is a lie...Thought to you Christians leis were bad..Why you lying so much.
It's well documented, what's a lie is relying on information from gay times. You are like a pot head quoting from high times.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#217699 Sep 22, 2013
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
We're poly! We're jolly! And we're IN YOUR FACE!
Mikey

Long Beach, CA

#217700 Sep 22, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
".....'poly' greedy sexist pig..."? This from sexist woman hater.
Never said I hated women, moron...just more bigoted twirl from you..
Mikey

Long Beach, CA

#217701 Sep 22, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
We're poly! We're jolly! And we're IN YOUR FACE!
Why don't you try for just one woman to fk you, then maybe you can progress to that level.POS But first you'll have to do something about all that ingrown a$$ hair choking your brain stem.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#217702 Sep 22, 2013
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you try for just one woman to fk you, then maybe you can progress to that level.POS But first you'll have to do something about all that ingrown a$$ hair choking your brain stem.
I don't want to enter a poly marriage, I simply want to discuss marriage equality. Why does that make you so angry?

Is that your whole argument against marriage equality? Frankie has ingrown hair choking his brain stem? Or do you have more?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#217703 Sep 22, 2013
douchebaggery wrote:
<quoted text>
How does it not equate to marriage? Perhaps you are using an outdated definition of the word marriage; the ability of procreation is not a criteria to be considered married. Same sex marriages were tolerated in a lot of civilizations and cultures. Biblical attitudes condemn it, but not all people in this world follow Western ideology.
No, ss couples made extremely rare and short-lived appearances in history. Ss couples being called married never established itself and spread in a single culture in all of human history.

On the other hand, marriage has been present in every single culture in human history. What a profound difference! This was true across all cultures and religions.

At it's most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.

Ss couples are a defective failure of mating behavior.

Ss couples will only ever be a mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered half of marriage.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#217704 Sep 22, 2013
douchebaggery wrote:
<quoted text>
"Pointlessly duplicate gendered"
You are asserting a very subjective remark here. To whom is it pointless? Same sexes marry for economical and familial reasons. When their partner is in the hospital, they can visit them as they will be the spouse. Clearly, not a pointless union in their perspective.
Not subjective at all.

The whole purpose of mating behavior is reproduction. A drive that is at least equated to our desire for air or water.

A duplicate gendered couple is absolutely incapable of fulfilling mating behavior. Pointless.

Here is a question for you;

Why does a butch lesbian dress and act like a man to attract another lesbian?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#217705 Sep 22, 2013
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
Never said I hated women, moron...just more bigoted twirl from you..
You denigrate others who practice plural marriage, or introduce it into the discussion of "marriage equality", as "greedy and sexist", while elevating SSM to the level of a secular sacred cow. Hypocritical.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#217706 Sep 22, 2013
douchebaggery wrote:
<quoted text>
How does it not equate to marriage? Perhaps you are using an outdated definition of the word marriage; the ability of procreation is not a criteria to be considered married.
True, but it is the reason by which marriage is recognized in the first place. If human reproduction wasn't sexual, would there be a need for marriage?
Same sex marriages were tolerated in a lot of civilizations and cultures. Biblical attitudes condemn it, but not all people in this world follow Western ideology.
True, there are scattered historical examples of recognized same sex unions. Virtually non existent in Western civilization until its invention in the late 20th century.
Mikey

Long Beach, CA

#217707 Sep 22, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
You denigrate others who practice plural marriage, or introduce it into the discussion of "marriage equality", as "greedy and sexist", while elevating SSM to the level of a secular sacred cow. Hypocritical.
Not Hypocritical...3 does not equal 2! To label polygamy as 'marriage equality' is an oxymoron. I can't think of anything more UN-equal. You want polygamy? then fight for it on your own or go to the middle east (Please), don't try and tag it along with gay marriage, they are not even remotely the same. POS
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#217708 Sep 22, 2013
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
Not Hypocritical...3 does not equal 2! To label polygamy as 'marriage equality' is an oxymoron. I can't think of anything more UN-equal. You want polygamy? then fight for it on your own or go to the middle east (Please), don't try and tag it along with gay marriage, they are not even remotely the same. POS
Spoken like a true person of tolerance and diversity! Gimme mine screw yours.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#217709 Sep 22, 2013
Of all the moronic arguments against marriage equality, the arithmetic one is probably the dumbest.

You can't get married because two does not equal three. Priceless.
Stolen lands

La Puente, CA

#217710 Sep 22, 2013
The way I heard it, them Moron's shot killed and raped the rightful owner's in the first place, so kick their worthless as s off land they stole in the first place,

The face-off is the second time Bundy has challenged federal officials. In 1998, a federal judge issued a permanent injunction against the white-haired rancher, ordering his cattle off the land.

Representing himself, Bundy lost his appeal to San Francisco's 9th Circuit Court of Appeals. A simple man in a plaid shirt and denims, he's handled his legal battle from his Nevada ranch house, arguing in mailed-off court filings that his Mormon ancestors worked the land long before the BLM was even formed, giving him rights that predate federal involvement.
Mikey

Long Beach, CA

#217711 Sep 22, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Spoken like a true person of tolerance and diversity! Gimme mine screw yours.
Aren't those your general comments on here? And why should you be allowed polygamy? You didn't fight for it, you've made NO persuasive arguments for it and yet you stomp your little feet and say 'they get theirs what can't I have mine too'? Trying to ride on the backs of people who when out, worked hard and made a difference. Your a sick greedy baby who's also an a$$hole.
Mikey

Long Beach, CA

#217712 Sep 22, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Of all the moronic arguments against marriage equality, the arithmetic one is probably the dumbest.
You can't get married because two does not equal three. Priceless.
Maybe, but it is the most logical, 3 doesn't equal 2 AND it ISN'T 'marriage equality'. There's NOTHING equal about it.
BuzzWalled

La Puente, CA

#217713 Sep 22, 2013
Buzz-walled hasn't figured it out yet.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Los Angeles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump 3 hr Deceived 6
News First ocean sample tests clean after Los Angele... 13 hr Ronald 5
Raising Minimum Starting Wages to $15 per Hour ... Fri Raydot 2
vincent e martz is egor Fri tabula thapstergal 2
News Gang shooting in Rancho Cucamonga injures two (Apr '10) Fri aud 150
News A girl waves a Mexican flag during rallies in L... (Mar '06) Fri Hanson Bologna 4,511
News John Swoboda (Apr '12) Fri hMMMMM 5

Los Angeles Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Los Angeles Mortgages