Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201854 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#212554 Aug 26, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if that were true, it would be a non-issue.
That is PRECISELY the double standard I was mentioning the other day.

Knoxville, TN

#212555 Aug 26, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if that were true, it would be a non-issue.
Interestingly, last Ground Hog's Day, I discussed how this is a COMPLETE double standard!

Knoxville, TN

#212556 Aug 26, 2013
commonpeeps wrote:
<quoted text>Guess you interviewed all them kids huh dipstick. and I'm sure what they actually thought wasn't persuaded by the fact that they felt sorry for their own 'parents' and didn't want to hurt their feelings further. Even a kid raised by an abusive drunk has feelings towards their parents, huh, that you probably know more about first hand. Or the fact that a parent of a queer kid isn't actually going to say how disgusted they are so as to not lose that child. Once again, probably something you are more familiar with . Fruitloop
In the real world kids don't get to choose their parents. Adopted kids have more of a say-so in who is adopting them than natural offspring.

And we all know that kids, once they reach their teens, feel embarrassed about their parents--how they talk, where they work, how they dress, the car they drive, etc.

Having same-sex parents would be no more of a burden to them than anything else.

If a child's parents cannot provide a good home and the adopted child can prove it, then they can return to the foster care system. All children--adopted or not-have that option
Carol Liu

Monrovia, CA

#212557 Aug 26, 2013
Several bills authored by state Sen. Carol Liu, D-La Cañada Flintridge, recently passed the Senate and now await Gov. Jerry Brown's approval.
Mushy Stallsbugh

Sonoma, CA

#212560 Aug 26, 2013
Hi,
Folks is saying that the congerssman in Washington what gave that speech about the gays's and leasbians and such has given them egytiptans and them others the full skinny on this here problem we got and that is why they is all in they streets a running around and hollering and such and killing everybody what is also running around and hollering because they is mad at what the fellow said we was fixing to be doing here to them folks and forcing every other damm buddy to become a homersexual and have abotions. Now if this be true then we are in for a bit of hollering hear to also included. Their arent no dout that what we must do is stop the whole show right in its tracks and give a think to running off and starting up where we can be free of whatever that is and join christ and discover the releif of the scripture. That is what they say, folks say.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
kookaa

Long Beach, CA

#212565 Aug 26, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Look it up moron. Most gay men have anal sex. Most straight men do not have anal sex. Read it and weep.
I don't need to look anything up, as I told you before. I am actually gay and know what that means in the real world. You are talking stereotypes and "facts" you read somewhere online. In any case, it's none of your business what gay people do in their intimate moments. So stop thinking about it.
kookaa

Long Beach, CA

#212568 Aug 26, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the best unbiased studies, less than half of straight men have tried anal sex. According to the best unbiased studies, most gay men routinely practice anal sex.
These are facts that you can read online too! Facts are fun! Your "I'm gay and I know better than facts!" schtick is dumb. Try harder. And not so dopey, m'kay fruitloops?
You have been mislead by biased studies.
kookaa

Long Beach, CA

#212569 Aug 26, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the best unbiased studies, less than half of straight men have tried anal sex. According to the best unbiased studies, most gay men routinely practice anal sex.
These are facts that you can read online too! Facts are fun! Your "I'm gay and I know better than facts!" schtick is dumb. Try harder. And not so dopey, m'kay fruitloops?
There is no such word as "m'kay". Please use proper English on Topix. Thanks.
kookaa

Long Beach, CA

#212575 Aug 27, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I learned that from a gay poster. Jonah1. I call him Joanie Baloney. He uses that sometimes m'kay? I thought I'd speak your dopey language just to be tolerant and diverse like you m'kay?
So excuuuuuuse me! M'kay?
I don't have any special language as a gay person. I speak English.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#212576 Aug 27, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
But Kimare does have one (small) point correct. This does not happen often, and it should be nurtured.
Now is the time to start this discussion. In time, science will discover the root causes of sexual orientation. In time, science will discover methods for making changes to a person's genetic code.
Put that together, and you will have someone calling for a "fix" for homosexuality.
Perhaps science will come up with the causes for people believing a fantasy story is true then we can have a "fix" for the religious.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#212577 Aug 27, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps science will come up with the causes for people believing a fantasy story is true then we can have a "fix" for the religious.
However, at this point, I'm more married all by myself than SS couples are.

That's how severe your denial is.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Steve

Chico, CA

#212578 Aug 27, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
And that's why so many people want to deny gay folks legal marriage? Because marriage and monogamy INCREASE the incidence of AIDS/HIV?
AIDS/HIV doesn't discriminate between those possessing a legal document or not.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#212579 Aug 27, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to look up the word denial

they are married... legally, and recognized legally. Not an opinion a fact, a fact that you are in denial of.

You would do better not to try and use words you don't understand
Big D

Modesto, CA

#212580 Aug 27, 2013
Believe Truth wrote:
<quoted text>even more revealing is the fact that less than .0001% of straight men have ever tried anal sex as the bottom. Gay men and straight women are the primary recipients during anal sex.
pull that statistic out of your.... a$$?

LOL

99.4% of all statistics are made up on the spot 97.92% of the time
Big D

Modesto, CA

#212581 Aug 27, 2013
kookaa wrote:
<quoted text>
You have been mislead by biased studies.
These unbiased studies brought to you by the Rush Limbaugh show!
Fossil

Monrovia, CA

#212582 Aug 27, 2013
We are perhaps on the brink of a major change in the weather pattern here on our little planet.

Instead of bemoaning it and pointing fingers at what the causes may be our job now is to learn to deal with it.

Adapt or die as the saying goes. It really doesn't matter who or what caused our present changes in the weather patterns.

They have happened before in even more drastic form and those who were not prepared and did not adapt perished.

Knoxville, TN

#212584 Aug 27, 2013
Believe Truth wrote:
<quoted text>even more revealing is the fact that less than .0001% of straight men have ever tried anal sex as the bottom. Gay men and straight women are the primary recipients during anal sex.
I think you might be surprised to learn that many heterosexual men enjoy "pegging"--being topped by their female partners who are wearing a "strap-on".

You guys need to get out more...

Knoxville, TN

#212585 Aug 27, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
So, this is what it comes down to... You are "more married"? What the hell does that even mean? Is this a race?

How childish...
Big D

Modesto, CA

#212586 Aug 27, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
So, this is what it comes down to... You are "more married"? What the hell does that even mean? Is this a race?
How childish...
The funny part what using the term denial in the same post about someone else.

Wow... it is almost a textbook case of denial on Kimare's part

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#212587 Aug 27, 2013
commonpeeps wrote:
<quoted text>Guess you interviewed all them kids huh dipstick. and I'm sure what they actually thought wasn't persuaded by the fact that they felt sorry for their own 'parents' and didn't want to hurt their feelings further. Even a kid raised by an abusive drunk has feelings towards their parents, huh, that you probably know more about first hand. Or the fact that a parent of a queer kid isn't actually going to say how disgusted they are so as to not lose that child. Once again, probably something you are more familiar with . Fruitloop
So you got nothing. Yeah, we already knew that. Fucktard.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Los Angeles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News D.A.: Operators Will Be Prosecuted For Murder I... 12 min marg 1
Very Large Burmese python bagged in Everglades 17 hr Tom 1
News $75,000 Reward Approved For Information Leading... Wed Kurtz 1
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Jul 28 Samuel-7g-Jackson 20,089
FDA US is banning some Mexican cilantro Jul 28 Ken 1
Car & pedestrian collision? Soon be an app for ... Jul 28 Ginnie 1
Seattle’s $15 Minimum Wage Law Came Back To Bit... Jul 27 Joan 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Los Angeles Mortgages