Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201888 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Big D

Modesto, CA

#212636 Aug 27, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
For a man who says he's not partisan, you sure are partisan.
Republicans are democrat light. Less calories, less filling. Better for your heart and regularity than democrats but still commies.
No way to answer that until you can find the post where I said I was not partisan.

I have said I don’t always agree with democrats, I have in the past when the GOP used to be a viable party voted for a republican.

In our current environment I would not vote for a republican unless there was no other choice.

I don’t necessary like what democrats do, but it is better than what republicans would do.

Fortunately the Tea Party has insured I really don’t have to worry about that. The cannot run an electable candidate as long as the Tea Party is the litmus test for a nomination.
Council carriers

Covina, CA

#212638 Aug 27, 2013
An outbreak of dengue fever linked to a neighborhood on Florida's Treasure Coast has caused Mosquito Control officials to go door-to-door in an effort to get rid of mosquitos.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#212639 Aug 27, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
However, at this point, I'm more married all by myself than SS couples are.
That's how severe your denial is.
if you're married to yourself then you must have sex with yourself. and based on what you write up here, you don't even satisfy yourself.

pity you
Big D

Modesto, CA

#212640 Aug 27, 2013
Jerseyboy For Life wrote:
Hurry up "Jesus" come back!,Sodom and Gomorah is being created here in America,against the majority of us.Pretty soon it will be "QUEER" to be straight,or normal like God intended..........But I'm happy,its a sign of the END TIMES.......God's wrath will prevail.......So injoy yourselves you Sodomites......Screw your brains out...
This poster is why you never ever vote for a religious fundamentalist for high office.

They are hoping for the end of the world, and would be happy to help make it happen.

He would have his finger on the launch button before he got his suitcases unpacked
Big D

Modesto, CA

#212641 Aug 27, 2013
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
if you're married to yourself then you must have sex with yourself. and based on what you write up here, you don't even satisfy yourself.
pity you
Procreative sex mind you ;)

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#212642 Aug 27, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as no one is harmed, consenting adults should be free to make their own choices, absolutely.
As they are now, without government involvement.
Yesterday

Covina, CA

#212644 Aug 27, 2013
Just lots of water falling from the sky today and yesterday.
suzanne henderson

Sacramento, CA

#212645 Aug 27, 2013
Jerseyboy For Life wrote:
Hurry up "Jesus" come back!,Sodom and Gomorah is being created here in America,against the majority of us.Pretty soon it will be "QUEER" to be straight,or normal like God intended..........But I'm happy,its a sign of the END TIMES.......God's wrath will prevail.......So injoy yourselves you Sodomites......Screw your brains out...
Praise God for your comments Jerseyboy For Life and you are right it is SODOM AND GOMORRAH. This is a sign of the times, for God said in Second Chronicles Chapter 7 verse 14 and I quote: "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." Some say this will only apply to the Hebrews, but in the New Testament, in the Book of Romans Chapter 2 verse 29, it says and I quote: "But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the Spirit, and not in the letter; whose Praise is not of men, but of God."
Big D

Modesto, CA

#212646 Aug 27, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
As they are now, without government involvement.
No the government is already involved in marriage, legal matters and our court system.

So the way to make it equal is to make it legally equal.

Which is exactly what we are doing
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#212647 Aug 27, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Procreative sex mind you ;)
all things considered, looooord, i hope not!

<shudders>
debsuelyn

Sacramento, CA

#212648 Aug 27, 2013
Thank you so very much for Jerseyboy For Life comments. We are in agreement with you.
Wrapped up at 5

Covina, CA

#212649 Aug 27, 2013
Those were the days.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#212650 Aug 27, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hogwash fairytale nonsense.
<quoted text>
Yawn. More stupid nonsense. Your faith is irrelevant to civil rights, and "considering [...] what it entails" is nothing more than the slippery slope nonsense your kind continue to pretend exists, yet not one of you can demonstrate it. Cause you got NOTHING. You never will. You're a loser, just like your cause.
Smile bitch.
Jonah,

Vile anger is your argument? Really sad testimony of your lack of reasoning...

Did you know I'm more married all by myself than your partner and you ever can be?

Smile.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#212651 Aug 27, 2013
Cantankerous Clod wrote:
<quoted text>
Guardedly agree. That post has a bit more to it than the usual lav wall scrawl, one guesses. Just what, though, escapes...is this a scary prophet, or just another good rhymer howler dope? I raely go beyond observer stance, as you surely can tell.
Have a fine time in continuing doing what you do herein..your posts are, in large part, a hoot. Well done, Sir.
Thanks. It's a lot of fun.
Wizzio

Covina, CA

#212652 Aug 27, 2013
Is that Wizzio?

Haven't heard from him in decades, where you been?

Oh, that's right you got into a little trouble and they sent you to the gray bar motel.

Nice that your finally out.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#212653 Aug 27, 2013
Wizzio wrote:
Is that Wizzio?
Haven't heard from him in decades, where you been?
Oh, that's right you got into a little trouble and they sent you to the gray bar motel.
Nice that your finally out.
Glad you missed me.

Since: Apr 11

Panorama City, CA

#212654 Aug 27, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
First, you admitted wanting to change your orientation. Most homosexuals do.
I'm sure you'd quit being a side show freak if you could.
Most people don't like to be different in a way that sets them up for abuse.
KiMare wrote:
Second, you promoted transsexuals being fixed. Now it is being a Nazi for parents to choose normalcy? They are wrong for wanting grandchildren?
They can't want what they want, but their children aren't obligated to change just about everything in their lives to make the old folks happy.

Since: Apr 11

Panorama City, CA

#212655 Aug 27, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You lie.
A majority of gay men do engage in anal sex.
A small percentage to straight s have tried anal sex.
SS couples are still only ever a mutually sterile, duplicate gendered half of marriage.
Should you be allowed to marry? You have both sets of sex genes. If you marry, one set would be duplicated.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#212656 Aug 27, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You play dumb so well.
You know exactly what it means, why the need to lie?
However, I'll take the opportunity you give to clarify.
The complimentary blend of two genders in the reunion of marriage is distinct. There is no other relationship in life that comes close.
It is so idiotic to attempt to equate a duplicate half, that it becomes offensive without even considering the callous trampling of culture and faith that it entails.
Childish? That and more is all yours VV.
1.) In the future, could you use the word "union" instead of "reunion" when so narrowly defining marriage for the rest of the world? The reason I say this--and I'm embarrassed for you to have to point it out--is that a "reunion" indicates that the "two genders" have at one time been together, separated, and then "reunited".
When you say "reunion of marriage" it makes you sound stupid(er).

2.) No one is trying to duplicate the kind of marriage that you and your spouse have. We don't have to. Marriage has never been so narrowly defined that each and every single marriage must be based on the same narrowly defined set of rules or reasons.
As has been pointed out to you MULTIPLE times, two people can get married for any number of reasons. It can be based on love, desire to start a family, to increase one's status in life (financial), or based purely on sex or lust.
Same-sex marriages can be based on these reasons too. Just because they do not spew forth an offspring is no reason to say that they are less "real".
It is childish of you to want or need to feel "more married" than someone else. It says SO MUCH about the kind of person you are.

3.) As has been established MULTIPLE times throughout these discussions, "culture" and "faith" are VERY subjective terms. Those things that you value in your culture and faith may not be of value to me. It doesn't make you "more right" or "more wrong". It simply means that we do not agree on what is of value to us.
Stop trying to impose your values onto others.
Remember the exercise that I've taught you--about respecting other people's boundaries.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#212657 Aug 27, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd have to say both your answers are evidence you need help, and why gays know nothing of being a parent.
It is answers like yours that inspire me to keep up the fight.
Oh... I keep forgetting... You're a MASTER of child-rearing.

You seem to indicate that parenting requires an almost Jedi-like knowledge--that it's a great mystery that can only be solved by a couple of people as long as one of the couple has a penis and the other has a vagina.

I'm happy that you feel as though I'm the wind beneath your wings.

How about this... You focus on child-rearing in your own home, while the rest of us focus on whatever issue happens to be important to us.

You don't get to be the "Parent God" for everybody, Kim. It's not your place. Your narcissism and sense of entitlement stands in the way of you understanding this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Los Angeles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Child gets Burned, Beaten and Sexually Abused i... 21 hr smart Gino 2
Review: Distribuidora Duche West Sat Gracilea Mond 3
The Trump low down Sat poc proud to be poc 1
After Orlando Scams & waste loom as charity mil... Sat Dewey 1
News Jehovah's Witness Tells L.A. Audiences of Defyi... (May '06) Sat judas raphan 90
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Sat Hipocrit 20,505
News Hillary Clinton is exploring the outer limits o... Sat tumbleweed 3

Los Angeles Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Los Angeles Mortgages