Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201877 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Big D

Modesto, CA

#208008 Aug 8, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a little bit scared.
You know, I suspect nearly everyone here would agree on over 90% of issues, they just focus on what they don’t agree on.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#208009 Aug 8, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a little bit scared.
Relax fruitloops.
suzanne henderson

Shingle Springs, CA

#208010 Aug 8, 2013
sheesh wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you be willing to explain a couple of things to me?
I cannot for the life of me see a rational relationship between Christ dying and you getting forgiven for your sins. It appears to be a non sequitur to me. I also cannot see anyone being anything less than embarrassed if someone else had to die for their bad behavior.
I hadn't given the notion much thought until I had a lengthy conversation with one of my brothers. He's deeply religious. He is Methodist and devout but questions things that don't seem to make sense.
My father, a devout Christian too, surmised that Christ didn't actually die on the cross. The cause of death is asphyxiation as the muscles that expand and contract the chest volume to inhale and exhale can't operate efficiently while one is hanging by the arms. Death typically takes several days. He wasn't left up on his cross for days as was typical in the process. He was taken down and then carried to his tomb where he arose three days later. By description the whole process is rather horrendous. Pop's theory was he went into shock and recovered some days later.
Thank you for your response. I have started a new forum that I will be using to respond to someone who is asking for imput on certain subjects pertaining to the Scriptures and I will try my best to answer you there. The subject on the forum comes up almost on the top because I just started it this morning. It is called "Do you really know what the word Church means? There may be alot of people that want to write me, but I believe most of them will be there to ridicule my post or say profane things which really do not affect me because I have God through Christ on my side, but if I feel that someone is really asking a question like I feel you are doing, I will be more than willing to answer you the best way that I know through Scripture. Thanks much.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#208012 Aug 8, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Nor does anyone need yours, I am just reminding them that their religion is as important as any other religion, no more, and no less in the eyes of the law.
But Big D. I never pompously offered my permission. You did.

You don't "remind" us, you condescendingly preach to us. Like a dreaded pastor. A pompous pastor!
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#208013 Aug 8, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your response. I have started a new forum that I will be using to respond to someone who is asking for imput on certain subjects pertaining to the Scriptures and I will try my best to answer you there. The subject on the forum comes up almost on the top because I just started it this morning. It is called "Do you really know what the word Church means? There may be alot of people that want to write me, but I believe most of them will be there to ridicule my post or say profane things which really do not affect me because I have God through Christ on my side, but if I feel that someone is really asking a question like I feel you are doing, I will be more than willing to answer you the best way that I know through Scripture. Thanks much.
Nope, it don't work that way. You littered this place, you pick your crap up.

Answer the mans questions.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#208014 Aug 8, 2013
The peanut gallery is unusually taciturn this morning.

What's up? Jizzy? Big D? Veryverbose? hello, hello?
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#208015 Aug 8, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, I suspect nearly everyone here would agree on over 90% of issues, they just focus on what they don’t agree on.
Well duh.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#208016 Aug 8, 2013
What will Jizzy's next sock puppet be called? Only Poof knows. I have a few suggestions for him though.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#208017 Aug 8, 2013
Polygamy deserves the same consideration and respect as same sex marriage.

Marriage. There is no one right way.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#208018 Aug 8, 2013
Bigot!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#208019 Aug 8, 2013
Hater!
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#208020 Aug 8, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
The peanut gallery is unusually taciturn this morning.
What's up? Jizzy? Big D? Veryverbose? hello, hello?
I don't know what that even meant. Look it up for me.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#208021 Aug 8, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
No need to apologize to that big dope Veryverbose. He should talk about writing. Long winded, poor sentence structure. Dopey content.
Your writing is fine, just stick a few spaces in there for the dopey jackass. Maybe he'll shuddup. He has no argument against what you say so he attacks your writing.
I MIGHT have arguments for or against what she says, but good God, looking at her posts leaves me feeling like I've just see a "word brick".

It's tightly constructed with NO space between thought streams.

It's like listening to a monotone pastor who never takes a breath.

At least with my postings I try to separate my thoughts so they read almost like bullet points.

And I'll never apologize for the length of my posts; especially not to you.

Admit it... You're usually cowed by what I write. You're completely stumped. Your only retort is "It's too long".

I suspect that you've never heard a woman say those words to you.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#208022 Aug 8, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what that even meant. Look it up for me.
I don't understand what you mean. You should Google it.

LMAO!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#208023 Aug 8, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I MIGHT have arguments for or against what she says, but good God, looking at her posts leaves me feeling like I've just see a "word brick".
It's tightly constructed with NO space between thought streams.
It's like listening to a monotone pastor who never takes a breath.
At least with my postings I try to separate my thoughts so they read almost like bullet points.
And I'll never apologize for the length of my posts; especially not to you.
Admit it... You're usually cowed by what I write. You're completely stumped. Your only retort is "It's too long".
I suspect that you've never heard a woman say those words to you.
Sure, I am kind of cowed. You can tell. Cowed by your idiocy. I can't top that.

Bet no women besides your momma has even seen yours.
Very Frankie Vermillion

Hayward, CA

#208024 Aug 8, 2013
You are cowed by my greatness! I am awesome!

My 500 word rambling idiotic posts are better than your 500 word rambling idiotic posts!

My word bricks are better than your word bricks!

So there!
Big D

Modesto, CA

#208025 Aug 8, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
But Big D. I never pompously offered my permission. You did.
You don't "remind" us, you condescendingly preach to us. Like a dreaded pastor. A pompous pastor!
If you are going to stay in this country you really need to learn what the words people use mean.

Someone else was preaching, and I let them know that they are free to preach all they want, as long as they don’t try and apply their rules to anyone else.

I don’t care that you don’t comprehend what is being said, I don’t care that you have no grasp of English, I am not interested in explaining 3rd grade level words to you.

You simply are not bright enough to be in this or any conversation.
Poof

Rock Island, IL

#208026 Aug 8, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Polygamy deserves the same consideration and respect as same sex marriage.
Marriage. There is no one right way.
You are using the wrong bait.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#208027 Aug 8, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are going to stay in this country you really need to learn what the words people use mean.
Someone else was preaching, and I let them know that they are free to preach all they want, as long as they don’t try and apply their rules to anyone else.
I don’t care that you don’t comprehend what is being said, I don’t care that you have no grasp of English, I am not interested in explaining 3rd grade level words to you.
You simply are not bright enough to be in this or any conversation.
Don't ever again present any conditions I must abide by to stay in this country.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#208028 Aug 8, 2013
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>You are using the wrong bait.
I'm not fishing for Jizzys. If I were I'd bait my hook with a fruitloop.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Los Angeles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 3 hr OMTE 20,386
Trump 5 hr Patrick Aei 2
election best candidate trupp 5 hr Patrick Aei 2
Donald Trump's star on Hollywood's Walk of Fame Sat Jane 1
General Question on Finding my grandparents att... Fri Richard 3
News First ocean sample tests clean after Los Angele... Fri Jenger 2
City of Buford, Wyo., population 1 Fri Grace 1

Los Angeles Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Los Angeles Mortgages