Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 8,808)

Showing posts 176,141 - 176,160 of200,315
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

The Original Fry Cook wrote:
Let's see if the diehard liberal shitstains with crushing white guilt can reconcile this:
JEANTEL WARNED ZIMMERMAN COULD BE GAY RAPIST
TRAYVON: NOT THAT KIND OF WAY
Tue Jul 16 2013 11:55:00 ET
Last night Trayvon Martin's friend Rachel Jeantel gave CNN her first interview since testifying in the George Zimmerman murder trial.
Jeantel opened up and let loose on the murder case that gripped that nation.
She explained to CNN's Piers Morgan how she warned her childhood friend that Zimmerman -- could be a gay rapist!
MORGAN: You felt that there was no doubt in your mind from what Trayvon was telling you on the phone about the creepy ass cracka and so on, that he absolutely believed that George Zimmerman, this man, you didn't know who he was at the time, but this man, was pursuing him?
JEANTEL: Yes.
MORGAN: And he was freaked out by it?
JEANTEL: Yes. Definitely after I say may be a rapist, for every boy, for every man, every -- who's not that kind of way, seeing a grown man following them, would they be creep out?
She continued:
"And people need to understand, he didn't want that creepy ass cracker going to his father or girlfriend's house to go get -- mind you, his little brother was there. You know -- now, mind you, I told you -- I told Trayvon it might have been a rapist."
It's a good thing that she knew about those "gay rapists", isn't it?
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
It possibly means a female relative of his partner's is the biological mother, that would make the brother of the mother, the child's uncle.
"Flowers In The Attic"... Eat the cookies...
Common Man Watch

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

sheesh wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet another mangled assault on language by an ignorant buffoon.
OH, my mistake, it wasn't his father's home. It was his father's fiance's rented home. He had every right to be in that gated community as he was there as a guest.
Martin was never anywhere near Zimmerman's home, so Zimmerman wasn't protecting his home.
Martin, petty thief, casual pot smoker. Dead.
Zimmerman, woman beater, drunkard cop assaulting, judge's spoiled undisciplined son turned killer. Free as a bird. I suspect this won't be his last brush with the law. He's been getting away with stuff for too long. He'll be back. Mark my words. You can go cheer for him too. Maybe even waste some of your hard earned money on his defense fund like some other tools. Oh, BTW, he did tick off the judge when he wasn't honest about this at the bail hearing.
I can see where that would make someone like you jump for joy.
I'm glad you stooped to the lowest common denominator. Nope, not been in trouble with the law unless you consider an occasional speeding ticket to be a sign of a hardened criminal. In fact I have testified regularly on behalf of the state in animal cruelty cases. You, OTOH, are an illiterate buffoon.
I'm sorry, could you steer me to the parts you wrote about Martin being a petty thief and a homophobe?

Thanks in advance.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Joanie Baloney is having another bad hair day.
:-(
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do we hate loving adults just because they want to live and marry as a threesome?
On what rational basis do we pick the arbitrary number Two when other (allegedly) arbitrary distinctions have been declared the enemy of decency? Polygamy has a historical and social acceptance in many cultures which far surpasses gay marriage, a very recent phenomenon.
Why should the children of polygamous relationships have to live in shame and be subjected to discrimination, to paraphrase Justice Kennedy?
http://legalinsurrection.com/2013/06/polygamy...
Errr, Because the ph4gget$ want to feel special and precious, an overlooked bounty in our midsts? I dunno, it seems very narrow-minded to me, but they call US the haters, go figure...
(damn biased filters)
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do people bitch and complain about it when they are not personally willing to lift a finger, get any signatures, or actually work toward making what they constantly wine and cry about happen?
Because they have every right to?
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey ahole why are YOU using MY registered LEGAL profile
That's1 funny1. Silly1, but1 funny1.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
There seem to be 4 camps
Those that want it for religious reasons
Those that want it for a way to collect extra government support checks
Those that want it as an excuse to molest children
Those that could care less about it but bring it up on forums that are about same sex marriage as a diversion.
None of those 4 reasons bode well for the idea, when folks get past those 4 reasons, then something might happen, but as long as those are the 4 camps, it will go nowhere.
He wasn't asking about SSM, as your answer addresses the concerns about it, it was about polygamy. Please stay on topic..
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
There seem to be 4 camps
Those that want it for religious reasons
Those that want it for a way to collect extra government support checks
Those that want it as an excuse to molest children
Those that could care less about it but bring it up on forums that are about same sex marriage as a diversion.
None of those 4 reasons bode well for the idea, when folks get past those 4 reasons, then something might happen, but as long as those are the 4 camps, it will go nowhere.
I'll help you out. they are basing their claims on religious and constitutional grounds. they are requesting the same consideration, however, for the same reasons that quiffies want SSM. Clear now, Captain Confused?
BTW. Those reasons that you mistakenly gave were invalid. You all said so, when they were used against the g4ys. You may not reintroduce them now.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait for it. This is the bigot's way of setting up a completely mis-representation of what was previous stated. Another example of this tired fundie routine is, "so what you are really saying...".
This allows the fundie to then go off on a tirade based upon something that they made up rather than what was actually stated.
<quoted text>
Actually anyone with half an IQ would realize that it would have to be "of my spouse". The fact that you are confused and think it could be either "me" or "him" shows how ridiculously stupid you are.
<quoted text>
If she was a surrogate, it wasn't her child now was it pumpkin? Honestly, don't you get tired of showing off how stupid you are?
<quoted text>
No dear, we're a full family. Not a damn thing you can do about it. Well, other than childishly post like you are doing. Your pathetic attempts to goad demonstrate your true character. You're a complete c*nt who doesn't mind showing off that fact.
Smile dear.
<quoted text>
I'm sure the children already understand, since they were told and are now practically adults. But please, don't let facts get in the way of continuing your sanctimonious condescension! Watching fundamentalist Christians show off how truly vile they are makes me giddy!!
<quoted text>
Well, being the busy bodied fundie that you are, you do tend to find the stupidest things to be interesting. It's like watching a turkey get excited over something shiny.
<quoted text>
No hon, I realize that c*nts like yourself find it reprehensible. I don't concern myself with what c*nts think.
But thank you hon, for demonstrating to anyone reading this thread what vile people fundamentalist Christians are. Bigots for Jesus!! Smile be-atch!
"Wait for it. This is the bigot's way of setting up a completely mis-representation of what was previous stated. Another example of this tired fundie routine is, "so what you are really saying...".
This allows the fundie to then go off on a tirade based upon something that they made up rather than what was actually stated." We've seen Chongo in action. no need to describe your routines for us, and mis-attribute to us.
"Actually anyone with half an IQ would realize that it would have to be "of my spouse". The fact that you are confused and think it could be either "me" or "him" shows how ridiculously stupid you are."
No need to change the wording, it was perfect already. "Partner" is fine.
"If she was a surrogate, it wasn't her child now was it pumpkin? Honestly, don't you get tired of showing off how stupid you are?"
This is where you claim that surrogate parents are not biological parents. Wrong, ass-munch.
"No dear, we're a full family. Not a damn thing you can do about it. Well, other than childishly post like you are doing. Your pathetic attempts to goad demonstrate your true character. You're a complete c*nt who doesn't mind showing off that fact."
This is where you cloddishly attempt to validate you mismatched family, and to justify your nonsense from earlier. While calling someone a c*nt is meant to display your debating skills.
"I'm sure the children already understand, since they were told and are now practically adults. But please, don't let facts get in the way of continuing your sanctimonious condescension! Watching fundamentalist Christians show off how truly vile they are makes me giddy!!" I'm sure that they do understand, you can't scam them forever. They are certainly aware that they are part of a freakshow.
"Well, being the busy bodied fundie that you are, you do tend to find the stupidest things to be interesting. It's like watching a turkey get excited over something shiny." you'd have a lot of time in, watching turkeys get excited, eh? Interesting times you have...
You're a full blown. We got the picture. so do your kids, who secretly hate you...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they were not both accurate. I easily demonstrated that. I did so knowing that by admitting to being a father I could then anticipate your intentionally hateful posts about my family.
Thank you so much for not letting me down. Opening the door for ugly people like yourself to show off in all their splendor how truly hateful they are makes me giddy!!
Never think for a moment that fundamentalist Christians won't always show off how truly ugly they are if given the opportunity!
Smile.
They were both accurate. you were born giddy. It is why you think that you and your ..."man" think that you have kids.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Poof wrote:
<quoted text>During the first fights over same sex marriage, the bible and religion where used as a way of denying marriage to gays and lesbians. In this nation we don't make laws based on religion. If the people whom want polygamy are doing so based on religion, the answer is no. Just as it was for denying same sex marriage. It works both ways. The question of polygamy was answered long ago.
Research Service 2
Christianity.6 These bodies of religious law may play as relevant a role in certain legal actions as
sharia might play in others.
In the United States, these religious laws have no legally binding effect on U.S. citizens because
religious laws cannot be adopted by federal, state, or local governments under the First
Amendment. Rather, individuals who identify with a particular religious group may voluntarily
subject themselves to such religious laws by their association with the community.7 For example,
if a particular religious sect or denomination requires its members to dress modestly, and an
individual who is a member of that particular group does not comply with the dress code, that
individual would be in violation of that groupís religious law. The individualís belief in the
religionís precepts would guide his or her individual actions, with any sanction for noncompliance
generally remaining a private matter between the individual and the religious group.
The individual would not be subject to any penalty by the government because the government
does not enforce such a dress code. Interestingly, this distinction between religious and secular
laws can become complicated when an action might be governed by both religious law and
secular law. For example, many religious denominationsí beliefs prohibit murder under their
religious code. Both federal and state laws also prohibit murder. Thus, an individual who
commits murder would be in violation of both a religious law and a secular law and may be
sanctioned by the religious group, the government, or both.
http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R41824.pdf
You're a schmuck. the Constitution guarantees them that right. they seek it, for love. Just the same reasons that the poofs used. To great success. Ask for money, and use "love" as the reason. Find some words in the Constitution that back up the claim. Bang! Irrefusable. Now, grant the same rights, for the same reasons. Unless, of course, you think that the Constitution can be disputed?
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Poof wrote:
<quoted text>During the first fights over same sex marriage, the bible and religion where used as a way of denying marriage to gays and lesbians. In this nation we don't make laws based on religion. If the people whom want polygamy are doing so based on religion, the answer is no. Just as it was for denying same sex marriage. It works both ways. The question of polygamy was answered long ago.
Research Service 2
Christianity.6 These bodies of religious law may play as relevant a role in certain legal actions as
sharia might play in others.
In the United States, these religious laws have no legally binding effect on U.S. citizens because
religious laws cannot be adopted by federal, state, or local governments under the First
Amendment. Rather, individuals who identify with a particular religious group may voluntarily
subject themselves to such religious laws by their association with the community.7 For example,
if a particular religious sect or denomination requires its members to dress modestly, and an
individual who is a member of that particular group does not comply with the dress code, that
individual would be in violation of that groupís religious law. The individualís belief in the
religionís precepts would guide his or her individual actions, with any sanction for noncompliance
generally remaining a private matter between the individual and the religious group.
The individual would not be subject to any penalty by the government because the government
does not enforce such a dress code. Interestingly, this distinction between religious and secular
laws can become complicated when an action might be governed by both religious law and
secular law. For example, many religious denominationsí beliefs prohibit murder under their
religious code. Both federal and state laws also prohibit murder. Thus, an individual who
commits murder would be in violation of both a religious law and a secular law and may be
sanctioned by the religious group, the government, or both.
http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R41824.pdf
Save the cut-n-paste, charlatan, the Constitution trumps all.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Polyp Cam wrote:
Joanie Rage Stain is covering the earth like Sherwin Williams!
Pull the trigger, Joanie. Turns out that Trayvon didn't accept you after all.
Or Jeantel, or whatever her name was...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Poof wrote:
<quoted text>Really? Can you find some examples of same sex marriage that meet the 4 reasons Big D listed?
Those that want it for religious reasons.
No, religion does not apply, remember?
Those that want it for a way to collect extra government support checks.
Adopt-a-check. G4ys do it why point at it?
Those that want it as an excuse to molest children.
NAMBLA.
No-one has used it as a diversion, it is real.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Poof wrote:
<quoted text>ROFLMAO, Frankie are you a 3rd class asshat???
Aww, and you were trying so awfully hard to be funny. Pity..
Are you looking for a soulmate? Try ASS-HATS_R_US.com, you might yet score a friend..
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually you did. You said it required a heterosexual couple. Do you need the post number again where you made that stupid claim? Why must you lie so if your cause is so just?!
<quoted text>
No? Really?!!!! OMGosh everyone, did you all know that a female is required in order for childbirth to occur? Quick, someone needs to get this information into the news!!!! Hurry!!! This is very important!!!!!
You also can't have a c*nt without a female. Thank you for demonstrating that so effectively with your ineffective and childish condescension.
<quoted text>
Wow! Now there's some made up fantasy!! Sorry bitch, but I'll take my children's word on the matter of that of a bitter cur like yourself! Smile.
<quoted text>
LOL!! No dear, you make it your business to lie, spread gossip, initiate discord and be a busy bodied bitch. There's quite a difference between that and protecting children from imaginary scenarios that you make up in your anal sex obsessed head.
My children neither need, nor want, your "protection". Neither do any other children of decent families.
<quoted text>
And yet I'm not behind bars, I've not been committed of anything criminal, my children are both great, and your still a bitter c*nt!
Smile.
<quoted text>
I just read that you completely make shyt up. Share this with the sheeple dear, no one else is buying your bullshyt.
<quoted text>
LOL!!! You get more pathetic everyday. if they had a contest for the most cowardly loser on Topix it would come down to you and Brian_G. You reek of desperation and skank.
You must be VERY confused about what constitutes a heterosexual couple....1 of each gender.
Yes, we knew that, you must not realize that we know that, if you are still trying to push the idea that:
1 you are gay.
2 you have a husband that gave you children.
See the problem? We are paying attention to the details, problem..
Your kids haven't been honest with you.
You will be, before you are done..c*nt.
That line about buying BS is a line that you have seen used against you. Try to be original, cupcake..
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo1 wrote:
<quoted text>Don't make me report you. Stop using MY Name. Even the bums on 42 2nd street don't get away with that crap. Try selling oranges I bet you can make twenty bucks a day doing it. That buys a lot of crappy wine. Now get a job you dead beat, and stop sucking the teat of the Government.
Nice1 one1, Jizzy1
sheesh

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Common Man Watch wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, could you steer me to the parts you wrote about Martin being a petty thief and a homophobe?
Thanks in advance.
I've got a better idea. You steer me to the part I wrote about Martin being a homophobe. You might want to put the tea on, caffeinated, as you're going to be quite busy in a futile search.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Trayvon would have beat on Jonah1 just as surely as he did on any other crazyass cracka.
At Jeantel's behest...Bet she worked him up into a lather, and made him rage and get himself killed.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 176,141 - 176,160 of200,315
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

28 Users are viewing the Los Angeles Forum right now

Search the Los Angeles Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Gaits realty 11 min Matt 1
How the Civil Rights Act of 1964 changed America 32 min Abdurratln 149
Humble and Lavi Combines Beauty and Philanthrop... 1 hr Humble and Lavi 1
Donald Sterling and Steve Ballmer Meet for the ... 2 hr Musikologist 2
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 4 hr just wondering 18,537
A girl waves a Mexican flag during rallies in L... (Mar '06) 4 hr gomerspile1966 4,482
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 7 hr Sparky A2 7,833
•••
•••

Los Angeles News Video

•••
•••

Los Angeles Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Los Angeles People Search