Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#192966 May 23, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you have never heard of minding your own business.
Hey, you brought up the slut and the two "gay" guys who took turns banging her, I didn't, reverend jackass.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#192967 May 23, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
You guys want to keep marriage an exclusive action; a club for opposite gender people only.
That is the very definition of discrimination based on sexual orientation.
If you and others are so afraid of your particular marriages losing their "meaning", all because some same-sex partners being allowed to marry, then you didn't have much of a marriage to begin with.
I am not "you guys". I support SSM, simply because I see no COMPELLING arguments against it and I have gay friends that I want to be happy.

I am not afraid and most people against SSM are not afraid of it either, most of them just don't see the need for it. And they fear if we make marriage all inclusive, everyone will be married and it will mean nothing.

Does your version of "marriage equality" include everyone who wishes to be married? If no, who would you exclude? Why?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#192968 May 23, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn’t being fundamentally re-defined, we are just making it more inclusive.
The thousands upon thousands of same sex couples legally married in the US today certainly did not re-define my marriage in any way at all.
Removing the gender part of "a man and a woman" most certainly is redefining marriage. And quite radically.

But it's OK! Call it what it is. Be honest for once. You'll never bring anyone over to your side by lying to them.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#192969 May 23, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Since mocking people is all you have you must sit home every Friday night, alone, by yourself.
Just because you do, doesn't mean anyone else does dummy.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#192970 May 23, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
No I am not expendable in my marriage, my wife is not expendable in our marriage, as a non-religious person I may be unfamiliar with your terms of people as “expendable” in a marrage.
What I am saying is I am married, and my wife and I have not had to redefine our marriage in any way at all because same sex couples could marry, furthermore the court cases have been lost twice now by the supporters of Prop 8 and one of the many reasons for the loss is because they could not find a single married couple whose marriage was harmed by same sex couples being able to marry
Not one
Why don’t you tell us.... in what way was your marriage harmed by same sex couples being able to marry?
Less government freebies to go around.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#192971 May 23, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually a club for men and women, as husband and wives. You are not barred from the club. The membership is very simple.
<quoted text>
How so? Does any state require a statement or orientation prior to issuance of a marriage license?
<quoted text>
The point is not our "particular marriages", but marriage as a whole, a matter of public policy, a shared understanding of its purpose and function. By your reasoning, there'd be no reason to bar any consenting adult relationship. In which case what is the point, why license it at all.
1.) We are barred from marrying the person of our choice. You seem to have no problem with us shacking up out of wedlock. Many of us have long-term partners; much longer than straight people.

We want the rights and protections of marriage for our own needs. We are in no way attempting to redefine marriage. We only want legal status.

Your marriage would in no way be impacted.

2.) States have, by way of DOMA and other individual state constitutional amendment, have made it impossible for us to marry. So, yes, orientation is definitely a part of the marriage process.

3.) You guys are the ones who came up with marriage licenses. You guys are the ones who put together a whole set of protections and rights ONLY provided to legally married couples. And now you piss and moan because other couples want those rights and protections.

How petty! How childish!

One day, this issue will be over and done with. The only reason people like you are on here now is because we're breathing down your necks. You know that there is NOTHING that you can do to stop same-sex marriage from happening in this country. All you can do is flock to sites like this and spit into the wind.

Mainstream Christians have lightened up their attitudes toward homosexuality and gay rights. So have republicans.

How much longer do you think this can drag out?

We're in the military; openly fighting for the country. Do you honestly think that Americans are going to deny a basic right to people who are willing to lay their lives on the line?

It's not a matter of "if", but a matter of "when".

Bank on it...

Knoxville, TN

#192972 May 23, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not "you guys". I support SSM, simply because I see no COMPELLING arguments against it and I have gay friends that I want to be happy.
I am not afraid and most people against SSM are not afraid of it either, most of them just don't see the need for it. And they fear if we make marriage all inclusive, everyone will be married and it will mean nothing.
Does your version of "marriage equality" include everyone who wishes to be married? If no, who would you exclude? Why?
At this point, I would exclude you from marrying... If for no other reason than you are a dirt-bag.

You have been on here pretending to be a champion for all. It's such an obvious ruse.

You climb up Kimare's ass; cuddling up with him; cheering him on...

You lost any sense of believability to me long ago.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#192973 May 23, 2013
As he ( and no one else ) has been able to answer that question, I think we can now dispense with the whole same sex marriage harms marriage argument.

No one can find a couple whose marriage was harmed by other people getting married. No one in this forum, and no one that the lawyers failing to defend Prop 8 could find either.

We can file that in the trash along with the whole procreation argument.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#192974 May 23, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
At this point, I would exclude you from marrying... If for no other reason than you are a dirt-bag.
You have been on here pretending to be a champion for all. It's such an obvious ruse.
You climb up Kimare's ass; cuddling up with him; cheering him on...
You lost any sense of believability to me long ago.
Cool story. So much for tolerance and diversity eh, jackass?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#192975 May 23, 2013
Big D wrote:
As he ( and no one else ) has been able to answer that question, I think we can now dispense with the whole same sex marriage harms marriage argument.
No one can find a couple whose marriage was harmed by other people getting married. No one in this forum, and no one that the lawyers failing to defend Prop 8 could find either.
We can file that in the trash along with the whole procreation argument.
No one has argued procreation is a requirement for marriage, that's your straw man. But if you want to argue that marriage has nothing to do with procreation you're going to lose. It's one of the main reasons the government is involved in marriage. And one of the main reasons marriage was invented.

If we remove all restrictions on marriage, Everyone will be married and marriage will mean nothing. Someone has to be excluded Big D, so who's it going to be? I say SSM, poly and incest marriage all deserve the same respect and consideration. Where do you draw the line Biggy?
Kubota

Covina, CA

#192976 May 23, 2013
News update May 23, 2013 - Corner moves it's team in, the city of Glendora has provided a Bobcat excavator with a front scoop and driver to excavate the backyard, that left and a smaller Kubota tractor with a backhoe has taken over 12:30 P.M. May 23, 2013..

May 22, 2013 - a news helicopter has been hovering for about an hour over the big dig area. The house in question is located at the end of a cul-de-sac, three owners have occupied this house since Robert Byron sold it and moved to Covina, Ca. we have tracked down the first owner to buy this house and are currently investigating.

Glendora, California 1978 a 24 year old lady went missing, now the LA County Sheriffs Department is on the job and digging up a back yard in the city of Glendora, California 91740.

The person who reported her missing was her husband, the house has been sold three times since then, her car was found in a parking lot of Ontario Airport.

Glad to see some real police department work is being carried out by the sheriffs department on 555 Essex Street.

The neighborhood kids like the husband, but no wife? Wonder what happened to her remains?
More insider information to follow.

According to sources the back yard of this house in questions was not landscaped and only consisted of tall weeds and hard pack bare soil, dead pets were buried in the backyard before someone landscaped the entire backyard.

A patio concrete slab and cover was built before Robert B. sold the house for he first time.

Glad to see the GPD is doing crowd and traffic control.

Stand back, the Corner has brought out the dogs and shovels to start unearthing something buried in this houses backyard.

Knoxville, TN

#192980 May 23, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool story. So much for tolerance and diversity eh, jackass?
Kimare comes on here and fans the flames of anti-homosexual sentiment; you say "Bravo!", and I'm supposed to sit back and celebrate your "tolerance" and "diversity"?

Gays aren't out to do away with heterosexuals. But people like Kimare would have us all "cured" or "fixed" if he could only figure out a way to do so.

His ideal world wouldn't have gays and lesbians on it.

When you start speaking out against his hatred and intolerance, we can talk. Until then, you're a dirt-bag in my eyes.

Knoxville, TN

#192981 May 23, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
No one has argued procreation is a requirement for marriage, that's your straw man. But if you want to argue that marriage has nothing to do with procreation you're going to lose. It's one of the main reasons the government is involved in marriage. And one of the main reasons marriage was invented.
If we remove all restrictions on marriage, Everyone will be married and marriage will mean nothing. Someone has to be excluded Big D, so who's it going to be? I say SSM, poly and incest marriage all deserve the same respect and consideration. Where do you draw the line Biggy?
Marriage was "invented"? By whom?
Gay Progene 888-512-4421

Akron, OH

#192982 May 23, 2013
#1 Gay Male Enhancer. Wether you want to enhance ya sex life, marriage or workouts... Call 24/7 365 for info about ingredients and a free 30 day supply. Lets make this product viral;-)

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#192983 May 23, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Hallmark.....many....many moons ago.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#192986 May 23, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Back in the days of slavery, and guilt or innocence via duel, burning at the stake, crucifixions and a lot of other ancient ideas
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#192989 May 23, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
By people, who'd you think dummy? Dogs? Are you trying to tell me procreation has no relation to marriage?

Look Very Red, I fully support your right to equal protection. I don't disagree with you about SSM, I support it and you consider me a "dirt bag". I can only imagine how much you hate those against SSM.

They are not stupid, and they are not less worthy of respect than you. They are just wary of this tremendous social change and resent you marginalizing them over it. Way to win hearts and minds fruitloops!

So there we have it. I support marriage equality. Do you? For polygamy? For incest marriage? I suspect you are a hypocrite.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#192990 May 23, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet Hallmark supports SSM and any other new occasion to sell cards. Soon a full line of polygamy cards! One for 2 wives, one for three wives, two husbands, etc.

How about the marry your sister card? I'm sure they come up with some nice sentiment for that one!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#192991 May 23, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Back in the days of slavery, and guilt or innocence via duel, burning at the stake, crucifixions and a lot of other ancient ideas
Do u write this stuff yourself......or do u have help with the delusional elements. What do those have to do with defining marriage as a union of husband and wife?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#192992 May 23, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet it was great great grandpa Big D who fixed all those things. Right?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Los Angeles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
any teens in Los Angeles wanna hook up? 3 hr hey5482 1
is a afro life more valuable than a Hispanic life 10 hr who da fuhk 2
California Wind Farms Kilt All The Birds (Aug '11) 10 hr who da fuhk 4
American Sniper Goes Beyond Tradition to Take ... 10 hr who da fuhk 2
What Gwyneth Paltrow Has to Do With Saving the ... 10 hr who da fuhk 12
Bachman Gomert Presidential Campaign Heats Up 10 hr who da fuhk 2
Review: Broadway Bail Bonds 12 hr davidmartinez332 1

Los Angeles News Video

Los Angeles Dating
Find my Match