Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,163

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#190739 May 1, 2013
KiMare wrote:
Stocking wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't use the word Monster, why monster? are we living in an anime. Mutation?, may be, but really I think diversity, genetic rarity. Monster has obvious negative implications and mutation, well were you born with regular DNA then something happened to change it. You've said chimera, I'm thinking this is what I call mosaic: a variable mix of XX and XY in any given sample. If that's the case then why use the term monster mutation, other than for dramatic effect. Well, you have the right to call yourself what you like, I was questioning the mental health of it, but then if you're happy I suppose it doesn't matter. Personally I call myself Intersexed with a genetic mosaic.
<quoted text>
The fact that you agree with this part of Stocking's post only affirms that you are as ignorant of a genetic chimera as he is.
There is no 'mosaic' of DNA. There are two complete sets of DNA in me. To top that off, I have a functioning penis and a non-functioning vagina. And don't forget the third nipple.
If anyone deserves the term 'monster mutation', it is me. However, like GLBT's, that is about our physical mistakes. It is not who we are, unless we deny it. Then that distortion becomes something personal, and affects our personal life and those around us.
My challenge to people is walk with fearless honesty as far as you can in every aspect of your life. It is only there you will make the best and healthiest choices in life.
I came on here to understand the issue. What I found was some of the deepest denial in existence. About something as clear and simple as relationship types and sex. I simply put my verbal finger on the denial with reality and watch the mercury squirm.
Smile.
I'll attempt to word this in a fashion that you might grasp:

Hey KiBore, what is it about you that is a mutation?

Location hidden

#190740 May 1, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Very well said..
Isn't it funny though, that you say pretty much everything I have been saying yet our judge-it's are the complete opposite? Kind of tells ya something about the 8 people who troll this forum and rate comments doesn't it?
It kind of proves by point when I say, "People judge the ruling of the judiciary against their personal bias rather than it's validity when audited against the Constitution," don't ya think?
The only thing separating us is the crowd we insult directly!

Location hidden

#190741 May 1, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Still like this one:
"Think about how stupid the average person is; then realize that half of them are stupider than that!" - George Carlin
I don't think half the population gets this.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#190742 May 1, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
The world our ancestors lived in when the Constitution as drafted is much different than the world we live in today.
And?
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I happen to believe that the Constitution is a living document that is dynamic. It is open to interpretation depending on the time and culture of our country.
Thanks for proving my point about Liberal Progressives.
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm hardly alone in my beliefs.
And? Hitler wasn't alone either?
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
You try to look at the Constitution through the eyes of the founding fathers.
Yeah, it is the law after all?
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't do that with a 21st century mindset.
So it can change without the Amendment process so long as it agrees with you?
But when it doesn't?
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact of the matter is that much of this country's recent focus has been on equality. For decades we have focused on racial equality, gender equality, and equality for the disabled.
This issue has nothing to do with equality, it has everything to do with inclusion.
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
We now recognize inequality when we see it.
32 States don't, even liberal California didn't see it your way- TWICE.
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
It's ridiculous to go through a long and arduous process in order to provide equal rights to other minorities.
Again, thank you for proving my point about Liberal Progressives.

The Constitution is simply a road block in the way to your Utopia.
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should minorities wait until the majority decides their fate?
Because it's the law?
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
You may think that activist judges are out of control. But as I've pointed out, who cares what you THINK.
You will once the ruling's no longer go your way.
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
You are one of a bit over 300,000,000 people living in this country. It's not your playpen.
So we should just shred the Constitution? Which parts do you like?
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't like the way the country is being managed, by all means get out!
Management has nothing to do with the "Country." Remember, it is YOU who thinks the Constitution needs to change and "catch up with the times", why don't you leave? I am quite happy with the foundation of our country, you are the one who seems to have an issue with it.
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
In the meantime the rest of us will work the system to get the rights that we believe we deserve NOW. We aren't going to wait decades for the rest of you to play catch-up.
Yup, you "work the system", you don't ABIDE by it.

Location hidden

#190743 May 1, 2013
sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing separating us is the crowd we insult directly!
True.

I just have little patients for people who want to "educate" me on the Constitution when they admit they have never read ANY of the foundational documents.

Location hidden

#190744 May 1, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
True.pp
I just have little patients for people who want to "educate" me on the Constitution when they admit they have never read ANY of the foundational documents.
Little patients? Are those short sick folk?:p
HelDivers

Covina, CA

#190746 May 1, 2013
http://www.nhlp.org/files/Anchor%20Pacifica%2...

The same stupid bumbling idiots who were responsible for the last lawsuit (Glendora, California) the City Attorney D. Wayne Leech, City Manager Chris Jeffers, Finance director Josh Betta, Development manager Jeff Kugel, City Council member's:

Douglas Tessitor.

Gene Murabito.

Karen Davis.

Terry Kent. runs a house building business in town.

Gary Clifford.

Ken Herman.

Mark Kelly.

And all the other slobs on the Planning Commission who went along with the idiots in Glendora's city hall of shame.
HelDivers

Covina, CA

#190747 May 1, 2013

The same stupid bumbling idiots who were responsible for the last lawsuit (Glendora, California) the City Attorney D. Wayne Leech, City Manager Chris Jeffers, Finance director Josh Betta, Development manager Jeff Kugel, City Council member's:

Douglas Tessitor.

Gene Murabito.

Karen Davis.

Terry Kent. runs a house building business in town.

Gary Clifford.

Ken Herman.

Mark Kelly.

And all the other slobs on the Planning Commission who went along with the idiots in Glendora's city hall of shame.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#190749 May 1, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
And?
<quoted text>
Thanks for proving my point about Liberal Progressives.
<quoted text>
And? Hitler wasn't alone either?
<quoted text>
Yeah, it is the law after all?
<quoted text>
So it can change without the Amendment process so long as it agrees with you?
But when it doesn't?
<quoted text>
This issue has nothing to do with equality, it has everything to do with inclusion.
<quoted text>
32 States don't, even liberal California didn't see it your way- TWICE.
<quoted text>
Again, thank you for proving my point about Liberal Progressives.
The Constitution is simply a road block in the way to your Utopia.
<quoted text>
Because it's the law?
<quoted text>
You will once the ruling's no longer go your way.
<quoted text>
So we should just shred the Constitution? Which parts do you like?
<quoted text>
Management has nothing to do with the "Country." Remember, it is YOU who thinks the Constitution needs to change and "catch up with the times", why don't you leave? I am quite happy with the foundation of our country, you are the one who seems to have an issue with it.
<quoted text>
Yup, you "work the system", you don't ABIDE by it.
We WILL work whatever system in order to achieve our goals. If the Supreme Court decides that it is not unconstitutional to deny same-sex couples legal marriage, then we will continue to fight.

If you look around, we have not put all of our eggs into one basket. We are working with lawmakers to change state policies. We are working on voter initiatives to legally recognize our relationships. We are working through social systems--including religious institutions--to educate the public.

The right to marry is one of many rights in the LGBT movement. We now have workplace protections in many jurisdictions. We can now serve openly in the military. It is no longer illegal to participate in same-sex intercourse.

Forty or fifty years ago, nobody could imagine the progress we would make.

Getting what you want is about working a variety of systems, often at the same time. And like minorities in the past, that is exactly what we're doing.

We recognize that we aren't going to win every battle. But that hasn't stopped us. We've only grown stronger in our resolve.
Disappointed in CA

Loma Linda, CA

#190750 May 1, 2013
Too bad. Shame on that judge. What's the point in voting if the majority's decision can be overthrown by the minority?

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#190751 May 1, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
True.
Girl, your problem is that you have "little patients" for anything.
Chamber bums

Covina, CA

#190752 May 1, 2013
Los Angeles Chamber of Commerce President and CEO Gary Toebben, vice chair of the CEQA Working Group advocating for bigger changes.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#190753 May 1, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Girl, your problem is that you have "little patients" for anything.
When you have nothing else, fully exploit a mistake in spelling.

Location hidden

#190755 May 1, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
We WILL work whatever system in order to achieve our goals. If the Supreme Court decides that it is not unconstitutional to deny same-sex couples legal marriage, then we will continue to fight.
If you look around, we have not put all of our eggs into one basket. We are working with lawmakers to change state policies. We are working on voter initiatives to legally recognize our relationships. We are working through social systems--including religious institutions--to educate the public.
The right to marry is one of many rights in the LGBT movement. We now have workplace protections in many jurisdictions. We can now serve openly in the military. It is no longer illegal to participate in same-sex intercourse.
Forty or fifty years ago, nobody could imagine the progress we would make.
Getting what you want is about working a variety of systems, often at the same time. And like minorities in the past, that is exactly what we're doing.
We recognize that we aren't going to win every battle. But that hasn't stopped us. We've only grown stronger in our resolve.
And that's your problem. You don't give a damn about the law or the Constitution, just your personal agenda.

And it is this attitude, once exposed, that will prove detrimental to your cause and public opinion towards it.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#190756 May 1, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
And that's your problem. You don't give a damn about the law or the Constitution, just your personal agenda.
And it is this attitude, once exposed, that will prove detrimental to your cause and public opinion towards it.
The public doesn't "think" like you do. The majority will continue to support equality , particularly since more and more people in the public eye are coming out. Our cause is now the public's cause and you have been left in the dust. Don't believe me? Just ask Kimare. Zhe knows that the battle, and the war, are over.
Smackers

Covina, CA

#190757 May 1, 2013
FBI seeks help identifying three suspects seen at Benghazi mission video's during attack.

A good bet they are Muslim and crazy as bed bugs, don't bother they most likely are out killing more people anyway.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#190758 May 2, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I have yet to see you post facts. Moreover, you take every opportunity to bash anyone who disagrees with equating duplicate sterile halves with marriage using a bigoted judgment of religion.
No one is denying anyone marriage or legitimate rights. We are simply saying get your own, you have never qualified for marriage in any culture at anytime anywhere. Why? Because it is clear they are distinct relationships.
You are attacking and demanding everyone accept your fallacy. Has never happened before, and won't happen this time.
Smile.
<quoted text>
1. No, I bash stupidity and denial like yours.
2. I can list all the history of claimed ss 'marriages' on one hand.
3. There are distinct REASONS for marriage. Only one relationship is termed marriage. Calling ss couples marriage would dumb it down to a meaningless term.
SMile.
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Calling yourself a "pastor" dumbed down the profession, and yet there are still pastors.
1. I keep specifically pointing out why you fail as a professional social worker. You simply made an ad homoan attack.

2. There were, are and will be Pastors. There never was, is or will be ss couples 'married'. See the difference?

Smirk.

Location hidden

#190759 May 2, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing monstrous about you is your ass-holery.
Which brings up the inherent harm, unhealthiness and demeaning nature of anal sex. The violent imitation of natural, normal sex. A clear distinction between ss couples and marriage at the most intimate level.

See the difference between a crude ad homoan gay troll attack and an indisputable point of reason?

Smile.

Location hidden

#190760 May 2, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
The public doesn't "think" like you do. The majority will continue to support equality , particularly since more and more people in the public eye are coming out. Our cause is now the public's cause and you have been left in the dust. Don't believe me? Just ask Kimare. Zhe knows that the battle, and the war, are over.
You wish honey.

My point all along is that reality is unbeatable and has a vicious bitch slap. The denial and deceit of this issue is going the same way it has every time it has in the past. Failure and disappointment is inevitable.

Smile.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#190761 May 2, 2013
KiMare wrote:
Stocking wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't use the word Monster, why monster? are we living in an anime. Mutation?, may be, but really I think diversity, genetic rarity. Monster has obvious negative implications and mutation, well were you born with regular DNA then something happened to change it. You've said chimera, I'm thinking this is what I call mosaic: a variable mix of XX and XY in any given sample. If that's the case then why use the term monster mutation, other than for dramatic effect. Well, you have the right to call yourself what you like, I was questioning the mental health of it, but then if you're happy I suppose it doesn't matter. Personally I call myself Intersexed with a genetic mosaic.
<quoted text>
The fact that you agree with this part of Stocking's post only affirms that you are as ignorant of a genetic chimera as he is.
There is no 'mosaic' of DNA. There are two complete sets of DNA in me. To top that off, I have a functioning penis and a non-functioning vagna. And don't forget the third nipple.
If anyone deserves the term 'monster mutation', it is me. However, like GLBT's, that is about our physical mistakes. It is not who we are, unless we deny it. Then that distortion becomes something personal, and affects our personal life and those around us.
My challenge to people is walk with fearless honesty as far as you can in every aspect of your life. It is only there you will make the best and healthiest choices in life.
I came on here to understand the issue. What I found was some of the deepest denial in existence. About something as clear and simple as relationship types and sex. I simply put my verbal finger on the denial with reality and watch the mercury squirm.
Smile.
Excuse me! I am not in the least bit ignorant of what you call a genetic chimera. I know exactly what you mean by it. It's obviously a difference in word usage. A mosaic of DNA IS the same with XX AND XY. Tell the genetic consultant who told me the words 'genetic mosaic' that that isn't a term. Chimera, mosaic - it's the same thing.
I don't know what you mean by non-functioning... what is it supposed to be doing?? Anyway... your physicality is slightly different to mine, as it often is between Intersexed individuals, but it's still as irregular. And what does having a third nipple have anything to do with it. People have them and usually get them removed; just as some people have an extra finger or toe; doesn't make you a monster.
You have been telling people, in effect, that their relationships are wrong: you have used negative wording such as denial, violent defect, and so on. You have also been telling people their marriages are not proper marriages despite the law disagreeing with you. People, of whatever sexual orientation and gender, are marrying out of love; they don't, for the most part, care about the origins of 'restraint on evolutionary mating behaviour' because often they have already had children or are not marrying in order to have them. SSM is gradually becoming a fact in law, if you continue to disagree with it it will become you who is in denial.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Los Angeles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dodgers GM lies 19 hr wondring 3
Los Angeles commercial demolition services (Jul '08) Thu Paul Bear 2
Review: MI Windows and Doors (Apr '09) Thu KGR 110
Rename Griffith Park to Villaraigosa Park? Wed La Merced Dude 6
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Dec 17 Jim Jones 19,549
Do you use self storage? (Feb '11) Dec 16 Go Blue Forever 31
Earthquake could imperil L.A.'s water supply Dec 16 Get Unstuck 2

Los Angeles News Video

Los Angeles Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Los Angeles People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Los Angeles News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Los Angeles

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]