Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 200,971

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#185301 Mar 28, 2013
sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>
Both wings are diseased. Cure them.
Thanks SheeVoH. Fair assessment.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#185302 Mar 28, 2013
Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to mention, he posts scientific THEORY as fact,
Don't use big words you don't understand Marram.

A "Scientific Theory" is a generally accepted explanation for an occurrence that is based on repeated testing. While it can be dis-proven with the addition of new evidence, your use of the word is incorrect.

Perhaps you should have used Hypothesis?

Since: Jan 10

Lewis Center, OH

#185303 Mar 28, 2013
Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
This SSM argument isn't about marriage, it's about government benefits. Admit that, and we have some common ground upon which to stand.
Itís about equality fool. You a-wipes are the ones who backed us into a corner. Now weíre fighting back and kicking your ---es and thereís nothing you can do to stop us but whine like a bunch of sniveling wimps. Donít like it, too bad mo-fo. The tide has turned and itís raining on you haters. Weíre smarter, better educated, organized and pissed off and we wonít stop until we have everything we want and maybe more. And all you can do is sit there and watch and run your toothless ignorant mouth. I suggest you got have another drink and beat your wife, maybe then youíll feel like a man.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#185304 Mar 28, 2013
Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Thatís what all haters say when they are losing. Grow up, you big baby. Haters like you are a diminishing sort. Not everything that you donít like is a conspiracy. And, the only tyranny here is your obsessive and hysterical posts.
"Haters"? Hmmmmm.....kind of proves Rock's point. Disagree with the leftist orthodoxy, their secular sacred cow, same sex marriage, and one is labeled a "hater".

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#185305 Mar 28, 2013
http://politics.gather.com/viewArticle.action...

Justice Sonia Sotomayor was questioning former U.S. Solicitor General Ted Olson, a pro-gay marriage Republican. She brought up a very interesting question during the exchange: If gay marriage is legal, what about polygamy?

Sotomayor asked, "If you say that marriage is a fundamental right, what state restrictions could ever exist?" before referencing "polygamy and incest among adults," as reported by Matt Canham of the Salt Lake Tribune. The argument is an illustration of a broader issue about the culture of American society. To agree that gay marriage is indeed protected by the "equal protection" clause in the Constitution, wouldn't the same apply for all consenting adult relationships?

Justice Sonia Sotomayor's thought-provoking question was echoed by Bishop Harry Jackson, a minister at Hope Christian Church in Beltsville, Md. He believes that "the real issue is the religious liberty issue and the issue of whether we can practice marriage as we believe it on an ongoing basis," and further stated that if same-sex marriage "is allowed to be mandated by fiat...then, right behind it, polygamy and many other forms of marriage will automatically sweep the land within just a matter of a few years." Advocates of legalizing gay marriage, as opposed to offering a compromise of "civil unions," which they argue is no different than "separate but equal" should consider this question.
hemp for telelgraphs

Anderson, CA

#185306 Mar 28, 2013
<quoted text>
Oh? What is my opinion on Roe V Wade? And Loving V Virginia? I don't care about what the rest of us think, I care about how we conduct our public selves. Think what you wish.
i "wish" for marraige equality...

and ill have to settle for only a portion of the states covered.

which for now, i can deal with...

what do our "public selves" have to do with people getting their equal rights granted...??

what do the "public selves' of gay people who want to marry have to do with you???

or me??
hemp for telelgraphs

Anderson, CA

#185307 Mar 28, 2013
Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Itís about equality fool. You a-wipes are the ones who backed us into a corner. Now weíre fighting back and kicking your ---es and thereís nothing you can do to stop us but whine like a bunch of sniveling wimps. Donít like it, too bad mo-fo. The tide has turned and itís raining on you haters. Weíre smarter, better educated, organized and pissed off and we wonít stop until we have everything we want and maybe more. And all you can do is sit there and watch and run your toothless ignorant mouth. I suggest you got have another drink and beat your wife, maybe then youíll feel like a man.
that was really good.

check out the current issue of "time" magazine.

they have an article on wife beaters, laid out JUST like a national geograpic article(im not kidding)

you know?? where they show pictures inside some white trash residence, with pictures of this tattoed red neck ACTUALLY beating his wife!!

a pile of pabst blue riboon in the corner..

Im looking forward to the tolerant future....

and a shortage of hater(as they die off)

and greater understanding of some of the things people need to learn more about before making rash judgements on.

it will be great!!
hemp for telelgraphs

Anderson, CA

#185308 Mar 28, 2013
Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you serious, I know heís your new man crush and all, but, canít you see the hypocrisy of his/her/itís posts? Either heís lying about being a freak or lying about being a freak. Either way, heís a liar and a liar. Not to mention, he posts scientific THEORY as fact, and you sheep just eat it up without question. I had a bit of respect for you when you were a bigot just because you were a bigot, but, itís when you try to glom onto his deceptions that you lose all respectability. Why is it so important to you that you have common unity with your fellow haters?
why do they need unity with their fellow haters??

I think you already nailed it before....

they are getting their sorry a&&es kicked on this issue, like WE knew well they would.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#185309 Mar 28, 2013
<quoted text>
But, I have posted them before, and you have ignored them before, as you are doing now. True to form, and, you're a fine one to whine about cheap jabs. Go and tell someone to give their kid a pearl necklace.
I'll take that to mean you know you don't have a good argument against gay marriage, and you are just bigoted against gay people. If you did have a good argument, you post it, after all, Bigfoot, I'm not the only one who can see your posts.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#185310 Mar 28, 2013
hemp for telelgraphs wrote:
<quoted text>
how are basic rights a trophy??
are a deluded old man??
You said you hurt your back when you were 15 and now you are an old man? The rights are already in place without marriage. What's funny is how the bong can decide everyone's age here....lol

Santa Monica, CA

#185311 Mar 28, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Kind of silly question, I answer that every time I post.
'Monster mutation' Clearly major genetic mistakes.
If I can admit that, why are you such a sissy about admitting a epi-marker mistaken mark?
Smirk.
Do you think you should have been aborted?
What good are you?
:)

Elk Grove, CA

#185312 Mar 28, 2013
<quoted text>
yet 58% of the population WANTS gay marraige.

it is time to wake up OLD man.
Did we vote or did the advocate do a poll? How old am I? are you? You are the idiot that says he has a slip disk at age 15 and has done nothing but smoke pot, hey fool pot won't cure a slip disk, I'm assuming you are 17 now? Because after 2 years if it's not better, you need surgery, or did u wait too long relying on pot to fix it? Now it's fuked for life. dumb you.

The justicesí voting
behavior is largely a product of their own ideological pref-
erences. Not the public opinion

Santa Monica, CA

#185313 Mar 28, 2013
akaidiot wrote:
<quoted text>
I am just trying to help you look a little more educated than you are Rose.
I know it's a lost cause.
You took an extension class on the Constitution, and think you "educated".
I'm much better educated than you. It's funny, really.

Elk Grove, CA

#185314 Mar 28, 2013
<quoted text>
surgery is always the last option....as someone into alternative medicine...
im sure you can understand that one.
if you cant??
then your a crusty old man who is OUTA touch with current trends.
that is obvious with your bigoted stance on gay marriage.
no one has EVER presented a cohearant arguement on why gays shouldnt marry.
A slip disk heals in 2 years or you need surgery. Smoking pot won't cure it fool. How old am I? I'm not old, but I have respect for elder folks. Even gays get old. Is that your best hate speech calling a person you have no idea the age "old"...lol

Elk Grove, CA

#185315 Mar 28, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Hunty,
My size indicates that as a MAN--a BIG, 100%, hairy ass, knuckle draggin' MAN--I am NOT ashamed of being referred to as a sissy!
What I find fascinating is your attempts to stir up some shizz between telegraph hemp and me.
You're very dogged aren't you?
I have no beef with T.H.
You're chasing after the wrong cha-cha heels on this one.
SNAP!
You are a sissy because you make a statement then back down when another gay person, a pothead says comparing gay lifestyle to animals is bigot language. Did you make a mistake saying that? Or did another gay man make you back down? no pun intended.

Elk Grove, CA

#185317 Mar 28, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, I am done with you.
We can continue our conversation when you learn how to present your arguments in complete sentences, with at least the slightest attempt at proper grammar, and perhaps with a little coherence.
Until then, you simply sound like an uneducated fool, and there is no purpose to our discourse.
Well said, Hemp is proof that we need to take a further look into making pot illegal.

Santa Monica, CA

#185318 Mar 28, 2013
akaidiot wrote:
<quoted text>
Equal Right's do not always result in Equal Outcomes.
Equal Right's do? Buzz cut? Afro? Mullet?

Elk Grove, CA

#185319 Mar 28, 2013
<quoted text>

then your a crusty old man who is OUTA touch with current trends.
that is obvious with your bigoted stance on gay marriage.
no one has EVER presented a cohearant arguement on why gays shouldnt marry.
Sorry pot head, I have respect for old people. I'm not a bigot like you. Stop drinking the hater aid. does the bong make all that hate come out?

Santa Monica, CA

#185320 Mar 28, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
But everyone IS treated equally under the law.
Not true.
A man is allowed to marry a woman, but a woman isn't.
A woman is allowed to marry a man, but a man isn't.
akpilot wrote:
Look Rose, people with an actual law degree
Unlike you. LOL!
akpilot wrote:
who's opinion matter's- unlike yours- explained it to you.
"Plaintiffs cite Loving for the proposition that a statute can discriminate even if it treats both classes identically. This misconstrues the Loving analysis because the antimiscegenation statute did not treat blacks and whites identicallyóit restricted who whites could marry (but did not restrict intermarriage between non-whites) for the purpose of promoting white supremacy. Virginia's antimiscegenation statute was the quintessential example of invidious racial discrimination as it was intended to advantage one race and disadvantage all others, which is why the Supreme Court applied strict scrutiny and struck it down as violating the core interest of the Equal Protection Clause.
In contrast, neither men nor women are disproportionately disadvantaged or burdened by the fact that New York's Domestic Relations Law allows only opposite-sex couples to marryóboth genders are treated precisely the same way.
They are now. Gay marriage is allowed in NY. Try to keep up, stupid.
akpilot wrote:
As such, there is no gender [*16]classification triggering intermediate scrutiny.
Nor does the statutory scheme create a classification based on sexual orientation. In this respect, the Domestic Relations Law is facially neutral: individuals who seek marriage licenses are not queried concerning their sexual orientation and are not precluded from marrying if they are not heterosexual. Regardless of sexual orientation, any person can marry a person of the opposite sex. "- Hernandez v Robles
You really should get your GED before you attempt to interpret the law Rose.
I pass gas better educated than you are. You don't have a single earned degree. Admit it.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#185321 Mar 28, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You took an extension class on the Constitution, and think you "educated".
I'm much better educated than you. It's funny, really.
Rose_NoHo.

Yes. I agree. Not mentioning any names, of course, but anyone who "believes" the currently prevailing myth that the founding fathers had anything to do with the Republican's infamous 14th Amendment that did so much damage to the nation when high paid agenda driven Government judges departed from the Constitution to inflict their "Brown" dictate - as well as fostering the preposterous notion of Homosexual "marriage" - should take a beginning course in the Constitution. We dog lovers, though, can take heart knowing that we are next.

Ronald

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Los Angeles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 2 hr Laissez Faire Club 2,271
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 2 hr WARRIOR 19,215
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 12 hr zhuzhamm 5,079
APNewsBreak: 'Easy Rider' bike going to auction 12 hr kjhfjgd 4
Drought Landscaper In Long Beach | NOVEL REMODE... 16 hr Novel Remodeling 1
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 17 hr Pizza 16,000
Neighborhood Grinds closed 18 hr Papa Tango 1
•••

Los Angeles News Video

•••
Los Angeles Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Los Angeles Jobs

•••
•••
•••