Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
161,721 - 161,740 of 200,324 Comments Last updated 11 min ago

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
You marriage???
It was a typo, stupid.
You can't counter my arguments, so you pick at typos.
LOLSER!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
What a lovely, yet meaningless metaphor. The right wing is cancerous. Cut it off.
"Golly gee Mr. Cleaver, how is the American eagles suppose to fly if we cut off it's right wing/".

"It won't Eddie, it just start flapping its left wing so much that before you know it, it will just tire itself out and eventually die"

"That's awful Mr. Cleaver, I hope no one is ignorant enough to cut off the American eagle's right, or left wing".

"Let's hope not Eddie, sadly there are some folks out there whose thinking is far too political, treating those that have a differnt view, from them, as the enemy. They'd cut their own nose off to spite their face".

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

hemp for telelgraphs wrote:
<quoted text>
my favorite un-exsupportable metaphor from a right winger??
mike huckabee compared letting gays legally marry to lowering a basket ball hoop from 8 to 6 feet.
another methaphor for gay marraige being LESS THAN equal(in their eyes) to staright marriage.
go figure.
Hempty Dumbty

It's either same sex marriage, or opposite sex marriage. There are opposite sex marriages of "mixed orientation", unless of course you're implying that those marriages are inferior to other marriages.

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen!
It simply exposes the ignorant bigotry of their position. A mindless opposition to anyone who disagrees with their demands. Childish and silly.
Smile.
Disagreeing with people and monsters who are against equal rights is not mindless. Wanting to deny people equal rights for no good reason is childish and silly.

Do you have bolts on your neck?:)
Hey, you say you are a monster.

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

More and more people are realizing there just isn't a rational argument against gay marriage. Even people who don't like the idea are realizing that.
carly shay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
So am I, but many of the people here can only be happy if they make other people unhappy.
That is thier goal
I totally Agree with they don't care about any body these days
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Ninteen more wrote:
http://signon.org/sign/please- investigate-the-1.fb24?source= c.fb&r_by=498540
There are at least two people who told me they signed the petition but their signatures are not on the list. Please check the list if you signed the petition to make sure your name is there?
Thank you for caring and trying to help me and these other 62 families.
"Thanks for signing! Now, pass it on.

Now that you've signed, help it grow by clicking the buttons below and asking your friends, family, and colleagues to sign." Hope it helps.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
that is up to your party!!
Oh but of course, its always the "other guy or gal" who has to change.
how irrelevant you become is entirly up to people like you.
if you keep up with the campaign of exclusion...
"Campaign of exclusion"? Hmmmmmm....and those who dissent from the orthodoxy of the democratic left, are called, "bigots", "Uncle Toms", "traitors", etc. Remember this is the party that had Reverend Al as a candidate for president.
like voter supression,
Uhhhh...huh
vaginal probes,

Ahhh yes the abortion issue.
union busting,
These aren't the same unions that channel millions of dollars of union dues to overwhelmingly deomcratic candidates, even if not all union members, agree with that?
you guys keep pushing for tax breaks for the wealthy...
Define wealthy? What percentage of Americans pay no federal income tax?
the war on Gays is classic!!
Seriously, "war on Gays"? Oh madone!
there are still people on your side talking about a constittuional ban on Same sex marriage.
Would that constituional ban only ban ssm, or would it also ban polygamy as well?
start by being more inclusive to gays, minorities and women.....
then you might have a chance...
What specific minorities are you refering to? Ethnic minorities, racial minorities, religious minorities, sexual minorities, etc?

Remember not everyone voted for Obama, Romney received 60 million plus votes. It wasn't a slam dunk.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Cements wrote:
You mean BUSH is going to blow us all again?
....Jeb. Get used to it, now, so that it will not be so painful on the day ...
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
my favorite un-exsupportable metaphor from a right winger??
mike huckabee compared letting gays legally marry to lowering a basket ball hoop from 8 to 6 feet.
another methaphor for gay marraige being LESS THAN equal(in their eyes) to staright marriage.
go figure.
A highly accurate metaphor, if you ask me.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
that is up to your party!!
how irrelevant you become is entirly up to people like you.
if you keep up with the campaign of exclusion...
like voter supression, vaginal probes, union busting, medicare voucherzing?
you guys keep pushing for tax breaks for the wealthy...
the war on Gays is classic!! there are still people on your side talking about a constittuional ban on Same sex marriage.
start by being more inclusive to gays, minorities and women.....
then you might have a chance...
Not a war on gays, merely telling them "no". It is not a war on children to tell them "no", either. And if it takes a Constitutional Ban to render a definitive statement about marriage, then so be it. Someone, somewhere, has to talk sense, and if it takes that, then it's long past time. Not a war, merely a reminder, about the need for common sense to prevail.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, Ronald, dogs eat cat poop out of the box, but they do have some standards. No dog would marry you.
And you're certainly an authority on what dogs do, with cat poo...
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a typo, stupid.
You can't counter my arguments, so you pick at typos.
LOLSER!
Yeah, yeah, a typo. And don't forget "what I meant to write...". you have no arguments, at least in the classic sense of the word. you have insults, like "should you have been aborted" and "go back to giving your kids pearl necklaces" and your favorite "your mom gave out a backdoor pass", that's always accurate.... Stupid Chongo, there'll be no bananas.....for you.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Disagreeing with people and monsters who are against equal rights is not mindless. Wanting to deny people equal rights for no good reason is childish and silly.
Do you have bolts on your neck?:)
Hey, you say you are a monster.
Yes, that's almost certainly "thoughtful and insightful". a great post, based upon rationality and intellect. Hell, Chongo, you have certainly outdone yourself this time, I do believe that you finally surpassed the cat poo in IQ points....

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I ever talk to Hemp Head? I think you're just trying to stir things up. Probably not a good idea.
I guess it's okay for another gay dude to say it's wrong what you said. Stop acting like a sissy. Stand up for what you believe in.

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
lets be clear....
the attourney argueing FOR DOMA, admitted in open court, that the intent of DOMA was bigoted, with bigotry written in(by way of religion)
didnt you listen to the tapes??
sheesh, and to think i actaully reply to your posts!!
Reply to the post. I have no idea what you are replying to. The justicesí voting
behavior is largely a product of their own ideological pref-
erences. Not the public opinion as you stated.

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
m not exactly a "hemp head' as hekp and cannabis are two related, but different plants...
I DO have a medical recomendation to use MMj for slipped disks in my back, suffered when i was 15.
All pot does is mask the pain. They have surgery for that? don't you have obamaCare?

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
you are a typical example of why education in this nation needs a huge overhaul, and LOTs of money..
Most of your posts show us why we need a huge overhaul in education.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
To say, "This CAN BE TESTED and proven within six months. Itís easy to test" is different than saying, "This has been TESTED AND PROVEN."
And there's nothing anywhere (other than on sites operated by unscientific, religious zealots) that would suggest that an epigentic explanation of homosexuality MEANS that the processes involved in creating homosexuality is a mistake. We may simply be looking at a naturally occurring process.
You're the only one, so far, who seems convinced that this theory indicates that homosexuality is unnatural.
It would be like scientist definitively discovering the processes involved that result in some babies being born left-handed. Would there then be a moral judgment passed against left-handed babies?
Finally, I'm still waiting for the link so that I can read what it is that you are reading. Your last link was broken.
In six months they'll verify.

Soon after, they'll develop an eraser for mistaken epi-marker marks.

Read the follow-up comments.

Did you mean left handed or limp brained?

Smirk.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I found the "U.S. News" article that you keep referring to. It can be found here: http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2012/12/1...
A quote that you conveniently omitted from the article is "Most mainstream biologists have shied away from studying it because of the social stigma," he says. "It's been swept under the rug, people are still stuck on this idea that it's unnatural. WELL THERE ARE MANY EXAMPLES OF HOMOSEXUALITY IN NATURE, IT'S VERY COMMON."
Homosexual behavior has been observed in black swans, penguins, sheep, and other animals, he says.
Rice's model STILL NEEDS TO BE TESTED ON REAL-LIFE PARENT-OFFSPRING PAIRS, but he says this epigenetic link makes more sense than any other explanation, and that his team has mapped out a way for other scientists to test their work.
----------
So, not even William Rice thinks that homosexuality is "unnatural" or a mistake. And he agrees that more study needs to be completed in order to prove this THEORY.
Do you know your post has nothing to do with mine?
There are many examples in nature of genetic mistakes. I mean epigenetic epi-marker mistakes.
Smile.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Los Angeles News Video

•••
Los Angeles Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Los Angeles Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••