Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
161,701 - 161,720 of 200,565 Comments Last updated 10 hrs ago

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

hemp for telelgraphs wrote:
<quoted text>
Im getting the picture....
you like the original version of the constitution the best...
the one without all those pesky additions that came later.
if we left you guys alone on a date with the constitution??
we WOULD NOT get back anything recognizable.
You are a lost cause, and you hardly- "get the picture"

Based on your incoherant posts with all your disconnected thought's I'm not even sure you understand your own position let alone that of another.

You should put the bong down for a bit and let the fog clear.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>

public opinion does indeed drive the court.....
the justicesí voting
behavior is largely a product of their own ideological pref-
erences.

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>
Be careful what you say. Our politics swing like a pendulum. Eventually the "other" party takes over. It isn't because the "other" party has come up with a spectacular solution for the problems at hand, it is because the one with the most power has done such a spectactular job of disappointing us.
I agree, they take turns, every 8 years.

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Im getting the picture....
It's a sad picture of you being taken away again.
Marriagemoney

Saint Augustine, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

It's about money not marriage. Single people dont't receive financial breaks for being single. It's always about the greenbacks.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>But according to hemp head, you are a bigot for comparing gay lifestyles to animals.
Did I ever talk to Hemp Head? I think you're just trying to stir things up. Probably not a good idea.
hemp for telelgraphs

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text> the justicesí voting
behavior is largely a product of their own ideological pref-
erences.
lets be clear....

the attourney argueing FOR DOMA, admitted in open court, that the intent of DOMA was bigoted, with bigotry written in(by way of religion)

didnt you listen to the tapes??

sheesh, and to think i actaully reply to your posts!!
hemp for telelgraphs

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I agree, they take turns, every 8 years.
not if the tea turds get their way...

like i said, were eagerly awaiting for you to put forth a 'real conservative" .....then you can see how much america likes that FAR reich wing corporate/soclially oppresive agenda..

you rethugs will be wooped soundly.

but we still need to keep you around(in a petri dish), to show future generations what NOT TO DO.
hemp for telelgraphs

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I ever talk to Hemp Head? I think you're just trying to stir things up. Probably not a good idea.
m not exactly a "hemp head' as hekp and cannabis are two related, but different plants...

I DO have a medical recomendation to use MMj for slipped disks in my back, suffered when i was 15.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
not if the tea turds get their way...
like i said, were eagerly awaiting for you to put forth a 'real conservative" .....then you can see how much america likes that FAR reich wing corporate/soclially oppresive agenda..
you rethugs will be wooped soundly.
but we still need to keep you around(in a petri dish), to show future generations what NOT TO DO.
I wish they finally would run that "real conservative" and get it out of their system

It will be the landslide of the century against them
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
The founders didn't disagree, they wrote Article V.
The problem is you don't want to use the process, you want to bypass the Amendment process and the States and simply use the court.
please point to the post where I said I wanted to bypass the process.

or admit you are lying ( or making an ass out of yourself by assuming )

thanks

I think the process is a good one, used quite a number of times successfully ( and even more times unsuccessfully ) as it should be

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>
Be careful what you say. Our politics swing like a pendulum. Eventually the "other" party takes over. It isn't because the "other" party has come up with a spectacular solution for the problems at hand, it is because the one with the most power has done such a spectactular job of disappointing us.
Remember boys and girls the American Eagle has two wings, a left and a right, both are needed for it to fly. Hempty Dumbty wants to cut off the right wing and keep the eagle grounded.
Bruno

Westminster, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

we don't need to prove why queers should get the same rights as hetero married coulples. It is proof enough that queers lived in closets for the better part of their lives, that in itself says its wrong.
hemp for telelgraphs

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
What a lovely, yet meaningless metaphor. The right wing is cancerous. Cut it off.
my favorite un-exsupportable metaphor from a right winger??

mike huckabee compared letting gays legally marry to lowering a basket ball hoop from 8 to 6 feet.

another methaphor for gay marraige being LESS THAN equal(in their eyes) to staright marriage.

go figure.
hemp for telelgraphs

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Bruno wrote:
we don't need to prove why queers should get the same rights as hetero married coulples. It is proof enough that queers lived in closets for the better part of their lives, that in itself says its wrong.
you are a typical example of why education in this nation needs a huge overhaul, and LOTs of money..
hemp for telelgraphs

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember boys and girls the American Eagle has two wings, a left and a right, both are needed for it to fly. Hempty Dumbty wants to cut off the right wing and keep the eagle grounded.
that is up to your party!!

how irrelevant you become is entirly up to people like you.

if you keep up with the campaign of exclusion...

like voter supression, vaginal probes, union busting, medicare voucherzing?

you guys keep pushing for tax breaks for the wealthy...

the war on Gays is classic!! there are still people on your side talking about a constittuional ban on Same sex marriage.

start by being more inclusive to gays, minorities and women.....

then you might have a chance...

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose_NoHo.
That's easy for the Homosexual and non-Homosexual "Blacks" and the lesbians to say, but how long are we dog lovers going to be denied our RIGHT to marry the Honeys of our own choosing? How would YOU like to be a "second class citizen", as well as having to suffer the H8ate of the majority?
Ronald
Sorry, Ronald, dogs eat cat poop out of the box, but they do have some standards. No dog would marry you.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
You marriage???
It was a typo, stupid.
You can't counter my arguments, so you pick at typos.
LOLSER!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
What a lovely, yet meaningless metaphor. The right wing is cancerous. Cut it off.
"Golly gee Mr. Cleaver, how is the American eagles suppose to fly if we cut off it's right wing/".

"It won't Eddie, it just start flapping its left wing so much that before you know it, it will just tire itself out and eventually die"

"That's awful Mr. Cleaver, I hope no one is ignorant enough to cut off the American eagle's right, or left wing".

"Let's hope not Eddie, sadly there are some folks out there whose thinking is far too political, treating those that have a differnt view, from them, as the enemy. They'd cut their own nose off to spite their face".

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
my favorite un-exsupportable metaphor from a right winger??
mike huckabee compared letting gays legally marry to lowering a basket ball hoop from 8 to 6 feet.
another methaphor for gay marraige being LESS THAN equal(in their eyes) to staright marriage.
go figure.
Hempty Dumbty

It's either same sex marriage, or opposite sex marriage. There are opposite sex marriages of "mixed orientation", unless of course you're implying that those marriages are inferior to other marriages.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Los Angeles News Video

•••
•••

Los Angeles Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Los Angeles People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••