Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,513)

Showing posts 150,241 - 150,260 of200,198
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been enjoying taunting you, but it was for fun, not for any other reason. I am sorry to hear that, but you will, I hope, keep taunting me, too, as I believe that is why we come in here, no ? Stay tough.
you have a deal mr hand.... its all good.. i'm back to stripping as of this past wednesday night and i'm seeing clients again.... but school does start in january

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been enjoying taunting you, but it was for fun, not for any other reason. I am sorry to hear that, but you will, I hope, keep taunting me, too, as I believe that is why we come in here, no ? Stay tough.
you know the crazy part is .. that i really don't lie about my life on here.. i think its kinda therapy to express my journey i guess

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>
The first historical mention of the performance of same-sex marriages occurred during the early Roman Empire.[68] For instance, Emperor Nero is reported to have engaged in a marriage ceremony with one of his male slaves. Emperor Elagabalus "married" a Carian slave named Hierocles.[69] These were usually reported in a critical or satirical manner.[70] It should be noted, however, that conubium existed only between a civis Romanus and a civis Romana (that is, between a male Roman citizen and a female Roman citizen), so that a marriage between two Roman males (or with a slave) would have no legal standing in Roman law (apart, presumably, from the arbitrary will of the emperor in the two aforementioned cases).[71] Furthermore, "matrimonium is an institution involving a mother, mater. The idea implicit in the word is that a man takes a woman in marriage, in matrimonium ducere, so that he may have children by her."[72] Still, the lack of legal validity notwithstanding, there is a consensus among modern historians that same-sex relationships existed in ancient Rome, but the exact frequency and nature of "same-sex unions" during that period is obscure.[73] In 342 AD Christian emperors Constantius II and Constans issued a law in the Theodosian Code (C. Th. 9.7.3) prohibiting same-sex marriage in Rome and ordering execution for those so married.[74]
A same-sex marriage between the two men Pedro Díaz and Muño Vandilaz in the Galician municipality of Rairiz de Veiga in Spain occurred on 16 April 1061. They were married by a priest at a small chapel. The historic documents about the church wedding were found at Monastery of San Salvador de Celanova.[75]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Same-sex_marriag...
A 'marriage' mocked by Nero's peers. A seriously demented Caesar...

A speculation that is countered by the attempted 'marriage' of two women in Spain. They were promptly corrected.

That's it?

Smile.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, did you read the part about "the priest discovered the deception..." ? And using Nero, and the Romans, as examples....LOL.
This is a perfect example of gays using gay twirl talking points without thinking about them. They have no idea what reality has in store. ASSuming that others are as ignorant as they are...

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Although, this last post of yours, apart from a missing comma, and 2 capitals, is spelt perfectly. My bad.
well you know... even a hooker can come close to perfection once in a while

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Although, this last post of yours, apart from a missing comma, and 2 capitals, is spelt perfectly. My bad.
good news is my boobs heeled good... sweet
GMA hits

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

The "Good Morning America" weatherman Sam Champion tied the knot in New York on December 21, 2012 Friday with longtime boyfriend Rubem Robierb.
RedRibbon

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

My buddy Herman Cain

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll bet you $1 that he chokes...
Yup. Jizzybird didn't stay long. He was funny. He thought he was a real tough guy!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
I lived with one, in London, back in 1986...Helluva gal....
English broad eh. I can dig it. Did she have good teeth? You know those limeys are dentally challenged.

Had a g.f. in Hong Kong. Annie. HOT Chinese girl spoke with a cultured British accent! HUBBA HUBBA! Something about that silly accent. This was in 1969. I'm an old f**k. Proud of it. Lucky to be alive 6 or 7 times over. Like an old cat. Most of my old sidekicks are long gone.
Anonymous

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

California's ban on therapy that seeks to turn gay minors straight, the first such law in the nation, has been put on hold. A three-judge panel of the Ninth U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals issued an order Friday that the law signed in September by Gov. Jerry Brown will not be allowed to go into effect before a hearing on whether it is legal.
http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/place/article/C...

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
You and I are GIFTED with one mother and one father. No one can ever replace that relationship.
What you are first and foremost is an IDIOT!!!

I know of a person who's grandchild DOES NOT have a biological father or sperm donor.....the child is solely conceived by the biological mother......seems as if the medical staff took Stem Cells from her bone marrow, which became sperm......which they then took and fertilized her egg and presto......a child was created.......today, that child is a healthy happy 2 year old!!!!

Guess what......that child is an American Citizen and is loved by their mother and her family:-)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Judged:

Epigenetics is a Key Player in Sexual Preference
Epi-marks act as another layer of information fused to our genes that control their expression. Essentially, genes hold the directions, while epi-marks instruct how they are put into motion and completed.

Historically, epi-marks are eliminated and created anew with each generation, but new research shows that they can occasionally pass over between generations, causing similarities within families and appearing as shared genes.

Sex-specific epi-marks are made during early fetal development and serve as security against the considerable natural variation in testosterone that happens in late fetal development. For example, sex-specific epi-marks prevent female fetuses from becoming masculine when there are unusually high testosterone levels present, and vice versa for male fetuses.

Different kinds of epi-marks safeguard different sex-specific characteristics; some protect the genitals, others protect sexual identity, and this study suggests others keep safe sexual partner preference.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/
articles/253971.php

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
You and I are GIFTED with one mother and one father. No one can ever replace that relationship.
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
What you are first and foremost is an IDIOT!!!
I know of a person who's grandchild DOES NOT have a biological father or sperm donor.....the child is solely conceived by the biological mother......seems as if the medical staff took Stem Cells from her bone marrow, which became sperm......which they then took and fertilized her egg and presto......a child was created.......today, that child is a healthy happy 2 year old!!!!
Guess what......that child is an American Citizen and is loved by their mother and her family:-)
What you are first and foremost is a liar.

You know no such thing, because it has not been done with humans.

What you are second is a platinum blonde idiot of unsurpassed degree! What you even suggest is highly unethical.

What kind of person would DELIBERATELY deprive a child of one parent and one gender? Do you even begin to understand the perversion you are promoting once again???

Seriously, you need to get a letter validating your sanity. Just a suggestion, but one I highly encourage you to pursue. Ask your family and friends if they think you are sane, see what they say!

:-)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Judged:

A blonde from 'southern' CA. Why am I not surprised...

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, The Romans were the most decadent society ever conceived. Secondly, Nero was clearly known as insane. Even in Rome, he went beyond the pale. However, That "these were usually reported in a critical or satirical manner.' clearly shows that even these perverse people thought it aberrant, " so that a marriage between two Roman males (or with a slave) would have no legal standing in Roman law (apart, presumably, from the arbitrary will of the emperor in the two aforementioned cases)." shows that the emperor could overrule the common trends of decency, as is the attempt being made now. Also, "In 342 AD Christian emperors Constantius II and Constans issued a law in the Theodosian Code (C. Th. 9.7.3) prohibiting same-sex marriage in Rome and ordering execution for those so married." shows the lengths to which such unions were frowned upon. Hmm, doesn't sound like it was accepted back then, either, even though aberrations always occur.
So, in order to be a sport, I will merely say the rest of the story (to paraphrase Paul Harvey) shows that these were not accepted, but exceptions to the rule that has always governed marriage.
I believe you said that no christian church allowed same sex marriage, yet I posted the truth. I also showed that same sex marriage went back several thousand years. Like I said you have no reasonable objection to same sex marriage, none, nada, zip, zilch. Marriage is a contract between two adults of legal age, nothing more. Marriage has nothing to do with reproduction.

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
English broad eh. I can dig it. Did she have good teeth? You know those limeys are dentally challenged.
Had a g.f. in Hong Kong. Annie. HOT Chinese girl spoke with a cultured British accent! HUBBA HUBBA! Something about that silly accent. This was in 1969. I'm an old f**k. Proud of it. Lucky to be alive 6 or 7 times over. Like an old cat. Most of my old sidekicks are long gone.
Nice bigotry

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. Jizzybird didn't stay long. He was funny. He thought he was a real tough guy!
Wrong again sugar nipples, I have been pissing on asshats like you for well over a year. You got nothing spunky

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Nice bigotry
Dumb post. There was no bigotry in my post. You're stupid.

And you are a bigoted jackass!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong again sugar nipples, I have been pissing on asshats like you for well over a year. You got nothing spunky
Too funny!

You never did tell us the tree joke. Why can't a man marry a tree? Remember you asked that dummy? You didn't give us the punchline.

We give up. Why?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 150,241 - 150,260 of200,198
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

15 Users are viewing the Los Angeles Forum right now

Search the Los Angeles Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr toomanymistakes 18,494
Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez and Miley Cyrus: Te... 3 hr great one 8
What to Do if You are Wrongfully Accused of Har... (May '08) 8 hr name 93
How the Civil Rights Act of 1964 changed America 8 hr Savant 97
Review: Eviction Defense Group (Dec '12) 8 hr S Marscellas 42
Is this Lindsay Lohan's last shot? (Aug '13) 9 hr Nobody 6
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 10 hr Decide what 4,837
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Los Angeles County was issued at July 11 at 1:48AM PDT

•••
•••

Los Angeles News Video

•••
•••

Los Angeles Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Los Angeles People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE