Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
BullOva

Sierra Madre, CA

#232369 Sep 3, 2014
BullOva requires no winding either.
timex

Sierra Madre, CA

#232370 Sep 3, 2014
We did a timex but it got pulled

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#232371 Sep 3, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a fallacy fabricated by the government.
That marriage contributes to a stable society?
The lie is that the government can do the right thing, that it can micromanage our personal lives for the greater good.
In regards to incentivizing marriage, it can to a degree. Why shouldn't the government invest in promoting marriage, including providing economic incentives, and marriage education? The objective is reduced reliance of the state, and stable families which reduces welfare costs.
Government contributes to a broke over regulated micromanaged "society". Freedom and liberty contributes to stability.
Sounds great in theory, but the reality is often far different. Freedom and liberty carries with it responsibility on the part of the individual.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#232372 Sep 3, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
I am opposed to the government requiring parents to deliver their children to the public schools for indoctrination each morning for 12 years.
How many years would you prefer then?
Parents are paying for the education of their children now so the money is there, the government does not need to be in charge of it.
So should compulsory education be abolished then?
I do not even care if you Christians
What about "you Italians"....
want to teach your children that the earth is flat,
....want to teach the superiority of Italian, and Italian American culture, to include the sounds of Sinatra of course?
someone has to work at Burger King after they get their diploma.
The progressives can do that.
And likewise freedom loving people can teach their children that some children have two mom's or two dads.
Freedom loving people can teach basic biology too, and that human reproduction is sexual. If you want to teach babies are delivered by the stork, or in the case of "gay" babies, a large multi colored parrot, you, and the other Glibtees can do that too!
And that the earth is globe shaped.
I am praying that you ask me why I think the Bible says the earth is flat.
I am praying why you tell me why you think the Bible talks?
PastorPete

Oroville, CA

#232373 Sep 3, 2014
The Koran warns, "Those who make war against God and his apostle ... shall be put to death or crucified" (Koran 5.33).
Sura (Chapter) 47 begins "O true believers, when you encounter the unbelievers, strike off their heads."
The richest harvest of gore comes from the books that tell the story of the Children of Israel after their escape from Egypt, as they take over their new land in Canaan. These events are foreshadowed in the book of Deuteronomy, in which God proclaims "I will make my arrows drunk with blood, and my sword shall devour flesh" (Deut. 32:42). We then turn to the full orgy of militarism, enslavement, and race war in the Books of Joshua and Judges. Moses himself reputedly authorized this campaign when he told his followers that, once they reached Canaan, they must annihilate all the peoples they find in the cities specially reserved for them (Deut. 20: 16-18).

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#232374 Sep 3, 2014
PastorPete wrote:
The Koran warns, "Those who make war against God and his apostle ... shall be put to death or crucified" (Koran 5.33).
Sura (Chapter) 47 begins "O true believers, when you encounter the unbelievers, strike off their heads."
The richest harvest of gore comes from the books that tell the story of the Children of Israel after their escape from Egypt, as they take over their new land in Canaan. These events are foreshadowed in the book of Deuteronomy, in which God proclaims "I will make my arrows drunk with blood, and my sword shall devour flesh" (Deut. 32:42). We then turn to the full orgy of militarism, enslavement, and race war in the Books of Joshua and Judges. Moses himself reputedly authorized this campaign when he told his followers that, once they reached Canaan, they must annihilate all the peoples they find in the cities specially reserved for them (Deut. 20: 16-18).
and your point is?

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#232377 Sep 3, 2014
Oh my, it is getting a little too deep around here. I just simply would have wanted an older father/brother figure around to teach me the ropes on what to expect in an "alternate lifestyle" ;)

A few good handouts with a favor or two in return doesn't sound so bad to me. Of course I say though, can't call it sodomy if you are willing so I have no say in this matter ;)

Go LGBT Bruins and here's to the West Hollywood Big Brother's Association!
3 pea jerk

Sierra Madre, CA

#232378 Sep 3, 2014
Not this 3-Pee jerk again.
Dickwad

United States

#232379 Sep 3, 2014
Got to love cali !
Your Lover

Huntington Beach, CA

#232383 Sep 3, 2014
Dickwad

Smarr, GA

#232384 Sep 3, 2014
Steven9

United States

#232385 Sep 3, 2014
Brings back memories of when my parents were alive and we watched these movies in our little old house .
Steven9

United States

#232386 Sep 3, 2014
Leaving Disney
Tommy Kirk in trailer for Pajama Party (1964)

Kirk said he knew he was gay from an early age:

I consider my teenage years as being desperately unhappy. I knew I was gay, but I had no outlet for my feelings. It was very hard to meet people and, at that time, there was no place to go to socialize. It wasn't until the early '60s that I began to hear of places where gays congregated. The lifestyle was not recognized and I was very, very lonely. Oh, I had some brief, very passionate encounters and as a teenager I had some affairs, but they were always stolen, back alley kind of things. They were desperate and miserable. When I was about 17 or 18 years old, I finally admitted to myself that I wasn't going to change. I didn't know what the consequences would be, but I had the definite feeling that it was going to wreck my Disney career and maybe my whole acting career. It was all going to come to an end.[17]

On Christmas Eve 1964 Kirk was arrested for possession of marijuana.[citation needed] Although the charges were later dropped,[21] Kirk was replaced on Wild Bikini by Dwayne Hickman and on Katie Elder by Michael Anderson, Jr..

"This town is full of right-wingers—the world is full of right-wingers—intolerant, cruel sons-of-bitches," said Kirk later.[5] But he later admitted that he "richly deserved to be fired from the studios because of my irresponsibility. A person on drugs is not fit for work.".[12]

Kirk publicly came out as gay in a 1973 interview with Marvin Jones. At the time he was studying acting at the Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute, while working as a busboy in a Los Angeles restaurant.
time lag

Sierra Madre, CA

#232387 Sep 3, 2014
Same low hanging fuit pickers.
Highballer

United States

#232388 Sep 4, 2014
Once you get the low hanging fruit then its time for the tree .
LandofAThousandD runks

Redwood City, CA

#232389 Sep 4, 2014
I would have figured that when the first governor of California admitted that he cheated in order to win that when he then went and wrote extermination laws: in the State's supreme court, that are still on the books, that this too would have a long long time ago been overturned........ Then again, what the supreme court does today really matters, right?

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#232390 Sep 4, 2014
Steven9 wrote:
Leaving Disney
Tommy Kirk in trailer for Pajama Party (1964)
Kirk said he knew he was gay from an early age:
I consider my teenage years as being desperately unhappy. I knew I was gay, but I had no outlet for my feelings. It was very hard to meet people and, at that time, there was no place to go to socialize. It wasn't until the early '60s that I began to hear of places where gays congregated. The lifestyle was not recognized and I was very, very lonely. Oh, I had some brief, very passionate encounters and as a teenager I had some affairs, but they were always stolen, back alley kind of things. They were desperate and miserable. When I was about 17 or 18 years old, I finally admitted to myself that I wasn't going to change. I didn't know what the consequences would be, but I had the definite feeling that it was going to wreck my Disney career and maybe my whole acting career. It was all going to come to an end.[17]
On Christmas Eve 1964 Kirk was arrested for possession of marijuana.[citation needed] Although the charges were later dropped,[21] Kirk was replaced on Wild Bikini by Dwayne Hickman and on Katie Elder by Michael Anderson, Jr..
"This town is full of right-wingers—the world is full of right-wingers—intolerant, cruel sons-of-bitches," said Kirk later.[5] But he later admitted that he "richly deserved to be fired from the studios because of my irresponsibility. A person on drugs is not fit for work.".[12]
Kirk publicly came out as gay in a 1973 interview with Marvin Jones. At the time he was studying acting at the Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute, while working as a busboy in a Los Angeles restaurant.
Oh yes, I had a crush on Tommy Kirk back in the day. A handsome young lad. When a young Edward Norton came on the scene I got those same goose-pimples because of the uncanny resemblance :)

My partner Jonathan did say that he had Tommy, who owned a cleaning company, clean his carpet (maybe something more as Jonathan just giggles about it now)
3 peas mac

Sierra Madre, CA

#232391 Sep 4, 2014
3 pea mac and still throbbing.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#232392 Sep 4, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>That's because you live to hate. You hate yourself and where you came from, how sad for you.
I don't really hate anyone, even you KKKristians who pass laws forcing us all to obey your abominable religious beliefs. I do not like you very much, but I do not hate you.

You are the one filled with hate:

JESUS: Luke 19:27, "But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them--bring them here and kill them in front of me.'"

JESUS: Luke 14:26, "If you want to be my disciple, you must hate everyone: your father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters--yes, even your own life. Otherwise, you cannot be my disciple."

JESUS: Matt 10:34, ""Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#232393 Sep 4, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>You made a statement that we have a lot of people in prison for JUST smoking pot, CAN you back it up with facts or not? I'm for pot being legal, what are you talking about, are you high?
Can you prove the earth isn't flat? I mean really RF. If I was so stupid as to believe the Bible and say the earth was flat, would you waste your time proving it wasn't? I hope not as that would be really stupid. Therefore I am not going to back up the fact that our prisons are over flowing with peaceful pot smokers. You look it up and figure it out for yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Los Angeles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 20 hr Bently 19,568
FBI suspects serial bank robber Gregory Cross i... Wed Jason 1
Ukiah police and fire log: Wednesday, Dec. 24, ... Wed Here Is One 3
California Wind Farms Kilt All The Birds (Aug '11) Wed Redneck 3
Anyone Get Kilt By Your Santa Anar Winds (Dec '11) Wed Redneck 5
is a afro life more valuable than a Hispanic life Wed raidersaint 1
Mia Lee leaves KCAL? (Sep '09) Dec 23 jhenna 184

Los Angeles News Video

Los Angeles Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Los Angeles People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE