Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201888 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Los Angeles

Long Beach, CA

#232518 Sep 9, 2014
Just like Chicago,

Bryan Stow and Kim Pham are attacked by inferior species.

Stupid little brown people from Mexico. I wonder what illegal aliens they are? Which galaxy do they come from? They are illegal aliens. That is their name.
Cali Girl 2014dal

Murrieta, CA

#232520 Sep 9, 2014
Los Angeles wrote:
I guess Americans are atheist. That is it. Times have changed and people have changed. From a Christian country to an Atheist country, all in under 400 years. I guess the next 100 years people will? This is for you Sierra Madre, the smart mexican man who knows everything and will get his Nobel Prize by the end of the year. Keep up the work.
Atheist country my ass...Go down S.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#232521 Sep 9, 2014
Los Angeles wrote:
By the way, the Mexicans have created more Atheism in this country than any one race or ethnicity or nationality or color of skin tone. Their perversion of Catholicism is like a comedy show.
Dante's Inferno anyone?
Generalizing about a race, color of skin tone is not very Intelligent. Making a statement like you did should require some links and background which you offer none. Stupid you.
cherp

La Puente, CA

#232522 Sep 9, 2014
Just another chirping toad squawking out loud.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#232523 Sep 9, 2014
Cali Girl 2014dal wrote:
<quoted text>
And you sound like a nut!
Keep massaging your ego.

Location hidden

#232524 Sep 9, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>BS...eat your words. You can't take a sentence from any book and get the meaning, Read the whole book, understand the culture, the time, place.....
The same old 'out of context' ruse. The verses I posted, in or out of context have the same meaning, make the same point, and their meaning is not changed.

"...and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee (Genesis 3:16)."
"But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man;....(1 Cor. 11:3)."
"Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man (1 Cor. 11:9)."
"Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husband, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife.... Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husband in every thing (Eph. 5:22-24)."

If they are out of context, put them back into context and prove I am wrong. How simple would that be?

What about these, are they out of context? It concerns the question of whether or not God's face has been seen.

John 1:18 "No man hath seen God at any time;..."
Exodus 33:20, And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
John 6:46 "Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father."
1 John 4:12 "No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us."

Versus

Gen. 32:30 "And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved."
Exod. 33:11 "And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend."
Num. 14:14 "...that thou LORD art seen face to face,..."
Job 42:5 "I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee."
Deut. 34:10 "And there arose not a prophet since in Israel like unto Moses, whom the LORD knew face to face,..."
Deut. 5:4 "The LORD talked with you face to face...."

Location hidden

#232525 Sep 9, 2014
Cali Girl 2014dal wrote:
<quoted text>
I have NEVER seen a Mexican atheist
I have never seen a real Christian.

Location hidden

#232526 Sep 9, 2014
Cali Girl 2014dal wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheist country my ass...Go down S.
America has NEVER been a Christian country and everyone is born an Atheist.
Cali Girl 2014dal ct

Murrieta, CA

#232528 Sep 9, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>Keep massaging your ego.
I'm not massaging my ego. As if
you bother me? I just think you
don't respect women. That's
your problem. Just like I don't
tell others what to say to posters.
BTW, you are far from a Santa
type....
Cali Girl 2014dal ct

Murrieta, CA

#232529 Sep 9, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>I have never seen a real Christian.
Open your eyes.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#232530 Sep 9, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
The fabric of this country has been Christianity. It motivated it's conception and guided it's character.

The more society moves from that fabric, the more the fabric of society unravels.

The belief in the supernatural permeates humanity. Atheists are a minority.

Smile.
Cali Girl 2014dal ct

Murrieta, CA

#232531 Sep 9, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>America has NEVER been a Christian country and everyone is born an Atheist.
That's untrue! You are born with
no knowledge of God, true. But
to say when you are born an Atheist
or non believer, is BS. How can you
say that, when you are born with no
knowledge of anything, let alone
being a Christian or Atheist!

Sacramento, CA

#232532 Sep 9, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
The same old 'out of context' ruse. The verses I posted, in or out of context have the same meaning, make the same point, and their meaning is not changed.
"...and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee (Genesis 3:16)."
"But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man;....(1 Cor. 11:3)."
"Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man (1 Cor. 11:9)."
"Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husband, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife.... Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husband in every thing (Eph. 5:22-24)."
If they are out of context, put them back into context and prove I am wrong. How simple would that be?
What about these, are they out of context? It concerns the question of whether or not God's face has been seen.
John 1:18 "No man hath seen God at any time;..."
Exodus 33:20, And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
John 6:46 "Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father."
1 John 4:12 "No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us."
Versus
Gen. 32:30 "And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved."
Exod. 33:11 "And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend."
Num. 14:14 "...that thou LORD art seen face to face,..."
Job 42:5 "I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee."
Deut. 34:10 "And there arose not a prophet since in Israel like unto Moses, whom the LORD knew face to face,..."
Deut. 5:4 "The LORD talked with you face to face...."
I'm not here to write a book. Each verse should be read from the book it is in as a whole. Many times people have explained the meaning and you ignore it and go on to the next verse. Just to explain one of these verses might take a long response. Do you understand why people don't want to do that with you? This topic is not about getting you off on your hate. Nobody is trying to convert you, show some respect for others.

Sacramento, CA

#232533 Sep 9, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
She never said America is Christian country. atheism is the rejection of theism, or the idea of the existence of god/gods. That’s really it. To be an atheist (that is, to reject the concept of the supernatural or divine) one must first be capable of comprehending what the supernatural or divine is; we need to have an understanding of theism in order to decide that it is worth rejecting. Such a mental process is beyond that of an infant, and runs contrary to the idea of tabula rasa (the blank slate).

In short, babies cannot be atheists. Because babies cannot comprehend the idea of a theist in order to add the ‘a’ to it.

We are not born anything.
Sgt Peppers

Gardnerville, NV

#232535 Sep 9, 2014
Awe contrare. You are a born idiot. A Christian is a person who suspects that somewhere, somebody might be enjoying themselves, and they must be found and stopped.
Dmn fools

La Puente, CA

#232536 Sep 9, 2014
Quick get me a bible so I can join in on the idiots convention of bible thumpers.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#232537 Sep 10, 2014
Dmn fools wrote:
Quick get me a bible so I can join in on the idiots convention of bible thumpers.
Good, start at the beginning:

This isn't complicated, I simply asked how the recently understood details of the big bang theory confirm what the Bible noted thousands of years ago. How did they get in there?

Genesis 1:1-5 (NASB)
1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

Here we have science confirming what the very first verse of the Bible states: There was a specific moment when the heavens and earth were created.

Interestingly, the article YOU referenced noted that there are likely additional universes in existence, something also predated by the Bible speaking of Heaven and Hell.

2 The earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters.

This verse notes that initially the earth was without form. Wow, NAILED that fact!

But get this! It notes two even more profound facts:

~The three most common elements are Helium, Nitrogen and Oxygen. "The Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters."

~"Darkness was over the surface of the deep." The article notes that light was restrained for hundreds of thousands of years!

"For the first 380,000 years or so, the universe was essentially too hot for light to shine. The heat of creation smashed atoms together with enough force to break them up into a dense plasma, an opaque soup of protons, neutrons and electrons that scattered light like fog."

3 Then God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light.
4 God saw that the light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness.
5 God called the light day, and the darkness He called night. And there was evening and there was morning, one day.

If you can't explain this, then simply say so, but I really expected a 'new age spiritual LEADER' to have a better grip on this...

Oh, something to think about down the road. The article notes the possibility that the universe could one day RETRACT! Something the Bible already noted...

http://www.space.com/52-the-expanding-univers...

Smile.
thumper

La Puente, CA

#232538 Sep 10, 2014
Quick get me two bibles so I can join in on the idiots convention of bible thumpers.
kstet

San Diego, CA

#232539 Sep 10, 2014
Gays would watch america go off a cliff for gay marriage

Location hidden

#232540 Sep 10, 2014
Cali Girl 2014dal ct wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not massaging my ego. As if
you bother me? I just think you
don't respect women. That's
your problem. Just like I don't
tell others what to say to posters.
BTW, you are far from a Santa
type....
I guess I really ruffled your feathers didn't I. So now, tell me I didn't, and can't, ruffle your feathers.

This is not how I see women, this is how your BibleGod sees women, this is not me saying this, it is your God saying this, please pay attention this time:

Your complaint is with God not me. I would never write stupid stuff like that, your God wrote that stupid stuff. And there is a whole lot more stupid stuff where that came from.

Eve, for example, is blamed for the creation of Original Sin. The Bible says as much:

"For Adam was formed first, then Eve. And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner (1 Tim. 2:12-14, NIV)."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Los Angeles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 11 hr annie puzzo 20,482
News Hillary Clinton is exploring the outer limits o... 16 hr He Named Me Black... 1
‘Hillary Hospital’ Signs Welcome Hillary Clinto... 23 hr Paris 2
19 f for daddies Aug 20 Gjomgmf 4
Chris Powell Editor of the JI investigated for ... Aug 20 Herc213 1
News Naked Trump Statues Around USA Aug 20 Mjr64 1
National Historical Numbers Hit High this Month... Aug 19 My Homeless Husband 2

Los Angeles Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Los Angeles Mortgages