6 die in multi-car crash on S. Califo...

6 die in multi-car crash on S. California freeway

There are 24 comments on the SFGate story from Feb 10, 2014, titled 6 die in multi-car crash on S. California freeway. In it, SFGate reports that:

Officials investigate the scene of a multiple vehicle accident where 6 people were killed on the westbound Pomona Freeway in Diamond Bar, Calif.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at SFGate.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

#1 Feb 10, 2014
"Three people were ejected from their cars" Wheeeeee, I believe I can fly!:)
youidiotstookall thenames

Los Angeles, CA

#3 Feb 12, 2014
i drive that stretch of road all the time. the victims could see downhill for at least a mile ahead. why did nobody see the wrong way vehicle? was everyone there drunk?
Bob Lewis

Long Beach, CA

#4 Feb 14, 2014
Pitiful Los Angelenos are realizing that the two year construction and $1 Billion in money didn't imrove the 405. It' only for a Car Pool lane which will have NO benefit to thousands of tax paying commuters. Any group of 5th graders picked at random would make better choices than what passes for City and State Govt in California.
Long Beach Observer

Riverside, CA

#5 Feb 14, 2014
youidiotstookallthenames wrote:
i drive that stretch of road all the time. the victims could see downhill for at least a mile ahead. why did nobody see the wrong way vehicle? was everyone there drunk?
The wrong way driver was reportedly going at least 100 mph. With the traffic probably going at least 70mph, that means that if you have a full mile, you have at most about 25 seconds from the moment the wrong way car appears in the distance before impact. If it is actually about 3/4 mile, 19 seconds. 1/2 mile, about 13 seconds.

If your attention is diverted or you aren't scanning the horizon, the car would appear awfully quickly at the early hours of the morning, when most are not at their most attentive.
Sally Tedson

Claremont, CA

#6 Feb 15, 2014
She also killed a bottle of Courvoisier
Hot coed

Fullerton, CA

#7 Feb 16, 2014
Long Beach Observer wrote:
<quoted text>The wrong way driver was reportedly going at least 100 mph. With the traffic probably going at least 70mph, that means that if you have a full mile, you have at most about 25 seconds from the moment the wrong way car appears in the distance before impact. If it is actually about 3/4 mile, 19 seconds. 1/2 mile, about 13 seconds.
If your attention is diverted or you aren't scanning the horizon, the car would appear awfully quickly at the early hours of the morning, when most are not at their most attentive.
Please, no math in this forum.
Uhhh

New York, NY

#8 Feb 16, 2014
Bob Lewis wrote:
Pitiful Los Angelenos are realizing that the two year construction and $1 Billion in money didn't imrove the 405. It' only for a Car Pool lane which will have NO benefit to thousands of tax paying commuters. Any group of 5th graders picked at random would make better choices than what passes for City and State Govt in California.
Don't you California clowns carpool??
Long Beach Observer

Riverside, CA

#9 Feb 16, 2014
Uhhh wrote:
<quoted text> Don't you California clowns carpool??
Didn't you notice that 4 of the dead were from one vehicle? Can't you count that high on the East Coast?
Uhhhh

New York, NY

#10 Feb 17, 2014
<quoted text>Didn't you notice that 4 of the dead were from one vehicle? Can't you count that high on the East Coast?
So they were car pooling in the middle of the night? I didn't know that one could legally drive 100 MPH in a California carpool lane!
Long Beach Observer

Riverside, CA

#11 Feb 18, 2014
Uhhhh wrote:
<quoted text> So they were car pooling in the middle of the night? I didn't know that one could legally drive 100 MPH in a California carpool lane!
Is there some time when car pooling is illegal in NY? I know you haven't bothered to actually read anything about the crash, but it was 4 VICTIMS who were in one car. The murderess was also carpooling with her sister, who also died. Do you finally understand?

Los Angeles, CA

#12 Feb 18, 2014
<quoted text>The wrong way driver was reportedly going at least 100 mph. With the traffic probably going at least 70mph, that means that if you have a full mile, you have at most about 25 seconds from the moment the wrong way car appears in the distance before impact. If it is actually about 3/4 mile, 19 seconds. 1/2 mile, about 13 seconds.
19 seconds is a hell of a long time. thats plenty of time to drive into the shoulder or whatever evasive action that was required
Long Beach Observer

Riverside, CA

#13 Feb 18, 2014
<quoted text>
19 seconds is a hell of a long time. thats plenty of time to drive into the shoulder or whatever evasive action that was required
True. IF you are scanning the horizon and IF you are alert and not sleepy and IF you are not momentarily distracted by someone/something inside or outside the vehicle, and IF the approaching vehicle is not blocked by an SUV or truck in front of you.

It doesn't seem like so much time after all.
Uhhh

New York, NY

#14 Feb 19, 2014
<quoted text>Is there some time when car pooling is illegal in NY? I know you haven't bothered to actually read anything about the crash, but it was 4 VICTIMS who were in one car. The murderess was also carpooling with her sister, who also died. Do you finally understand?
Going 100 Mph is ILLEGAL in NY!! Have California Freeways now become an extension of the German Autobahn??
Long Beach Observer

Whittier, CA

#15 Feb 19, 2014
Uhhh wrote:
<quoted text> Going 100 Mph is ILLEGAL in NY!! Have California Freeways now become an extension of the German Autobahn??
It's illegal in California, too. What's your point?
Uhhh

New York, NY

#16 Feb 20, 2014
<quoted text>It's illegal in California, too. What's your point?
My point is that car pooling had nothing to do with this!

Los Angeles, CA

#17 Feb 20, 2014
<quoted text>True. IF you are scanning the horizon and IF you are alert and not sleepy and IF you are not momentarily distracted by someone/something inside or outside the vehicle, and IF the approaching vehicle is not blocked by an SUV or truck in front of you.
It doesn't seem like so much time after all.
in my opinion if you are not constantly scanning the road you are doing yourself and everyone else on the road a huge injustice. that is all i do while i drive but of course im sure thats why i never get into accidents or near accidents
Long Beach Observer

Riverside, CA

#18 Feb 20, 2014
Uhhh wrote:
<quoted text> My point is that car pooling had nothing to do with this!
Then why did YOU raise the issue of carpooling???
Long Beach Observer

Riverside, CA

#19 Feb 20, 2014
<quoted text>
in my opinion if you are not constantly scanning the road you are doing yourself and everyone else on the road a huge injustice. that is all i do while i drive but of course im sure thats why i never get into accidents or near accidents
Hubris: Pride which offends the Gods.
Uhhh

New York, NY

#20 Feb 20, 2014
<quoted text>Then why did YOU raise the issue of carpooling???
Read comment #4 made by Bob Lewis.

Los Angeles, CA

#21 Feb 20, 2014
<quoted text>Hubris: Pride which offends the Gods.
meh.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Los Angeles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Deadline closing in to cash unclaimed $63M lott... 11 hr Raydot 3
Hillary Clinton is not the right choice for Pre... 11 hr Raydot 6
Hillary Clinton: Is a lair and she is going to ... Sun Katrina Nokia 4
2 remaining jail escapees arrested in San Franc... Sat Eyuiop 3
Sean Lewis Sat James 1
Girl Got Kilt While Car Surfing Fri Kimmy Head 7
The Rams Fri Kimmy Head 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Los Angeles Mortgages