Nora Aunor is "All Time Greatest Arti...
Carmelo

San Francisco, CA

#1009 Feb 10, 2009
boyrosas wrote:
lea salonga , eugene domingo. aiza seguerra, boy abunda , german moreno. mario o hara. cherry gil, regine velasquez, jano gibbs alam ko noranians sila
Isama mo dyan si Jackie Lou Blanco na nagbabad sa Superstar show ni Nora at dala ni Pilita Corales para panoorin lang si Nora !
Carmelo

San Francisco, CA

#1011 Feb 10, 2009
Daming directors na noranians like Maryo Delos Reyes, Joel Lamangan (even before he became a director), Celso Ad Castillo (na nangarap na i-direct si Nora at nangarap na maging lalaking nora aunor hehehe...totoo yun)

and actresses/actors who admired Nora like Hilda Koronel, Lolita Rodriguez, Charito Solis, Lorna Tolentino, Lea Salonga, Caridad Sanchez, Dina Bonevie, Carlos Morales, John Lloyd Cruz, John Pratts, Zsa Zsa Padilla, Robin Padilla, Cocoy Laurel, etc.

and writers like baby k jimenez, ernie pecho, nesto torre, tito genova, gerard ramos, isah red, cristina belen, etc.

to be continued....research ulit tayo mga kaibigan hehehehe

these are the people who recognized Nora's talent and her huge contribution to the entertainment industry and somehow got their inspirations from Nora....and her enigmatic life.
Munuec

Quezon, Philippines

#1012 Feb 11, 2009
Charito Solis is Vilmanian dear, mwahugs!

MMDA Bayani Fernando, is a NOranian, yes, napanood ko sya sa Channel 2, he admitted that hes a Noranian and Nora films ang pinanonood nya.
misslanie

Glendale, CA

#1013 Feb 11, 2009
Munuec wrote:
Charito Solis is Vilmanian dear, mwahugs!
MMDA Bayani Fernando, is a NOranian, yes, napanood ko sya sa Channel 2, he admitted that hes a Noranian and Nora films ang pinanonood nya.
Hahahahaha...baka "closet" Noranian si Charito Solis like Sharon Cuneta??..Si Sharon naman halatang halata naman ang admiration niya kay Nora Aunor especially when she started in showbiz...si Nora ang unang pinuntahan niya sa bahay para lang ma-screen ni Nora ang first movie niya...

Michael de Mesa is also a Noranian. Gloria Sevilla and Suzette Ranillo are also Noranians...obvious ba?? hehe
Carmelo

San Francisco, CA

#1014 Feb 11, 2009
Manuec:

The admiration could have shifted probably because of Nora being vocal of her preference to Lolita Rodriguez's subdued style of acting. But in the past the admiration was there. Remember the time when Nora, as a producer, personally picked Chato to co-star with Boyet in Mrs. Teresa Abad Ako Po si Bing?
marta presa

Bologna, Italy

#1016 Feb 13, 2009
si nora aunor para s a ating mga pilipino ay tanging kakaibang yaman ng pilipinas,sa larangan ng industriya ng pelikula at telebisyon,teatro,at musika.natatanging aktres n maituturing na alamat ng sining.kayat saludo at ipanagmamalaki ka naming mga pilipino.we are proud having the one and only superstar of philippines.
misslanie

Glendale, CA

#1017 Feb 13, 2009
MIFF Best Director for Banal Cesar Apolinario is also a Noranian, of course, along with the star of Banal Alfred Vargas....

Wow Pinoy

Australia

#1018 Feb 14, 2009
Ito po ay isang article sa goodnewspilipinas.com tungkol sa isang Pilipino-Australian actor.

Dolloso in key Hollywood action film role
Posted on February 9th, 2009 under Entertainment Success

Felino Dolloso has been cast in one of Hollywood’s top action films to released later this year.

The Filipino-Australian actor plays a key supporting role in the movie Point Break 2, directed by Jan De Bont.

De Bont megged box-office action-thriller hits Twister and Speed which starred Keanu Reeves.

Pinoy ako na lumaki na dito sa Australia, said the trained Professional actor.

Among the major film credits of the up and coming Fil-Aussie actor are Candy, a 2006 feature film starring the late Australian actor Heath Ledger, Abbie Cornish and Geoffrey Rush.

Answered by Fire, a TV Mini Series, a Canadian/Australian co-production. The Hostages, a TV Film.

Felino is a graduate from the Victorian College of the Arts. His acting credits include roles in the plays The Kid, Barbarians, Exception and the Rule, Twelfth Night, The Dumb Waiter and the Jungle Book.

Other supporting roles came in the feature film Wanted, short films Collared, Slabs, Karaoke Man, Hawakan (To Touch).

Felino is really looking forward to his latest project and hopes this will be another stepping stone towards Hollywood success.

Later in 2009, he takes the stage once again in Strange Attractor at Griffin and Riverside Theatres in Australia.

Salamat po.
mariabill

Ambler, PA

#1019 Feb 16, 2009
Hi to all Noranian,

How are you today?

All i can say :

We can call Nora Aunor The one and only Superstar.... i might say Superstar of all time too of the Philippine.
Carmelo

San Francisco, CA

#1021 Mar 2, 2009
Is it true that Celso Ad "Kid" Castillo will direct Nora on a new movie here in the U.S.?
avisreymond

Australia

#1022 Mar 3, 2009
Carmelo wrote:
Is it true that Celso Ad "Kid" Castillo will direct Nora on a new movie here in the U.S.?
Thanks for the info, Carmelo...
Munuec

Philippines

#1023 Mar 6, 2009
Hello Noranians!

Viva Nora Aunor!
mariabill

Ronan, MT

#1024 Mar 8, 2009
hi munuec! How's everyone? I observe that the Noranian here are not busy this days on this cite. No movements , no news today about out idol.
Boy Saudi

Saudi Arabia

#1025 Mar 8, 2009
may bagong news ngayon. i-rerelease via DVD ang superstar show, kaya wait na lang tayo.
mariabill

Ronan, MT

#1026 Mar 11, 2009
Boy Saudi that's good news na may DVD ang superstar show.
misslanie

Culver City, CA

#1027 Mar 11, 2009
Boy Saudi

Saudi Arabia

#1029 Mar 16, 2009
Hello to all.....May the blessing of the Lord be with upon you in this Holy Lenten Season...... PEACE TO ALL........
mdhphd

Montréal, Canada

#1030 Mar 16, 2009
Celebrity World
Nora Aunor to do a movie in the US
By CRISPINA MARTINEZ-BELEN
March 16, 2009, 12:00am

If plans push through, the movie superstar Nora Aunor will film in the US will be directed by Celso Ad Castillo whose son Chris Castillo, who’s been a resident of the US for a long time now, wrote the script of the film project “Do Filipinos Cry in America?”

Direk Celso informed us about the film project which should excite the numerous fans of Nora Aunor here and abroad.

“The script was written by my son Chris Castillo who is also a writer filmmaker in Hollywood. We’ve had this project for over a decade now and it was originally attached to a producer that Chris met at the Sundance Film Festival and to be shot in Napa Valley. Then it was supposed to be shot in Australia. But somehow things would just not come together. However I do believe that there is a time for everything and now is the time for this project. Just like it took over a decade to get ‘Slumdog Millionaire’ made. The good projects always take time,” Celso said.
He added:“The concept is about identity. It’s about losing identity and rediscovering it. It’s about getting lost in the sea of humanity and finding your way back home. Much as the title suggests our own race, the story encompasses everyone. It’s not about just our story in a foreign land. It’s everyone’s story. Even some Americans in their own country feel like a foreigner, as they do not recognize their own country anymore what with the moral and financial collapse. The last thing we want to do with our story is to box it in and make it seem like that this can only happen to Filipinos in America. This is the whole world’s experience.”
The main core of the story is about a mother and her daughter who has to face the harsh realities of her mother’s secret of what she had to do to give her family a better life in America. It’s about facing up to the things that we hide in the shadows as we struggle to keep our family together. It’s about an Americanized daughter who has to find her roots in order to save her mother’s life. It’s a mystery drama.

We asked what attracted him to the project, and CelsoKid’s (one of his monikers) answer was:“It was a project borne out of love. It had been germinating in my mind ever since my kids immigrated to America and were able to make good of themselves there. But how about those that did not? How about those that left our country for a better life only to realize that the American dream is really a nightmare? That’s what I wanted to explore.”

As to how he was able to convince Nora Aunor to do this film, Celso said “My son has a standing order from me to look for Guy in America. Through actor and family friend Abe Pagtama, they were able to connect and the rest is history. Chris and Guy knew each other from the 1986 Metro Manila Film Festival where ‘Halimaw’ won Best Picture and Chris won Best Supporting Actor for “Bagets Gang.” Plus when people want to work with each other, things go smoothly.
Celso believes Nora Aunor is perfect for female lead role in “Do Filipinos Cry in America?”
“Besides being a complete actress, she is one who can truly identify the Filipinos in global cinema being the only one and true superstar of the Philippine movies in the truest sense of the word. She plays the role of Leonora in the movie and it’s about what she was before she attained stardom in the world of make-believe. In short, this is her true story sort of before she migrated to America.”
mdhphd

Montréal, Canada

#1031 Mar 16, 2009
Celebrity World

Cont.

In the past, CelsoKid has been passionately talking about a film project entitled “Ang Lalakeng Nangarap na Maging Nora Aunor” Does Nora know about this project? We asked him.
“Of course I had to seek Nora’s permission before I embarked in ‘Ang Lalaking Nangarap na Maging Nora Aunor.’ The reason I had wanted to do the film is the same reason I am doing ‘Do Filipinos Cry in America?’ this time. This is sort of a tribute to a great artist. There is so much superficiality and pretensions among the industry people in this country. It’s time to shake them up and pronounce the true artists of Philippine movies.

We also asked if he has plans to revive the project and he said “No, there are no definite plans to revive the project. I was supposed to play the title role. I think I am no longer young to pursue it.”

Going back of the film project “Do Filipinos Cry in America?,” Celso said they are now in the process of putting the financing together and “hopefully we can start soon. The location will be at Napa Valley in California where the grapes and rolling hills will provide a cinematic backdrop to the story. We want it to have the feel of East of Eden.”

“We are going to use a small handheld digital camera called the S1-2K which is the same camera used in ‘Slumdog Millionaire.’ It is very compact which makes us very mobile. I also want to use the video motion aspect of still cameras and experiment with it. As much as I want to go with 35mm, it is just not feasible in this day and age. But this digital camera captures the organic look of film stock.”

What are his plans or hopes for this film?
CelsoKid’s bold answer:“Nothing except greatness. I hope I can do the feat of Akira Kurosawa in “Rashomon” to be able to create awareness to global cinema that there is such a thing as Filipino movies.”

As to who are the producers behind the project, he said “Right now, everything is still under negotiation but the money will come from different sources which is how international films are made. It’s basically a conglomerate and catalyst entertainment production of Hollywood puts in the major bulk. Miramax is releasing it.”

Another project of Celso is a TV series called “Medical Center” which he hopes to start working on by end of the month for Ausphil Entertainment Corp. It will be broadcast over Channel 31 in Australia and on Channel 5 for local stations.
mdhphd

Montréal, Canada

#1032 Mar 16, 2009
Celebrity World

(First part)

If plans push through, the movie superstar Nora Aunor will film in the US will be directed by Celso Ad Castillo whose son Chris Castillo, who’s been a resident of the US for a long time now, wrote the script of the film project “Do Filipinos Cry in America?”

Direk Celso informed us about the film project which should excite the numerous fans of Nora Aunor here and abroad.

“The script was written by my son Chris Castillo who is also a writer filmmaker in Hollywood. We’ve had this project for over a decade now and it was originally attached to a producer that Chris met at the Sundance Film Festival and to be shot in Napa Valley. Then it was supposed to be shot in Australia. But somehow things would just not come together. However I do believe that there is a time for everything and now is the time for this project. Just like it took over a decade to get ‘Slumdog Millionaire’ made. The good projects always take time,” Celso said.

He added:“The concept is about identity. It’s about losing identity and rediscovering it. It’s about getting lost in the sea of humanity and finding your way back home. Much as the title suggests our own race, the story encompasses everyone. It’s not about just our story in a foreign land. It’s everyone’s story. Even some Americans in their own country feel like a foreigner, as they do not recognize their own country anymore what with the moral and financial collapse. The last thing we want to do with our story is to box it in and make it seem like that this can only happen to Filipinos in America. This is the whole world’s experience.”

The main core of the story is about a mother and her daughter who has to face the harsh realities of her mother’s secret of what she had to do to give her family a better life in America. It’s about facing up to the things that we hide in the shadows as we struggle to keep our family together. It’s about an Americanized daughter who has to find her roots in order to save her mother’s life. It’s a mystery drama.

We asked what attracted him to the project, and CelsoKid’s (one of his monikers) answer was:“It was a project borne out of love. It had been germinating in my mind ever since my kids immigrated to America and were able to make good of themselves there. But how about those that did not? How about those that left our country for a better life only to realize that the American dream is really a nightmare? That’s what I wanted to explore.”

As to how he was able to convince Nora Aunor to do this film, Celso said “My son has a standing order from me to look for Guy in America. Through actor and family friend Abe Pagtama, they were able to connect and the rest is history. Chris and Guy knew each other from the 1986 Metro Manila Film Festival where ‘Halimaw’ won Best Picture and Chris won Best Supporting Actor for “Bagets Gang.” Plus when people want to work with each other, things go smoothly.

Celso believes Nora Aunor is perfect for female lead role in “Do Filipinos Cry in America?”“Besides being a complete actress, she is one who can truly identify the Filipinos in global cinema being the only one and true superstar of the Philippine movies in the truest sense of the word. She plays the role of Leonora in the movie and it’s about what she was before she attained stardom in the world of make-believe. In short, this is her true story sort of before she migrated to America.”

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Los Angeles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Santa Claus 3 hr Elf Lee Bailey 1
Marsha Blackburn 4 hr Vladimir Putin 2
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 4 hr Strong Black Man 21,305
to the congressman and all of the usa people 10 hr dont get fooled a... 1
should california be sold to mexico? 12 hr truth 1
BradmanTV 13 hr Jimbo 6
direct tv: worst company on planet earth Fri Ann 4

Los Angeles Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Los Angeles Mortgages