lanie

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2008

hahahaha! Ano pa ba ang mga pinaghihimutok ng mga Vilmanians na ito??!? hahahaha..Wala na kasi ang mga importanteng titles sa kanila!!! Actress of the Century, Superstar, Greatest Actress of All Time in Philippine Cinema! Most awarded and nominated Filipino actress internationally..The fat lady sang and the curtain fell down..the winner is MISS NORA AUNOR!!!!
lanie

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2008

georgygirl wrote:
BTW, I just watched YOU TUBE where Vilma And Nora tied for Best Variety Show Host. In Nora's speech she humbly admitted that "Hindi po ako magaling na host, mas maraming magaling sa akin." There you go guys, aminado na hindi deserving sa award.
Etching lang ni Nora yun! She's like adding insult to injury! Alam niyang magaling siya pa humble kuno lang para sa kumareng Vilma niya!
lanie

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2008

georgygirl wrote:
Munuec---inggit ka sa 2x Cinemanila Lifetime Achievement Awards ni Vilma. Sorry na lang sobrang bilib ng Cinemanila sa kanya kaya twice ibinigay sa kanya ang very deserving award. Sorang bilib din ang FAMAS so they awarded her with Circle of Excellence twice. Isa lang ang Circle of Excellence ni Nora from FAMAS and she has yet to win a Lifetime Achievement from the same award-giving body. Say mo?
that's not true at all! Vilma only got a Lifetime Achievement Award at Cinemanila once with Nora and 2x sa Famas and Nora only once sa Famas! Pero that's not important the Actress of the Century is heavier than any of those which was awarded to NORA AUNOR.
mega-diamond-sta r 4 all

Lake Mary, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2008

Nora Aunor is the Superstar and Vilma Santos is the Star for all Seasons...anong problema dun?... Sa U.S. wala ng ibang title ang artista kundi Superstar like Michael Jackson...kaya lang dito sa Pinas when you say Superstar what comes to people's mind is Nora Aunor at wala ng iba pa... kaya yung mga sumunod na sumikat na artista ay ginawan ng kani- kanilang titulo dahil hindi nila pwedeng gamitin ang Superstar coz the title belongs to NORA AUNOR at wala ng iba pa...
Munuec

Quezon, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2008

SUPERSTAR muna bago kong ano anong title na yan! Lahat gumaya lang! Yan ang totoo!
filintoronto

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2008

here we go again! the awards in the philippines are very subjective. but even so, if anyone wants to compare awards of both actresses, you don't really have to count the awards and line them up side by side. the number doesn't really make up for anything. it's just numbers. it should be by the weight of the award. so let's go by the most distinguished award. what's the most prestigious award that Vilma Santos earned? i mean the heaviest of the heaviest award in the philippines. i think, there's nothing more prestigious than the Centennial Awards by the CCP. if you go by what that award means. it means that it can never be given out again, not after another hundred years. so there's no way that vilma santos can every achieve that, because i'm sure she's dead already by that time, and so are we.

so the local awards have been decided already. now let's go to the international awards. vilma's achievement was only at the Brusells Filmfest, unless she i missed anything. La aunor has that already. does vilma have any other international awards??

there are three prestigious international awards in the world. these are Cannes, Berlin and Toronto. La aunor has a film which was in competition in Cannes, which was Bona which as included in the list of the best 100 films of the world at the Museum of Tolerance in the LA. then she had Himala where she was nominated in the best actress category, which we all know, she almost won.

for vilma to at least catch up with la aunor, she must have a film to be part of competition in any of that International Film Festival, it has to be competition and not in the exhibition category, and she must be nominated as best actress. sadly, vilma, to date, has none.

it is true that vilma won over la aunor as the best actress between relasyon and himala. i think she had a grandslam for that year. but how come, himala was chosen by berlin festival over relasyon. if relasyon is much better, it should have upstaged himala. to think that both films were directed by the same director ishma bernal. don't you think ishma would have said something if relasyon is much better than himala? or vilma's acting is much better than la aunor?

lastly, what good are awards if the other artists don't mention and recognize your talent as an artist. i just posted the comment of lea salonga, who is humble enough to admit the amazing talent of La Aunor. she never mentioned vilma. even national artist lamberto avellano was mesmerized with La aunor.

let's be fair. let's give credit to those who are deserving. both vilma and nora are good actresses. but, it seems that la aunor is way way ahead of her in terms of citations and achievements.

do i still have to repeat HBO documentary of the world's greatest actresses, where La aunor was one of the only two asians in the documentary.

i hope, this will once and for all end the argument.

ayyyyyyyy, nakakapagod na. paulit-ulit na lang ang arguments. be factual!

if vilmanians think that vilma is the greatest filipino actor, so be it, if noranians think La aunor is the the greatest, so be it too. but people who are neither noranians nor vilmanians have given their verdict. should we listen to vilmanians, noranians, or to those who are neither?

what do you think?
Cherish

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2008

This is like a comparison between apple and orange or which came first between chicken and egg? No one knows who the clear winner is. I think whoever has the most prestigious award or whose name has been recognized abroad a number of times should claim the prize. Vilmanian's arguments are the consistencies of local best actress awards and box office queen titles and Noranians are bringing the most "first" or "first and only" to the table, but if we look closely to the facts, no matter how many best actress awards or box office titles Vilma has, Nora on the other hand, has those titles too, and we all know what started that Box Office Queen title in the very beginning anyhow. We must determine which actress represented the country to compete with another countries side by side in the field of arts. We must realize which actress showcased her talent and proved to foreign countries that the Philippines is not just another third world country. Now, who do you think that person is?
Munuec

Quezon, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2008

VIVA NORA AUNOR!!!
boy rosas

Japan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2008

filin toronto maraming salamat sa iyo kaso ang mga vilmanians di nila matanggap ang katotohanan na mas deserving talaga si MISS NORA AUNOR na tawaging Greatest Actress of all Time..
Jai

Quezon, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2008

Nora Aunor!!!
Munuec

Quezon, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2008

Hello Noranians! Hello Boy Rosas!
Munuec

Quezon, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2008

Filintoronto, thanks sa mga postings mo!

Viva Nora Aunor!
boy rosas

Japan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2008

hello munuec and to all NORANIANS..
filintoronto

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2008

boy rosas, you are welcome!

i mentioned at the very beginning i am not really a noranian.

having lived in toronto for several years now, and having witnessed Toronto Film Festival as a volunteer, i have really observed the prestige that it brings to any artist for being a part of these famous festivals. no one in the philippines would ever know how grandeur these three prestigious film festivals unless you have seen or been a part of any, and witness how artists from other countries give recognition to those who are deserving. just read what anita linda had to say when her film 'adela' was shown here in toronto. sayang lang, la aunor didn't get the best actress award at the berlin film festival. if only she attended, it would have been complete. but that's water under the bridge. history has been made, himala is the first and to date, the only filipino film ever competed in berlin festival and la aunor is the one and only filipino artist, to this date,(male or female) ever nominated in that festival. and lino brocka brought his works to cannes. his movies in cannes were with hilda, gina, and la aunor. how come lino never made a film with vilma intended for cannes? if she is the greatest, don't u think, she should have been considered by lino?

maybe in the future other filipino actors will get the chance to compete, which is a good thing, but history has been written already. it's already edged in the stone.

now, magbubulagbulagan ba pa tayo, or magpapakaluka-luka pa in denying this?
Munuec

Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2008

Ginawad o binigay na kay Nora Aunor ang title na...GREATEST ACTRESS OF ALL TIME, ICON, PHENOMENAL, SUPERSTAR, MILLENIUM ACTRESS, ACTRESS OF THE CENTURY!

Identified na yan kay Living Legend NOra Aunor!

Ikabit man nila ang title na yan sa idolo ng kabila, walang maniniwala, meron din silang mga Vilmanians! Mangarap na lang sila!
Munuec

Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2008

Isa sa mga basehan ng kagalingan ay ang awards, but di ibig sabihin magaling ka pa sa mas magaling!

What if nagretire na sa showbis ang Vilma at sunod sunod ang awards ng Kris Aquino as best actress, at nalagpasan ang awards ng vilma, meaning mas magaling ang Kris kaysa Vilma? Agree ba kayo Vilmanians?
Munuec

Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2008

Nora Aunor is a better actress than Vilma Santos.(Proof: compare film reviews by local and foreing film critics, tabulate the number of best actress trophies, compare filmography of the two and see which one has more internationally recognized films, compare notes by film directors who have worked with both actresses)
Munuec

Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2008

RECORD BREAKING NORA AUNOR

• With estimated sales of one million units, Nora's cover of "Pearly Shells" (1971) is one of the biggest-selling singles in the Philippines ever.

• She has notched more than 30 gold singles, a record in the local music industry.

• She is the artist with the most singles in Philippine recording history (with more than 260 singles). Over-all she has recorded more than 500 songs.

• At the height of her popularity as a recording artist in the late 1960s and early 1970s, local records soared up to 75% of national sales.

THE GIRL WITH THE GOLDEN VOICE…with foreign singers dominating the airwaves the entry of NORA AUNOR changed the beat of an era by delivering million of sales for her records surpassing those of the Beatles, The Supremes and Jackson Five. UNTIL TODAY, NO SINGLE FILIPINO CELEBRITY CAN CLAIM TO HAVE AFFECTED THE INDUSTRY AND THE ECONOMY AS A WHOLE OTHER THAN NORA AUNOR.
Munuec

Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2008

Vilma is an entrepreneur popular celebrity star who is a good actress.

Nora is an artist.
Munuec

Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2008

Nora is more popular than Vilma among academicians who study acting, history of Filipino films, sociology, anthropology, etc.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 241 - 260 of1,330
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

18 Users are viewing the Los Angeles Forum right now

Search the Los Angeles Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 11 min Samuel 17,773
'Hiccup girl' charged with murder in Florida (Oct '10) 1 hr Hung n horny 1,839
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 11 hr Foes 15,666
How can I get that girl in 9 days? 11 hr Rajiv Gupta 6
Think You're A Britney Fan, Bitch? Take The Quiz 14 hr John Hamm 8
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 15 hr Lug Heads 7,300
Los Angeles releases road map to increase mobil... 18 hr Yes 2
•••
•••

Los Angeles News Video

•••
Los Angeles Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••