Salvation Army Bell Shelter says one thing, but do different thing.

Posted in the Los Angeles Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of62
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Esther

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Mar 13, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I have worked for three weeks. When I left Salvation Army Bell Shelter, Manager Mr. Brisco told me and wrote down that they will keep my belonging until I find a bigger place. I keep calling Bell Shelter once a week and they keep telling me that they still keep my stuff. Today I went there with my boss to pick up my stuff and they told me that they already threw away all my stuff. They said this to me without any guiltiness and shame. What's kind of Christian they are. I have some valuable things including a gold ring from my pass away father.
Not A Problem

East Tulare County, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Mar 14, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Esther wrote:
I have worked for three weeks. When I left Salvation Army Bell Shelter, Manager Mr. Brisco told me and wrote down that they will keep my belonging until I find a bigger place. I keep calling Bell Shelter once a week and they keep telling me that they still keep my stuff. Today I went there with my boss to pick up my stuff and they told me that they already threw away all my stuff. They said this to me without any guiltiness and shame. What's kind of Christian they are. I have some valuable things including a gold ring from my pass away father.
No problem, their mistake! Just find good lawyer and sue. Salvation Army very wealthy organization, and you will get all new stuff plus lots of cash!:)
Esther

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Mar 15, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Thanks for your responding. I called the Headquarter talking to Ms. Pilar wanting to schedule a meeting with Bell Shelter because I try to do this based on the Christian principle. However Ms. Pilar said if I want to sue them, go ahead and they have their own attorney. I still try to make her understand that if it is possible that they can avoid the law sue. She finally asked me to put my request in writing to see if she can schedule a meeting with Bell, but it is up to Bell.
Not A Problem

Springville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Mar 15, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Esther wrote:
Thanks for your responding. I called the Headquarter talking to Ms. Pilar wanting to schedule a meeting with Bell Shelter because I try to do this based on the Christian principle. However Ms. Pilar said if I want to sue them, go ahead and they have their own attorney. I still try to make her understand that if it is possible that they can avoid the law sue. She finally asked me to put my request in writing to see if she can schedule a meeting with Bell, but it is up to Bell.
Well good luck. Tell Bell that you are going to the newspapers and media if they do not settle with you. They do not want bad publicity, so that should do the trick. If they still refuse, contact local media, and then if that doesn't help call the local Bar Association. They will get you an attorney who will sue them for just a percentage of the winnings, and will not charge you a penny until you succeed!
Esther

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Mar 15, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Not A Problem wrote:
<quoted text> Well good luck. Tell Bell that you are going to the newspapers and media if they do not settle with you. They do not want bad publicity, so that should do the trick. If they still refuse, contact local media, and then if that doesn't help call the local Bar Association. They will get you an attorney who will sue them for just a percentage of the winnings, and will not charge you a penny until you succeed!
gg
Very good suggestion,thanks and will definitely try it.
Not A Problem

Springville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Mar 15, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Esther wrote:
<quoted text>gg
Very good suggestion,thanks and will definitely try it.
Some of the local TV stations have reporters who help the little people and consumers who get ripped off by businesses or organizations. You can try contacting them if Bell refuses to work with you. Good luck, and let us know how you make out! ;)
anonymous california

Hillsboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Mar 15, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Check the Salvation Army thrift store. Could be that they donated your stuff.
Esther

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Mar 16, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Thanks for everyone's suggestions. I have been homeless for a while (I had two master's degree in special education and rehabilitation counseling, but got laid off for several years), I just start working part-time, so I won't have enough money to buy back my stuff. I am in a wheelchair. Please give me more information and support. Here is the email I sent to Ms.Pilar Buelna; however, she didn't respond me.
Subject:Discrimanation
3/15/2011

Ms. Pilar,

Like you say, since I reported to you about the Bell Shelter three weeks ago, you simply told me that you already verify with Bell Shelter and then told me about their side of story. I explained to you that is not the true reason that I got kicked out. I can prove it in my several grievance reports. Afterwards, you didn't provide me any further information for me to appeal. Therefore, I only hope that you will have a heart to do some investigation about the Bell; otherwise sooner or later Bell Shelter will destroy Salvation Army's reputation.

Yesterday I called you regarding my belonging were thrown away by Bell Shelter without any notice. You were on their side telling me about the policy and regulation and told me if I want to sue Salvation Army, go ahead, and you have your own attorney. I talked to both of your assistant and you the same that I want to follow Christian way to do it--I want to talk to Ms. Neal, Ms. Lincoln, and Mr. Brisco. You said that is impossible because they did right things including my exemption from Bell due to my time limitation at Bell. And also has got LAHSA approved. However, Bell is laying to everyone and nobody at LASHA admits to approve to move me out. I was forced to sign the paper to move out. I have Mr. Brisco's signature that he promised me to keep my belonging until I am ready to pick up. I also called once a week to the front desk to check my belonging and always got the response that Bell still keep my belonging. However; I went to Bell on Sunday, everyone including a girl I talk to on the phone one week ago denying receiving any of my phone calls.

After I kept explaining to you that we can prevent worse thing to happen, this is the wrong management at Bell and I don't want to think that is the same operation of entire Salvation Army. You finally agree to ask me to fax you to see if you can talk to the Bell. But I prefer to email you to get prove that I have done my best from a Christian point of view.

I was told that they treat my belonging as donation.

Do you know how they handle the public donation for clients? Some staffs got good stuff first then give the clients the rest. Therefore I can imagine how they treat my belonging. Although I was homeless and no any money in my very critical timing, I still try to keep my valuable items from my passed away father. I believe that people who took it, God will deal with them later and move their blessing on me and God already did. It's a great blessing from God that I can get a job, but I pray to God not to punish these evil creatures so fast so that they have a chance to repent. I just need justice. The way they treat people including me with disrespect will damage Salvation Army’s reputation and hesitate people to donate more.

Your Sister,

Esther Wang
Not A Problem

Springville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Mar 16, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Esther wrote:
Thanks for everyone's suggestions. I have been homeless for a while (I had two master's degree in special education and rehabilitation counseling, but got laid off for several years), I just start working part-time, so I won't have enough money to buy back my stuff. I am in a wheelchair. Please give me more information and support. Here is the email I sent to Ms.Pilar Buelna; however, she didn't respond me.
Subject:Discrimanation
3/15/2011
Ms. Pilar,
Like you say, since I reported to you about the Bell Shelter three weeks ago, you simply told me that you already verify with Bell Shelter and then told me about their side of story. I explained to you that is not the true reason that I got kicked out. I can prove it in my several grievance reports. Afterwards, you didn't provide me any further information for me to appeal. Therefore, I only hope that you will have a heart to do some investigation about the Bell; otherwise sooner or later Bell Shelter will destroy Salvation Army's reputation.
Yesterday I called you regarding my belonging were thrown away by Bell Shelter without any notice. You were on their side telling me about the policy and regulation and told me if I want to sue Salvation Army, go ahead, and you have your own attorney. I talked to both of your assistant and you the same that I want to follow Christian way to do it--I want to talk to Ms. Neal, Ms. Lincoln, and Mr. Brisco. You said that is impossible because they did right things including my exemption from Bell due to my time limitation at Bell. And also has got LAHSA approved. However, Bell is laying to everyone and nobody at LASHA admits to approve to move me out. I was forced to sign the paper to move out. I have Mr. Brisco's signature that he promised me to keep my belonging until I am ready to pick up. I also called once a week to the front desk to check my belonging and always got the response that Bell still keep my belonging. However; I went to Bell on Sunday, everyone including a girl I talk to on the phone one week ago denying receiving any of my phone calls.
After I kept explaining to you that we can prevent worse thing to happen, this is the wrong management at Bell and I don't want to think that is the same operation of entire Salvation Army. You finally agree to ask me to fax you to see if you can talk to the Bell. But I prefer to email you to get prove that I have done my best from a Christian point of view.
I was told that they treat my belonging as donation.
Do you know how they handle the public donation for clients? Some staffs got good stuff first then give the clients the rest. Therefore I can imagine how they treat my belonging. Although I was homeless and no any money in my very critical timing, I still try to keep my valuable items from my passed away father. I believe that people who took it, God will deal with them later and move their blessing on me and God already did. It's a great blessing from God that I can get a job, but I pray to God not to punish these evil creatures so fast so that they have a chance to repent. I just need justice. The way they treat people including me with disrespect will damage Salvation Army’s reputation and hesitate people to donate more.
Your Sister,
Esther Wang
Go to: www.LAfla.org They will help you!
Esther

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Mar 17, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I will call Legal Aid Foundation and in the meantime will have a meeting with two people from Salvation Army Headquarter Office tomorrow. We will see how that goes and I will keep you posted.
Not A Problem

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Mar 17, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Esther wrote:
I will call Legal Aid Foundation and in the meantime will have a meeting with two people from Salvation Army Headquarter Office tomorrow. We will see how that goes and I will keep you posted.
Great. The Salvation Army is a multi million dollar organization, with the main premise of helping less fortunate people! Make sure they help you get your stuff back, or give you the money to replace it!
Esther

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Mar 18, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I had a meeting with Mr. Gordon and Ms. Pilar this afternoon. They promise me to find where my stuff is, if they cannot find my stuff then they try to replace for me. They will get back to me by next Friday. God bless their helping heart. Stay tune.
Not A Problem

Springville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Mar 19, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Esther wrote:
I had a meeting with Mr. Gordon and Ms. Pilar this afternoon. They promise me to find where my stuff is, if they cannot find my stuff then they try to replace for me. They will get back to me by next Friday. God bless their helping heart. Stay tune.
Great news! Figure out how much money it will cost for you to buy all of the stuff that they lost, in case they are unable to find it. That way you can ask them for a specific dollar amount. Good luck!:)
Hot coed

Alhambra, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Mar 19, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Where does most of the donated stuff go? I heard they ship it overseas in containers and are paid by the pound. Is that true?
Yes

Springville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Mar 20, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Hot coed wrote:
Where does most of the donated stuff go? I heard they ship it overseas in containers and are paid by the pound. Is that true?
A lot of the clothes are shipped overseas, and then used to make new clothing items.
Esther

South El Monte, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Mar 20, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

1

I have more than just clothes. I have a gold ring from my passed away father. Several years ago I worked as a counselor and I bought some crystals and Jewry in San Gabriel, CA My brother in Taiwan gave me some old coins (about 100 years old coins). And I also collect lots of collective calling cards. Lots of computer softwares, download CD and DVD. Four Boxes books in Chinese and English. And much more that I cannot remember.

Salvation Army provides Grivance form but doesn't want the clients to write the complain on the grievance form. The reason I got kicked out ( I am not the only one) because I wrote many grievance forms regarding some staff's attitude and unprofessional conduct.

Executive Director Ms. Neal should not think that I am a trouble maker or evil person. Some of her staff are the one loose her face and need to be punished and fired; otherwise I already predict that this kind of things will keep happening and I will be a pioneer to help and teach other clients to advocate for themselves.

Everyone knows that Bell is run by Ms. Neal and Pastor Moore. If they care so much of their position and salary then they should also take some responsible of themselves and for their staff. They should be humble instead of keep eliminating people who they don't like. Pride is the biggest sin.

Satan's name is lair and make an opposite story. I hope that our mind is very clear to see and avoid it.
Esther

South El Monte, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Mar 20, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Mr. Rosanilla at LA Homeless Services Authority (LAHSA) told me that they have given Bell the whole winter grant for me to stay there. Bell knows that I am a single woman in a wheelchair with no any support including SSI and other social welfare. My stuff is all I have, Bell should not take advantage of a vulnerable disable woman. Bell knows I will need my stuff when I find my place. Although they are just stuff, from a Christian point of view I should not worry about this stuff too much. However, I still live on earth and need these stuff and need money to buy them again (some are invaluable).

This morning I went to the Church. Pastor said that we should not hate people. We pray to God for the justice and in the meantime we have the law to protect us. The law and Government is set by God.

I will pray for Ms. Neal and Mr. Moore at Bell.
Not A Problem

Springville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Mar 21, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Esther wrote:
Mr. Rosanilla at LA Homeless Services Authority (LAHSA) told me that they have given Bell the whole winter grant for me to stay there. Bell knows that I am a single woman in a wheelchair with no any support including SSI and other social welfare. My stuff is all I have, Bell should not take advantage of a vulnerable disable woman. Bell knows I will need my stuff when I find my place. Although they are just stuff, from a Christian point of view I should not worry about this stuff too much. However, I still live on earth and need these stuff and need money to buy them again (some are invaluable).
This morning I went to the Church. Pastor said that we should not hate people. We pray to God for the justice and in the meantime we have the law to protect us. The law and Government is set by God.
I will pray for Ms. Neal and Mr. Moore at Bell.
I spoke to www.LAfla.org They said that they would be more than happy to speak with Bell for you, and work things out. I think you will soon be getting your stuff back, or financial compensation! Good luck!
Esther

South El Monte, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Mar 21, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Thank you So much. God bless you. I feel God is blessing this issue from the beginning. First, I talked to this nice and kind gentleman Mr. Gordon at Salvation Army Headquarter in Long Beach. He enforce and convince Ms. Pilar who is in charge the entire social service in southern CA to meet with me and will do investagation at Bell.

Second, so far I received all response which are all positive supporting me. Thank you all and God bless wherever you go, especially to "Not a Problem".
ex client

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Mar 23, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Hot coed wrote:
Where does most of the donated stuff go? I heard they ship it overseas in containers and are paid by the pound. Is that true?
They recycle the belongings to other homeless people in need. They dnt ship it any where.....lol
I used to be a cliet there & they are great, compassionate & full of outside resources.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of62
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

45 Users are viewing the Los Angeles Forum right now

Search the Los Angeles Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 8 min bee 6335 18,487
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 25 min Frankie Rizzo 200,214
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 1 hr sister mary magda 4,836
How the Civil Rights Act of 1964 changed America 1 hr C Papagayo 93
L.A., Glendale seek injunction against Toonervi... (Nov '08) 1 hr Crowe 114
BEWARE! Casa De Laundry 20051 Ventura Blvd Los... 1 hr Woodland Hills BEWARE 2
Britney Spears' "Alien" leaked without Autotune 2 hr ghegg 1
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Los Angeles County was issued at July 10 at 1:02PM PDT

•••
•••

Los Angeles News Video

•••
•••

Los Angeles Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Los Angeles People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Los Angeles News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Los Angeles
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••